Get Your Stichomancy Readings Here!

SagiCap

I did this today when I was at the end of my rope with a situation and I just stared in disbelief of the truth, so I decided to make a thread. The fact that it resonated so well with me made me want to try it for anyone who offers up a question. Let me know your feedback!

Stichomancy is an old form reading I used to do (unknowingly) as a child. Sometimes I'd ask a question and open up a dictionary for my one word answer. It always amazed me. I knew there was something. I didn't even know this was legitimately practiced until today. It gave credibility to something I knew innately. It's 3000 years old! The Reader randomly selects a book in a library of books to find an excerp that applies to the Querent's question at hand. Your task is to resonate with it and find meaning in what you read for yourself.

Please note: I'm not a pro. I'm just practicing on you guys if you'll allow me to.

Who's first?

Last edited:

Lion o ness

They this is interesting.. Actually I have never heard of this type of reading... But I have done many things like this my entire life... It leads me on the correct path... I thought it was just me...

Example:
When I was younger I was desperately looking for a job, I applied everywhere and went on many interviews, but just couldnt get the job... I was frustrated and on my last leg so I said to myself well Im going to let fate/destiny guide me now....

I closed my eyes.. Opened up the phone book and put my finger down (all while my eyes were shut) When I opened my eyes, my finger was on a name of a company.. I called that company.. I asked are you hiring? They said YESSS.. We need several people that can start right away, can you come in and fill out an application... I immediately went in :)

I week later I was hired, and started working....

BTW.... That was 16 years ago, and I STILL work for this same company.. I have received 4 promotions. I have worked my way through the ranks.. Starting at the bottom working my way into management.

===============

So I will ask a question.. Hummm let me think....

What is my life purpose?

SagiCap

What is my life purpose?

What is Lion o ness' life's purpose?

The excerpt represents the core issue or deciding factor on which you must meditate, and is drawn from The Crowd by Gustave le Bon:

suggestions, and is inevitably made to hesitate. This explains how it is that he is often seen to vote in contrary fashion in an interval of a quarter of an hour or to add to a law an article which nullifies it; for instance, to withdraw from employers of labour the right of choosing and dismissing their workmen, and then to very nearly annul this measure by an amendment.

It is for the same reason that every Chamber that is returned has some very stable opinions, and other opinions that are very shifting. On the whole, the general questions being the more numerous, indecision is predominant in the Chamber--the indecision which results from the ever- present fear of the elector, the suggestion received from whom is always latent, and tends to counterbalance the influence of the leaders.

Last edited:

Lion o ness

Thank you!!!

This does have some meaning..... But wow its totally flipped... VERY VERY strange...

Can you explain what that passage means... I want to know how someone else would interpret it. Im trying to figure out if understanding correctly..

dr. farr

This technique is still well-known and widely practiced in the Islamic world: the Koran is used to obtain the answer; in the West this practice-originating mostly as a folk practice in Europe-was called bibliomancy (divination from books, ie, "biblos") and in Pensylvania Dutch country the Bible was-and still is-used for this purpose.
...just a bit of history...

SagiCap

This technique is still well-known and widely practiced in the Islamic world: the Koran is used to obtain the answer; in the West this practice-originating mostly as a folk practice in Europe-was called bibliomancy (divination from books, ie, "biblos") and in Pensylvania Dutch country the Bible was-and still is-used for this purpose.

Yes, it's wonderful. I read this too - also with the Bible. It's amazing how the cosmos actually tries to guide, teach and enlighten us. We just need to listen and absorb.

SagiCap

What does the spiritual world currently want to tell me?

What does the Spiritual World want to tell Skillcoil?

The excerpt represents the core issue or deciding factor on which you must meditate, and is drawn from The Land of Footprints by Stewart Edward White: cramping and abrasive under the equator as in the temperate zones. Still, it is one method. Another is to lay out a kill and visit it in the early morning. There is more to this, for you are afoot, must generally search out your beast in nearby cover, and can easily find any amount of excitement in the process. The fourth way is to ride the lion. The hunter sees his quarry returning home across the plains, perhaps; or jumps it from some small bushy ravine. At once he spurs his horse in pursuit. The lion will run but a short distance before coming to a stop, for he is not particularly long either of wind or of patience.

SagiCap

I love the sound of this, very interesting! I'd love a go and have a burning question.

How can I find my soulmate/twinflame/love?

How can Neptune Rising find a soulmate/twinflame/love?

The excerpt represents the core issue or deciding factor on which you must meditate, and is drawn from Dreams & Dust by Don Marquis:

Voyages toward an unguessed goal!

THE MOTHER

THE mother by the gallows-tree, The gallows-tree, the gallows-tree, (While the twitching body mocked the sun) Lifted to Heaven her broken heart And called for sympathy.

Then Mother Mary bent to her, Bent from her place by God's left side, And whispered: "Peace--do I not know?-- My son was crucified!"

sethi

Yes its true and this method is used very widely throughout the muslims of the world with good success rate.

Neptune Rising

How can Neptune Rising find a soulmate/twinflame/love?

The excerpt represents the core issue or deciding factor on which you must meditate, and is drawn from Dreams & Dust by Don Marquis:

Voyages toward an unguessed goal!

THE MOTHER

THE mother by the gallows-tree, The gallows-tree, the gallows-tree, (While the twitching body mocked the sun) Lifted to Heaven her broken heart And called for sympathy.

Then Mother Mary bent to her, Bent from her place by God's left side, And whispered: "Peace--do I not know?-- My son was crucified!"

Thank you very much for doing this SagiCap!

I wonder whether the voyages to the unguess goal is anything to do with a silent meditation course that I am going on soon. That is a goalless goal....

Thank you, I apprecaite that, much to ponder on!:happy:

NR

Skillcoil

What does the Spiritual World want to tell Skillcoil?

The excerpt represents the core issue or deciding factor on which you must meditate, and is drawn from The Land of Footprints by Stewart Edward White: cramping and abrasive under the equator as in the temperate zones. Still, it is one method. Another is to lay out a kill and visit it in the early morning. There is more to this, for you are afoot, must generally search out your beast in nearby cover, and can easily find any amount of excitement in the process. The fourth way is to ride the lion. The hunter sees his quarry returning home across the plains, perhaps; or jumps it from some small bushy ravine. At once he spurs his horse in pursuit. The lion will run but a short distance before coming to a stop, for he is not particularly long either of wind or of patience.

Thank you SagiCap, I will reflect on this.

SagiCap

is there some guidance for me on the yoga business, and the astrology and tarot business?

Thank you!! :smile:

What is the guidance for Neptune Rising's businesses?

The excerpt represents the core issue or deciding factor on which you must meditate, and is drawn from Manon Lescaut by Abbe Prevost:

"`There is indeed a son,' said I, `very different from his father! But tell me truly, now, does not such an offer tempt you?' `Me!' she replied, adapting to the idea two verses from Racine--

Moi! vous me soupconnez de cette perfidie? Moi! je pourrais souffrir un visage odieux, Qui rappelle toujours l'Hopital a mes yeux?

`No I' replied I, continuing the parody--

J'aurais peine a penser que l'Hopital, madame, Fut un trait dont l'amour l'eut grave dans votre ame.

`But it assuredly is a temptation--a furnished house, a lady's maid, a cook, a carriage, and three servants--gallantry can offer

SagiCap

does she think about me?

Does she think about Sugar?

The excerpt represents the core issue or deciding factor on which you must meditate, and is drawn from The Hunting of the Snark by Lewis Carroll:

mind that you will say both words, but leave it unsettled which you will say first. Now open your mouth and speak. If your thoughts incline ever so little towards "fuming," you will say "fuming-furious;" if they turn, by even a hair's breadth, towards "furious," you will say "furious-fuming;" but if you have the rarest of gifts, a perfectly balanced mind, you will say "frumious."
Supposing that, when Pistol uttered the well-known words--

"Under which king, Bezonian? Speak or die!" Justice Shallow had felt certain that it was either William or Richard, but had not been able to settle which, so that he could not possibly say either name before the other, can it be doubted that, rather than die, he would have gasped out "Rilchiam!"

SagiCap

Thank you SagiCap :happy:, I'm mulling it over, is it something about money being a temptation?

To be honest, these don't really resonate with me. I believe this method is supposed to make the Querent meditate and gather meaning from it on their own, from what I've read. I think if your instinct was temptation, I would reflect more on that. Is temptation motivating you and making you better or is it hindering you? It can be both. Do you find more clues as you read it over again perhaps? Sorry I can't be more helpful. I wish I could. :(

This is what I love about Stichomancy though, it begs you to use your own reasoning and find internal strength and not trust someone else to guide your way.

Last edited: