Interpretation of degrees?

TamaraL

Hey I wanted to ask if anyone can interpret the 9 degree of Pisces?

In various websites it is listed as unlucky: "9 degrees of Pisces is one of the worst degrees in the Zodiac"
http://astrologystudy.blogspot.gr/2011/01/degrees-and-fixed-stars-of-zodiac.html

or in: http://www.astrotheme.com/the_360_symbolic_degrees.php

"9 Pisces- A horse jumps over the fence of its pen."
Fiery, discerning, and independent character. Success and fame can be achieved in all careers requiring personal initiatives. Religion, law, and literature are very favored. Throughout life, many hurdles are overcome, many prejudices are fought, and many injustices are abolished.

Any ideas would help.Thank you

The_Saturnian

"9 Pisces- A horse jumps over the fence of its pen."
Fiery, discerning, and independent character. Success and fame can be achieved in all careers requiring personal initiatives. Religion, law, and literature are very favored. Throughout life, many hurdles are overcome, many prejudices are fought, and many injustices are abolished.

In what way do you consider this Sabian Symbol interpretation to be an unfavourable one?

Cap

According to Monomoira 9th degree of Pisces is ruled by Mars.

You can find 10+ various interpretations of degrees here:

[Deleted invalid link. - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

JUPITERASC

Oh I don't!I am sorry that wasn't clear in my question, I meant the 2 interpretations I found online were contradicting one another...
Astrologers frequently have different opinions
so it's best to learn, experiment,
discuss with other astrologers all the different opinions

before making up your own mind :smile:

The_Saturnian

LOL I see. Not a problem. :)

Personally I don't think that the symbols necessarily have something out rightly bad/evil attached to them. Allow me to make use of one from the top link you attached in your OP which is in reference to my natal chart. I have 21 degrees Scorpio Saturn in 6th house.

"21 degrees of Scorpio is a definite loss natally and in prediction, but the loss is not necessarily negative."

Though I lost a lot of things in my life, friends, family (who stabbed my immediate family in back for money my dad earnt), a loved one who wanted to be my wife (her mum things in head and made her turn against me), my life in London which has now forced me to live my life against my will in a village in rural India. etc. See the latter the half of the symbol interpretation, suggests that it doesn't necessarily mean you've lost everything. You lose something, to gain something new in return. :) I'm working towards just that.

The one that claims "9 degrees in Pisces is the worst sign in the zodiac?" is merely a blog i.e. someone's opinion. The most obvious and pertinent question is why? They have given no answer, so in conclusion I wouldn't go by this.

Furthermore, I have the dogmatic belief that the planets are all in a certain place in the chart direct or retrograde based on our own past life karma. If we have done more good it's more fortunate and balanced, and if we've done bad we pay! Simple! As soon as you learn to come to terms with unacceptable life becomes a lot more easy, bad symbol or brilliant.

Hope this helps. :)

TamaraL

LOL I see. Not a problem. :)

Personally I don't think that the symbols necessarily have something out rightly bad/evil attached to them. Allow me to make use of one from the top link you attached in your OP which is in reference to my natal chart. I have 21 degrees Scorpio Saturn in 6th house.

"21 degrees of Scorpio is a definite loss natally and in prediction, but the loss is not necessarily negative."

Though I lost a lot of things in my life, friends, family (who stabbed my immediate family in back for money my dad earnt), a loved one who wanted to be my wife (her mum things in head and made her turn against me), my life in London which has now forced me to live my life against my will in a village in rural India. etc. See the latter the half of the symbol interpretation, suggests that it doesn't necessarily mean you've lost everything. You lose something, to gain something new in return. :) I'm working towards just that.

The one that claims "9 degrees in Pisces is the worst sign in the zodiac?" is merely a blog i.e. someone's opinion. The most obvious and pertinent question is why? They have given no answer, so in conclusion I wouldn't go by this.

Furthermore, I have the dogmatic belief that the planets are all in a certain place in the chart direct or retrograde based on our own past life karma. If we have done more good it's more fortunate and balanced, and if we've done bad we pay! Simple! As soon as you learn to come to terms with unacceptable life becomes a lot more easy, bad symbol or brilliant.

Hope this helps. :)
This is a WISE answer for a rather dull question. I am sure every obstacle reveals our character and strength!You seem very mature, and that in the real world can bring only good Karma.. (Sometimes I ask questions in an impulsive way but my mind is more philosophical than that..)

The_Saturnian

Sometimes I ask questions in an impulsive way but my mind is more philosophical than that

Don't worry, I fall in that category myself from time to time. :lol: I've just been threatened by a neighbour from across the road as he and his missus got in an argument (nearly materialising into a fight with my dad and I), and I'm still dealing with it.

Just by having Sabian Symbols which may not sound so good, you shouldn't fear what lies ahead. Instead rejoice in it and all will be well.

God bless. (Assuming you're not atheist, if you are you have my blessings).

poyi

Premium Member
I think critical degrees and degrees conjuncted with fixed stars will give more consistent interpretations. Also 3 decans of each zodiac sign will give reliable interpretation.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decans

There are also people suggesting the original of Arabic numbers is based on the number of Angles.

The_Saturnian

Midpoints too. I believe if the degrees in question conjuncts a midpoint within a degree or so, it's effect can also be emphasized in an interpretation.

poyi

Premium Member
Midpoint has to be the most reliable predictions I got so fair for about 2 years of solar return and lunar return readings. Never fails me!

dr. farr

Midpoints can be important: Ebertin's "Combination of Stellar Influences" and Witte's "Rules for Planetary Pictures" go heavily into midpoints and their delineation,,,

piercethevale

According to Dane Rudhyar's book on the Sabian Symbols, "An Astrological Mandala":

PISCES 9°: A JOCKEY SPURS HIS HORSE, INTENT ON OUT-DISTANCING HIS RIVALS.

KEYNOTE: Intense mobilization of energy and skill in the drive for success in any social performance affected by the competitive spirit.

Since the end of the archaic ages and the stressing of individualism, especially in our American society which worships the material images of 'success,' the desire to win any kind of 'race' engenders an often-feverish release of energy controlled by technical skill and long practice. Wherever this symbol is found, it indicates the need to spur one's total being toward speedy attainment of whatever goal it may be.

This is the fourth symbol in the sixty-eighth series; its technical significance is quite evident. Every superfluous 'weight,' every unnecessary consideration is to be dismissed in the one-pointed attempt to reach one's social goal. SELF-QUICKENING may be the Keyword."

This is for that area of the 'Tropical Zodiac' that is from 08* 00' 01" to 09* 00' 00" Pisces.

There is no Zodiacal degree or Sign nor any Planet, either Luminary, Node of the Moon or any Planets' Node that is inherently malefic.

Any degree found in an Astrological Part, or Lot, that is debilitating can be considered to be somewhat malefic, though. This depends on which Part and if anything is conjunct it at birth or by transit during the individuals lifetime.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

The fall of Mercury degree is 13' Pisces which is my natal Mercury placement in the very degree. Mercury's fall is Pisces and either the 13' Pisces represents a man in armor or a fashionable woman. It is the genderfluid planet (rules twins Gemini and maiden Virgo) and these sabian symbols associated with 13' Pisces.

12-13 degree Pisces
An Ancient Sword, Used In Many Battles, Is Displayed In A Museum

13-14 degree Pisces
A Lady Wrapped In A Large Stole Of Fox Fur

Osamenor

Staff member
According to Monomoira 9th degree of Pisces is ruled by Mars.

You can find 10+ various interpretations of degrees here:

http://www.auxmaillesgodefroy.com/zodiac_by_degree

That link isn't valid. It just goes to a "buy email services" page. For that reason, I've deleted it. If you can find the correct, valid link, you may repost it.

Edited to add: I see this is an old post. Possibly, the link was valid when it was posted but the webpage has since been taken down.

Last edited:

piercethevale

Ahhh, I just this morning got around to checking this post out more thoroughly.
The link provided by TamaraL is to Astrotheme which was relatively recently acquired by astrodienst, that is to say I believe it was sometime during this decade. Astrodienst has been persistently in effort to discredit any of the discoveries I have made in the last twenty years...most especially the natal chart I produced that I am convinced of, a number of people are convinced of that include not only astrologers but people from other professions that study such matters, of the man known to many as Jesus/Yeshu'a of Nazareth.

I've posted numerous times about their changing of the emphemeris program, and repeatedly over a span of some years, then denying that they did so, then announcing they were using a new and improved computer program... yet the original is the same one obtained from JPL by NASA and was used to put a satellite right up close to Pluto only recently. If NASA had used the program of which astrodienst had monkeyed with I doubt very much if it would have come anywhere near as close to the planet as they did.
I find it to be all the more interesting that astrodienst took advantage of a plus or minus 2 minutes of a degree leeway allowed for Pluto by the JPL programer and that they took the full advantage of as such, and yet it only effects the immediate years surrounding the date of birth for Jesus/Yeshua of Nazareth and shouldn't that be all too obvious as to what they're up to?

Pluto's position at the time of birth for the aforementioned, and the understanding of what that means results in what is very upsetting to a powerful religious institution located in the city of Rome, Italy. Consider for a moment, if you will, that astrodienst is a Swiss owned website, then having been so informed you might recall who it is that has been providing a number of personal guards for the head of that religious institution for the last five or six hundred years.. if unable to recall, I will then remind you that it is the nation of Switzerland

I should have checked this link out back in 2013 when TamarL first posted this thread as I had been unaware that astrotheme/astrodienst had pulled this little stunt of theirs... although I was aware of Robert Hand championing this obscure set of degree symbols and his announcing it on the astrodienst website... ...in fact, rather than having to sit here at this keyboard any longer than I have to I'm just going to copy and paste here what the introduction says at the link provided by TamaraL and let everyone see for themselves what astrotheme/astrodienst has stated and I think that it'll be more easily seen as to what the intent behind that websites actions were as for keeping it more in context.

....copied and pasted as follows...
"In the early thirties, Janduz* published Les 360 degrés du Zodiaque, an illustrated book based on the interpretation of the Volasfera by Antonio Borelli, but she restructured it and changed the sequence of several degrees. She also took into account the influence of the fixed stars and the Cabbala.

She did a very comprehensive and interesting work, and Astrotheme is proud to be the first website to offer it to the astrology world. We have fully reviewed the original texts and entirely rewritten them so they better fit the realities of the 21st century. In a few cases, we have kept the traditional terminology, which so exquisitely renders the quaint charm of those times."
[Unquote]

Then astrotheme/astrodienst continues on and follows up with a disclaimer...which is a real duesy...

....copied and pasted as follows....
"She did a very comprehensive and interesting work, and Astrotheme is proud to be the first website to offer it to the astrology world. We have fully reviewed the original texts and entirely rewritten them so they better fit the realities of the 21st century. In a few cases, we have kept the traditional terminology, which so exquisitely renders the quaint charm of those times.

If you're interested in the history of the symbolic degrees, please refer to our dedicated article.

Important disclaimer: symbolic degrees belong to a branch of fatalistic astrology. Their interpretation must be regarded with the utmost caution, especially given the fact that different authors give different meanings to symbolic degrees. This is of course the reason why they are not included in our Astrotheme reports. However, they might interest those who are fond of this very ancient and fatalistic form of astrology."[Unquote]

So it may seem that TamaraL missed that disclaimer or failed to comprehend what it means.

But that when one refers to their "dedicated article, they include the Sabian Symbols as original produced by Marc Edmond Jones and thus are labeling them and all other sets from where ever it is that they came from, as belonging to that very same branch of "FATALISTIC ASTROLOGY"

What a load of horse patootie and a rather despicable, in fact very much despicable, attempt at subterfuge on the part of ashotheme/astrodienst to try to pull at the time and continuously since then. I can only say QUID NUNC...!!?? ... at this moment... oh, I could say plenty more but it would surely get me banned from this forum.

And I'm not going to make accusations here but I find it rather very interesting that there were many members of the forum that rarely, if even ever have, ventured here into the degrees symbols sub-forum that seemingly did suddenly decide to do so and make comments and not only that, but also offer other sets of interpretations and etc. to a thread with a rather so 'sans particularité' given title that it shouldn't have drawn the attention that it did to such stalwart astrologers of the "Traditional Astrology Only" school of belief.

Well, I must have been doing something right to cause such desperate acts as to what astrotheme/ashodienst has pulled in attempt to belittle and discredit both Marc Emond Jones and the Sabian Symbols, and that I didn't even see a mention of Dane Rudhyar's name... tsk tsk tsk

..and I guess I should have read some more to begin with...as something, perhaps an "inner voice", told me to do so a moment ago... and I find that they've also made this comment

...copied and pasted as follows...
"be extremely cautious about the degrees of the charts' angles (AS, MC, DS, FC). Indeed, their accurateness may not be reliable, since a four minute gap in the time of birth moves the angles by one degree. On the other hand, if the time of birth is very accurate, the meaning of the four angles may be very interesting. Out of curiosity, "
[Unquote]

Anyone that is familiar with what I've been mostly posting about here at this forum for the last, more than, ten years now knows the importance of the chart axis [chart angles] as to concerning the Sabian Symbol found for their respective degrees of the Zodiac. In fact, after the many years I have now been interpreting natal charts and including the use of the Sabian Symbols in that endeavor, I can say with the utmost confidence that the chart axis is of far greater significance to the interpretation of a natal horoscope than she symbols found for the degrees of the Planets, The Astrological Parts are even more significant as they accurately define beneficial qualities and also debilities that a person has been born with for dozens, if not even hundreds, of subjects pertaining to activities, endeavors, and what anyone may encounter during the span of their entire life. To such a degree that they can easily be taken to be a forewarning as to a certain few of the Astrological Parts, most particularly the Part of Catastrophe...and perhaps many of you may remember the old adage, "Forewarned is forearmed"?

I have business to attend to this morn so I have to sum this up...but one last "copy and paste here before I go... this one really gets me...

...copied and pasted as follows...
"To understand the meaning of the symbolic degrees in any given chart, please read the description first. Then try to infer the main energies from the text and identify repeated or converging trends. Symbolic degrees must never be taken literally. We insist that attention should be paid to repeated words, and that synonyms or similar meanings, and even similar sounds ought to be put together. Do the sum of the analogies found and, if the total is significant, you can draw the conclusion that its influence is active."
[Unquote]

What a load of ... yeah, that stuff.

Again anyone that has read my thread "The Birth Chart of Jesus" or my book certainly knows by now that the Sabian Symbols can most certainly be taken literally for many people, maybe not all and maybe a relative few, but if you are someone unaware of your destiny to be, what Dane Rudhyar called, "A World Server", the Sabian Symbols will likely be...as I have found, in the Jesus/Yeshua natal chart, the chart for the USA's nativity [the "Zero Hour" chart, 12:00:01 A.M. July 4, 1776 Philadelphia, Penn.] my own natal chart, and the North Node in transit the night I was invited to speak for a full hour on the Rick Barber radio program back in 2005 on December 22nd, about my producing a chart that I and the people that promoted me to Mr. Barber believed and still believe to be a genuine chart for Yeshu'a/Jesus and I spoke about the importance of knowing the existence of the Sabian Symbols, as so many people had never even heard of them and nothing about them.

They chose the date and time [2:00 A.M. PST], offered me the opportunity in October of that year and to which I agreed to appear on the late Mr. Barber's program on am radio station KOA out of Denver, Colorado which is a 50,000 watt station and being up high in the Rocky Mts. is heard over most all of the lower 48 States, especially in the wee hours of night...as that's just a peculiarity of the science.

I discovered after I had accepted the invitation when I wanted to see how the transiting influences would be during the program, I found that the North Node, which Dane did write was, as to a daily horoscope, was to be taken as a generality for the masses but is one of particularity to those that are "World Servers" and of course, he meant as to the Sabian Symbology found in association with the degree the North Node is in at any given time.
the North Node was at 09* Aries 42' 03" when I went on the air and that is the 10th degree of Aries.
From Dane Rudhyar's book on the Sabian Symbols "AN ASTROLOGICAL MANDALA. The Cycle Of Transformation and It's 360 Symbolic Phases"

"ARIES 10°: A TEACHER GIVES NEW SYMBOLIC FORMS TO TRADITIONAL IMAGES.

KEYNOTE:
Revision of attitude at the beginning of a new cycle of experience.

This phase is the fifth of the second five-fold sequence, and in it we find expressed the capacity to restate the problem inherent in the first phase, i.e. the problem of focusing one's energies upon emotional drives and cultural values which exclude far more than they include. The subsequent stages of development taken together have added considerably to this attitude; as a result, there arises in the consciousness a desire to reformulate at a new level much that had been taken for granted because it indeed originally had been an evolutionary necessity. The very concrete emotion-arousing images of the past can now be reinterpreted as 'symbols' with a wider scope of meaning.

At this fifth stage a new dimension of consciousness is discovered, revealing higher possibilities of experience and mental development. This is a phase of
ABSTRACTION and of emotional allegiance.

...and not to be taken literally, huh? ... if the above isn't enough to convince people to, at least, look further into the matter and read some of the many, many, posts in which I have demonstrated quite the opposite, then perhaps the Sabian Symbol for the Part of Fortune derived from that natal chart for Yeshu'a/Jesus I'm so convinced of to be authentic might do the trick it takes?
and that Part of Fortune so derived [from the original data before astrodienst made a half dozen changes to the original data, but they claim to have only done so once... yet they were unable to alter it enough and still get away with it as to disrupt what degree of the Zodiac that Part of Fortune is to be found within...i.e. that is at 18* Pisces 16' 08", that is the 19th degree of Pisces. [ibid.]

"PISCES 19°: A MASTER INSTRUCTING HIS DISCIPLE.
KEYNOTE:
The transfer of power and knowledge which keeps the original spiritual and creative Impulse of the cycle active and undeviated.

"

...and as Robert Hand, who I found out is personally endorsing these obscure and ineffectual set of degree symbols that astrotheme is so proud about ...
WARNING​
BUT DON'T FORGET THAT DISCLAIMER
by Frenchwoman Janduz* published Les 360 degrés du Zodiaque, an illustrated book based on the interpretation of the Volasfera by Antonio Borelli, ...although now that I give it more thought...and way more than I would like to considering this is all just a nuisance... and in my opinion it was intended to be... Mr. HAND, might be promoting some other frenchman or womans symbols, I don't even care or even care to spend the time it would take to check... and one last point, I only just noticed that astrotheme/astrodienst is claiming that the sets of symbol created by Charubel and Maurice Wemyss to also be known as Sabian Symbols, ...well they're not. Dane gave a bit of credibility to Charubel but also said that they are of such complex and at times seemingly inappropriate imagery that He never could work with them...and Dane was the master of interpreting symbolism in the 20th century. If Charuble or Maurice actually claimed to have possessed the Sabian Symbols they certainly aren't the same ones they have publically attributed to them.

Last edited:

piercethevale

That link isn't valid. It just goes to a "buy email services" page. For that reason, I've deleted it. If you can find the correct, valid link, you may repost it.

Edited to add: I see this is an old post. Possibly, the link was valid when it was posted but the webpage has since been taken down.

Yes, I thought it to be a more recent post initially and was surprised to find that it is as old a thread as it is.
CapAquaPis, for some reason, chose to revive it rather than initiate a new thread.:surprised:

I do very much appreciate your taking the time to investigate the matter, though, regardless.
Thank you ptv