Question about movement of Pluto (how long do it's transits last?)

lovewitch

I'm really sorry if this is an obvious or stupid question, but I can't seem to wrap my head around how the planets move through the houses.

I currently have Pluto squaring my natal Sun. I'm not sure how long this transit has been in place or how long it will last. Is there a way I can find this out?

Also I believe Pluto goes retrograde (correct me if I'm wrong), and so does this happen on a set pattern? Or could Pluto stay squaring my Sun as a transit for a very long time because it keeps changing direction?

Again this probably is obvious but I'm so confused by the movement of the planets.

Also is Pluto currently in the 9th house for everyone?

My natal Pluto was in the 7th house. Was Pluto in the 7th house for a generation of people i.e. everyone born in 1993 had it in their 7th house?

Would appreciate any helpful answers to this, or even to point me in the right direction with a link! Haven't been able to find much on google so maybe not using the right keywords.

Animatrix

I'm really sorry if this is an obvious or stupid question, but I can't seem to wrap my head around how the planets move through the houses.

I currently have Pluto squaring my natal Sun. I'm not sure how long this transit has been in place or how long it will last. Is there a way I can find this out?

Also I believe Pluto goes retrograde (correct me if I'm wrong), and so does this happen on a set pattern? Or could Pluto stay squaring my Sun as a transit for a very long time because it keeps changing direction?

Again this probably is obvious but I'm so confused by the movement of the planets.

Also is Pluto currently in the 9th house for everyone?

My natal Pluto was in the 7th house. Was Pluto in the 7th house for a generation of people i.e. everyone born in 1993 had it in their 7th house?

Would appreciate any helpful answers to this, or even to point me in the right direction with a link! Haven't been able to find much on google so maybe not using the right keywords.

Hi!

A transit of Pluto can last up to three years. What is your experience with Pluto square Sun? Is it difficult?

Pluto is not in the 7th house for everybody, that depends on exact birth time. If you had been born one hour later or earlier Pluto would have been in a different house, most likely. Your ascendant (Rising sign) marks the first house and Rising signs change many times during the day.

Sincerely

lovewitch

Hi!

A transit of Pluto can last up to three years. What is your experience with Pluto square Sun? Is it difficult?

Pluto is not in the 7th house for everybody, that depends on exact birth time. If you had been born one hour later or earlier Pluto would have been in a different house, most likely. Your ascendant (Rising sign) marks the first house and Rising signs change many times during the day.

Sincerely

Thank you for this info!!!

My experience has been very intense so far. I'm not sure when the transit started for me, but for the past 2 and a half years I have experienced massive changes in my life and completely changed as a person.

I went from being an incredibly anxious timid mouse, to where I am now - living alone in city away from family and very independent and much more confident.

But there has been a lot of pain so far. A very close friendship ruined, painful job experiences, health issues coming to surface, a learning disability finally being diagnosed and also finally coming to terms with my personal identity and sexuality.

All in all it has been a crazy past two and a half years and if that has been the work of this transit then it would make a lot of sense!

Neptunian Rainbow

Hi,

do you use Astrodienst? In that case you can choose "special charts" and then "transit calendar for three years". You also have to insert another date if you want to know what has happened during the last three years.

Pluto moves forward sometimes and goes retrograde sometimes. So you can have Pluto square Sun during some months while Pluto moves forward. Then for some months Pluto is not in an aspect to you Sun. After that Pluto goes retrograde and passes over the point that squares you Sun again. Like Animatrix mentioned, an aspect from Pluto can be on and off for up to three years.

People around your age have Pluto in the same sign, but not in the same house. I for example belong to the Pluto in Libra generation.

dr. farr

I only use transits by conjunction (I don't use transit aspects)-for me, the transit by conjunction has always given much clearer indications than transits by aspect (not saying that my way is best, only that it has worked well for me over the decades:happy:)

I use the oldtime Ottoman-era (late Islamic transitional period) timing schedules for transits (by conjunction)-the estimated length of the effect of the conjuncting transiting planet (which effects begin 1 degree before exact conjunction with the natal planet placement) is dependent upon the SIGN in which the transit conjunction occurs, each sign having a different approximate length of time vis-a-vis a transit. These sign time periods are modified by the type of planet DOING the transiting conjunction: there are 3 traditional and 1 modern group of such transiting planets:
A = Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus: these transiting planets give the shortest length of activating influence
B = Mars: this planet gives a somewhat longer length of influence
C = Jupiter, Saturn: these transiting planets give a longer length of activating influence
D =used in Modern astrology = Uranus, Neptune, Pluto: these transiting planets give the longest length of activating influence.

The activation of activity by the transiting planet to the radical planet estimated upon the basis of the sign the transiting conjunction is in, brought up to date relative to Modern astrology, is as follows:

Group A transiting planets: varies from 2 days to 7 days depending on sign

Group B transiting planet: varies 10 days to 48 days

Group C transiting planets: varies from 4 months to 15 months

Group D transiting planets: varies from 8 months to 30 months

When the transiting conjuncting planet is from Group D-such as Pluto-and the sign of the transit conjunction is Aquarius, the estimated activation time = 30 months, according to this method...

Last edited:

mdinaz

Most outer planets do a "triple tap" transit - cross over, go retrograde and cross, then go direct and cross over again. For Neptune and Pluto this can go on for a couple years. And because of how slowly they move, many people will not experience the Pluto square Sun transit in their lives, ever. Don't feel bad, I was born with that square but won't experience a transiting square unless I live to be about 120. I did go through an opposition which wasn't all that great a wonderful experience. But it's how we grow spiritually.

CapAquaPis

Pluto has an oblong, eccentric orbit in the solar system - about 248 years to circle the sun, but it doesn't stay in a sign for 20.6 years each. In the first half of the zodiac (Aries-Virgo) up to 30 years, in the 2nd half (Leo to Pisces), like 15 years. For the US, its' Plutonian return is 2024 - they declared independence in 1776, and the state of CA, 2018 - 248 years after its first white or European settlement. When Pluto is in Aquarius, these places will experience a sudden, strong and stunning change with some turmoil, conflict and upheaval.