Parallel Aspects

dr. farr

Should I really take them seriously ? for example what could mean my Sun Pluto Contra Parallel should I read the Opp

As I have posted in other threads, I do not account for/delineate the contra-parallels, primarily because I have a question if they really are in fact like oppositions (some older authorities considered Parallel the same as conjunction REGARDLESS of which side of the ecliptic they were on, so this made me hesitate to look at contra-parallels as = to oppositions)

However, that the single MOST important aspect-related indication in any chart is the close Parallel of declination, yes I certainly consider that these need to be taken very seriously, as being similar to-but more "powerful" than-conjunctions in longitude.

dr. farr

Modernist authorities give only 1 degree orb; older authorities (Carter, Hall, and various oldtime traditional and also Vedic authors) give up to 1.5 degree orb (which is the orb limit I follow) 2 degrees, as orb, might be a bit of a stretch...

Kannon

My extensive interaction with clients in rectification and chart validation work has led me to allow 1.5 degrees or so for even the outer planets (like Saturn and Neptune) in declination aspects (P & CP). This leads me to believe that an even wider orb for luminaries is appropriate. The Magi Society teaches 2.5 degrees orb for all planets, but that is too wide for outers in my experience.

Alice McDermott

If you look at the planets in the sky when they are in parallel of declination you will see that a two degree orb is huge!

I have always used a one degree maximum orb based on these visuals.

Alice