Apparently astrology can't determine your career

Sagii

I just had a horary reading done by a professional astrologer in India. This reading was done according to the vedic astrology way. I have consulted him over a number of years and his predictions are 95% correct, however yesterday I received my reading as I posed a question of whether I should take the study of medicine to become a doctor and this was his response.

"There is no indication in the chart to say anything against that kind of thinking and therefore your desire to be a doctor can actually be fulfilled subject to certain other observations which I have to make. There are thousands of types of studies across the world and I do not even know their names. The astrological angle is not to magically pinpoint as to what kind of specialized professional study you should do but the astrological angle is to guide you for whatever thoughts are there on your mind in the form of alternatives. You have given me one alternative of medicine and that is indicated in the chart and I have nothing to say against that. But the purpose of astrology is to correlate the planetary positions of the chart so that your specific thoughts are aligned with the indications of the chart to give you a direction".

Is this true?????? Can some shed some light on this? :surprised:

Many thanks :)

AstroLogical

Greetings, Sagii

I believe what is being told to you is simply, YOU have choice and free will.
Resist the temptation to mindlessly be told what to do because the astrologer says so.

Your astrologer clearly indicates
"the astrological angle is to guide you for whatever thoughts are there on you mind in the form of alternatives."

It seems clear to me your astrologer is honoring your individuality in the matter and leaving the details of your proclivity to be explored. Is the personal creative spark within you so faint that you do not find excitement in choosing a course of action? Or would you prefer step by step directions to tell you what to do and when to do it so you can perform like a drone and achieve the task? Where is the joy in that?

The best to you...

Astrology offers a map that can highlight the potential within your life. Many subtle variations await your decisions. This is what your astrologer is saying to you.

This is YOUR LIFE.
MAKE CHOICES AND LIVE IT!

Sagii

Greetings, Sagii

I believe what is being told to you is simply, YOU have choice and free will.
Resist the temptation to mindlessly be told what to do because the astrologer says so.

Your astrologer clearly indicates
"the astrological angle is to guide you for whatever thoughts are there on you mind in the form of alternatives."

It seems clear to me your astrologer is honoring your individuality in the matter and leaving the details of your proclivity to be explored. Is the personal creative spark within you so faint that you do not find excitement in choosing a course of action? Or would you prefer step by step directions to tell you what to do and when to do it so you can perform like a drone and achieve the task? Where is the joy in that?

The best to you...

Astrology offers a map that can highlight the potential within your life. Many subtle variations await your decisions. This is what your astrologer is saying to you.

This is YOUR LIFE.
MAKE CHOICES AND LIVE IT!

Thank you for reply Astrological, it was quiet informative.

The only reason why I posted this is because I'm 27 and am still finishing off my undergraduate degree (final year), so I don't wish to take such a step its not destined for me. As you already know studying medicine is ludicrously hard, long and strenuous. I just wanted to hear "yes it is destined for you", but I guess its not that simple. I don't really know anything about astrology, but just wanted some guidance as to whether this profession would be suitable for me, as I don't really want to see myself studying hard for entrance tests etc then getting rejected from universities or even getting into medical school and dropping out or failing halfway through.

If you know how to read a natal chart, could you possibly inform me as to whether it is a career for me, nevertheless thank you again for your reply :)

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_sagii.54450.12514.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_sagii.54450.12514.gif
    49.8 KB · Views: 41

AstroLogical

Sagii

First, I know there are astrologers who would debate me on this but I am not one who subscribes to the idea of destiny as an absolute. So, with that I am likely not the one to offer much comfort to your ears that want to hear words you believe have already been spoken.

Although we are operating within the parameters of a Cosmic Operating System, I see the vastness of our future as something that is being created as we live. I do understand you or anybody wanting "insider information" in order to hedge their bet... and certainly with all you have invested thus far not wanting to miscalculate your next move is very important to you. However, as a person of science you must know some of the greatest advances begin from what is first through of as a "mistake." Your native instincts and intuitive sense—if duly examined—should provide you with ample insight.

If you truly believe one can speak to the matter of your Destiny, any choice you make is the right one because you can not error in a predetermined universe. Otherwise you might consider sharing some of the "choices" you are weighing and see if anyone in this community can help narrow the field.

btw - in the chart you share it shows all the planets (except Chiron) on the right side of the chart. This does suggest a person who looks to others for direction and is less inclined to be self determining. Of course, "Balance" is always a goal for each of us, regardless. So, learning to rely more on your own compass is one of the personal focuses for you in this life. There will always be those times when you have to "go with your gut" because there is no one to turn to for direction.

The best to you...

R4VEN

Although we are operating within the parameters of a Cosmic Operating System, I see the vastness of our future as something that is being created as we live.
I also subscribe to what AstroLogical has said regarding the nature of life on earth for us all. I believe that we create our futures in every second of every day, and within each moment is the potential for us to change direction. I do not think that a fatalistic answer of `yes you will,' or `no, you should not do that' is in any way helpful to you. If medicine is what you want to be doing, then pursue it, and if after a couple of years you find you are not suited to it, then you will have to gather yourself together and do something about it. Within that process, you will have to learn strength, resilience and self-reliance, something which perhaps you have a need to be learning. Were you to remain in medicine, then the same skills will be learned as you progress in your career.

As I see it, your chart is rather open-ended career-wise, and you are free to pursue several different career streams, but you will need to take into account several different drives which you have. As I read your chart, some of these drives may be:

• a deep desire to help others, as you are sensitive to how others feel and what their drives are. You also have a deep desire for recognition by others ........ so it is important for you to recognise what it is which is motivating you to be doing medicine. You only have to be honest with yourself.
  • there is also an indication that you may not be clear about what it is you want to, or should be doing.
  • With Neptune in the 6th house you are capable of serving others and sacrificing yourself for the `greater good'.
  • with multiple planets in the 6th house choosing work which serves others in the community is a given. You will have to watch your own health at all times, as you could easily push yourself beyond your own personal limitations.
  • you are likely to experience a deep restlessness should you get stuck in a rut, no matter what job you are doing. This means you need to allow for variety and change in your work.
Since Pisces and Cancer are so powerful in your chart, and especially since you have Moon in Pisces, you must develop some kind of creative/artistic outlet in order to find balance in your life, otherwise you could suffer from burnout.

I have reached a stage in life when I know that it's not what we do with our lives which matters, but how we go about it, what drives us, and how we deal with the setbacks and obstacles we encounter. The rest is just cultural noise. Nothing is definite, nothing is `destined'. We always have the option to step away, or to respond to challenge in a different way.

AstroLogical

I also subscribe to what AstroLogical has said regarding the nature of life on earth for us all. I believe that we create our futures in every second of every day, and within each moment is the potential for us to change direction. I do not think that a fatalistic answer of `yes you will,' or `no, you should not do that' is in any way helpful to you. If medicine is what you want to be doing, then pursue it, and if after a couple of years you find you are not suited to it, then you will have to gather yourself together and do something about it. Within that process, you will have to learn strength, resilience and self-reliance, something which perhaps you have a need to be learning. Were you to remain in medicine, then the same skills will be learned as you progress in your career.

As I see it, your chart is rather open-ended career-wise, and you are free to pursue several different career streams, but you will need to take into account several different drives which you have. As I read your chart, some of these drives may be:

• a deep desire to help others, as you are sensitive to how others feel and what their drives are. You also have a deep desire for recognition by others ........ so it is important for you to recognise what it is which is motivating you to be doing medicine. You only have to be honest with yourself.
  • there is also an indication that you may not be clear about what it is you want to, or should be doing.
  • With Neptune in the 6th house you are capable of serving others and sacrificing yourself for the `greater good'.
  • with multiple planets in the 6th house choosing work which serves others in the community is a given. You will have to watch your own health at all times, as you could easily push yourself beyond your own personal limitations.
  • you are likely to experience a deep restlessness should you get stuck in a rut, no matter what job you are doing. This means you need to allow for variety and change in your work.
Since Pisces and Cancer are so powerful in your chart, and especially since you have Moon in Pisces, you must develop some kind of creative/artistic outlet in order to find balance in your life, otherwise you could suffer from burnout.

I have reached a stage in life when I know that it's not what we do with our lives which matters, but how we go about it, what drives us, and how we deal with the setbacks and obstacles we encounter. The rest is just cultural noise. Nothing is definite, nothing is `destined'. We always have the option to step away, or to respond to challenge in a different way.

R4VEN

Thanks for weighing in and sharing.
It seems, thus far, we have formulated very similar perspectives.
I try to allow for new transforming data, however.

For the sake of understanding I have tried with all my might to "try on" the mindset of viewing life as a predetermined/destined reality.
I can't seem to do it, even as a mental exercise as in, "what if" the whole show has already been aired.
Perhaps I am defective :w00t: in my conceptual ability...
I'll blame it on my father who may have been inebriated at my conception.

I've often been amused at a fly in a window, buzzing around, flying at full speed, smashing into the glass, flailing so intensely without even a clue as to why it can see the world it desires to enter and yet has absolutely no clue what the invisible barrier is
nor why it is prevented from the light of day.
Are we flies in the window of the universe?
Is that the glass, the limit of destiny fatalists identify with?
Considering it this way is about as close as I can get...

At any rate it seems my/our perspective did not provide a satisfactory answer as Sagii has already re-posted the question, all be it in a slightly different form. I suppose it is a justifiable scientific approach. If you don't get the answer you are looking for, rephrase the question.
But does it redefine the framework of the universe?

IMHO you provided some very good advise and sound perspective.
Perhaps I should have just read the chart and not waxed so philosophical... but I couldn't ignore the premiss.

be well...
A*L

R4VEN

For the sake of understanding I have tried with all my might to "try on" the mindset of viewing life as a predetermined/destined reality.
I can't seem to do it, even as a mental exercise as in, "what if" the whole show has already been aired.
Perhaps I am defective :w00t: in my conceptual ability...

Perhaps we both are. As a young person I liked the idea of predestination because it removed from the mix any idea that I may be responsible for my life circumstances.

Are we flies in the window of the universe?

Probably :w00t:

At any rate it seems my/our perspective did not provide a satisfactory answer as Sagii has already re-posted the question, all be it in a slightly different form. I suppose it is a justifiable scientific approach. If you don't get the answer you are looking for, rephrase the question.
But does it redefine the framework of the universe?
I believe that Sagii, as a pre-Saturn Return person is searching for absolutes that do not exist.
IMHO you provided some very good advise and sound perspective.

Thank you, and I agree.

Perhaps I should have just read the chart and not waxed so philosophical... but I couldn't ignore the premiss.
Me neither, and thank you for the `reality' back-up.

When I was 27, what I really needed was my current much older and very much wiser self to provide the philosophical slap/advice I delivered for Sagii, although chances are I would have dismissed it just as she appears to have.

btw - in the chart you share it shows all the planets (except Chiron) on the right side of the chart. This does suggest a person who looks to others for direction and is less inclined to be self determining. Of course, "Balance" is always a goal for each of us, regardless. So, learning to rely more on your own compass is one of the personal focuses for you in this life. There will always be those times when you have to "go with your gut" because there is no one to turn to for direction.

And I thought that what you wrote above a couple of posts ago was spot on. Having almost all my planets on the RHS of my chart, I can relate to that as well.

Philosophically ..........

R :sideways:

tsmall

Premium Member
I just had a horary reading done by a professional astrologer in India. This reading was done according to the vedic astrology way. I have consulted him over a number of years and his predictions are 95% correct, however yesterday I received my reading as I posed a question of whether I should take the study of medicine to become a doctor and this was his response.

"There is no indication in the chart to say anything against that kind of thinking and therefore your desire to be a doctor can actually be fulfilled subject to certain other observations which I have to make. There are thousands of types of studies across the world and I do not even know their names. The astrological angle is not to magically pinpoint as to what kind of specialized professional study you should do but the astrological angle is to guide you for whatever thoughts are there on your mind in the form of alternatives. You have given me one alternative of medicine and that is indicated in the chart and I have nothing to say against that. But the purpose of astrology is to correlate the planetary positions of the chart so that your specific thoughts are aligned with the indications of the chart to give you a direction".

Is this true?????? Can some shed some light on this? :surprised:

Many thanks :)

Did your Indian astrologer use this chart, or a sidereal chart?

In any case, I agree with what has been posted above. At the same time, if we want to look at a chart to see where a native will make his/her money (not disreagarding that what makes us money in our lifetime does not have to define us, or even be our passion) then we might want to take a peek at the triplicity rulers, as well as the domicile ruler of the 2nd house. It's a night chart, so we get Sun as domicile ruler and trip ruler (which is cool, because the daytime trip ruler of Leo is Jupiter, who is retrograde and seriously new with it...in the 10th sign/11th house and it's no wonder the OP doesn't know what she wants to be when she grows up.)

Sun on cusp of 6th. The OP seems inclined to medicine, but those watery placements, as well as a few planets in the 6th, including Venus.

Sagi, what are you thoughts about veterinary medicine?

Frisiangal

I posed a question of whether I should take the study of medicine to become a doctor and this was his response.

"There is no indication in the chart to say anything against that kind of thinking and therefore your desire to be a doctor can actually be fulfilled ]subject to certain other observations which I have to make.
It's a personal belief that cultural upbringing plays a strong part in how one's life can and may be lived. Consulting a vedic astrologer could be indicative of a specific culture and personal sacrifices made within it. Who is put first? One's Self or others? This would seem to be of special significance in your life.

Using Western astrology and thought, other observations could be shown through a natal chart (the moment of birth) that comes under the influence of planetary motion alignment to it at specific periods in time. Whether this is destiny at work depends upon one's personal beliefs. Such a period appears to be influencing you at this time.

An astrologer looking at the chart might say that it has all the signs of achievement in a medical career.
BUT; circumstances could be occuring now that are swaying a resolve in that direction; possibly through the relationship sector that requires more free...or at least divided.... time and is interfering with the necessary
concentration regarding study. Thoughts and feelings are wandering elsewhere, causing confusion, which will automatically raise the question of whether studying medicine is one's destiny....... As compared to what????

Where taking up a profession is a vocation that a person feels very strongly to be called to as their destiny to follow, any choice becomes a decision easily made. There are no personal sacrifices. Yet if the light of what was considered vocational calling falls under the shadow of an outer force, its own light will shine less powerfully and may even fade in the sacrifice made to a force stronger than itself.
The choice and decision made can be the greatest test of all.

Faith in another can be built upon an illusion that may be only temporary of nature. Faith in one's self can forge a destiny that will last a lifetime.:smile:

ukdesifem

I agree with RAVEN. It's up to you how to use the energies, though I find natal charts seldom ever lie.

President Obama's natal chart and career flow is exact, in all the positions. He has a Scorpio MC, and Leo Sun/Mercury conjunct. These all point towards executive, ambitious and strong speaking. Hardly false.:cool:

Sagii

Did your Indian astrologer use this chart, or a sidereal chart?

In any case, I agree with what has been posted above. At the same time, if we want to look at a chart to see where a native will make his/her money (not disreagarding that what makes us money in our lifetime does not have to define us, or even be our passion) then we might want to take a peek at the triplicity rulers, as well as the domicile ruler of the 2nd house. It's a night chart, so we get Sun as domicile ruler and trip ruler (which is cool, because the daytime trip ruler of Leo is Jupiter, who is retrograde and seriously new with it...in the 10th sign/11th house and it's no wonder the OP doesn't know what she wants to be when she grows up.)

Sun on cusp of 6th. The OP seems inclined to medicine, but those watery placements, as well as a few planets in the 6th, including Venus.

Sagi, what are you thoughts about veterinary medicine?

Hi tsmall,

Im not sure what sort of chart he used. Veterinary medicine can be an option as I am very fond of animals however, having had a number of animals since childhood, I find it extremely difficult to cope with the grief or loss of them. Not that I'm saying that this has something to do with veterinary medicine, but I thinks that its just my personality with animals - maybe thats where the indication comes from in regards to animals.

Tbh I think I'm going to go with my gut instinct. I was always told to take sciences further as a-levels then as a university degree, but I was always a lost child, with no guidance as to what I should do with my life. When I eventually thought about returning to university, sciences was the first thing that cropped up, but instead I went for an honours in Education as I just wanted to get onto the career ladder as soon as I could. Whilst doing this degree (still finishing it), I've enjoyed myself a lot especially with the children, but I can't see myself working in a school for the rest of my life - my heart is simply not set there. I also often wondered that it would have been better for me to have taken on an honours in science, as that would have been a good stepping stone for a career into medicine. Now strangely enough, in 2013 I met a guy who was a physician (currently in specialty training) over the time as we spoke, he would always mention to me that I seem more suited to a medical career, but I never hinted it to him once that I have an interest. I used to love reading his medical books, popping over at hospital and office to see him working, and loved how before bedtime he would ring me and go over his day with me to talk about how good or bad his day went in terms of his job. Another thing to note is whenever I visit a hospital or a medical environment, I often feel like I'm at home - somewhat comfortable. My boyfriend has gone off the radar - I presume he has parted ways with me because there hasn't been any contact for a while, but the spark of becoming a doctor is still there. I must admit I'm not an intelligent person, but through hard work I have seen some exceptional results, and this is where I believe that I can do it - but then again I do doubt myself a lot, and pre-saturn isn't helping me in anyway either. I often feel like the mind and the heart are fighting with each other as to whats best for me.

Last edited:

Sagii

Hi R4VEN,

Thanks for contributing to the post, you're definitely right in terms of having a desire to help others. Ive always believed in serving others, as to me it is a form of worship to god. I do visit a lot of third world and war zone countries and feel that the humanitarian inside me wants to go out and help each and every person. As for recognition, I'm not quiet sure on that a sI am a very low key/private person and practice humility, a lot of people often say that I'm a mysterious person. Your second point is also correct, I really do not now what i want to do with my life, even though I have mentioned that I wish to pursue medicine as a career, the reason for that maybe is because I feel I'm running out of time - old age maybe. Your third point is also correct as I am currently doing some community work with a local charity setting up hot food stalls for the homeless. I also help at my religious place of worship on Sundays and some evenings. Your forth point is also correct, my health isn't the very best, I don't sleep on time, eat on time, exercise when I should and do exceed my limitations. The fifth point is also correct, I feel like I'm in a mess right now. I have got so much uni work to do that I just keep letting it pile up.

What you mentioned was very informative, thank you :)

Last edited:

R4VEN

Sagii, thank you for your last post, and for the information within it. In reading what you said, it appears that medicine is a fair option for you, especially since you have a deep interest in it. Having to work hard at achieving your goal will be one of your tests, and one which you are well suited to facing - and achieving. Your Saturn in Sagittarius quite closely trines your natal Jupiter - only just in the 10th house of career/public image - and that placement is found in people who have to face many obstacles/challenges, and who have the inner drive to push through what stands in their way. This is a fortunate placement, one which may have been `earned' at a soul level.

I think it is fair to say that in modern astrology the career is not always clearly shown on the chart, but the natural drives and skills of a person usually are. For instance, someone may have musical gifts indicated on their chart, but if they are born into a family who do not value or nurture this musical interest, and prefer football and other sports, then this child will need to push hard against this obstacle - or find their way around it - in order to achieve their dreams. Or they may never ever connect with it, and so live their life with a sense of something important not yet attempted.

Your skills and drives are quite clear on your chart. You are extremely sensitive, and it is possible you may have a sensitive body. This means that you may react to certain stimuli in your environment which produce health issues which are hard to diagnose. The following natal placements describe this sensitivity:

• Cancer ascendant - your chart is ruled by the moon, so you are emotional and changeable, and the concept of `family' is one which you may pursue in your life. (and I'm not necessarily suggesting that you will want a traditional type family, but a sense of belonging to some group - which then becomes your family)
  • The Moon - your chart's ruler - is in the most sensitive sign of all, Pisces. It sits on your 10th house cusp, so career decisions will tend to come from hunches and feelings.
  • Neptune in the 6th house can describe physical and health sensitivity.
  • Chiron in the 12th house renders you susceptible to the feelings of others. You know when someone is sad, or in need of comfort. This is a really good quality for a physician, but it can easily result in burnout.
And I haven't even mentioned your Scorpio planets in the 5th house, although both Pluto and Mars in Scorpio can render you quite determined once your mind is made up about something.
However, the point I'm getting to here is that I suspect you are an empath. I will provide a link at the bottom of this post for you to peruse, and see if it resonates with you. The thing with being incredibly empathic is that much of your response to your environment may be unconscious, and so your `taking on' the feelings - and even the thoughts - of others can be terribly draining, especially when you're working in a healing environment.

I also suspect - from the 10th house Jupiter, as well as Moon on your MC - that once you make up your mind about career direction, the pathway through it will open up for you. You will have to work hard, sure, but you will be rewarded for your hard work. If some desired goal disappears, then this means you will have to look elsewhere, and another door will most likely open for you.

http://themindunleashed.org/2013/10/30-traits-of-empath.html

If you resonate with any of this, then the characteristics are likely to increase in intensity as you age - especially after the age of 40. Empathy is a necessary quality in a physician, but an empath has levels of empathy which go through the roof.

Last edited:

Sagii

Hi R4VEN, I cannot tell you how accurate you are in the post above, even the link that you have provided me, I am definitely 28 out 30 for those. I'm absolulety speechless. I will give you a more informative feedback later in the week as Im just catching up on a lot of uni work.

Thank you very much :)