Human existence: the gender of God

leomoon

For some reason, my husband can easily open the Haaretz article shown above - So I copied a quote from it for you all to see::joyful: I truly wish people would not blame Egyptians who weren't keen on owning or keeping slaves in their country.

https://www.haaretz.com/jewish/were-jews-ever-really-slaves-in-egypt-1.5208519
The reality is that there is no evidence whatsoever that the Jews were ever enslaved in Egypt. Yes, there's the story contained within the bible itself, but that's not a remotely historically admissible source. I'm talking about real proof; archeological evidence, state records and primary sources. Of these, nothing exists.
It is hard to believe that 600,000 families (which would mean about two million people) crossed the entire Sinai without leaving one shard of pottery (the archeologist's best friend) with Hebrew writing on it. It is remarkable that Egyptian records make no mention of the sudden migration of what would have been nearly a quarter of their population, nor has any evidence been found for any of the expected effects of such an exodus; such as economic downturn or labor shortages. Furthermore, there is no evidence in Israel that shows a sudden influx of people from another culture at that time. No rapid departure from traditional pottery has been seen, no record or story of a surge in population.
(* Haaretz - Israeli newspaper, article shown above link)

The only logical, realistic conclusion that I can come up with is someone made the whole thing up, which btw, many Hebrew scholars now agree with this premise.

I don't doubt either, that there are lots of things made up in Christendom too, especially regarding the Council of Nicea, and the early church fathers so revered as Saints today!

Wouldn't it be a HOOT, if some scholar deduced the date of its invention was April Fool's Day? The joke is on us.

Last edited:

leomoon

Leomoon, do you think that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead and appeared to his disciples?

To be honest, yes. However, I'm open to other opinions about that as well. Most Gnostics did not adhere to, speak of or perhaps even believe in the resurrection of the body of Jesus. Perhaps some did, I'd have to double check my Gnostics info.

But then again, I believe in UFOs because I saw one coming down my street over the mountain along with about 100,000 other people that night. "The Phoenix Lights" March 1997. :love: So I'm very open as to how people can be here one minute and gone the next as in "forever" from view. I had no problem believing that happened to Elijah too, when the fiery chariot lifted him and off they went. :innocent: As we were driving down the dusty Jordan road, down to the Dead Sea resort, we passed a tower in the distance, and the tour guide Jamal, said in broken English, "Over there, Elijah, he went to heaven". Oh, okay. Cool! I think I video taped it but will need to look., as mostly photos but some video tape too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Lights

Here is a bunch of people in my area, who gave their testimony to MUFON. I never did, nor did my husband ...but we talked to some of them later on.

The time of our sighting is easy to recall, because my husband would NOT walk out the door to take the pickup truck with trash in it to the condos dumpster that night with me, until Seinfeld was over. It was over at precisely, 8:30 PM when we walked out the door, got into the truck, drove to the 1st stop sign, and here it came, over the mountain within walking distance. It was a beautiful bright night, and to the west of us you could easily see Comet

Eyewitnesses:

http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc1509.htm

For anyone interested in the Astrology of it, this chart was erected years later, dated 2012, because I put asteroids in it for our names to see how we corresponded vibrationaly with the sighting. I hadn't considered named asteroids before.

Last edited:

leomoon

One of the wierdest things happened, only 3 days later - Whoever is old enough here, may recall this awful event. On March 21st, when the Hale-Bopp comet was very beautifully visible over California and Arizona, likely most of the west; this cult and their leader, all committed suicide. They called themselves, "The Heaven's Gate"...:crying:

The weird thing for me anyway, is not the suicide, because cults do this, as in the Jim Jones cult. But they were all carefully dressed, carefully laying on their well made individual beds, waiting for the UFO they claimed was going to come and pick them up, as per their leader. :alien:

I don't think I'll EVER got over this! Considering the massive event (largest in history meaning more witnesses over at least the entire State of Arizona), on March 17th, 4 days earlier.

The Heaven's Gate cult left video manifestos explaining that disciples were "exiting their human vessels" and beaming up to an extraterrestrial-piloted spaceship zipping along in the blue ion tale of the comet Hale-Bopp, a bright light in the night sky for more than a year.

Pages from the Heavens Gate website, which remains online.

******note the Freudian slip? Tail of the comet, they typed, "tale".

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/heaven-gate-mass-suicide-20-years-article-1.3008847

petosiris

Banned
To be honest, yes. However, I'm open to other opinions about that as well. Most Gnostics did not adhere to, speak of or perhaps even believe in the resurrection of the body of Jesus. Perhaps some did, I'd have to double check my Gnostics info.

Why don't you apply your historical skepticism to the obvious falsehoods of Gnostic docetism or Edgar Cayce?

leomoon

Some things just resonate as true with people, while others seem so preposterous as to warrant serious investigation,.. My Jupiter in Scorpio, tends to go deeply into what interests me. Religions interest me, as does the subject matter I mention here. Ironic, that I watched the Charlton Heston version of Ten Commandments tonight on TV after having posted this. Synchronicity, much like the cult Heaven's Gate!

The term synchronicity (syn = with, chronos = time) was chosen by the psychotherapist Jung to describe the simultaneous occurrence of events (or coincidences) which apparently have no clear cause, but are deeply meaningful. Some would say that coincidences are random, but if we look carefully into our lives, we realize it is not so.

Jupiter ruler of my 9th house trine the ASC, sextile Mars & my Sun.

Last edited:

waybread

Indeed it is. I am showing you your error, and you do not admit it. I freely admit I personally fail the first and second greatest commandment of my Lord, and I beg mercy from God as a sinner.

What error are you trying to show me?

Why not try being nice to people?

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. (Masochists need not apply.)

(She mumbles something about Christian love.)

david starling

What error are you trying to show me?

Why not try being nice to people?

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. (Masochists need not apply.)

(She mumbles something about Christian love.)

Your error [IMO] is that you're assuming that he actually believes what he says he believes. He's a catalytic thinker and an excellent debater--picks a point of view and defends it, the more controversial the better. :biggrin:

waybread

Leomoon, you are aware of the serious knock-down drag-'em-out debates over biblical archaeology. (Played out in the pages of Biblical Archaeology.) A big project of believing Christians and Jews. In which believing Christians and Jews have used archaeological findings to bolster their claims that the Bible is a true history. On the opposite side are Palestinian Arab supporters. who claim that the archaeological evidence simply doesn't support an Exodus of Jews from Egypt or the entrance into the land of Israel as a one-time event.

This is why I think a literary approach to the Bible has much to recommend it. We can find profound meaning in the Bible without expecting it to be factually correct.

Passover is coming up this week. During the seder, participants retell the story of Exodus. One of its big messages (which wouldn't always have been literally correct) is that once the Jews were enslaved, but now are free men and women.

Back when I practiced Judaism, probably in the early 1980s, my ex husband and I put on a big seder for something like 20 people. When we learned that two former Russian refuseniks (the elderly synagogue janitor and his wife) had not been invited to a seder, of course we invited them to ours.

In the 1960s through the early 80s it was very difficult for Jews to leave the USSR, even though they faced serious discrimination. Their freedom of religion was curtailed. Their exit visa requests were often denied, hence the name Refusenik. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refusenik

We learned during the seder that it was the first one this elderly couple had ever attended. It just hit me forcefully that the allegory of slavery to freedom is still a powerful one for out time, or any time. It was for this couple.

Exodus has also been a powerful theme in African American culture,as the journey from slavery to freedom. You know the spiritual "Go down Moses."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3OjHIhLCDs

Last edited:

waybread

Your error [IMO] is that you're assuming that he actually believes what he says he believes. He's a catalytic thinker and an excellent debater--picks a point of view and defends it, the more controversial the better. :biggrin:

I don't think it's that, David. Apparently Petosiris believes I will burn in hell fire. And you, too, probably.

petosiris

Banned
Leomoon, you are aware of the serious knock-down drag-'em-out debates over biblical archaeology. (Played out in the pages of Biblical Archaeology.) A big project of believing Christians and Jews. In which believing Christians and Jews have used archaeological findings to bolster their claims that the Bible is a true history. On the opposite side are Palestinian Arab supporters. who claim that the archaeological evidence simply doesn't support an Exodus of Jews from Egypt or the entrance into the land of Israel as a one-time event.

This is why I think a literary approach to the Bible has much to recommend it. We can find profound meaning in the Bible without expecting it to be factually correct.

Passover is coming up this week. During the seder, participants retell the story of Exodus. One of its big messages (which wouldn't always have been literally correct) is that once the Jews were enslaved, but now are free men and women.

Back when I practiced Judaism, probably in the early 1980s, my ex husband and I put on a big seder for something like 20 people. When we learned that two former Russian refuseniks (the elderly synagogue janitor and his wife) had not been invited to a seder, of course we invited them to ours.

In the 1960s through the early 80s it was very difficult for Jews to leave the USSR, even though they faced serious discrimination. Their freedom of religion was curtailed. Their exit visa requests were often denied, hence the name Refusenik. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refusenik

We learned during the seder that it was the first one this elderly couple had ever attended. It just hit me forcefully that the allegory of slavery to freedom is still a powerful one for out time, or any time. It was for this couple.

Exodus has also been a powerful theme in African American culture,as the journey from slavery to freedom. You know the spiritual "Go down Moses."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3OjHIhLCDs

Waybread, Leomoon doesn't reject the plausible Exodus because of the absence of other supporting evidence (if it were so, she would have to immediately reject the demoniac's visions of Atlantis and Lemuria), but because it puts the Egyptian religion as base and inferior to the one of Moses.

leomoon

The only ones who will burn in hell fire are those who believe that hell fire actually exists. :smile:

Agreed! :innocent:

Ref:

True, I agree with this too.
But I still like to see the proof where possible. Perhaps too much of an earth sign is my problem.
For example, talking about this subject (since the movie "The 10 Commandments, starring Edward G. Robinson, "Where's you god NOWWWW Moses", :lol: and Charlton Heston as Moses was on last night circa 1963?

We were talking about whether or not Hatshepsut before she was Pharaoh could have been the Princess who had Moses taken out of the bulrushes in the Nile. My research says its either her, (very possibly), or one just after her, but i think it's her from the 18th Dynasty.

Somehow, I think reality (Moses for example, plus Joshua, and the brother of Moses, the wives, etc) were all historical people, but I cannot prove it either. Josephus wrote about (Hatshepsut) but mentioned a different name, and he was considered an historian in his time. The Egyptians were very much into historical writing, keeping records, etc. But there were a few Pharoahs who the descendants managed to try & obliterate from history (not good to do), yet although they tried with Hatshepsut & with Akhenaton to obliterate them, they were not totally successful, so there is proof existing of their rule, the number of years, their parentage, etc. They were considered in their day also, "heretical" as Akhenaton founded the One God religion, the Atun i.e. the Solar disk and even moved the capitol of Egypt to Thebes. So we can easily understand perhaps how they'd want to obliterate him for messing with the cultural religious beliefs.

Yet there is nothing concerning the Exodus as mentioned earlier. Zip, nada, zero - nothing! .....There is such a thing in literary works as the book publisher on Quora writes:
Artistic license (also known as Artistic Licence in the UK, art licenselo, historical license, dramatic license, poetic license, narrative license, licentia poetica, or simply license) is a colloquial term, sometimes a euphemism, used to denote the distortion of fact, alteration of the conventions of grammar or language, or rewording of pre-existing text made by an artist in the name of art.
Artistic license
In other words it’s not a physical “license” at all. It’s the thing that writers do when they distort or exaggerate the truth in order to make a point.