Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Houses & cusps

Houses & cusps For discussions on houses and house cusps (i.e. planets on angles, house stelliums and so on)

Unread 02-12-2011, 06:09 AM

Sex Partners

I know the 7th house represents partners, but do we look towards the 5th or 8th house to see sex partners?

I'm not talking about girlfriends. This is strictly people you fornicate with.

I've read different things about the 5th and 8th. Some say 5th is about sex, others say 8th is.

Unread 02-12-2011, 06:25 AM

Re: Sex Partners

I believe traditionally it would be the 5th house, but modern astrologers use the 8th house.

Though I tend to follow the modern way, I'd put casual sexual encounters in the 5th house, as it's a pleasure thing (or one would hope so, at least). The 8th house is Scorpio's house. Scorpio is too deep for that. Sex which involves transformation, healing and a deep connection that goes beyond the physical would belong in the 8th house, though.
Unread 02-12-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittermoon View Post
I believe traditionally it would be the 5th house, but modern astrologers use the 8th house.

Though I tend to follow the modern way, I'd put casual sexual encounters in the 5th house, as it's a pleasure thing (or one would hope so, at least). The 8th house is Scorpio's house. Scorpio is too deep for that. Sex which involves transformation, healing and a deep connection that goes beyond the physical would belong in the 8th house, though.
I see your idea behind why the 8th house is about more serious sex. It's the 2nd house from the 7th house of partnerships.

My 5th house cusp on Sagittarius. The "Saggittarian" types are always just fun and games over here.

7th house cusp is on Aquarius. My close friends and the like have always had a significant Aquarian placement.

The "Saggittarian" types have always been the most fun, but I never took them seriously.
Unread 02-14-2011, 01:50 AM

hmm, I have sun and venus in taurus in 5th but no planets in 7th or 8th. are you saying that 5th house partnerships/relationships are relegated to being superficial (in the sense that they primarily serve to appease physical senses) and not grounded in substance or are not as long lasting as say the transformative/deeper connections of 7th & 8th?
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro-my chart.gif (50.7 KB, 3 views)
Unread 02-14-2011, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren View Post
hmm, I have sun and venus in taurus in 5th but no planets in 7th or 8th. are you saying that 5th house partnerships/relationships are relegated to being superficial (in the sense that they primarily serve to appease physical senses) and not grounded in substance or are not as long lasting as say the transformative/deeper connections of 7th & 8th?
I always thought of the 5th house as dating. You have go on a "date" or two, have sex a few times, and then decide whether you want a "relationship" or not with her.

Last edited by LeadLeftHand; 02-14-2011 at 03:24 AM.
Unread 02-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadLeftHand View Post
I know the 7th house represents partners, but do we look towards the 5th or 8th house to see sex partners?

I'm not talking about girlfriends. This is strictly people you fornicate with.

I've read different things about the 5th and 8th. Some say 5th is about sex, others say 8th is.
Modern astrologers use 8th house

The Eighth House - conception
The eighth house covers sex, death, and other people's resources. Most beginning astrologers question how these areas of life are related, and the explanation offers insight into some of life's most intriguing activities. The lives of others impact our lives on a moment-to-moment basis. Every human interaction engages the mental, emotional, material or spiritual resources of at least one other person. Sexual response and sexual expression form a fundamental area for us to cultivate the spiritual connection with others through the physical connection.”
http://www.llewellyn.com/encyclopedia/article/130
“deepest fears, obsessions, denied dreams, ability to love and care for children, sexual hang ups, obsession/relationship with money, need to exploit others, length and breadth of vanity, secret desire to rule the world, {Or at least, your world and everyone in it} and every religious neurotic tendency you could ever invent, relate to, dispose or crave. According to traditional astrology the 8th house is the precarious domain of sex, death and money. But, it has been my experience that the 8th house goes much deeper than these obvious realities”
http://www.articlesbase.com/astrology-articles/face-the-boogey-man-your-incessant-spectator-mind-and-how-it-works-8th-house-deal-949018.html
“One way to read a birth chart is to start with the Eighth House, where conception begins. During the nine months of pregnancy, the cycle travels from the beginning of the Eighth House to the ascendant, which represents the moment of birth, the baby's first breath”
http://www2.canada.com/topics/lifestyle/astrology/health/pregnancy/index.html

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25500
Unread 02-21-2011, 03:42 PM

The 5th house represents what you 'love'...desire in more ways than sex.
The 11th house is socializing and may include dating.
SEX is 8th house....Pluto's house.
No contest.
LIN

Tags
partners