How many kites are there...?

Aelwynne

Hi,
I seem to have multiple overlaid kites in my chart. I couldn't find much to online to explain what happens when the same pattern falls almost on top of itself repeatedly. Do I have 2 kites and 1 grand trine? or maybe 6 kites? The "tail" end of the kite(s) has Mercury, Venus and Saturn in Pisces. Chiron is crowded in there too. I'm pretty clueless where to start trying to figure out how all that combines. In addition there is a figure that looks a bit like a pair of skinny wings involving Jupiter, Mars, Neptune and the Sun. Would that pattern have any significance?

Attachments

• Ael chart.gif
    Ael chart.gif
    66.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

kimbermoon

food for thought: Hi. I also have such a pattern in my chart, along with a Grand Water Trine as well. The oppositions here obviously intersect these configurations, indicating problematic areas in your life. Hanging onto sanity: the conjunct of Pluto/Uranus opp Mercury. Consider that the axis involved is between the 2nd and 8th houses; traditionally personal resources vs shared resources. But there is another layer of influence involved here as well, from a more spiritual level: the 2nd is also about our values and our belief systems relating to security. Moon in Taurus has an inner yearning or need, for comfort, peace and beautiful surroundings: such possessions represent security to you and you are apt to have a greater need for physical/material security and stability. In turn, then we consider the conjunction of Pluto/Uranus in the 2nd [power struggles, control issues, unexpected upheavals and instability] as a result of external influences over which we often have little control. This combination relates to political and social upheavals, which in turn may adversely affect your personal sense of security and instability. How then do you maintain stability when confronted with such unpredictability and uncertainty in life? By polarity, the 8th also relates to resourcefulness through the psyche, which can only come through spiritual awareness. Your Pisces stellium makes you highly receptive and sensitive despite your Leo rising: Saturn in Pisces often carries a karmic fear of 'lack or going without', which in turn increases an obsessive need for possessions and money. In turn then this creates imbalance [opposition] which must be somehow reconciled. Is this of concern to you? The answers lie within that grand trine/kite configuration, which points the way to unblocking that internal build-up of energy; such energy needs to be appropriately channeled. Neptune square Sun is another aspect that can contribute to insecurity, confusion, uncertainty, fear, victimization and weakness in expressing your true sense of Self. This could also contribute to your feeling of 'hanging on to sanity with a slippery grip'...sometimes reality can get skewed under the influence of Neptune. Personally I believe that the Grand Trine in particular represents divine intervention or grace when most needed. One thing further, the theme involved in the polarity between Virgo and Pisces is about gaining balance between serving yourself and serving others.

IleneK

Premium Member
Hi,
I seem to have multiple overlaid kites in my chart. I couldn't find much to online to explain what happens when the same pattern falls almost on top of itself repeatedly. Do I have 2 kites and 1 grand trine? or maybe 6 kites? The "tail" end of the kite(s) has Mercury, Venus and Saturn in Pisces. Chiron is crowded in there too. I'm pretty clueless where to start trying to figure out how all that combines. In addition there is a figure that looks a bit like a pair of skinny wings involving Jupiter, Mars, Neptune and the Sun. Would that pattern have any significance?

The kite is a remarkable pattern as Kimbermoon points out. It is one kite with multiple planets at each end of its axis.
It is probably easiest to begin trying to figure it out one aspect at a time...then slowly weave it together over time.

Aelwynne

Thanks for looking over my chart. I am grateful for the time you spent to help me out with an explanation.
I used to think maybe I seemed hyper-sensitive for being Aquarius w/ Leo rising because I was an induced birth ...actually due to be Pisces. But, on the other hand I definitely didn't see myself as a good fit being Pisces either.
My astrology knowledge is pretty much surface basics. The interest in it has always been in me since I was a kid....I just have a hard time believing in anything...so its taken me almost 40 years to finally give it a chance. :)

kimbermoon

The intensity of your 2nd house challenge depicts your lack of faith and trust in otherworldly influences: in this earthly existence, the emphasis has always been placed on materialism and 'proving' oneself through material success. In the New Era unfolding, this will have to change towards a more humanitarian and co-operative mind-set. The polarity between Virgo and Pisces accents the need for balancing between the needs of the self, and the needs of others; to be of service to others in whatever ways we are able to, rather than just looking out for the self. The planet Uranus is currently giving your Moon [emotions and emotional reactivity] a big shake-up, and I believe this is paving the way for a new awakening for you in many new ways: be attentive to possible sudden revelations or new insights to present themselves. It would be wise to undergo a serious assessment about your own beliefs and values; your psyche is whispering in your ear, to turn your thoughts and activities to more lofty aspirations and intentions. You are being asked to shore up your spirit with something to believe in. :happy:

Aelwynne

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

I've spent a good part of the afternoon reading and taking notes on aspects. Its fairly daunting how much there is to learn but I've had an interest and curiosity about astrology for a very long time.... I always attributed my refusal to believe or learn about it to my "logical" Aquarian Sun. (-which is ironic since that implies a belief in itself :happy:)

kimbermoon

Your Sun is perhaps not as logical as you think; it has much to do with mental work, however socialization is another important concept also attributed to Aquarius, and this is an area that appears to be lacking with you. You will go far by learning about how the emotions work, and why they are so important to our externalized circumstances. This can well be a factor with your Cancer Jupiter in affliction with the Sun. Perhaps you are to quick to repress your emotions, rather than allowing them to flow through you. All that water energy needs to be channeled appropriately in order for the Grand Trine to reveal it's secrets. You have a lot of intuition to be used as well, which favors the study of astrology as well. I wish you all the best in your studies. I can offer you some personal tips on getting to the heart of reading the chart, if you wish. Sometimes book learning can be somewhat backwards in the traditional way of learning the art; of course you still need the basics, but personally I have found many shortcuts that can reduce the amount of time involved. :smile:

Aelwynne

Your Sun is perhaps not as logical as you think; it has much to do with mental work, however socialization is another important concept also attributed to Aquarius, and this is an area that appears to be lacking with you. You will go far by learning about how the emotions work, and why they are so important to our externalized circumstances. This can well be a factor with your Cancer Jupiter in affliction with the Sun. Perhaps you are to quick to repress your emotions, rather than allowing them to flow through you. All that water energy needs to be channeled appropriately in order for the Grand Trine to reveal it's secrets. You have a lot of intuition to be used as well, which favors the study of astrology as well. I wish you all the best in your studies. I can offer you some personal tips on getting to the heart of reading the chart, if you wish. Sometimes book learning can be somewhat backwards in the traditional way of learning the art; of course you still need the basics, but personally I have found many shortcuts that can reduce the amount of time involved. :smile:

Hi Kimbermoon!
Thanks again for your time and knowledge. I would love to have some tips to get me started. I've realized over the last few days that what I know so far is probably equivalent to a child knowing some of the alphabet and maybe how to count to ten! lol AND to become proficient at reading astrology is going to require an effort that's likely equivalent to earning a masters degree. So obviously I would love the help.....Just please let me know I begin to make you feel imposed upon. (the lack of social skill you spoke of above is right on target and I don't want to overdo it)