Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 03-05-2020, 04:37 AM

Smile Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
Thats because government backed-student loans inflates rates by allowing universities to increase tuition price - so they can make more profit. There is a correlation between college becoming more expensive and government backed loans being created in the 1960's.
If the government's backing them, the government can forgive or reduce the amount owed as well.

Unread 03-05-2020, 04:40 AM

Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

how about the government just gets the **** out
Unread 03-05-2020, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
If the government's backing them, the government can forgive or reduce the amount owed as well.
And when they do, the money from people who invest their savings in those banks which eventually transform into loans, would be lost creating an economic crisis.

Do you think that cancelling debt would only hurt the rich bilionaire banker?

In reality it hurts anyone with a bank account, most of them, working-class people.

The actual profit the banks get, is by taking a cut from such financial operation and from the rate the money pays when loaning to others. Thus if the government cancels debt, the bank is still making a multi-million dollar profit, through both the operation and the interests that are paid by the government, while the average investor (normal working class people) gets F in the A, because they see no profit from such investment and may not get a full reinburstment.

Why do you think Elisabeth Warren is the least popular of the candidates?

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!

Last edited by Dirius; 03-05-2020 at 04:52 AM.
Unread 03-05-2020, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
how about the government just gets the **** out
Tell Trump that--he's our almighty dicktator.
Unread 03-05-2020, 05:04 AM

dickbags shall be taken out to the cockmashcontractor

Last edited by AppLeo; 03-05-2020 at 05:13 AM.
Unread 03-05-2020, 07:37 AM

Quote:
dickbags shall be taken out to the cockmashcontractor
Trump stiffs his contractors.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
leomoon (03-05-2020)
Unread 03-05-2020, 07:45 AM

stiffbag
Unread 03-05-2020, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Workers of the World UNITE, and throw off the chains of the effete intellectual class!!!

I'd like to consider myself an intellectual but truth be known, I dropped out of high school at 16, went to work to help support myself and my family, and never once regretted that decision.

I am "self-taught" "self-educated" and proud of it. At least I can think for myself. Uranian, through and through!

An older gentlemen, a Virgo Sun and quite the stereotype of a Virgo, once said to me, "never ASSUME anything"....because when we do, (as in assuming someone knows my history and can guess if I'm in an Ivory tower or a blue collar background person), simply ends up making "an *** our of U and ME" he said. I never forgot that, and saw it as wise advice.

Last edited by leomoon; 03-05-2020 at 03:16 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leomoon For This Useful Post:
david starling (03-05-2020), ElenaJ (03-05-2020)
Unread 03-05-2020, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomoon View Post
I'd like to consider myself an intellectual but truth be known, I dropped out of high school at 16, went to work to help support myself and my family, and never once regretted that decision.

I am "self-taught" "self-educated" and proud of it. At least I can think for myself. Uranian, through and through!

An older gentlemen, a Virgo Sun and quite the stereotype of a Virgo, once said to me, "never ASSUME anything"....because when we do, (as in assuming someone knows my history and can guess if I'm in an Ivory tower or a blue collar background person), simply ends up making "an *** our of U and ME" he said. I never forgot that, and saw it as wise advice.
There are a LOT of University-educated Trump supporters, who are pushing the stereotype of "hard-working blue-collar laborers" as being Trump's electoral "base". They want less government regulations, like the kind that would have prevented the 2008 meltdown. Many are fanatically anti-birthcontrol, and against the social-safety-net "on principle".

It's a propaganda ploy, to counteract the long-held perception that the Democratic party is the party of the Labor Unions and the blue-collar workers .
Unread 03-05-2020, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomoon View Post

Yeah how convinient right?

Your attitude towards Trump supporters, implying they are "uneducated" is one of the most condecendent and rude things you've said on this thread about them ---- but its totally ok for you to say such things because of *(insert personal origin story imposible to verify)*

Yeah because people on the left never lie about themselves or their situation to win an argument correct?

I'll believe that story about yourself.... just like everyone else believes Elizabeth Warren is an indian.

Last edited by Dirius; 03-05-2020 at 05:00 PM.
Unread 03-05-2020, 04:00 PM

Dirius, if you don't mind, are you a University graduate? Or, do you consider yourself a blue-collar worker?

I'm a University-educated blue-collar worker myself, since I opted out of becoming a Civil Engineer, or an inventor in a field of technology, which I had the ability for, but not the necessary desire. Maybe a landscaper is "green-collar" though.
Unread 03-05-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
There are a LOT of University-educated Trump supporters, who are pushing the stereotype of "hard-working blue-collar laborers" as being Trump's electoral "base". They want less government regulations, like the kind that would have prevented the 2008 meltdown. Many are fanatically anti-birthcontrol, and against the social-safety-net "on principle".

It's a propaganda ploy, to counteract the long-held perception that the Democratic party is the party of the Labor Unions and the blue-collar workers .
Considering that so far most of the 2016-2020 campaigns for the democratic party have been mostly about LQTBQ issues, illegal immigrants, global warming, etc....

... it would be funny to call the democratic party as the party of the "labor unions" and the "blue collar-workers".

Whether you like it or not, each minute the democrats spend talking about global warming, is a minute they are not using to talk about stuff that would interest the average worker.

Unread 03-05-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Dirius, if you don't mind, are you a University graduate? Or, do you consider yourself a blue-collar worker?

I'm a University-educated blue-collar worker myself, since I opted out of becoming a Civil Engineer, or an inventor in a field of technology, which I had the ability for, but not the necessary desire. Maybe a landscaper is "green-collar" though.
Does it matter what I am? would you consider my opinion unworthy if I wasn't a college graduate? or my opinion superior and more valid if I was one?

Unread 03-05-2020, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Does it matter what I am? would you consider my opinion unworthy if I wasn't a college graduate? or my opinion superior and more valid if I was one?
well, people who don't go to college are usually dummies or at least less well-rounded thinkers, with lower IQ's
Unread 03-05-2020, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Considering that so far most of the 2016-2020 campaigns for the democratic party have been mostly about LQTBQ issues, illegal immigrants, global warming, etc....

... it would be funny to call the democratic party as the party of the "labor unions" and the "blue collar-workers".

Whether you like it or not, each minute the democrats spend talking about global warming, is a minute they are not using to talk about stuff that would interest the average worker.
No question that the Democratic party has long had the support of the Labor Unions, and that the Republican party has long been considered the party of the wealthy investors. Trump is a wealthy investor pretending to be a champion of labor.
Unread 03-05-2020, 04:16 PM

Quote:
It's not that at all. It's about your contention that the University-educated voters are almost all Democrats. The Science and Business majors when I was in college were more on the Republican side, whereas those in the Liberal Arts department leaned towards the Democratic party.
Unread 03-05-2020, 04:17 PM

Quote:
well, people who don't go to college are usually dummies or at least less well-rounded thinkers, with lower IQ's

Implying that those of individuals who get into thousands of dollars in debt so they can aquire degrees in stuff such as "women's studies" or "poetry", are somehow smart?

Yeah... because nothing is more revealing of intelligence than going into debt to aquire a worthless degree with no job opportunities.

Unread 03-05-2020, 04:22 PM

Quote:
It's not that at all. It's about your contention that the University-educated voters are almost all Democrats. The Science and Business majors when I was in college were more on the Republican side, whereas those in the Liberal Arts department leaned towards the Democratic party.
I never said or implied University-educated voters are almost all Democrats.

I said (rather impled) working class people are more likely to be Trump supporters and republicans, than democrats these days.

Not the same thing.

Please don't put words in my mouth.

Last edited by Dirius; 03-05-2020 at 04:28 PM.
Unread 03-05-2020, 04:24 PM

The African-American and Hispanic voters tend to vote Democrat, even though they're underrepresented in the Universities. But, many just couldn't see voting for HRC. States that voted for Obama went over to Republican for that reason alone.
Unread 03-05-2020, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Implying that those of individuals who get into thousands of dollars in debt so they can aquire degrees in stuff such as "women's studies" or "poetry", are somehow smart?

Yeah... because nothing is more revealing of intelligence than going into debt to aquire a worthless degree with no job opportunities.
lol yeah that's pretty dumb
but I can tell you this

the mass majority of idiots who don't go to college are not going to avoid debt
it's because they don't value education nor do they understand how important it is to grab opportunities, and because they're too stupid for college lel

also, college isn't always about getting a job. getting a degree in poetry expands and makes one's mind deeper and beautiful. if you can afford a poetry degree, i don't see the problem in dropping the money for it. certainly better than dropping thousands on drugs or something
Unread 03-05-2020, 04:31 PM

Quote:
I never said or implied University-educated voters are almost all Democrats.

I said (rather imply) working class people are more likely to be Trump supporters and republicans, than democrats these days.

Not the same thing.

Please don't put words in my mouth.
It appeared to me that you set up a division between University-educated versus non-University-educated as being a major difference in the U.S. voting blocs. Sorry that I misunderstood.
Unread 03-05-2020, 04:35 PM

Quote:
No question that the Democratic party has long had the support of the Labor Unions, and that the Republican party has long been considered the party of the wealthy investors. Trump is a wealthy investor pretending to be a champion of labor.
Yes they did, for most of the 20th century. They don't anymore, because they'd rather spend more time talking about identity politics, abortion, global warming, gun-control, feminism and orange man bad.

Lets also remember that for most of the 20th century, Democrats used to support gun-rights, and most of them were against abortion. The party has changed its views. Nowdays you can't even run as a democrat unless you are a defender of abortion.

And it is correct to say that Republicns never focused on the working class as a "group". This is Trump's innovation within the party, whom in the 2015-2016 campaign cycle he turned his attention mostly to the working class.

So I agree republicans are not the party of the working class, but neither are democrats today, and most are turning to the republican side through Trump.

Last edited by Dirius; 03-05-2020 at 04:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dirius For This Useful Post:
david starling (03-05-2020)
Unread 03-05-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Definitely not! Free-thinking is more intelligent than institutionalized thinking [IMO].
Dirius (03-05-2020)
Unread 03-05-2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
It appeared to me that you set up a division between University-educated versus non-University-educated as being a major difference in the U.S. voting blocs. Sorry that I misunderstood.
There is a clear distinction between college-age individuals, who tend to be more marxist, and post-college age people who tend to be more conservative (whether they hold a college degree or not).

This is because the former is usually working for minimum wage and not paying much in taxes, while the latter affords most of the tax-bill.

When it comes to the education itself, I agree withit what you said: people who study areas such as econmics tend to be more conservative/libertarian, while people in the humanities tend to lean left.

Unread 03-05-2020, 04:45 PM

Quote:
There is a clear distinction between college-age individuals, who tend to be more marxist, and post-college age people who tend to be more conservative (whether they hold a college degree or not).

This is because the former is usually working for minimum wage and not paying much in taxes, while the latter affords most of the tax-bill.

When it comes to the education itself, I agree withit what you said: people who study areas such as econmics tend to be more conservative/libertarian, while people in the humanities tend to lean left.
Engineering departments as well.
Dirius (03-05-2020)