Lottery

cindah

Oops Claire, sorry Venus is not progressing to my natal sun, actually my progressed moon is almost an exact conjunction to my natal Venus. Sorry for the error.
Thanks again.

BobZemco

When I won some lottery monies I had no transits to the 2nd house at all.

Why would you?

For someone who is a professional gambler, or who plays the lottery expressly for income or to supplement their income, then the rulers of the 2nd, 6th and 10th Houses would be involved and perhaps Jupiter, Uranus or Pluto might be transiting the 2nd House, and you'd see the 5th House activated either by transiting planets or the ruler of the 5th in aspect (conjunction, trine or sextile).

But for everyone else who plays casually, you're looking at the rulers of the 5th, 8th and 11th Houses

Claire19

About the only chart I remember seeing where the person had real good fortune with the Ma/Ju square is Hughes.

What more do you need with a placement in the 2nd such as yours?

In astrology there are always going to be a divergence in what occurs in the chart as in the case of Howard Hughes and yourself.

It is better probably to have an aspect between the two planets then none at all as far as one winning the lottery.

I also have the Ma/Ju square and I really find it a challenge.
Mars square Jupiter could relate to the air accident that Hughes had. He crashed into housing if I recall. Cant compare his chart with anyone else's not even if born on the same day and at the same time. He also did not win money in any lottery but was successful because of his own ingenuity.

Last edited:

cindah

Why would you?

For someone who is a professional gambler, or who plays the lottery expressly for income or to supplement their income, then the rulers of the 2nd, 6th and 10th Houses would be involved and perhaps Jupiter, Uranus or Pluto might be transiting the 2nd House, and you'd see the 5th House activated either by transiting planets or the ruler of the 5th in aspect (conjunction, trine or sextile).

But for everyone else who plays casually, you're looking at the rulers of the 5th, 8th and 11th Houses

Thanks for that awesome info BobZem..I have a question for you: These rulers you say "would be involved"...do they necessarily have to be "well" aspected to each other...or even if they are, do you think other planetary aspects to these rulers could interfer?

Claire19

Why would you?

The 11th for clubs and gambling groups and the 6th also for wins with colleagues as in my case. I agree with your assessments.

Last edited:

Claire19

Thanks for that awesome info BobZem..I have a question for you: These rulers you say "would be involved"...do they necessarily have to be "well" aspected to each other...or even if they are, do you think other planetary aspects to these rulers could interfer?
THe rulers aspected to each other not necessarily so. Planets positioned in a relevant house are always more powerful than rulers of a house. We need to take each chart on its merits as there are many scenarios and combinations. It has been my experience that the 8th house of others and shared assets is always involved in some way because we are taking prizes that are contributed to by others.

Last edited:

Claire19

Thanks again Claire. I don't see how I can post a biwheel but it is interesting that you asked about progressions. Right now the sun has just progressed over my moon which on the equal house system is right on my 5th cusp. Also, Venus is just now progressing to my natal sun. I thought the sun moving into the 5th might bring me an opportunity for a win. But then again, Jupiter has progressed to an exact square w/ Saturn so that might be preventing any gain that way. I think we all have different "channels" where money comes to us. For some it may be the lotto, others an inheritance and yet for others, through some type of work so they have to earn it. And Venus seems to be the key...and like you said Jupiter seems to be connected w/ large gains. In my case, it seems complicated. Even though I have a Venus trine Neptune, my second house has a stressed sun so in this life time, I may have to work hard for money, which I pretty much do. I am a graphic artist w/ constant deadlines to meet, sometimes spur of the moment deadlines. I do like to play guitar and write songs though...that brings me comfort. I might get some small inheritance...but as far as a partnership I don't see that now. I'm such a loner.
If you can go to Astrodienst and get a natal chart done, even anonymously with the transits and progressions posted on it. THat would be easier for me to see.

adypric

i have in my natal venus and north node in first house in conjunction with first house cusp;
i have sun and mercury in my 2 house;

i have :saturn at 4 degree before 5 house cusp and than pluto ,jupiter ,mars ,uranus ,vertex in my five house;

pluto in conjunction with spica ,acturus ,mars ,jupiter

jupiter in conjunction with mars ,pluto

My 5 house cusp is in libra ,ruler venus which is in the first house cusp in conjunction with north node.

My 2 house cusp is in 29,50 degree cancer ...leo .

my 8 house cusp is in capricorn .

my 11 house cusp in aries.

I have a chance to win a large sum of money in my life ?

adypric

And still for my natal chart some completation :

venus in conjunction canopus
Venus conjunct Canopus 0 41' in first house
Canopus, brightest star in Carina (The Keel [of Argo]), was named for the chief pilot of Menelaus on his return from Troy. Of the nature of Jupiter and Saturn, success through perseverance and constructive initiatives is indicated with the potential for weatlth and success. Equally, discontent and a tendency to depression is possible.

Uranus conjunct Rigel Kentaurus 0 40' in 5 to 6 house
Rigel Kentaurus, in Centaurus, is the "foot of the centaur," sometimes called Toliman, "grapevine shoot." It has also been referred to as Bungula. Of the nature of Venus and Jupiter, it brings good fortune and rewarding connections. Well placed, it can help to gain a position of honour and power.

Pluto conjunct Arcturus 0 20' in 5 house
Arcturus, in Bootes (The Herdsman), has been called the "Watcher of the Bear", being near Ursa Major. Of the nature of Mars and Jupiter, Arcturus is associated with fame and honours. It also indicates an enterprising and pioneering spirit. If afflicted, good fortune can be reversed and losses are possible through litigation.

Pluto conjunct Spica 0 04' in 5 house
Spica, (also known as Arista), a "spike, or ear, of wheat" is in Virgo
(The Maiden). It is regarded as an indication of success and is associated with a love of the arts and sciences. Spica brings honours, fame, preferment and wealth. It indicates a noble and good-hearted disposition. It also gives the potential or aspriation for spiritual advancement. Nature of Venus and Mars.

Courtney Love

Claire,

in VenusinAries's dad's chart, his 5th house is not only empty, but it's ruler is Venus in virgo, which is in fall. Any ideas as to how a weakened, empty 5th house can produce a multi-million dollar lottery winner? yes, I see his 2nd house has some big players, but you've been adamant about having a strong 5th house. What do you think?

Caro

just felt like bringing this one back.

not that I am feeling lucky but trying to bring some money in as Im currently broke......

waiting to get paid...:annoyed:

Baroness

I would love to know if I have the potential to win a jackpot too. I have won smaller amounts many times (the largest amount has been $200.00). I am really overwhelmed by everything I've been researching about financial astrology. I had a "gambling" horsocope done once and I played on all the days the astrologer circled on my calendar print out and I didn't win anything more than $5.00 on a couple of the days.

I have Jupiter in Sagittarius in the 2nd house
Mars in Aries in the 5th house
Saturn in Gemini in the 8th house

and a Grand Fire Trine which the astrologer said is lucky

.....I was wondering if my Saturn placement has been holding me back. This is my chart, one is Placidus and one is Koch. I have read the Part of Fortune and Transpluto also affect whether we will win or not also.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_anonymous_hp.63198.24287.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_anonymous_hp.63198.24287.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 27
  • astro_2gw_01_anonymous_hk.63258.25661.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_anonymous_hk.63258.25661.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 33

JM1992

I would have thought the ruler of the 5th house would have to be making some favourable aspects in the natal chart. I have Jupiter in the 5th house (Placidus) and have had some luck with gambling. I won £650 on the Grand National, one of the worlds biggest horse races, a few years ago :joyful: Below is a pdf of my transits for that day. Really can't see too much here which would imply winning on that particular day, though i am a novice lol..Would love to know if anyone else can see anything?

http://www.astro.com/tmpd/cq0xfilej4oOlj-u1305562962/astro_24gw_01_james_2009404.81295.503.pdf

selfless

Banned
by following VEDIC ASTROLOGY, it can be told that-----If u get a dasa of 5th house lord alongwith an AntarDasa of 8th house lord or vice versa and if ur 11 th house lord has the star whose lord is 5th house lord..there a few more cases/examples.

K

Katydidit

I would love to know if I have the potential to win a jackpot too. I have won smaller amounts many times (the largest amount has been $200.00). ...

.....I was wondering if my Saturn placement has been holding me back.

... the Part of Fortune and Transpluto also affect whether we will win or not also.

I'm not sure that Baroness will ever see this response, but she brought up a couple universal ideas I'd like to address. This is from someone who has tested, tried, learned much about my OWN luck when it comes to gambling for quick money ...

1 - Potential
As corny as it may sound, look to your past. If you have had "many times" then there is probably something there to pursue. If there is a wave of luck that flows through your life, your project is to find it and flow with it. If there never was a wave, then you're looking for a 'miracle' and should research accordingly.

2 - Saturn
If you're looking for big wins, you can't be afraid of Saturn. You should review your natal chart for the stability that Saturn could bring. That scythe can wipe clean, but it also can raise your barn.

3 - Part of Fortune
I think many have found this to be a key area - in both natal and transit charts. Can't use natal if birth time is unknown - maybe a favorable JU/UR instead? After all, everyone should have at least one miracle in this life, even if it might take decades.

hope this helps ...
K

I know someone with all the markers in a grand trine which is actually a kite.
Jupiter 2nd trine Uranus/Saturn in Sag Pluto apex in Scorpio 8th ruler of 5th and 2nd involved in Kite.

His wife: 3 grand trines with Jupiter, Neptune, Mars, Pluto etc.

Child: Uranus Conjunct Jupiter within minutes in 2nd.

But they are very religious Muslims and are forbidden to gamble.
So that is how this configuration plays out for them, Jupiter Faith.
2nd house is ultimately what you value.

interesting..

The following is taken from the late Lois M. Rodden's book MONEY HOW TO FIND IT WITH ASTROLOGY. According to Lois, only those with the following aspects stand a good chance of winning. Those without these aspects shouldn't even bother playing because it will never happen. However you might still win smaller prizes that don't really change your life much.

"The following patterns are those which are observed to be most obvious and consistent:

1. The Moon in a trine or grand trine...

2. Natal Jupiter in at least one trine.

3. Natal Jupiter in aspect to Neptune....

4. Natal Mars in aspect to Jupiter or Neptune.

5. Natal or progressed Venus or Jupiter in aspect to Uranus...

6. Natal or progressed Venus or Jupiter retrograde.

7. Natal Pluto conjunct or opposite the ruler of the second house within four or five degrees...

8. A close natal sesquisquare between two planets..."

I have many of these markers and am lucky to win a set of Glasses.

[deleted overly-long quote against forum rules - Moderator]

i got of lot of these ain't hit the big one yet. i've made lot on gambling, non lotto, but lost a lot too.