Chart of a Lawyer?

ReclusiveHermit

hi all;

I just completed my bachelor of arts (social science) degree with distinction by majoring in philosophy/politics & policy studies in 2014.

I was ready to do a honors year in philosophy or politics but changed my mind and decided on a law degree or juris doctor.

I'm in my 2nd year of law after completing my 1st year thus far.

My question is; does my chart purport to a chart of a lawyer.

my assumptions include;

moon in libra

venus in gemini

the 1st/7th interception + Jupiter in 9th + Moon in Libra square Asc

The 6th house ruled by Sagittarius and Jupiter in 9th = law.

Though mars is debilitated in cancer it is still in the 1st of Aries squaring the 9th house Jupiter in Aries so that indicates an individual volition trying to teach/proffer or use law for the cause of justice? Furthermore the mars conjunct ASC which is also strengthened by mars being parallel to the ASC.

Further more the moon in libra in the 3rd (the house of communication) is opposing Jupiter in the 9th (which is the house of philosophy, law, higher courts, higher education, long journeys and justice)- this is emphasized if you look at the moon being contra parallel jupiter.

My overall question is, what type of law should I specialize in; Civil or Criminal law?

I find law interesting but I would like some thoughts/opinions- thanks.

Attachments

• Chart.jpg
    Chart.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 78

theV

I think lawyer needs to have a strong 9th,10th and 11th house. These houses are responsible for believe system, society, and social system.

I would prefer Civil law. You are to sweet for crimes lol. I feel crime law needs a strong pluto, or scorpio energy or 8th house to delve in the crime world.

ukdesifem

Strong 6th house, strong Jupiter, Mercury, Mars, Neptune.

And strong 9th and 11th house. Maybe strong 3rd house too.

ReclusiveHermit

Yes I have always leaned towards civil law rather than criminal law.

So if you as both of you suggest that a natal chart 'should' have a strong 9th, 11th, 10th house, 6th, 3rd house and a strong mars, mercury, jupiter and neptune- do I have it?

I want to complete my law degree but obviously I could use my previous and my law degree differently, that is, for different career paths?

I'm thinking; Lawyer (Civil) or journalist/writer or lastly working for the government in some capacity (public service).

muchacho

Chart ruler in 4th, ruler of 10th in 1st, Sun as ruler of 2nd in 1st... looks more like a chart of a business man. That's the tropical chart. However, your vedic chart looks more like the chart of a lawyer, maybe even politician. :cool:

Last edited:

waybread

Sometimes a chart doesn't so much say what career would be best for you as much as it says how or in what manner you could do well at it.

The law as a field of study is a 9th house matter, and Jupiter there seems well-placed. Litigation is a 7th house matter. Yours is ruled by Saturn, located in the 5th house of children and recreation. With Sagittarius on the cusp, your 5th house is ruled by Jupiter, which suggests to me that family law might be appropriate for you.

But your sun, Mercury, and Venus are in the 12th house. This suggests to me that you are fundamentally a private person who prefers to work behind the scenes. You might enjoy legal research more than persuading a jury in a courtroom drama. The 12th also rules people who are involuntarily shut-in in some way, such as prisoners and hospital patients. This might reinforce work in the juvenile justice system. Or health care and medical malpractice law, as the traditional ruler of your 6th house of health is also Jupiter in your 9th house.

Your Libra moon should give you an innate love of fairness-- i.e., of justice. Combined with your 12th house focus, I would think of justice for misfortunate people, such as misguided youth who have run afoul of the justice system, or hospital patients who were damaged by their health care system.

A law degree could be an asset for you in a government service job, where you could utilize your 9th house interests while working behind the scenes.

Last edited:

ReclusiveHermit

Waybread;

I think this is a good analysis overall. Yes being a solicitor requires legal research and conversing with the client while the barrister is the one who will argue, coax and persuade in court. I would definitely prefer being a solicitor rather than a barrister (I guess the former would be working behind the scenes).

I also prefer civil rather than criminal law- all that is true and there is a real need to use the law for just outcomes that serve those who cannot afford legal representation or those who are just voiceless/underprivileged.

My only question is how would you integrated Pluto which is in the house of communication into your analysis? Pluto (applying rather than separating aspect) trines mercury, squares mars (another applying aspect, orb 8) and opposes Jupiter in the 9th house (applying aspect, orb 11). I feel as though ignoring pluto especially when it trines Venus (with Venus being the planetary ruler of the MC in Taurus) as well as jupiter in the 9th which sextiles venus- is something that cannot be ignored.

My only conclusion with pluto in the 3rd house is that it increases the need to research deeply, all matters which are intellectually stimulating- which is probably tied to any higher education pursuits?

waybread

Pluto is not one of the personal planets, but your Pluto trines Mercury, which reinforces your "detective" capabilities.

Thanks for the distinction between barristers and solicitors-- it isn't one generally made in the US.

Scherzy

I think lawyer needs to have a strong 9th,10th and 11th house. These houses are responsible for believe system, society, and social system.

I would prefer Civil law. You are to sweet for crimes lol. I feel crime law needs a strong pluto, or scorpio energy or 8th house to delve in the crime world.

I think so