Please make sense of my Chiron

MiaMiaMia

Hi guys!

I´ve tried to study asteroids for career/vocation astrology and while Pallas or Juno make sense to me, I can´t relate to Chiron at all. This is stressful because it´s apparently a link between vocation and karma:pinched:

My placement of CHIRON : 3rd house Virgo.

I´ll leave the rest of my chart in the attachment, and welcome any speculation on the meaning of Chiron, expecially career related issues.

Thanks in advance:w00t:

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_anonymous.5356.20661.gif
    astro_2gw_01_anonymous.5356.20661.gif
    47.3 KB · Views: 23

astrobunny

Hi guys!

I´ve tried to study asteroids for career/vocation astrology and while Pallas or Juno make sense to me, I can´t relate to Chiron at all. This is stressful because it´s apparently a link between vocation and karma:pinched:

My placement of CHIRON : 3rd house Virgo.

I´ll leave the rest of my chart in the attachment, and welcome any speculation on the meaning of Chiron, expecially career related issues.

Thanks in advance:w00t:
Do you have any problems speaking your mind or have struggled with communication in the past? My first thought is that your Chiron deals with a communication wound, not a work wound. Third house is a house of communication.

waybread

Chiron is a little planetoid that shows us "where it hurts." It deals with physical or emotional hurts that do not heal, or that heal only over time and with difficulty. But if you stick with Chiron's misery, it indicates the area of life where you can gain in wisdom and compassion for other people.

The third house is about communication, short-distance travel, neighbours, and siblings. I have a third house Chiron, and had two siblings (now one) who never gave me the warm, fuzzy sibling unconditional love I thought I deserved. Sometimes I found their behaviour hurtful and inexcusable. (No doubt, they had similar thoughts about me.) But I tried never to cut off communication with them. I'm glad I didn't, as I was able to develop a much closer relationship with my brother prior to the end of his life.

You might have sibling issues, or it might be some other third house matter.

Virgo is all about self-improvement; and it is equally happy to work on improving other people, whether they have asked for it or not. If this sounds like you, your feelings may get hurt if people do not tell you that they appreciate your program for making them better.

Have you grown up in Germany? I have some German heritage-- complete with that sense of a strict "Prussian general" upbringing, where there was always better to get to, no matter how well the child performed. I have visited Germany several times, and really enjoyed it. But I couldn't help but notice how Germans were much more comfortable having me try to communicate in my wretched tourist-German than to speak English with me, even when they were fluent. I sometimes wondered if they feared making a grammatical mistake!

If this sounds at all like you, maybe Chiron's biggest lesson will be for you to feel more relaxed and compassionate about yourself. You cannot be perfect. But you can enjoy life and learn to forgive yourself for any and all of life's infractions you may have committed. Then you can forgive those 3rd house types of people who disappointed you.

MiaMiaMia

Do you have any problems speaking your mind or have struggled with communication in the past? My first thought is that your Chiron deals with a communication wound, not a work wound. Third house is a house of communication.

Actually, that´s so accurate, but only when I become stressed. My Mercury is solid, and I learned to speak very clearly very young, love to talk, learn languages, don´t get embarrassed by my accent... until I get self conscious about something, get nervous or am under stress, then my voice changes completely, sometimes so silent that it´s almost gone!:bandit:

I also can´t lie convincingly to someone´s face, my singing is horrible too, have an accent in every language I speak, no matter how long... but it doesn´t stop me from going on with all of those things :tongue: But all in all speaking is vital for me.

Maybe deeper communication and asking for what I need is the problem area, but that´s more emotional, so perhaps my shy moon in Capricorn?:unsure:

MiaMiaMia

Chiron is a little planetoid that shows us "where it hurts." It deals with physical or emotional hurts that do not heal, or that heal only over time and with difficulty. But if you stick with Chiron's misery, it indicates the area of life where you can gain in wisdom and compassion for other people.

The third house is about communication, short-distance travel, neighbours, and siblings. I have a third house Chiron, and had two siblings (now one) who never gave me the warm, fuzzy sibling unconditional love I thought I deserved. Sometimes I found their behaviour hurtful and inexcusable. (No doubt, they had similar thoughts about me.) But I tried never to cut off communication with them. I'm glad I didn't, as I was able to develop a much closer relationship with my brother prior to the end of his life.

You might have sibling issues, or it might be some other third house matter.

Virgo is all about self-improvement; and it is equally happy to work on improving other people, whether they have asked for it or not. If this sounds like you, your feelings may get hurt if people do not tell you that they appreciate your program for making them better.

Have you grown up in Germany? I have some German heritage-- complete with that sense of a strict "Prussian general" upbringing, where there was always better to get to, no matter how well the child performed. I have visited Germany several times, and really enjoyed it. But I couldn't help but notice how Germans were much more comfortable having me try to communicate in my wretched tourist-German than to speak English with me, even when they were fluent. I sometimes wondered if they feared making a grammatical mistake!

If this sounds at all like you, maybe Chiron's biggest lesson will be for you to feel more relaxed and compassionate about yourself. You cannot be perfect. But you can enjoy life and learn to forgive yourself for any and all of life's infractions you may have committed. Then you can forgive those 3rd house types of people who disappointed you.

Your reply is so insightful, again!:biggrin: Thanks so much!

I have two siblings and our relationship is very similar to what you described, except we are close nonetheless, but it´s at a cost. There is some verbal wounding in my case, from fights to shutting out, maybe that tied back to Chiron. Sometimes it´s hard, but I absolutely agree with you, and plan on sticking through it.
I have a troubling/distant/antagonistic relationship with al of my cousins, could this stem from the same placement? And does it mean it will ever improve?

I am very sorry to hear about your brother, it must be the hardest thing to go through that loss, I can´t imagine what you went through.

As to Virgo, it´s perfectionism directed at everyone and everything including myself. I always seem to find a flaw, and it irritates me so much that I try not to let others see that vice, I find it utterly useless and work on getting over it.

Another connection! I was born in Germany, and am probably largely desensitized to their perfectionism, because I find them sometimes chaotic:tongue: (all in PERSPECTIVE of course, but Poles seem more quiet in public and at parties, French less liberal socially, Turks more graceful, etc, etc... and Americans... more germophobic???):whistling:
The german attitude tends more towards uniformity than some distant ideal, but it´s perfectionistic in a way.

I think they are embarrassed by their accent (which is silly to me, because I have more accents than language skills, but they practice very hard to sound more US or British, and they like to make fun of the german accent,which is really cute:cool: they also get embarrassed when their politicians butcher English in public) and know you´ll be able to tell easily.

Forgiving myself the gentle way -as in without punishing myself prior to that- was my biggest lesson in the last years. It was really illuminating when I realized how hard we go on ourselves, mostly words i´d never say to anyone else!:pouty: I´ll make sure to think about that some more, it´s a beautiful and useful thing.

What is your Chrion sign by the way?

waybread

It's in Sagittarius. I am a sun Aquarian, moon in Leo, Virgo rising.

My adult daughter is a sun-Virgo, and I know what it is like to be on the receiving end of her agenda for my personal improvement.

MiaMiaMia

It's in Sagittarius. I am a sun Aquarian, moon in Leo, Virgo rising.

My adult daughter is a sun-Virgo, and I know what it is like to be on the receiving end of her agenda for my personal improvement.

We have the same sun sign, interesting:cool: I love Leo anything by the way. Isn`t Leo moon also fantastic for performing arts?

Does it bother you despite your own Virgo traits? Also, what does positive Virgo energy look like to you (coming from your daughter or yourself)?

waybread

Virgo is the mutable earth sign, so it has the ability to be practical and adaptable. It is an earth sign, and I have found my two sun-Virgo children to have a surprisingly earthy sense of humour. Virgo genuinely derives satisfaction from helping and serving people. When it can do that without trying to make people over according to Virgo's own ideas of what they should be doing, it really can be a blessing to others.

MiaMiaMia

Virgo is the mutable earth sign, so it has the ability to be practical and adaptable. It is an earth sign, and I have found my two sun-Virgo children to have a surprisingly earthy sense of humour. Virgo genuinely derives satisfaction from helping and serving people. When it can do that without trying to make people over according to Virgo's own ideas of what they should be doing, it really can be a blessing to others.

That´s interesting, since I didn´t consider Virgo all that flexible before. I´ll look into that.
The serving quality resonates with my 6th house focus (Stellium, Moon, and proximity of Sun), so I think it´ll be a good outlet for the energy I spend on perfectionism.
Thanks again, your posts are always enlightning!:biggrin: