What are you learning from COVID?

Opal

Premium Member
Depends on whether or not you're one of those unfortunate few who die from the vaccine itself. There were a lot of problems, including chronic illnesses, as a direct result of required vaccines for military service in the Middle East.

Wonderful. Just wonderful, 7 come 11 = 19

Opal

Premium Member
Opal is joking I think - she already has autoimmune issues.

Yes, I am joking, I am always freaked when anyone wants to do anything to me. I try to avoid anything that might give me a reaction. But what I said is true, they used to inject us all. It just was. For those in the military you had to be.

Thus far, I am not allergic to medication. Vaccines are different though. They inject you with what you are trying to build an immunity to, with allergies. You have to wait in the doctors office for 20 minutes after a shot to make sure you don’t go anaphylactic.

Opal

Premium Member
Depends on whether or not you're one of those unfortunate few who die from the vaccine itself. There were a lot of problems, including chronic illnesses, as a direct result of required vaccines for military service in the Middle East.

Agreed. (Heavy sigh inserted here)

david starling

Wonderful. Just wonderful, 7 come 11 = 19

Luck of the roll. Personally, I won't voluntarily push my luck with a vaccine. I'd rather trust and support my immune system as it is.

In dice, 7 come 11 means one or the other, both equally good.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
Luck of the roll. Personally, I won't voluntarily push my luck with a vaccine. I'd rather trust and support my immune system.

In dice, 7 come 11 means one or the other, both good.

With my lack of immune system, I will also trust in the Cosmos. If it is my time it is my time. I don’t trust that I would not be one of the lucky few that got ill or died because of receiving it he said vaccine, that may be available in the future, unknown. I have lived through many flus before.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
If coronavirus vaccines were even kind of safe they would be available already. The idea of an untested vaccine being widely distributed and with manufacturer indemnity... **** that ****!

What, astrologically, lends to trust in the government, doctors, and officials. I don’t have a clue on this.😶

david starling

What, astrologically, lends to trust in the government, doctors, and officials. I don’t have a clue on this.��

Well, it's a Saturnian-oriented social structure to begin with, so it should have something to do with how Saturn is placed and aspected. I myself respect Saturn, but don't trust it.

Opal

Premium Member
Yes, they are all authoritative hierarchical structures where you have to just trust the system. The emperors never have any clothes. That has always confused me too - how people can trust broken things just because they accurately reflect power dynamics.

I have Saturn in Capricorn. What happened?

leomoon

With my lack of immune system, I will also trust in the Cosmos. If it is my time it is my time. I don’t trust that I would not be one of the lucky few that got ill or died because of receiving it he said vaccine, that may be available in the future, unknown. I have lived through many flus before.

Before I went to Egypt for the very first time in 2004, I read Jehan Sadat's memoirs, "Woman of Egypt". She was President Anwar Sadat's wife. Remember he was murdered (assassinated) in the reviewing stands, sitting next to the one who became the President of Egypt for 30 years, Mubarak then his VP.

It was a wonderful look at Egypt, from the time she was a young girl, to marrying a famous War General.

President Sadat told her to stop worrying about his safety because of the unrest in the country at that time. He insisted that "when its his time, nothing can stop that"...Insh'allah - (God willing) which is a popular saying in Egypt.

He believed in fate in other words, and so do I. We don't go before our time here is up. At least I don't think so.

As a visitor to Egypt many times since 2004, it is a typical greeting and goodbye, to remind ourselves...always: ʾIn shāʾ Allāh (Arabic: إِنْ شَاءَ ٱللّٰهُ‎, is the Arabic language expression for "God willing" or "if God wills". Even when we see, "see you next year" or "tomorrow"

Inshallah

. It expresses the belief that nothing happens unless God wills it and that his will supersedes all human will.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehan_Sadat

note:
I don't think Egypt has been as hard hit as many other countries although they do have corona Virus outbreaks too. I believe it started with the tourists. But now tourism, their life's bread for many is now come to a grinding halt for the time being. Its probably been about 10 years now, I recall China being a huge part of their tourist trade which has only grown since. They also visited Israel.

One thing we noticed is that they ALWAYS wore face masks, carried umbrellas for the sun - and often large hats although the ladies and girls probably buy the hats there in Egypt. But ALWAYS masks which we use to think rather strange years ago. Perhaps it was their fear of strangers or pollution? I know their own country is heavily polluted or use to be. :bandit::bandit: Sadly, I have to say that my favorite time of perhaps 8 trips there was right after the January 2011 Revolution, when tourists steered clear of Egypt, we went to congratulate the young people, (we are quite progressive I suppose and they were too)

It was such a lovely time in so many ways, one of them the lack of crowds. I particularly loved going to the Sphinx for the first time I can recall having the entire area to just our tour alone. No longer being pushed, shoved and trampled on by flocks of Asian tourists. It was heavenly then! Thats when we took our best photos unencumbered.

The seven-day official visit to three Chinese cities was the first time a U.S. president had visited the PRC; Nixon's arrival in Beijing ended 25 years of no communication or diplomatic ties between the two countries and was the key step in normalizing relations between the U.S. and China. Nixon visited China to gain more leverage over relations with the Soviet Union.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Nixon's_1972_visit_to_China

Last edited:

david starling

"Because 'that's just how it's done'" and conversely, "Because 'that's just not how it's done'" have never impressed me as being reasonable explanations.

Opal

Premium Member
Before I went to Egypt for the very first time in 2004, I read Jehan Sadat's memoirs, "Woman of Egypt". She was President Anwar Sadat's wife. Remember he was murdered (assassinated) in the reviewing stands, sitting next to the one who became the President of Egypt for 30 years, Mubarak then his VP.

It was a wonderful look at Egypt, from the time she was a young girl, to marrying a famous War General.

President Sadat told her to stop worrying about his safety because of the unrest in the country at that time. He insisted that "when its his time, nothing can stop that"...Insh'allah - (God willing) which is a popular saying in Egypt.

He believed in fate in other words, and so do I. We don't go before our time here is up. At least I don't think so.

As a visitor to Egypt many times since 2004, it is a typical greeting and goodbye, to remind ourselves...always: ʾIn shāʾ Allāh (Arabic: إِنْ شَاءَ ٱللّٰهُ‎, is the Arabic language expression for "God willing" or "if God wills". Even when we see, "see you next year" or "tomorrow"

Inshallah

. It expresses the belief that nothing happens unless God wills it and that his will supersedes all human will.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehan_Sadat

note:
I don't think Egypt has been as hard hit as many other countries although they do have corona Virus outbreaks too. I believe it started with the tourists. But now tourism, their life's bread for many is now come to a grinding halt for the time being. Its probably been about 10 years now, I recall China being a huge part of their tourist trade which has only grown since. They also visited Israel.

One thing we noticed is that they ALWAYS wore face masks, carried umbrellas for the sun - and often large hats although the ladies and girls probably buy the hats there in Egypt. But ALWAYS masks which we use to think rather strange years ago. Perhaps it was their fear of strangers or pollution? I know their own country is heavily polluted or use to be. :bandit::bandit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixon_goes_to_China

Hmmmm, so, do you think maybe a pandemic was responsible for the wearing of the burka?

leomoon

Opal:

I doubt it. Never heard that posited before.:pouty: I think it's purely, a cultural/religious thing.

I never see women any longer wearing them in Egypt, although if they do its a rarity.

Usually, when I see them its when I'm leaving Luxor to go to Cairo at the airport, then you see various women walking with families with the call to "Dubai"...(can't recall if there is another country too, possibly...but i do recall a LOT going to Dubai) over the loudspeaker. Then, "there they go, all in a row", :biggrin: :whistling:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niq%C4%81b_in_Egypt

Most men & women in regions I prefer to vacation now, (Luxor region), wear the traditional galabaya, (browns, black and sometimes lighter colors for younger people)
Some children wear them too, its very comfortable for Egyptians in that land.

But burquas? They may have been outlawed (except for tourist trade like I said, who wear what they wish) :ninja: The govt. had a BIG problem with burqas saying that it could hide the extremists too easily, so they considered a ban (not sure if its banned or not...but I never see it, so very possibly)

People from western Europe and the U.S. often buy Galabayas too on tours for dancing on the cruises, or other social events or just to have something different to take home with them.

Visiting Alexandria after the Revolution in Spring 2011 - for example, (rooftop Planetarium above the Alex Library-) young women dress most often in jeans, boots, flats, sandals etc..although older ones might wear longer skirts, etc

This was a display inside the Library when we went: Cultural typical dress hasn't changed all that much since the country kicked out the British rule:
These are some of the dressier Galabayas, rather then the normal average drab plain ones for everyday desert use.

leomoon

I had always thought of it as protection from the elements. Wind, sun. Pandemic?

That is the Galabaya I mentioned, both commonly worn by men & women including children sometimes.

Every self-respecting family has a wardrobe of galabayas I'm sure in some varying colors. Even those who wear suits and ties and expensive loafers to travel to Europe, when they come home to dusty streets in Egypt, they will don their Galabayas in the villages where i visit.

Not a pandemic clothing however that I ever heard of. They tell me its just very comfortable. Believe me, its a VERY dusty desert. Sometimes there are huge windstorms which we also get in Arizona & Texas called the "Haboob"...

They come in the Spring once a year in Egypt I think usually, but here in the States, summer time. Fpr me personally, thats when I came down with Valley Fever which compromised my lungs & immune system forever :(

https://www.britannica.com/science/haboob

This was from photos I took on the train in 2011 to Alexandria...notice the men wear Galabayas and the newspaper is talking about Mubarak's ouster from office! A huge win for the younger people. But only temporary...as it turned out to be.

Thinking of Coptic Easter - that is a wonderful time to visit in the Spring. They celebrate Easter there too, but its more a loud celebratory time off the Nile River with boats colored and decorated, picnics for families, etc.

A happy time, much like it is here but different celebrations. Even some Muslem families join their Coptic neighbors and celebrate. They all love a party thats for sure over there!! Lots of celebrations all the time. I have a really funny true story about "fear" and "celebration" perhaps I'll relate someday from there.

Musicians in Egypt villages donning Galabaya the typical clothes of choice:

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
Opal:

I doubt it. Never heard that posited before.:pouty: I think it's purely, a cultural/religious thing.

I never see women any longer wearing them in Egypt, although if they do its a rarity.

Usually, when I see them its when I'm leaving Luxor to go to Cairo at the airport, then you see various women walking with families with the call to "Dubai"...(can't recall if there is another country too, possibly...but i do recall a LOT going to Dubai) over the loudspeaker. Then, "there they go, all in a row", :biggrin: :whistling:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niq%C4%81b_in_Egypt

Most men & women in regions I prefer to vacation now, (Luxor region), wear the traditional galabaya, (browns, black and sometimes lighter colors for younger people)
Some children wear them too, its very comfortable for Egyptians in that land.

But burquas? They may have been outlawed (except for tourist trade like I said, who wear what they wish) :ninja: The govt. had a BIG problem with burqas saying that it could hide the extremists too easily, so they considered a ban (not sure if its banned or not...but I never see it, so very possibly)

People from western Europe and the U.S. often buy Galabayas too on tours for dancing on the cruises, or other social events or just to have something different to take home with them.

Visiting Alexandria after the Revolution in Spring 2011 - for example, (rooftop Planetarium above the Alex Library-) young women dress most often in jeans, boots, flats, sandals etc..although older ones might wear longer skirts, etc

This was a display inside the Library when we went: Cultural typical dress hasn't changed all that much since the country kicked out the British rule:
These are some of the dressier Galabayas, rather then the normal average drab plain ones for everyday desert use.

I see them semi regularly here, some women wear them. My grandfather was Lebanese on my maternal side. He had a hookah. 😁

I know that in the desert you need protection from the elements. That is where I figured, the head covering originated. Then it became an accessory.

It is funny last year people were upset about face coverings. This year, they are getting upset if you don’t.

All in the timing.