Midpoints question!

airy

I want to understand how midpoints work and how they affect someone. Are they a planetary aspect all their own? What is their significance? How powerful are they? Specifically, I'd also like to understand midpoints to the ascendant and if this can affect physical appearance. I have a venus-ascendant midpoint activated by mercury as well as a uranus-ascendant activated by the sun, for instance. Also, I have an understanding that they define your personality in some way. Also, why do certain planets "activate" midpoints? So many questions, I know! I don't expect you to answer them all, but would appreciate any insight.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I want to understand how midpoints work and how they affect someone.

Are they a planetary aspect all their own?
What is their significance? How powerful are they?
Specifically, I'd also like to understand midpoints to the ascendant and if this can affect physical appearance.
I have a venus-ascendant midpoint activated by mercury as well as a uranus-ascendant activated by the sun.
Also, why do certain planets "activate" midpoints? So many questions, I know!
I don't expect you to answer them all, but would appreciate any insight.

The base premise of midpoint interpretation is:
“A planet located equidistant from two other planets
(i.e. midpoint between two planets) has a relationship to both planets.” :smile:
In practice we also include the Angles (Ascendant and Midheaven)
as well as planets in midpoint interpretation
http://hniizato.com/midpoints-in-astrology/

EXAMPLE
Mercury/Jupiter midpoint – Rewarding and Expansive Communication:

Jupiter (being the slower planet) influences Mercury:
So this midpoint represents the experience of being rewarded (Jupiter) for one’s communication.
Any planet in hard aspect to this midpoint will carry this sense of expansive communication.
This is why MC (midheaven) = Mercury/Jupiter often denotes a professional writer.

the following books on the topic are available on amazon

Alfred Witte
Rules for Planetary Pictures 1928
in German can be found in English.

Reinhold Ebertin
The Combination of Stellar Influences (1940)
seems a revision of Witte's work.