Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.

Unread 08-23-2009, 09:52 AM

Re: Venus conjunct Mars and Attractiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlink View Post
My Venus-Mars conjunction is in Aries and in the 5th house, like Cassandra's. My Asc. is Scorpio (traditionally ruled by Mars) and Venus (ruler of my Sun) trines Pluto.
I may sound a bit, well, I dont know what you would call it really, proud maybe? but I started out being an ugly duckling as a child, then at 18 years old, lost puppy fat and instantly became attractive to the opposite sex.

This only got better and better, I was a model at some time, even made it to the frontpage of a magazine once. Men seem to be very attracted to me, no matter what age!! I had friends of my teenage son telling me : wow mrs. ..... you look sexy!! Imagine, Cheeky boy!! Now, 20 years later he is one of the most handsome looking young men I have ever seen! Too bad this age /generation difference.....
I have had lovers 15 years younger than myself when i was 50. Now I will be 62 and even with the wrinkles and what not, men are still interested. I however, feel increasingly less attractive now that I am getting older and gaining the ever so difficult to get rid off weight!!
Yes, my Venus-Mars conjunction has done it for me, but I also think that my Ascendant helped a lot.
I hear you!

I have Venus conjunct Mars in Libra in the 8th conjunct Neptune which is supposed to give charisma and sex appeal. That is for others to say but I have had a lot of men interested in me when younger. Both younger and older..... Now that I am in my sixties and cant lose the weight either, at least some of it is in pleasing places and although I am not interested in romance or sex these days, I still have some who are interested in me or would be if I gave them the chance. THe ascendant ruler is also Neptune in Libra and I think that also adds to it all.

Unread 08-23-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko senshi View Post
I know two men with Venus conjunct Mars, both in Aries.
The first is my dad's friend. He was very wild when he was young and has never had trouble attracting women, even though he can be abrasive and isn't super-handsome. The other is a friend more around my age. He was also wild when younger, and has had no trouble attracting women (or men for that matter!) He can also be abrasive and isn't spectacularly good-looking. There is a charisma thing here.
Probably they have a strong masculine quality and are brave and like to take the risks. What is handsome to one is not to another and attraction is a personal thing. THe Aries influenced men like the thrill of the chase but can be impulsive and impatient.
Unread 08-23-2009, 07:13 PM

You are right about the being brave and taking risks. I wouldn't say either of them has a strong masculinity, though, especially my bi friend. They both have Sun in Pisces. Weird that I know two men with all that in common.
Unread 11-18-2010, 11:38 AM

I have mars conjunct Venus and I am a super girly-girl. My mars is also conjunct Pluto. My Venus (conjunct Uranus) is aspected 7 times 4 times harmoniously. I was an ugly duckling who blossomed. I also have problems with jealousy from other women. Not that I think i am amazing or anything, but it seems like women hate me for no reason all the time. I also agree that this aspect makes both men and women attracted to you.

Last edited by glitterandlace; 11-22-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Unread 11-20-2010, 05:25 AM

I have Venus conjunct Mars in Gemini in the 2nd house. It sounds arrogant to say, "Yes, I'm hot," but I do feel like the conjunction gives you a breezy, sexual confidence. The Gemini makes me a flirt. But I also have Taurus Sun, Taurus Rising, Moon in Scorpio and Venus and Mars Square Pluto. Let's just say, I think about sex A LOT. Can anyone relate?

"At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidescope of new possibilites."
Jean Houston

“Nobody
sees a flower really; it is so small. We haven't time, and to see takes time - like to have a friend takes time.” - Georgia O'Keefe

my chart:
http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/...t=maxchart.gif
Unread 11-22-2010, 10:37 AM

Adrianastrologer I can relate kinda. Well my mom was pretty slutty and non-role-model when I grew up. So I thought sex was dirty and unclassy for most of my life. I almost became a nun. Instead I saved my self for marriage. My ex husband was a ******* who verbally and emotionally abused me. Now my fiancee the second guy I have ever slept with (I am 32) is helping me open and and find my sexuality. Now with him I am beginning to feel all the repressed stuff and I am like a lioness in the bedroom..... But yes this aspect promotes attractiveness. I have always had problems with stalkers. Anyone else with this aspect been stalked before?
Unread 11-23-2010, 03:38 AM

Glitterandlace,

That's interesting, especially about the stalkers....I'd be fascinated to hear what others say about this. Glad to hear you're healing sexually with someone who loves you, and having a good time!

In terms of the stalkers - I was just rereading your previous post - and I think there may be something there with your Mars conjunction Pluto and your Venus/Uranus. I'm reading a book right now that's talking about that and I haven't read far enough to really say very much, but I know that those are two very powerful placements, especially the Mars/Pluto relationship.

I'm thinking, especially about the sexual attraction from men and women, that something deeper than "attraction" is going on. It may be that with these placements, people project their own sexual fears and anxieties onto you, or your sexual power forces them to deal with their own repression. They then project onto you the attachment/primal sexual rage/powerlessness that they feel about their own sex lives and choices. You then become the incarnation of their sexual fear and what they won't deal with. They stalk you because you become the "keeper" of their sexual power.

I don't know where the hell I'm getting all that, but it feels like something is there. I guess the projection stuff rings true for me as a gay man who often has to deal with other men's sexual fear and projection, where they have to make me a "sissy" to avoid dealing with their own repressed femininity and attraction to men.

"At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidescope of new possibilites."
Jean Houston

“Nobody
sees a flower really; it is so small. We haven't time, and to see takes time - like to have a friend takes time.” - Georgia O'Keefe

my chart:

Last edited by adrianastrologer; 11-23-2010 at 03:50 AM.
Unread 11-23-2010, 04:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to MSO Send a message via Yahoo to MSO

I know a woman with Mars conjunct Venus in Libra and she's very attractive.

Of course she's a Leo and my Venus is in Leo :P
Sequestra says "he's quite nuts"
Unread 11-23-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianastrologer View Post
Glitterandlace,

That's interesting, especially about the stalkers....I'd be fascinated to hear what others say about this. Glad to hear you're healing sexually with someone who loves you, and having a good time!

In terms of the stalkers - I was just rereading your previous post - and I think there may be something there with your Mars conjunction Pluto and your Venus/Uranus. I'm reading a book right now that's talking about that and I haven't read far enough to really say very much, but I know that those are two very powerful placements, especially the Mars/Pluto relationship.

I'm thinking, especially about the sexual attraction from men and women, that something deeper than "attraction" is going on. It may be that with these placements, people project their own sexual fears and anxieties onto you, or your sexual power forces them to deal with their own repression. They then project onto you the attachment/primal sexual rage/powerlessness that they feel about their own sex lives and choices. You then become the incarnation of their sexual fear and what they won't deal with. They stalk you because you become the "keeper" of their sexual power.

I don't know where the hell I'm getting all that, but it feels like something is there. I guess the projection stuff rings true for me as a gay man who often has to deal with other men's sexual fear and projection, where they have to make me a "sissy" to avoid dealing with their own repressed femininity and attraction to men.
I have been looking for some good astrology books. The ones at Barnes and Nobles just don't cut it. Do you recommend any? I need to learn further than the basics. I had an ex husband he was homo phobic so I know how some men can be. =-( The people who stalk me are always creepy looking too. I used to always say if a cute guy stalked me maybe I wouldn't mind so much. My boyfriend has Mars conjunct Venus too. His Venus is also conjunct Pluto. Those two placements make men very feminine. People always think he is gay. I don't have typical Venus Uranus behavior. Maybe the other conjunctions you think?
Unread 11-23-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effie View Post
I am wondering what is superior: the Venus-Mars conjunction, or the Sun-Venus conjunction when it comes to looks?

My personal experience tells me that Venus-Mars conjunction makes you feel very-very sexy and attractive to the opposite sex for obvious reasons, while the Sun-Venus conjunction makes someone beautiful by objective standards (i.e., everyone accepts and tells that the person is beautiful even if they are not attracted to him or her).

The Venus-Mars conjunction gives a lot of personal confidence and cockiness too.

The SR year the my sun conjuncted my venus, I felt super beautiful and everyone was saying that. I wish I had this aspect in my natal where I do have the mars-venus-mc very tight conjunction in gemini opposing neptune right on the ic.

I have a sun-venus conjunction...but I've always been confused about my appearance/attractiveness...I've always been told I was good-looking from the time I was a child, mostly from older people or my mom's friends for instance, but I could never believe it because of the fact it was coming from them, lol. Only when I was finally confronted by an ex about my self-esteem issues would I start being less hard on myself.

Is it true a sun-venus conjunction is just as good as a venus-mars conjunction? I was starting to get jealous of you all in this thread, lol.

I'm attaching my chart...what should I be looking for/at with regards to attractiveness or lack there of? I know I have a sag rising which is good I think, but I have jupiter and neptune in capricorn in house 1, and uranus conjunct my ascendent...

update...just read all the way up, stalking's not so cool, so I guess venus-mars conjunct isnt something to be totally jealous of...but it's clear you guys attract things with this placement...
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro-my chart.gif (50.7 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Oren; 11-23-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Unread 11-23-2010, 03:33 PM

I have mars conjunct venus and moon (wide orb) in virgo. I think Im medium attractive... Maybe not the best confidence in the world, due to the virgo sign:/

There is a guy I know with this aspect. Not many think hes attractive...

I know Hitler had this aspect. Cant say he had the looks of a model exactly... Perhaps it makes one intense too??
Unread 11-24-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabondgirl View Post
I have mars conjunct venus and moon (wide orb) in virgo. I think Im medium attractive... Maybe not the best confidence in the world, due to the virgo sign:/

There is a guy I know with this aspect. Not many think hes attractive...

I know Hitler had this aspect. Cant say he had the looks of a model exactly... Perhaps it makes one intense too??
This aspect doesn't mean the typical attractiveness that Venus conjunct ascendant or Venus Conjunct Sun would give. It basically means like a sex appeal. People will find you sexy not necessarily, model type material. I know I have thought average looking people were sexy before. Sometimes people just have a little something something, you know?
Unread 11-24-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren View Post
I have a sun-venus conjunction...but I've always been confused about my appearance/attractiveness...I've always been told I was good-looking from the time I was a child, mostly from older people or my mom's friends for instance, but I could never believe it because of the fact it was coming from them, lol. Only when I was finally confronted by an ex about my self-esteem issues would I start being less hard on myself.

Is it true a sun-venus conjunction is just as good as a venus-mars conjunction? I was starting to get jealous of you all in this thread, lol.

I'm attaching my chart...what should I be looking for/at with regards to attractiveness or lack there of? I know I have a sag rising which is good I think, but I have jupiter and neptune in capricorn in house 1, and uranus conjunct my ascendent...

update...just read all the way up, stalking's not so cool, so I guess venus-mars conjunct isnt something to be totally jealous of...but it's clear you guys attract things with this placement...
For sure girl. I read some where that Uranus conjunct Sun, Venus or ascendant makes you attractive. I also heard that the more planets you have in the 1st the more charismatic you were. Hope someone corrects me if I am wrong......................
Unread 11-24-2010, 02:23 PM

I'm reading a book right now which suggests that Venus conjunction Mars basically means that there is a balance between your desire to assert your individuality (Mars) and your desire to work with and nature others. (Venus). People with hard aspects between Venus and Mars will find that there is a conflict there. The fact that these two things work well together means that you can be your own person while being confident enough to let other people be themselves too. Maybe this is what people find attractive.

Jean Houston

“Nobody

my chart:
Unread 11-24-2010, 02:35 PM

Glitterandlace,

You asked me about books. If you are just looking for explanations, The Astrologer's Handbook by Acker is a great place to start. I use that book like a bible, and if you want to have a breakdown of aspects, I suggest Robert Pellitier's Planets in Aspect. My favorite book, I think, is Karen McCoy and Jan Spiller Spiritual Astrology, the first astrology book I ever read -- but it is a litttle more intense, and the writing is a bit more esoteric, I don't know how much of a beginner you are. I worked at Barnes and Noble for a while in the New Age section, (I get your point), but they had all these books, so go and check them out and see!

Jean Houston

“Nobody

my chart:
Unread 11-24-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterandlace View Post
This aspect doesn't mean the typical attractiveness that Venus conjunct ascendant or Venus Conjunct Sun would give. It basically means like a sex appeal. People will find you sexy not necessarily, model type material. I know I have thought average looking people were sexy before. Sometimes people just have a little something something, you know?

On the forum, there are threads about recommended books to read on astrology. You might want to check this out.

Funny how this thread resurrected itself!

Venus Mars conjunctions bring a sex appeal or a sexual vibe to the person I think, not necessarily attractiveness. There is just something about the person that is sexy even if they are not consider traditionally attractive by societies standards. No one has talked about Mars conjunct Neptune, which almost always assures that one is very charismatic, which some people consider attractive.

Venus conjunct Sun, definitely will make one attractive, if not handsome or pretty, they will have pleasing looks. I think the biggest promise of attractiveness is Venus conjunct or trine the ASC or Venus conjunct the ASC ruler. I am Aries rising with Mars in Leo in the 5th house. I also have Venus trine my ASC and Venus square Uranus. Not to toot my own horn so to speak, but I am fortunate enough to be considered very pretty and have always attracted male attention everywhere I go.
Unread 11-25-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
For sure girl. I read some where that Uranus conjunct Sun, Venus or ascendant makes you attractive. I also heard that the more planets you have in the 1st the more charismatic you were. Hope someone corrects me if I am wrong......................
I'm a guy...

LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to Oren For This Useful Post:
surrealsuburb123 (04-11-2013)
Unread 11-25-2010, 02:06 PM

Actually, Oren, that kind of brings up an interesting point. I've often wondered what signs might make a man be a kind of "beautiful child" or have a beauty that has a feminine side to it - I'm not talking about gay or straight, and I don't know what you look like, but boys who are seen as pretty more than handsome, and if there is a connection between the Sun and Venus.

Jean Houston

“Nobody

my chart:
Unread 11-25-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Actually, Oren, that kind of brings up an interesting point. I've often wondered what signs might make a man be a kind of "beautiful child" or have a beauty that has a feminine side to it - I'm not talking about gay or straight, and I don't know what you look like, but boys who are seen as pretty more than handsome, and if there is a connection between the Sun and Venus.
Yes I already said my boyfriend is PRETTY looking. He has Sun Conjunct Venus, Moon conjunct Venus, Sun Conjunct Uranus, Sun Conjunct Moon, Sun conjunct Mars, Moon conjunct Mars, Moon conjunct Pluto, Venus conjunct Mars, Venus conjunct Pluto, and Mars conjunct Uranus. I only listed his conjunctions cause he has too many aspects to list (as you can see). He is so PRETTY looking. He is also really in touch with his feminine side. But he still has muscles and everything sexy like a guy. It is so hard to explain.
Unread 11-26-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tana View Post
hi,

is it true that endows one with attractive Power??

makes this Aspect one really Attractive?? or, gives attraction/Sex appeal??

have someone this Aspect?? or, you know somebody with this Aspect??
(Bad English, i know )

:56:
I have it in Libra but I am not beautiful, just average in my view........it rather tends to attracting love and sex together and it depends which planet is dominant and where. Mars approaching Venus can mean that you initiate love matters. I think I had sex appeal when younger but that may be the Moon in Taurus and the 8th house placements. Hard to be objective about oneself.
Venus conjunct Mars if in the same sign means that what you love you also desire and that perhaps both sexes are attracted to you and you to them. Sometimes can attract money and gifts for sex. Or use sex appeal to gain financial rewards such as actresses and performers or sex workers....

Last edited by Claire19; 11-26-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Unread 11-26-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Yes I already said my boyfriend is PRETTY looking. He has Sun Conjunct Venus, Moon conjunct Venus, Sun Conjunct Uranus, Sun Conjunct Moon, Sun conjunct Mars, Moon conjunct Mars, Moon conjunct Pluto, Venus conjunct Mars, Venus conjunct Pluto, and Mars conjunct Uranus. I only listed his conjunctions cause he has too many aspects to list (as you can see). He is so PRETTY looking. He is also really in touch with his feminine side. But he still has muscles and everything sexy like a guy. It is so hard to explain.
Wow!!! remembering that an orb of no more than 4 degrees for a conjunction
does he have all those??? A little more for the Sun and Moon..
It is a complicated mix for sure. Would he be androgynous looking and/or bi sexual????
Unread 11-26-2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
I have a family member who is an Aries man with Sun and Venus conjunct.
He is rather gentle and sensitive and has an artistic appreciation and good taste. He is also into sports and masculine looking. It depicts a great love between father and son often too.
Unread 11-26-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
I'm a guy...

LOL
Venus with Uranus can give magnetism and a broad appeal. Charm and a sense of humanity and fairness....may also like to experiment and be a bit unconventional and rather "like them all but love none"
Unread 11-26-2010, 10:46 PM

I also have Venus conjunct Mars (0 degree) in Aries, 3H, while my ASC. is Capricorn.
I was a pretty child with light brown curly hair,big slanting hazel eyes and a chubby face but i was a Tomboy.Often fighting with other boys&girls, even beaten them and i was climbing almost everywhere !

as a teenager..i was described as 'cute,sweet' after 30 i started to get more attention (Now i am 33). i have very little,tiny wrinkles on my face (it is not that i have any problem with wrinkles),somehow my high cheekbones are more prominent. etc etc.

Most of the people from both sides stating that i am attractive but when i start talking or spending a little time with someone i am interested,they draw to me.
I would say this Venus conjunct Mars thing gives you charisma about wherever they are located.That's my opinion.

Last edited by PlayItAgainSam; 11-26-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Unread 11-26-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Neptune in 1H house gives a hulky figure to the body and putting weight easy if i am not mistaken.

My husband has neptune in his 1H with ASC scorpion.
He is tall and has hulky figure,big bones..whatever ..ohh and of course big feet :-)

Last edited by PlayItAgainSam; 11-26-2010 at 11:00 PM.

Tags
attractiveness, conjunct, mars, venus