What type of criminal would I be?

DevilSmile

I am of the belief that everyone wonders what type of criminal they would be at some point in their lives. So what type of criminal would I be according to my birthchart?

Attachments

• Charthoroscope.jpg
    Charthoroscope.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 33

miquar

Interesting thread title. I might do my own chart, although I have kind of already answered this question for myself in real life during the past!

I think that you might be driven by a sense of entitlement (Moon in Leo in the 10th square Pluto in Scorpio in the 1st ruling the Scorpio ascendant. Moon and Mars make a fiery trine with Mars in the 2nd house of wealth.)

There is an emphasis on Capricorn and the 3rd house, suggesting careful thought and planning. But then there's the close Mercury Neptune conjunction - inspired ideas and intuitive execution of them - perhaps through being a confidence trickster of some kind, or delusion around what is feasible and how this can be attained? Mercury is also closely opposite Chiron - the outsider.

With the Capricorn emphasis so strong, including Sun conjunct Saturn in Capricorn, perhaps your activities would occur against the backdrop of some set of laws. One image that springs to mind is the character from 'The Italian Job' who underwrites the theft of the Italian gold from in prison - he clearly enjoys his high status within the criminal world and expects to be treated with great respect by other inmates and prison guards alike, and he is deeply loyal to the Queen of England! Perhaps you would have a strong sense of pride in doing what you do well (Leo/Scorpio also prone to pride), and with integrity. You may commit crimes to raise or maintain your general social status.

Well, you did ask...

wilsontc

Staff member
criminal or not? to Devil

Devil,

You said:
I am of the belief that everyone wonders what type of criminal they would be at some point in their lives. So what type of criminal would I be according to my birthchart?

Well, I don't wonder about becoming a criminal and don't plan to wonder that so I guess that disproves your belief! :biggrin:

As to your question, it can only be answered by some form of traditional astrology. Traditional astrology simply says that people ARE or ARE NOT evil. So if you have an evil chart, you are an evil person. John Wayne Gacy has an evil chart and Mother Theresa does not. So, Gacy is evil and Mother Theresa is not. That means a traditional astrologer would look at your chart and see whether or not it had "criminal" in it. If it did, the traditional astrologer would tell you WHAT type of criminal you would be. And, if not, the traditional astrologer would say you would NOT be a criminal.

For the modern astrologer, the question is more complicated. For one thing, are you in a circumstance that DRIVES you to commit criminal acts? A perfectly normal, law-abiding person can be driven to criminal acts based on necessity (e.g., a starving person who can get food no other way turns to stealing to get food). Or an opportunity for being a criminal may motivate some people. A person on the edge between honesty and criminality is honest when it looks like they will get caught and dishonest when they think they can get away with it. Ultimately, according to modern astrology, being a criminal is a choice, not a situation, and it depends a lot on the person's circumstances to see what sort of (if any) criminal action they would do. Only after a person has made the choice to be a criminal can the modern astrologer tell something about what TYPE of criminal they have chosen to be.

About criminality,

Tim

Last edited:

miquar

Re: criminal or not? to Devil

Devil,

As to your question, it can only be answered by some form of traditional astrology. Traditional astrology simply says that people ARE or ARE NOT evil. So if you have an evil chart, you are an evil person. John Wayne Gacy has an evil chart and Mother Theresa does not. So, Gacy is evil and Mother Theresa is not. That means a traditional astrologer would look at your chart and see whether or not it had "criminal" in it. If it did, the traditional astrologer would tell you WHAT type of criminal you would be. And, if not, the traditional astrologer would say you would NOT be a criminal.

And yet even if traditional astrology really is this crude (it might be - I've never studied it), traditional techniques would not distinguish between close birth twins, one of whom may be 'evil' and the other not.

For the modern astrologer, the question is more complicated. For one thing, are you in a circumstance that DRIVES you to commit criminal acts? A perfectly normal, law-abiding person can be driven to criminal acts based on necessity (e.g., a starving person who can get food no other way turns to stealing to get food). Or an opportunity for being a criminal may motivate some people. A person on the edge between honesty and criminality is honest when it looks like they will get caught and dishonest when they think they can get away with it. Ultimately, according to modern astrology, being a criminal is a choice, not a situation, and it depends a lot on the person's circumstances to see what sort of (if any) criminal action they would do. Only after a person has made the choice to be a criminal can the modern astrologer tell something about what TYPE of criminal they have chosen to be.

But criminality and dishonesty are not the same thing. I agree that modern astrology can't answer the op's question, though.

Moog

And yet even if traditional astrology really is this crude (it might be - I've never studied it), traditional techniques would not distinguish between close birth twins, one of whom may be 'evil' and the other not.

Vedic astrologers make much use of Varga charts, with which one (apparently; I've never had data trustworthy enough to play with) may distinguish between folk born at times very close together.

Criminals aren't necessarily evil though.

tsmall

Premium Member

Tim,

You said...

While I think I understand the point you are trying to make, I'm surprised by the black and white picture you paint here. I've been studying traditional astrology pretty intensely for almost a year and half, and I've never come across anything that could be said to claim people are (all is implied here) either evil or not evil.

About criminality,

Tim

Actually, this sounds more like what the traditional astrologer would do to answer the question as well. One would need to define criminal, since it seems to have to a lot to do with the societal context, but as Moog points out, all criminals are not evil. Conversely not all "evil" people are criminals. I agree that a person has to make a choice to become a criminal. Traditional methods also look at what circumstances could or would drive someone to becoming a criminal. The difference is in the methods used to get there, not the destination.

JUPITERASC

Reliable certainty of the accuracy of your time of birth is required - otherwise no astrologer - whether using either modern OR traditional OR indeed Uranian astrological skills can tell you anything reliable :smile:

DevilSmile

Devil,

You said:

Well, I don't wonder about becoming a criminal and don't plan to wonder that so I guess that disproves your belief! :biggrin:

About criminality,

Tim

What I meant was if someone had to turn to living a criminal lifestyle.:bandit:

wilsontc

Staff member
not that simple, to Devil

Devil,

You said:
What I meant was if someone had to turn to living a criminal lifestyle.:bandit:

I think you now see that it isn't that simple. Even some traditional astrologers would have a hard time to determine whether someone wanted to be a criminal or not (putting aside the whole issue of "evil"). So if you decide to be a criminal...that's up to you, and you can't say the "devil" of astrology made you do it! :biggrin:

About the complexity of criminality,

Tim

Culpeper

Premium Member
Definitely a highwayman, what with all those planets in the third house. However, rectified 5 minutes earlier, and you could not possibly be a criminal.

wilsontc

Staff member
please get back on topic

All,

Please get back on topic. I have deleted and will continue to delete off-topic postings. Keep the focus on astrology and astrological indicators in the chart. Accusing people of being trolls or giving non-astrological advice is outside the topic of this thread.

Back on topic,

Tim

Culpeper

Premium Member
I don't want to encourage you to take up a life of crime, but you do have some indications. Natives who want to be criminals often have many trine aspects or a grand trine in their charts: they expect something for nothing in life. Your chart has only one trine but it is critical between Moon and Mars.

Mars rules both your first and 6th house, and its influence will be greater in the 6th since it beholds that house, but is adverse to the first. When Mars rules the 6th house and harsh fixed stars are active, people may consider the native to be an enemy. In your chart Mars is with Sabik a harsh star that gives depraved morals and success at evil deeds. But Mars is in sect which reduces its malefic tendencies.

On the other hand at the other end of the trine is the Moon in the 10th house. The Moon is with Merak a fortunate star and it gives prudence and virtue. It rules the 9th house where the benefic Jupiter resides. The Moon is the sect ruler in this chart and is fortunate.

Venus is with Altair which can be fortunate or unfortunate, but since Venus is in sect probably the former. Since the fixed stars are with the planets of sect I think the chart indicates good over evil and this will predict the general state of the native.

Last edited: