Your Astrology Weekly Screen Name

Cypocryphy

Why a double Sagittarius?

Ha. Fair enough. I assume that I am correct (hope).

It was based on a mixture of logic and intuition.

Here are the facts:
(1) Carolus is Latin for Carol, and your name is exactly what it means: singing. So that alone has no bearing on your sign. Unless it is a reference to Taurus, ruling the throat with its Venusian affinity. But I do not think so. It's too loose, too tangential an association.

(2) Optimus is similar to words such as optimum and optimal, obviously relating to that which is best, and I believe the word "opitmus" has some sort of aristocratic signification to it because it stems from the title Jupiter Optimus Maximus, the most important temple in Rome during the city's prominence. The title means: "Jupiter is the best and greatest." This leads to two sings: Sagittarius and Pisces

(3) You gave no additional hints to allow for a differentiation of the two zodiacal signs. But in modern rulership, Pisces is ruled by Neptune. Also, you have a lot of fire in you, which I could tell by your previous posting, especially in regard to your efforts at the gym. You also have the avatar of a Lion, also signifying your affinity to the element of fire. Since we have one factor, Jupiter, as the signification of your ascendant and Sun sign, and Jupiter is not exalted in Leo, but Cancer, I had the idea that you are a double Sagittarius.

Is this correct?

Last edited:

Carolus Optimus

(1) Carolus is Latin for Carol, and your name is exactly what it means: singing. So that alone has no bearing on your sign. Unless it is a reference to Taurus, ruling the throat with its Venusian affinity. But I do not think so. It's too loose, too tangential an association.

It is in fact the Latin form of the name Charles, closely linked to the meaning "king".

The popularity of the name in continental Europe was due to the fame of Charles the Great (742-814), commonly known as Charlemagne, a king of the Franks who came to rule over most of Europe. It was subsequently borne by several Holy Roman Emperors, as well as kings of France, Spain, Portugal, Sweden and Hungary. The name did not become common in Britain until the 17th century when it was carried by the Stuart king Charles I. It had been introduced into the Stuart royal family by Mary Queen of Scots, who had been raised in France.

There you have it, a Leo Ascendant.

(2) Optimus is similar to words such as optimum and optimal, obviously relating to that which is best, and I believe the word "opitmus" has some sort of aristocratic signification to it because it stems from the title Jupiter Optimus Maximus, the most important temple in Rome during the city's prominence. The title means: "Jupiter is the best and greatest." This leads to two sings: Sagittarius and Pisces

(3) You gave no additional hints to allow for a differentiation of the two zodiacal signs. But in modern rulership, Pisces is ruled by Neptune. Also, you have a lot of fire in you, which I could tell by your previous posting, especially in regard to your efforts at the gym. You also have the avatar of a Lion, also signifying your affinity to the element of fire.

Is this correct?

This part is most impressive and correct, Optimus is the name of Jupiter, ruler of my Sun Sign.

Cypocryphy

It is in fact the Latin form of the name Charles, closely linked to the meaning "king". There you have it, a Leo Ascendant.

Argh! I knew I should have paid more attention to your avatar. I don't think you would have made it your avatar if it were merely your Moon sign. If you were an Eastern astrologer, then maybe, but . . . . oh well.

I think Charles came to mean "king" because of Charlemagne. Originally, it was a Germanic name (Karl) and meant "man."

Anyway, I shall settle for 50 percent correct. :joyful:

dioskouris

Account Closed
"Dioskouris" is a personal stylized spelling of the Greek "Dioscuri/Dioskouroi" -- "Sons of Zeus" or "God's Sons" (Dios and kouros (boys)). These sons are Castor and Pollux, who in Roman mythology are the twins "Gemini", my Sun sign.

Last edited:

greybeard

Well, by golly....

I didn't pick my name because it sounds like the name of a general from Space Wars, although I think there was a pirate named Blackbeard and there might have been a corporal named Grey. But I don't think he had a beard.

And I didn't pick the name because I smoked some ganga...at least I don't remember smoking any.

And I don't like black cats (the picture looks like a tabby) or calico cats, or even gingham dogs...so Pet Lover or Feline Fancier was out...although this forum sometimes reminds me of the gingham dog and the calico cat, who side by side on the table sat....But that's a long and bloody story. Rats! They fought the dogs and killed the cats.

I thought of using Leo Ledbetter, but then I realized that dyslexic guy would probably make a mess of it, and happily, I am not incontinent. So I jettisoned that one.

I shouldn't smoke so much of that ganga. I can't remember...What was the question?

akshat005

My astrology screen name is akshat005 that made by my name and date of birth. I used it mostly on my broad and sites that I used to search.

Jesse Booth

I came up with my screen name by switching the first letter of my last name with the last letter of my first name, then switching them back to their original places. Bet you guys never would've guessed I did that!

Flapjacks

Jesse Booth you had me going there. And greybeard that was a delightful non-answer.

I picked this name because it's fun to say, and it amuses me to use a mundane-but-still-uncommon word as a username, instead of one fraught with meaning and sentiment, or completely uninspired like johndoebirthyear, because no one expects that, right?

Actually it's the first word that popped into my head when I signed up. :whistling:

CuriousCat

Flapjacks, your screen name always makes me hungry! Good thing your avatar does not feature a plate of flapjacks; one of my favorite foods! I'd end up ravenous every time I'd read your posts!

FindMeInTheStars

I want to see what the stars have to say about me plus it reminded me of the title of John Green's book The Fault In Our Stars and the quote from the book, "My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations."

Blaze

Account Closed
Blaze? It's basically who I am! I'm very fiery and passionate about everything I do, So blaze is perfect for me. :wink:

CuteCap

well a while ago me and my boyfriend wanted matching usernames with the same letter. So i made my name CuteCap (cap because i'm a capricorn and he says i'm cute all the time but cute was mostly because it goes with cap). but most of the credit goes to him because he's the one that came up with the idea to have matching names and we thought long and hard about what my new username should be. and he is CaringCrab because he is a cancer and is caring like a wittle crab. :D

Osamenor

Staff member
My screen name is a constellation, though not of the zodiac. It's the Spanish name for the Little Dipper. In Spanish, the big and little dippers are Osa Mayor and Osa Menor--Older Bear and Younger Bear. And they're osas, not osos, so they're specifically female bears, not male bears and not just plain bears with no gender specified. The Latin name for those constellations is essentially the same--Ursa Major and Ursa Minor--and the idea that those constellations are bears is found worldwide. There are plenty of Native American stories about the big and little bear in the sky, predating European contact.

While Ursa Minor would have probably done just as well, I prefer to use the Spanish name for a couple of reasons: minor sounds like trivial, of lesser importance, and Latin sounds stuffy to me, but Spanish is a warm and friendly language, and menor doesn't sound like anything unimportant, it's simply the Spanish word for younger.

What that has to do with me... long story. I relate it to my sun sign's archetype, and if you don't want to read the whole thing, feel free to stop here.....

The first astrology book I read through and actually absorbed was Steven Forrest's "The Inner Sky." He suggests getting a quick read on a birth chart by identifying the archetypes of the sun, moon, and rising signs. The birth chart's owner is the archetype of their sun sign, with the soul of their moon sign's archetype, wearing the mask of their rising sign's archetype. Each sign has several possible archetypes, so it's not a case of one size fits all.

For Leo, my sun sign, the archetype I identify with most is the Child. People have called me young spirited and playful, and I'm always told I look at least ten years younger than I am, so that fits. Plus, I'm definitely curious about things, have lots of the "wide eyed wonder attitude" (also in keeping with my Sagittarius moon--soul of the student or gypsy!).

Forrest also suggests the Clown, the Performer, and the King or Queen as Leo archetypes. Clown and Performer don't resonate with me at all, so I just chucked those, but Queen... maybe. It doesn't feel like what I am now. But it does feel like what I could become. And sun sign doesn't just indicate who you are, it also indicates who you need to become. And my sun is in the eighth house, house of transformation, so right there, it seems like I have an imperative to transform over the course of my life. I'm not just the Child, I'm the Child growing into the Queen.

The younger bear is also the Child growing into the Queen... if we shift the archetype a bit so that the Queen is Mother Bear and the Child is Daughter Bear. In the real world, daughter bears grow up to be mother bears, and it happens while they sleep. Bears give birth during winter hibernation. So a young female bear enters her den as a girl, not a mother, and wakes up transformed into Mother Bear.

I'm Osamenor now because I sense that I'm still the younger bear. Maybe when I'm an old lady, I can call myself Osa Mayor.

theoddone

I am weird and odd...not many socially awkward pot smoking metalheads with a love for horror/fantasy, occult subjects and learning around. I'm also a dork. :p

CapAquaPis

I have an interest in astrology for a long time: tropical and sidereal, and with my b-date on Feb. 15, I noticed Aquarius began to feel Piscean and in sidereal, the sun enters Aquarius from Capricorn. My SN Cap(ricorn)+Aqua(rius)+Pis(ces) = my triplicity of what my Sun sign should be. Aquarius moon (double the Aquarian power) and Cancer ascendant too, but I'm more watery with a crab, sea-goat and a fish on my sides.