Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Predictive Astrology

Predictive Astrology This is the place to discuss the astrology of the past, present, and future. Includes eclipses, transits, progressions, planetary returns.

Unread 01-25-2012, 09:16 PM

predicting happiness and sadness

what are the aspects and planets of happiness and sadness ?

how do you predict happiness and sadness with transits and progessions?

Unread 01-25-2012, 10:03 PM

Re: predicting happiness and sadness

I don't think there is a one-size-fits-all answer. So much depends on your natal chart.

Generally, trines and sextiles are easy-going, while squares, oppositions, and conjunctions involving outer planets can be difficult.

Saturn in a chart often shows where and how someone feels inadequate. Neptune kind of erases what it touches, which can be one's positive feelings. For example, Saturn opposite sun or Neptune square sun can indicate low self-confidence.

Jupiter indicates how one feels faith in the universe to support you; optimism, and luck.

Of course, if somebody's dog just got run over by a truck, she is going to feel sad about it; but this is a one-off event (which may have a transit associated with it) vs. people whose sadness is more like clinical depression.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:35 AM

Oftentimes use of the Lot of Happiness will give hints: formula = ascendant+jupiter-sun; the house it falls in, the sign it is in, the dispositor (ruler) of that sign, aspects to the Lot, aspects involving the Lots sign dispositor (planetary ruler), will help to give hints/indications regarding happiness, and by inference, sorrow as well.
Unread 02-03-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
Oftentimes use of the Lot of Happiness will give hints: formula = ascendant+jupiter-sun; the house it falls in, the sign it is in, the dispositor (ruler) of that sign, aspects to the Lot, aspects involving the Lots sign dispositor (planetary ruler), will help to give hints/indications regarding happiness, and by inference, sorrow as well.
could you say what aspects to the lot are happiness or sorrow?
do you look at transits or progression? what progression?

I don't think there is a one-size-fits-all answer. So much depends on your natal chart.

Quote:
Generally, trines and sextiles are easy-going, while squares, oppositions, and conjunctions involving outer planets can be difficult.

Saturn in a chart often shows where and how someone feels inadequate. Neptune kind of erases what it touches, which can be one's positive feelings. For example, Saturn opposite sun or Neptune square sun can indicate low self-confidence.

Jupiter indicates how one feels faith in the universe to support you; optimism, and luck.

Of course, if somebody's dog just got run over by a truck, she is going to feel sad about it; but this is a one-off event (which may have a transit associated with it) vs. people whose sadness is more like clinical depression.
could you say what aspects to the planets predict happiness or sorrow?
Unread 02-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinthrussfed View Post
what are the aspects and planets of happiness and sadness ?

how do you predict happiness and sadness with transits and progessions?

quick answer? happiness - jupiter and trines, sadness - saturn and squares/oppositions.

transit and prog data that highlight jupiter - happiness and those that highlight saturn - sadness...

this is a very crude way to think of astrology, but as long as you are only trying to build a little rock wall, as opposed to making the Eiffel tower, it can get ya going...

when you want to really figure it out, you have to figure out how these planets operate in your chart... they can actually do the opposite to what i have said.. saturn can bring real happiness and jupiter can bring disappointment based on one's over confidence... you have to know how it all ties together in a chart that it is much more complicated then this simple way i am suggesting..
Unread 02-04-2012, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinthrussfed View Post
could you say what aspects to the lot are happiness or sorrow?
do you look at transits or progression? what progression?

could you say what aspects to the planets predict happiness or sorrow?
Generally trines and sextiles are in the "happy pile." Venus and Jupiter conjunctions, ditto. Saturn or Pluto? Not so much.

And these aspects should be felt in natal placements as well as transits and progressions. However a Venus transit goes by quickly and may mean simply you've had a nice day. A Saturn aspect would take longer.

But is there a specific chart you wish to discuss? Otherwise it is hard to give you more than generalities. If you are just learning astrology, you are probably better off just grasping the basics now.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 02-04-2012, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Is that lot reversed in a nocturnal chart, dr. farr?
Unread 02-04-2012, 04:27 AM

Yes it is reversed in a nocturnal chart.
Unread 02-04-2012, 04:38 AM

In evaluating the ramifications upon the Lot of Happiness you consider:

-whether the house the Lot falls in is angular (+), succedent (neutral), cadent (-)
-ANY and ALL planets in the SAME SIGN the Lot is in (consider them ALL to be conjunct with eachother and with the Lot; look at the nature of the planet/s, their condition in the sign, house, and the meaning of their conjunctions-we call such conjunctions "sign conjunctions")
-close degree squares and oppositions afflict the Lot as per the nature and affinities of the planet or planets where these lines of influence originate
-close degree trines and sextiles support and enhance the Lot as per the nature and affinities of the planet or planets making such aspects
-planets moving toward the Lot are bringing their qualities to bear on the Lot; planets moving away from the Lot are withdrawing their qualities from the Lot
-the condition of the planet dispositing the Lot will also contribute either + or - influences to the Lot, depending upon the condition (dignity/debility, etc) of the dispositing planet
-progression to exact (1 degree) conjunction to the Lot temporarily bring the qualities of the conjuncting planet to the forefront regarding the Lot, both + and - qualities, during that period of progressed conjuncting time
-transits to the Lot are (in my opinion) a more complex issue which I won't go into at this time

...and of course, the issue of happiness is dependant upon-like all things-the totality of chart testimonies, blended together: definitely one size does NOT fit all, each chart is its own unique signature, and there are no simple answers.
Unread 02-08-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
In evaluating the ramifications upon the Lot of Happiness you consider:

-whether the house the Lot falls in is angular (+), succedent (neutral), cadent (-)
-ANY and ALL planets in the SAME SIGN the Lot is in (consider them ALL to be conjunct with eachother and with the Lot; look at the nature of the planet/s, their condition in the sign, house, and the meaning of their conjunctions-we call such conjunctions "sign conjunctions")
-close degree squares and oppositions afflict the Lot as per the nature and affinities of the planet or planets where these lines of influence originate
-close degree trines and sextiles support and enhance the Lot as per the nature and affinities of the planet or planets making such aspects
-planets moving toward the Lot are bringing their qualities to bear on the Lot; planets moving away from the Lot are withdrawing their qualities from the Lot
-the condition of the planet dispositing the Lot will also contribute either + or - influences to the Lot, depending upon the condition (dignity/debility, etc) of the dispositing planet
-progression to exact (1 degree) conjunction to the Lot temporarily bring the qualities of the conjuncting planet to the forefront regarding the Lot, both + and - qualities, during that period of progressed conjuncting time
-transits to the Lot are (in my opinion) a more complex issue which I won't go into at this time

...and of course, the issue of happiness is dependant upon-like all things-the totality of chart testimonies, blended together: definitely one size does NOT fit all, each chart is its own unique signature, and there are no simple answers.
what does reverse in a nocturnal chart mean? what is a nocturnal chart?

is saturn, pluto or SN conjunct the lot bad? is jupiter opposition the lot bad?
is jupiter opposition the lot from 1st to 7th same as from 6th to 12th?

are transits to the lot temporarily bring the qualities or permanently?

Quote:
when you want to really figure it out, you have to figure out how these planets operate in your chart... they can actually do the opposite to what i have said.. saturn can bring real happiness and jupiter can bring disappointment based on one's over confidence... you have to know how it all ties together in a chart that it is much more complicated then this simple way i am suggesting..
how saturn can bring real happiness? what aspect?

Quote:
Generally trines and sextiles are in the "happy pile." Venus and Jupiter conjunctions, ditto. Saturn or Pluto? Not so much.

And these aspects should be felt in natal placements as well as transits and progressions. However a Venus transit goes by quickly and may mean simply you've had a nice day. A Saturn aspect would take longer.

But is there a specific chart you wish to discuss? Otherwise it is hard to give you more than generalities. If you are just learning astrology, you are probably better off just grasping the basics now.
if someone chart has saturn and pluto square,opposition,conjunction they are sad?

J.K. Rowling had depression but now she is happy. her chart
http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Rowling,_J._K.
how do you all see she was depressed but now she is happy with natal,transits,progression?

Last edited by sprinthrussfed; 02-08-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Unread 02-08-2012, 07:02 PM

It appears that JKR has Saturn opposite her moon, moon conjunct Pluto, and these planets are involved in a T-square with Jupiter. She also has Neptune square sun, which can be pretty hard on one's ego. Good for her that she has made such an amazing life out of what I think is a difficult chart.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Unread 02-08-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
It appears that JKR has Saturn opposite her moon, moon conjunct Pluto, and these planets are involved in a T-square with Jupiter. She also has Neptune square sun, which can be pretty hard on one's ego. Good for her that she has made such an amazing life out of what I think is a difficult chart.
she is happy now, how did it change?
Unread 02-08-2012, 07:22 PM

You would have to look at her progressions, and probably transits. For example, a faster-moving planet can move off an opposition to a slow-moving planet to make a happier trine with it. Also, she's got kind of a 'bucket" formation, with Saturn as the "handle." Saturn is a very important planet for her. Although it can show where and how we feel frustrated and inadequate, it teaches lessons of persevearance and hard work. He tends to reward his good "students" later in life.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Unread 02-08-2012, 07:27 PM

what progression and transits in her chart ?
Unread 02-08-2012, 09:05 PM

You'll have to look them up yourself. Or maybe someone else on this thread would be interested in doing so.

If you aren't familiar with them, you might wish to do some homework. A good book is Steven Forrest, The Changing Sky; or Robert Hand, Planets in Transit.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Unread 02-13-2012, 07:29 PM

more opinions? how do you predict happiness and sadness?
Unread 03-30-2012, 03:39 PM

Send a message via MSN to franklin taylor Send a message via Yahoo to franklin taylor

Apart from the cliches like "happiness is an inside job" or "we are only as deeply unhappy as our highest expectations of others" One needs to look at the planets in their signs and their aspects to one another. For example, Moon squaring Saturn can give a deep seated sense of pessimism in what house (area of life) they are aspecting to one another in. As with my Moon squaring Saturn from house 2 Saturn to my house 5 Moon ..Held belief to be that these natives were severely deprived of joy in the past and they bring it into this life in order to try and reconcile it..I can be a serious kill joy if I do not conciously work at not being one..and just relax I'll admit. Its often out of fear of showing true intended feelings a symptom indicated by Saturn afflicting the Moon or even the Sun afflicted with Saturn. We hide what we truely want or want to be often enough. Happiness or sadness in almost any situation is truly a choice of attitude. We can rise above our natal charts despite what we hear often enough. Its not a death sentence. Choose happiness.
Your Natal Chart is a fated foundation in which, by and large, the house (called your life) you build upon it is strictly up to you. Fate and freewill. Do the best with what you have been given. "That which we do not confront in ourselves we will meet as fate"...Carl Jung
Unread 07-01-2012, 02:03 PM

Most people experience very fortunate circumstances or a lucky break that makes them very happy when Jupiter crosses their MC for the final time. I notice that the final pass over the degree of the MC brings the best lucky break / fortunate circumstances although when Jupiter crosses it the first 1 or 2 times there is sometimes something nice as well, especially if you maximize your effort at that time. If you natally have Jupiter in aspect to Venus and by transit Jupiter aspects your Venus, there is a good chance of something nice happening to you but you must put in some effort to maximize the returns. The same is true for Jupiter and Venus in aspect by progression.

In Solar returns I notice that when the degree on the SR ascendant is found in your natal 12th house, there is a general feeling of sadness for the year. It is a time when one spends a lot of time alone reflecting on things. However, it can be a year when one goes a lot deeper spiritually through reading books and meditating for example. I've also seen people experience both of these manifestations at the same time.

If by transit or progression three or more planets are in your 12th house at the same time, it has effects similar to that noted above. Of course, it will last for a much longer time than the one year the SR is in effect and has the potential to bring depression. There is also the potential for withdrawing from society formally (prisons, hospitals, spiritual leave to another country) and informally through disconnecting from the world mentally or through very deep meditations while remaining at home.

Samantha Samuels
www.astronumerologywisdom.com
Unread 07-01-2012, 02:31 PM

I'd use dasa periods and transits to predict these.

Worst periods in my life (that I can remember):

Moon Dasa; afflicted Moon (Saturn and Rahu), awful depression and anxiety generally, started self medicating with drugs and alcohol (Rahu), Mum started having problems, including a long stay in a mental hospital at one point.

Mars Dasa; fallen Mars; generally bad times, lots of frustrated anger, totally pissed off with the world, suffering an inability to take actions that would better my lot in life. I did get turned onto religious studies though (9th house), and was blowing off a lot of energy with weightlifting and running.

Rahu/Rahu; Terrible and suicidal; Moon/Saturn/Rahu are not nice together
Rahu/Jupiter; probably the best time of my life so far, but still not entirely a picnic
Rahu/Saturn; coming up, I'll let you know how it goes. Not looking forward to it, honestly, but it'll be directly observed astrological experience (Always look on the bright side)

Tags
happiness, predicting, sadness