Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 01-21-2019, 03:58 AM
clip11 clip11 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 210
Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

It's as if I don't have any other planets in my chart except Saturn. And it's like Saturn is always hindering and delaying everything with no end in sight. I've tried the best I can to work with it but it's like I'm not seeing any pay off and I don't want to finally only see some pay off when I'm old and gray with one foot in the grave. Will anything good happen while I still have any youth??

astro_w2gw_franklin.5986.52554.png

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 01-21-2019, 12:19 PM
miquar's Avatar
miquar miquar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North West England
Posts: 3,215
Re: Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

Hi. You'll really have to say more about how this frustration is manifesting for you if you want feedback about how this issue is shown in the chart.

It could be that your problems relate not only to Saturn, but also to Chiron. Although there are important differences in the way these functions operate, there are also similarities. And not only do these planets form an opposition right on the meridian axis - coming at you from 'above' and 'below', so to speak - it may feel like they 'gang up' on and perhaps partially crush the normally optimistic Jupiter function.

Something else that jumps out at me is that Moon conjunct Uranus in Sagittarius squaring Mars in Pisces is going to be naturally averse to the priorities of Saturn, perhaps resulting in a reluctance to befriend Saturn and thus use it creatively.

Best wishes

Miquar
__________________
True freedom and the end of suffering is living in such a way as if you had completely chosen whatever you feel or experience at this moment.

Eckhart Tolle, Stillness Speaks, page 118
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to miquar For This Useful Post:
clip11 (02-22-2019)
  #3  
Unread 01-21-2019, 03:48 PM
Amit89 Amit89 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: England
Posts: 773
Re: Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

It could be your inner blockages, you may need some time and self love with regards to this.

Saturn is the planet of structure, discipline, hard work, patience.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 01-22-2019, 09:22 AM
ardentika's Avatar
ardentika ardentika is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,054
Re: Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

It's not Saturn that you are feeling. I think its your mars that acts put esp. being on the Dec. I have that too and I'm also a Capricorn so I cant say I felt Saturn much on my sun. But its mars that makes me go angry and feel like only bad things happen to me. Plus your Saturn is on your IC so you tend to maybe have a bit of a depressive nature. I have it on my Asc haha. And mutable signs tend to be like that. I'm 24 now and I can promise you that it gets easier with each year passing. We may have hard start but it gets easier and lighter as we grow older.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 01-28-2019, 01:31 AM
clip11 clip11 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 210
Re: Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by miquar View Post
Hi. You'll really have to say more about how this frustration is manifesting for you if you want feedback about how this issue is shown in the chart.

It could be that your problems relate not only to Saturn, but also to Chiron. Although there are important differences in the way these functions operate, there are also similarities. And not only do these planets form an opposition right on the meridian axis - coming at you from 'above' and 'below', so to speak - it may feel like they 'gang up' on and perhaps partially crush the normally optimistic Jupiter function.

Something else that jumps out at me is that Moon conjunct Uranus in Sagittarius squaring Mars in Pisces is going to be naturally averse to the priorities of Saturn, perhaps resulting in a reluctance to befriend Saturn and thus use it creatively.

Best wishes

Miquar
Well how can I befriend Saturn so to speak?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 01-28-2019, 10:25 AM
miquar's Avatar
miquar miquar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North West England
Posts: 3,215
Re: Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

Please see first paragraph of my post.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 01-28-2019, 01:48 PM
thelivingsky thelivingsky is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 342
Re: Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

It's a combination of many things in your chart not just Saturn.


First your Sun is your h12 ruler, H12 being the house associated with Pisces and Neptune and so your Sun takes on some qualities that would be like an H12 Sun or Sun in Pisces. Then your Sun makes an exact conjunction to Neptune adding to the Neptunian influence.



Then you have Mars in Pisces , the sign of Neptune. And the Mars squares the Neptune. so this is two Mar/Neptune contacts. Pisces is a difficult sign for Martian energy because these two planets have such opposite motivations. I would recommend reading up on this. Sometimes the key to unlocking a positive Mars outcome of getting ahead, getting some rewards is to choose to adopt a motive of service (neptune) to the things you do (mars.)



Your Capricorn planets and Sagittarius fall in H4 which suggests a strong sense of duty around family matters. This is typical of Capricorn in general but the placement in H4 strengthens this tendency. Perhaps obligations to family will play a big role in your life. Yet wherever the Moon falls , things tend to be very fluid , changing, inconsistent and one is unable to rely on the affairs of that house.



Your chart has a tight bowl pattern with all the planets within about 120 degrees which means the areas of life will tend to merge - your family life overlaps with your work life etc. Mars and Jupiter being somewhat outliers. This Mars/Jupiter in Pisces in H7 could suggest possibility of deception by intimate partners so be on guard and strive to be completely objective, clear and honest with yourself and others to avoid any such entanglements.


With Saturn being the H5 ruler you may have difficulty in your romantic life due to some blockage around you ability to be playful, spontaneous, and lighthearted. This may mean that you have difficulty "flirting." But that Moon in Sagittarius craves some fun and playful expression somewhere in your life. Perhaps you need to learn how to play and dedicate some time or energy to something that gets you outside of yourself and helps you experience some pure joy?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 01-28-2019, 07:55 PM
clip11 clip11 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 210
Re: Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelivingsky View Post
It's a combination of many things in your chart not just Saturn.


First your Sun is your h12 ruler, H12 being the house associated with Pisces and Neptune and so your Sun takes on some qualities that would be like an H12 Sun or Sun in Pisces. Then your Sun makes an exact conjunction to Neptune adding to the Neptunian influence.



Then you have Mars in Pisces , the sign of Neptune. And the Mars squares the Neptune. so this is two Mar/Neptune contacts. Pisces is a difficult sign for Martian energy because these two planets have such opposite motivations. I would recommend reading up on this. Sometimes the key to unlocking a positive Mars outcome of getting ahead, getting some rewards is to choose to adopt a motive of service (neptune) to the things you do (mars.)



Your Capricorn planets and Sagittarius fall in H4 which suggests a strong sense of duty around family matters. This is typical of Capricorn in general but the placement in H4 strengthens this tendency. Perhaps obligations to family will play a big role in your life. Yet wherever the Moon falls , things tend to be very fluid , changing, inconsistent and one is unable to rely on the affairs of that house.



Your chart has a tight bowl pattern with all the planets within about 120 degrees which means the areas of life will tend to merge - your family life overlaps with your work life etc. Mars and Jupiter being somewhat outliers. This Mars/Jupiter in Pisces in H7 could suggest possibility of deception by intimate partners so be on guard and strive to be completely objective, clear and honest with yourself and others to avoid any such entanglements.


With Saturn being the H5 ruler you may have difficulty in your romantic life due to some blockage around you ability to be playful, spontaneous, and lighthearted. This may mean that you have difficulty "flirting." But that Moon in Sagittarius craves some fun and playful expression somewhere in your life. Perhaps you need to learn how to play and dedicate some time or energy to something that gets you outside of yourself and helps you experience some pure joy?
A few questions

1. How can I remove the blockages around my 5th house?
2. How can I activate my moon in Sagitarrius qualities
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 01-30-2019, 01:44 PM
thelivingsky thelivingsky is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 342
Re: Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

Do you feel that you are experiences problems with your H5? if so can you be a little more specific about those difficulties? Do you have trouble being spontaneous and playful? Are you having difficulty meeting people and establishing friendships? What do you do for play and recreation?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 01-30-2019, 02:25 PM
Witchyone's Avatar
Witchyone Witchyone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,374
Re: Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

May I ask in what ways you feel blocked and slowed by Saturn? I notice that you have sun conjunct Neptune, so the planet of idealism conjunct your sun in Capricorn. This could indicate that you're able to put your ideals (not just ideas, but true ideals) into practice, step by step, if you believe in yourself. A problem with the placement could be a lack of faith in your own imagination and/or spirituality. I'm also noting this is happening in the 4th house, so the opposite of where Capricorn is comfortable.

I'm also wondering if Pluto in the 2nd brings discomfort with the self, and if Mars in the 7th might indicate that you seek too much external permission and/or acknowledgement to proceed.

Last edited by Witchyone; 01-30-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 01-30-2019, 07:29 PM
clip11 clip11 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 210
Re: Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelivingsky View Post
Do you feel that you are experiences problems with your H5? if so can you be a little more specific about those difficulties? Do you have trouble being spontaneous and playful? Are you having difficulty meeting people and establishing friendships? What do you do for play and recreation?
Yep with all of those. I suffered trauma as a baby and that trauma in my nervous system has messed up the way my brain functions so it makes me have more anxiety than normal
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 01-30-2019, 07:30 PM
clip11 clip11 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 210
Re: Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post
May I ask in what ways you feel blocked and slowed by Saturn? I notice that you have sun conjunct Neptune, so the planet of idealism conjunct your sun in Capricorn. This could indicate that you're able to put your ideals (not just ideas, but true ideals) into practice, step by step, if you believe in yourself. A problem with the placement could be a lack of faith in your own imagination and/or spirituality. I'm also noting this is happening in the 4th house, so the opposite of where Capricorn is comfortable.

I'm also wondering if Pluto in the 2nd brings discomfort with the self, and if Mars in the 7th might indicate that you seek too much external permission and/or acknowledgement to proceed.
I feel blocked in my love and sex life, in my job and career opportunites and just any fun in general in life. I'm trying to change this but I have battled issues of low self esteem and caring about what others think of me.

Last edited by clip11; 01-30-2019 at 07:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 02-22-2019, 03:48 PM
clip11 clip11 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 210
Re: Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post

I'm also wondering if Pluto in the 2nd brings discomfort with the self, and if Mars in the 7th might indicate that you seek too much external permission and/or acknowledgement to proceed.
Yes with both of those but I am trying to work on those problems.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 02-23-2019, 04:20 AM
Inquisag Inquisag is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Belvider, IL
Posts: 137
Re: Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

I think it is because you have a night chart. Chris Brennan does a good job of explaining day and night charts. -video link - https://youtu.be/0nVCYidVrNI

I have a night chart and my Saturn is conjunct Mercury in the 3rd house. I had a lisp when I was young and difficult time with family members. I usually complain about Jupiter though. I see your Jupiter is below the horizon as well. Jupiter is good in a day chart, but I tend to get lesser Jupiter benefits in my night chart.

The up side is that you don't suffer the worst effects of Mars aspects. Venus is your friend. Since Venus rules the 9th house, you may be a lot better off if you move a long distance from where you were born. Venus rules your 2nd house and Pluto is there, meaning you should or will be able to afford to move. Moving away from my family helped me a lot.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inquisag For This Useful Post:
clip11 (02-23-2019)
  #15  
Unread 02-23-2019, 03:23 PM
Witchyone's Avatar
Witchyone Witchyone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,374
Re: Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
Yes with both of those but I am trying to work on those problems.
I just noticed that you have a lot of squares in your chart. Squares mean tension, which can manifest in a lot of ways, including internally as anxiety and externally as tension with other people. I think someone earlier mentioned that the Mars squares are probably difficult. It seems to me that you have an opportunity with that Jupiter in the 6th square Saturn in the 3rd to improve your overall life situation by focusing on a healthy daily routine to calm the mind and body. Is that something you already do?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Witchyone For This Useful Post:
clip11 (02-23-2019)
  #16  
Unread 02-23-2019, 03:49 PM
clip11 clip11 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 210
Re: Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post
It seems to me that you have an opportunity with that Jupiter in the 6th square Saturn in the 3rd to improve your overall life situation by focusing on a healthy daily routine to calm the mind and body. Is that something you already do?
I do meditation
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 02-23-2019, 03:51 PM
clip11 clip11 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 210
Re: Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisag View Post
I think it is because you have a night chart. Chris Brennan does a good job of explaining day and night charts. -video link - https://youtu.be/0nVCYidVrNI

I have a night chart and my Saturn is conjunct Mercury in the 3rd house. I had a lisp when I was young and difficult time with family members. I usually complain about Jupiter though. I see your Jupiter is below the horizon as well. Jupiter is good in a day chart, but I tend to get lesser Jupiter benefits in my night chart.

The up side is that you don't suffer the worst effects of Mars aspects. Venus is your friend. Since Venus rules the 9th house, you may be a lot better off if you move a long distance from where you were born. Venus rules your 2nd house and Pluto is there, meaning you should or will be able to afford to move. Moving away from my family helped me a lot.
A few years ago I did move away for what I thought would be a new career, but due to me having undiagnosed ADD it didn't work out and I lost it so I ended up having to move back.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 02-23-2019, 04:13 PM
Witchyone's Avatar
Witchyone Witchyone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,374
Re: Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
I do meditation
That's good. I'm thinking of exercise and diet too, sleeping enough, not using too many substances or drinking too much... I know it sounds boring, and this advice applies to everyone, but with Jupiter in the 6th and the birth you described, I think it could be extra important for you. Yoga has taught me that there is not a separation between mind and body as we often think; they're completely linked. If my chest and solar plexus are tight, for example, I can't think clearly. If my hamstrings are tight, my back hurts, and that makes me feel grumpy. On and on it goes.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Witchyone For This Useful Post:
clip11 (02-23-2019)
  #19  
Unread 02-23-2019, 07:27 PM
clip11 clip11 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 210
Re: Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post
That's good. I'm thinking of exercise and diet too, sleeping enough, not using too many substances or drinking too much... I know it sounds boring, and this advice applies to everyone, but with Jupiter in the 6th and the birth you described, I think it could be extra important for you. Yoga has taught me that there is not a separation between mind and body as we often think; they're completely linked. If my chest and solar plexus are tight, for example, I can't think clearly. If my hamstrings are tight, my back hurts, and that makes me feel grumpy. On and on it goes.
I exercise too. I only drink socially.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 02-23-2019, 07:28 PM
clip11 clip11 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 210
Re: Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post
I just noticed that you have a lot of squares in your chart. Squares mean tension, which can manifest in a lot of ways, including internally as anxiety and externally as tension with other people. I think someone earlier mentioned that the Mars squares are probably difficult. It seems to me that you have an opportunity with that Jupiter in the 6th square Saturn in the 3rd to improve your overall life situation by focusing on a healthy daily routine to calm the mind and body. Is that something you already do?
Now I have Saturn in the 3rd but also Venus in the 3rd. How would those 2 work together?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 02-24-2019, 01:55 PM
Witchyone's Avatar
Witchyone Witchyone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,374
Re: Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
Now I have Saturn in the 3rd but also Venus in the 3rd. How would those 2 work together?
That's beyond my chart reading ability. I'd have to look up the parts, then try to guess. How would you say you react to real or perceived failure?

It's really good you're doing all those things to stay healthy. It's a bummer that I couldn't tell you something more useful.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Witchyone For This Useful Post:
clip11 (02-24-2019)
  #22  
Unread 02-24-2019, 02:09 PM
Gemini888's Avatar
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,544
Re: Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post
That's beyond my chart reading ability. I'd have to look up the parts, then try to guess. How would you say you react to real or perceived failure?
I'm going to toss my chip and say he likes to communicate, but at the same time suffers from a fear of saying the wrong thing.


However, his Saturn is closely conj the IC. His insecurity could be less about communication but more about his home.
__________________
A birth chart is like a check board. Improve your position and you'll win.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemini888 For This Useful Post:
clip11 (02-24-2019), Witchyone (02-24-2019)
  #23  
Unread 02-24-2019, 06:22 PM
clip11 clip11 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 210
Re: Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post
How would you say you react to real or perceived failure?
Traditionally, I have always had a fear of failure if I'm being honest. Like a fear of saying or doing the wrong thing or looking stupid. It's something I'm trying to change. But worst case scenarios are the first thing that come to mind.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 02-24-2019, 06:23 PM
clip11 clip11 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 210
Re: Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
I'm going to toss my chip and say he likes to communicate, but at the same time suffers from a fear of saying the wrong thing.

Yeah this describes it.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 02-25-2019, 06:19 PM
Witchyone's Avatar
Witchyone Witchyone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,374
Re: Why does it seem like I always get the negative effects of Saturn and Capricorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
Traditionally, I have always had a fear of failure if I'm being honest. Like a fear of saying or doing the wrong thing or looking stupid. It's something I'm trying to change. But worst case scenarios are the first thing that come to mind.
Me too. My Saturn is a punisher in my chart too, although differently. Have you read about Jupiter square Saturn? It seems there are no shortcuts with it, but there are payoffs. As for when and if you'll still be young, I don't know, and I guess it depends on your definition of youth.

https://astrologyking.com/jupiter-square-saturn/

P.S. I sense that you more often than not know more than your critics and those you fear by now. If that's not the case, if you've been acting egotistically, never mind. But if you've been absorbing every bit of criticism all your life, as I suspect, you're probably a harsher critic than them by now.

Last edited by Witchyone; 02-25-2019 at 06:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
capricorn, effects, negative, saturn

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.