Tantra

Ukpoohbear

Someone mentioned to me about Tantra sex today and said it is very good for healing and Chiron themes and as addition to meditation. This concept is new to me but she said I should start by looking in a mirror and gently reach an orgasm while saying stuff to myself. I asked her what stuff she said and she said it could be really random and she started to say 'don't hurt me' because of abuse issues. She said one time after she cried she had a Kundalini rise.

I have no experience with Kundalini so again if people could advise and share.

I am thinking this will be good for self esteem and confidence and I was told it could be used in meditation too. I do not know how to use meditation and Tantra together yet because just today I hear it and she only mentioned the first exercise.

I think this is good for someone in a spiritual journey and I hope it is welcomed in the forum even if it has a x rated theme. She also shared this painting with me and said using art to express what you feel is part of the process and is meant for yourself.

If anyone has interest in this or advice then please share and have this as a thread for everyone to share their experience.

Chrysalis

OMG UKpooh....wtf, that painting :w00t:

Is Tantra sex when you have sex without having sex ? I mean like no penetration, do you just look at each other or something.

What you supposed to say to yourself in the mirror ?

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

The woman sent it to me haha and she said painting is part of healing and expressing yourself :lol: I'm going to try the exercise because I have just broke up with my boyfriend. When Craft was here and she met him and we argued and I decided to break it up with him. Then this woman told me about this and I thought why not? It is like rebound but also part of a spiritual journey.

I do not know anything about it though or if you stare at your partner. I don't have one anymore anyway :bandit:

All she said so far is to stare in mirror and (like I said before) then talk to yourself and say whatever comes to your mind.

Is this too much? It sounds weird talking about it :lol:

Chrysalis

The woman sent it to me haha and she said painting is part of healing and expressing yourself :lol: I'm going to try the exercise because I have just broke up with my boyfriend. When Craft was here and she met him and we argued and I decided to break it up with him. Then this woman told me about this and I thought why not? It is like rebound but also part of a spiritual journey.

I do not know anything about it though or if you stare at your partner. I don't have one anymore anyway :bandit:

All she said so far is to stare in mirror and (like I said before) then talk to yourself and say whatever comes to your mind.

Is this too much? It sounds weird talking about it :lol:

Ha ha im just trying to imagine myself now, sat with legs crossed naked in front of the mirror talking to myself :w00t:

What would i even say .... Hi Crysi how you doing lol...

I don't know im all up for trying new things so trying it with someone maybe, but to do the sitting in front of a mirror thing i think would just crack me up.

Im gonna ask siri what he think about it.

Ukpoohbear

Is Siri your boyfriend?

I thought it a bit weird talking to myself but she said it is about learning to be present in the moment. That is key. I do think about my appearance a lot without actually looking at myself. I know what other people look like more than I know what I look like. I do not always like what I see. Sometimes I do or I try and sometimes I concentrate on he bad things. That is going to be my approach. But I think the woman said she said 'don't hurt me' because she had abuse issues and that's what came to her mind when she saw herself naked.

It's funny because I would rather try it with myself than with a partner :lol: but if I had one I loved then I would feel the same as you

Chrysalis

Well Siri's the next best thing to a boyfriend at present lol....but i meant the iphone siri :biggrin:

Im intrigued but for some reason i feel really uncomfortable with the mirror thing, hmm maybe this is my issues i've got.

Hope some others participate in your thread anyway and give you some advice or share stories.

Chrysalis

Yes I forgot to say why but the main goal at the end is to have learnt how to always be present in the moment.

My bad too, i never even thought to ask why....why do you personallyneed to be in the present moment ? Is it because of your break up and referring back to things in the past.

I understand that but surely you need to think of the future too. :unsure:

Ukpoohbear

My bad too, i never even thought to ask why....why do you personallyneed to be in the present moment ? Is it because of your break up and referring back to things in the past.

I understand that but surely you need to think of the future too. :unsure:

Oh the being present in the moment thing is something I've heard my spiritual helper say when I got frustrated one day and said how do I get to where you are and he said the first step should to be always present in the moment. But I like the past and future too. The future is scary but I have plans :lol: if time allows :( who knows! The past is like an old black and white movie you have on tv and it always looks less scary that way.

Ukpoohbear

Well Siri's the next best thing to a boyfriend at present lol....but i meant the iphone siri :biggrin:

Im intrigued but for some reason i feel really uncomfortable with the mirror thing, hmm maybe this is my issues i've got.

Hope some others participate in your thread anyway and give you some advice or share stories.

Oh hahahah I am so slow today! Siri yes I never use it though.

I haven't tried it yet and so I think I will feel really awkward too. I hope others are not put off either. It is a mature way to see sex and I guess it's easier over the internet too :bandit:

Plus it's not all about that it's about being present in each moment and Kundalini rise and building confidence. It is like shadow and spiritual work :love:

Last edited:

Rawiri

Well...it's not really genuine tantra. That involves more...chanting and spirits.

But I'm sure it can be healing for many women and their body-image issues.

Ukpoohbear

Well...it's not really genuine tantra. That involves more...chanting and spirits.

But I'm sure it can be healing for many women and their body-image issues.

Is this not the start of it? How do you get into chanting and spirits? The woman who told me about it said it was during a Chiron transit and she said 'don't touch me.' So I can see that is for healing. I have body issues in the sense hat sometimes I think too much about what I don't like. So the exercise would be good for that but I would rather learn about official Tantra way.

Rawiri

It's a stripped down part of tantra that's made its way to the west. Still of value though, like I said. (And yes you will feel awkward while doing it, initially. That is part of the point :lol: )

Tantra is a whole philosophy on life and "spiritual" practice. But there's no "official" Tantra way. There's many sects and they each have somewhat different ways. In almost all cases very ritualized. These are mostly all secret, too. You would have to be initiated to be privy to them (and you really don't want to be initiated...)

My life "path" was changed entirely by a tantrika.

You actually already engaged in something that was ultimately from tantra in some of your earlier postings here (in the magic thread). A lot of tantra is basically "spells."

The rest of it is for "spiritual liberation"...often involving breaking down the sense of identity, as well as various "taboos." Thus, a tantrika might do things (traditionally) such as eating meat, drinking wine, having sex outside of marriage. They were used as ways to overcome the mental programming...as well as a shock to the person to create certain states of mind.

Of course, these depend on the culture one grew up in. For most of us nowadays...they would hardly be shocking, they'd be normal. So they do not have the same effect they had. Being an ascetic would actually be breaking more of societies taboos nowadays.

Ukpoohbear

Thank you Rawiri for helping to explain the connection, I see Tantra is from Hinduism and my initial magick involved the use of Sanskrit.

I read about Neo-Tantra briefly on Wiki and that is what I would have been told about. After reading the description I also agree it is still useful and should not be judged as

“spiritual logic of late capitalism” is to miss the possibility of a development of real value.[19]

The connection between my previous magick and Tantra is still confusing but I will record what I learn here. I understand the importance of meditation to make a person feel in the moment and to use it in everyday life and the mirror exercise is to look clearly at yourself and still be in the moment. This can help to resolve self esteem, physical and mental issues even on a non disturbing level so everyone should be able to look at themselves.

It is an interesting point Chrysalis said about not forgetting abut the future and the past. We must always learn from our mistakes and not try to forget. Being in the moment should also lead to clear thinking for the future. Mindfulness is very popular so being in the moment just means that.

Tantra as a philosophy is something I will record what I find here. I will read and ask those who will know and share the knowledge as I learn. It is good to be guided and corrected.

The recent posts about Eckhart Tolle has similarity with the practice to live the opposite of your life habits. I want to visit India as part of understanding Hinduism and California would be the place to visit to follow the Neo-Tantra movement if that is the part you prefer to follow.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

Neo-Tantra

'The More Sexual a Person Is, the More Intelligent'

"So really it happens that the more sexual a person is, the more inventive he can be. The more sexual a person is, the more intelligent. With less sex energy, less intelligence exists; with more sexual energy, more intelligence, because sex is a deep search to uncover, not only bodies, not only the opposite sex body, but everything that is hidden."

Osho, The Ultimate Alchemy, Vol. 2, Talk #2

Tantric Meditation

"At its essence, Tantra is a practice that combines movement, breath, meditation and sound, to assist the Chakra energy system within the body to open. This opening allows dormant energy, known as Kundalini, to move up from the pelvis, along the spine." Mindbodygreen.com

Kundalini

"This energy of life force has a goal of bringing you to a complete rest in the universal Self, or the Non-self (not a personal self), or what has been called the peace that passes understanding. One scripture describes Kundalini as a goddess (also called Shakti) who awakens and rushes through the body through the crown of the head to merge with her lover, the God Shiva, representing pure universal consciousness." Kundaliniguide.com

Last edited:

katydid

Neo-Tantra

'The More Sexual a Person Is, the More Intelligent'

"So really it happens that the more sexual a person is, the more inventive he can be. The more sexual a person is, the more intelligent. With less sex energy, less intelligence exists; with more sexual energy, more intelligence, because sex is a deep search to uncover, not only bodies, not only the opposite sex body, but everything that is hidden."

Osho, The Ultimate Alchemy, Vol. 2, Talk #2

Tantric Meditation

"At its essence, Tantra is a practice that combines movement, breath, meditation and sound, to assist the Chakra energy system within the body to open. This opening allows dormant energy, known as Kundalini, to move up from the pelvis, along the spine." Mindbodygreen.com

Kundalini

"This energy of life force has a goal of bringing you to a complete rest in the universal Self, or the Non-self (not a personal self), or what has been called the peace that passes understanding. One scripture describes Kundalini as a goddess (also called Shakti) who awakens and rushes through the body through the crown of the head to merge with her lover, the God Shiva, representing pure universal consciousness." Kundaliniguide.com

Keep in mind however, that saying "So really it happens that the more sexual a person is, the more inventive he can be. The more sexual a person is, the more intelligent." <<<< is kind of a simplification.

Because there are also sex addicts, who care only about their next sexual conquest, at the sacrifice of everything else in their lives.

People can lose their spouses, their jobs, their health, their integrity, all at the behest of their own sexual desires. :devil:

There needs to be a balance. :innocent:

Ukpoohbear

Keep in mind however, that saying "So really it happens that the more sexual a person is, the more inventive he can be. The more sexual a person is, the more intelligent." <<<< is kind of a simplification.

Because there are also sex addicts, who care only about their next sexual conquest, at the sacrifice of everything else in their lives.

People can lose their spouses, their jobs, their health, their integrity, all at the behest of their own sexual desires. :devil:

There needs to be a balance. :innocent:

Yes this is true Katydid. I put down quotes that would introduce the idea of sex not as a conquest but as part of becoming connected to yourself (or another person if you were doing Neo-Tantra.) I liked it because it connected sex with creativity and intelligence so something that adds to an experience.

I have been reading this afternoon about Kundalini more. So far I have seen that some people are frustrated to talk about it either because they have experienced stress with it or they have not reached it yet. The main thing I learn is not to try for Kundalini but to let it happen.

The main approaches to reaching it are

Healthy Eating
Healthy Living
Selfless Act
Meditation
Yoga

Learn yoga to learn yoga asana which are a combination of yoga poses taken from different yoga types like Kundalini yoga.

Combine this with a mantra and breathe movements that flow to create a Krisyas.

Last edited: