Neptune in the first house

Whoam1

Reading about this placement I can say I relate to almost everything I see in it. However my Neptune is unaspected and not close to the A.C.. I relate to this placement more than even my Sun sign in any form of astrology [my Sun is also in the first close to the AC]. Does anyone else have a first house Neptune? Any other good interpretations of this placement?

waybread

I have a first house Neptune.

The interpretation that makes the most sense to me is that we're the chameleons of the zodiac. Neptune has a "now you see it, now you don't" quality. We tend to appear how we think other people want to see us. Sometimes this can make us appear deceptive to other people, but really it's just about not having a clear outward personality and body image that Neptune won't wash away.

This is a decent placement for an actor, however, or for good listeners who are happy to let others put the focus on themselves.

With Neptune in the first, it is difficult to sustain a consistent self-image. I gave this up as a bad job.

Eanahsti

My Neptune is in the 1st house as well. I can tell you that my identity isn’t clear at all. When I was young, I couldn’t tell what my gender was because there were times I liked girls even though I was one. It was until I got my period was when I realized I was a girl. It’s complicated to have Neptune in the first though, I still have a hard time when crushing on someone because the thought of them not having the same outlook could be troubling in terms of our current friendship.