gemini - unfocused, easily bored and scatty

or1000

As a dominant gemini mars and venus, I can get quite bored and scatty at times and for the sake of changing things up I will do. I do have some a fair bit of uranus too which aspects my mars (harsh) and venus (harmonious). Sometimes without even realising I have jumped onto something new for a change up. This happens with people also as personalities can seem repetitive after a while. What are your personal experiences as a gemini/relationships with gemini dominants?

waybread

I was married to a sun Gemini for 20 years, and didn't see these characteristics, but then he had a strong Cancer stellium. I once read that sun Geminis like puzzle-solving as recreational entertainment. This was true in his case. He'd take really hard crossword puzzles like double acrostics that left me feeling frustrated and stupid, and he'd solve them quickly and easily.

If you're easily bored, there are many easy ways to introduce more novelty into your life, like taking up new hobbies that lead somewhere in life, like mastering new skills.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
As a Sun Gemini, with Mercury depositing it in 8th house. I am not truly happy unless I am involved in a mental challenge.

Life challenges tends to thrill me on the one hand, and scare me on the other, with both feelings operating simultaneously. That may be the double personality at play, or it could be my strong Uranus placement.

Here is what I think is the strong point of Gemini placements:

What earth signs typically see are the dramatic side, the 'scattered' Gemini that frequently complains about the drama in their lives and gives off a ditzy vibe. Yet what they fail to understand is the other side that are actually thrilled with curveballs life throws at them. Challenges fuels them, it doesn't defeat them. And without it, life is listless and grey.

Geminis do not process challenges pessimistically. On one hand, nothing they complain about are actually taken seriously. They simply enjoy expressing themselves, and are too detached to be weighed down by it. On the other hand, life struggle are processed as exciting stimulants and puzzles to solve. This ensures an always upbeat, mentally-on, and hopeful outlook.

I lost count of the number of times my more methodical acquaintances (frequently Capricorn heavy) underestimate Geminis solely based on the surface. Appearances and styles are deceiving. When it comes time to deliver results, they are promptly shocked at how organized, detail oriented, practical and substance driven we are, without all the unnecessary moaning and heaviness, while making it look easy.

Weakness:

Because Geminis are so good at thinking on their feet, they excel at situations and jobs that deals with constant stimulation, such as sales, emergency problem solving, even disaster relief...they often suck at anything that requires consistent routine and monotony. It literally drains the life out of them.

I've found any job I have must have variety and allow ample opportunity to think on my feet to problem solve. As soon as routine and monotony sets in, I feel fenced in. In a situation where I am no longer learning and expanding intellectually, that's usually a signal for me to leave. It usually doesn't matter how well it pays, its a drain to the spirit. I suppose security isn't as important to us as earth signs, and pure gemini energy don't have the ability to trade security for boredom.

As entrepreneurs, Geminis are more likely to build a business for a couple of years, then sell it, and start off in a new venture all over again. Without earth signs or a strong Saturn anchoring it, its harder to build and put in the focus necessary for payoffs a decade or two from now, which Capricorns excel at.

Last edited:

or1000

As a Sun Gemini, with Mercury depositing it in 8th house. I am not truly happy unless I am involved in a mental challenge.

Life challenges tends to thrill me on the one hand, and scare me on the other, with both feelings operating simultaneously. That may be the double personality at play, or it could be my strong Uranus placement.

Here is what I think is the strong point of Gemini placements:

What earth signs typically see are the dramatic side, the 'scattered' Gemini that frequently complains about the drama in their lives and gives off a ditzy vibe. Yet what they fail to understand is the other side that are actually thrilled with curveballs life throws at them. Challenges fuels them, it doesn't defeat them. And without it, life is listless and grey.

Geminis do not process challenges pessimistically. On one hand, nothing they complain about are actually taken seriously. They simply enjoy expressing themselves, and are too detached to be weighed down by it. On the other hand, life struggle are processed as exciting stimulants and puzzles to solve. This ensures an always upbeat, mentally-on, and hopeful outlook.

I lost count of the number of times my more methodical acquaintances (frequently Capricorn heavy) underestimate Geminis solely based on the surface. Appearances and styles are deceiving. When it comes time to deliver results, they are promptly shocked at how organized, detail oriented, practical and substance driven we are, without all the unnecessary moaning and heaviness, while making it look easy.

Weakness:

Because Geminis are so good at thinking on their feet, they excel at situations and jobs that deals with constant stimulation, such as sales, emergency problem solving, even disaster relief...they often suck at anything that requires consistent routine and monotony. It literally drains the life out of them.

I've found any job I have must have variety and allow ample opportunity to think on my feet to problem solve. As soon as routine and monotony sets in, I feel fenced in. In a situation where I am no longer learning and expanding intellectually, that's usually a signal for me to leave. It usually doesn't matter how well it pays, its a drain to the spirit. I suppose security isn't as important to us as earth signs, and pure gemini energy don't have the ability to trade boredom for security.

As entrepreneurs, Geminis are more likely to build a business for a couple of years, then sell it, and start off in a new venture all over again. Without earth signs or a strong Saturn anchoring it, its harder to build and put in the focus necessary for payoffs a decade or two from now, which Capricorns excel at.

I am not comfortable unless I am in a mental challenge, either, which in the past has frustrated me a little due to me somewhat going overboard. Jupiter-mars square. Both got that strong Uranus placement too.

Geminis can seem very surface, and easily misjudged. I can express myself in ways people may say it is pessimistic or not, I am too detached to notice! Therefore when others say don't let it get you down, I often don't take it in.

As far as jobs, variety and thinking on feet to problem solve is essential.

Your comment about gemini as an entrepreneur, was very spot on.

or1000

I was married to a sun Gemini for 20 years, and didn't see these characteristics, but then he had a strong Cancer stellium. I once read that sun Geminis like puzzle-solving as recreational entertainment. This was true in his case. He'd take really hard crossword puzzles like double acrostics that left me feeling frustrated and stupid, and he'd solve them quickly and easily.

If you're easily bored, there are many easy ways to introduce more novelty into your life, like taking up new hobbies that lead somewhere in life, like mastering new skills.

Yes, the puzzles are very essential. I would love for you to name me a few! Some of the hardest, most brain frazzling ones would be my favourite.

See, I'm not all that familiar with the advanced type puzzles, just the usual sudoku, word search (I'm "young and dumb" ha).

I have a mars Neptune quincunx which I am coming to the conclusion now that my mars issues are heavily pressing on this alongside the jupiter aspect

waybread

My ex did these acrostics back when we subscribed to the Sunday New York Times, which also has a big, difficult crossword puzzle.

Are you familiar with Will Shortz? He writes the NYT puzzles and is on NPR Sunday Edition as their Puzzle Master for word problems. And more.
https://willshortz.com/