What's your Briggs Myers type?

ashriia

I think the Myers Briggs is certainly interesting. But I'm gonna have to agree with what another poster said, that in taking such a test.. there is a certain amount of self deception that comes into play. Not to mention someone that is mentally ill.. say with bipolar disorder.. might not be able to evaluate how they really respond to certain events and things realistically. If such a test is conducted by a professional therapist/counselor with the client/patient i think the results would be much more likely to be accurate.

I'm an INFP. thru and thru. which i attribute to my moon conjunct gemini ascendant. and venus/neptune opposition.:biggrin:

Blaze

Account Closed
After studying sociology for a bit I have to wonder how effective this test really is. The test asks you to answer honestly, but when so many outside sources shape our minds for the day it's hard to say which answers are honest and which aren't.

An example: Say one of the questions on the test was "Do you like dogs?" Now, a dog lover would naturally say yes, but what if earlier that same dog lover ruined some new shoes thanks to stepping in some dog ****? They might hold some anger toward that moment and blame [dogs] so they might give an answer like "Sort of" which would be a lie on their character.

I don't think taking the test with a neutral mind is possible since even our dreams influence how we feel upon waking.

Going to have to look more into this. :cool: