Random Thoughts, strictly Text

conspiracy theorist

Thomas Henry Huxley sure showed meeee durr durrrr dudrrrrredasdfaf

So, once I test out some of the claims I have found in more esoteric fields such as magic and such, and if they pass the test of being demonstrable, then I will accept them. If not, I won't. You act as if you won a championship.

conspiracy theorist

Ayn rand is a brilliant genius who provides good reasons for every view she has. She doesn't have this agnostic, skeptic, anything goes nonsense. Nor does she promise you an after life or other ******** without evidence like astrology or magic.

It's nice that you've found your hero to praise and worship. I like to go my own way and figure things out on my own.

AppLeo

It's nice that you've found your hero to praise and worship. I like to go my own way and figure things out on my own.

Yeah, figuring things out yourself that a genius already figured out 10x faster than you makes perfect sense.

Who needs teachers and their wisdom when you can take forever to learn things by yourself.

conspiracy theorist

Because I already did win. That's why I'm acting like it.

Finding a critic of a position is your idea of winning?

“It is not a novel that should be thrown aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force.”

---- Dorothy Parker about Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

The so-called philosophy of Ayn Rand, known as Objectivism, has become a rather odious cult in the United States. Europeans find it baffling, while academic philosophers use it as opening for easy jokes. If a philosophy conference is getting especially dull and grim you can simply say the name Ayn Rand and you will get at least a few amusing jabs at her. Followers of Rand are impervious to any criticisms of her work however. When one mentions the obvious problems and contradictions in her work they are greeted with an almost religious parroting of her maxims. Maxims are really all they are because Rand rarely gives justification for any of her claims but simply states her point of view as emphatically as possible and then she (or her followers) accuses anybody who disagrees as being irrational. What follows is a detailed critique of Ayn Rand’s philosophy with the work of REAL philosophers used to form a number of objections to her claims. If anybody doubts that my portrayal of Rand is an accurate representation of her philosophy then I invite you to go to aynrandlexicon.com where her philosophy is presented in great detail by Objectivists.

The Virtue of Stupidity

So, I guess I win now. Ha, what a joke.

Ukpoohbear

(Btw David I didn’t mean your chat group was exclusive because it actually serves a purpose as having no memes allowed which does make the conversation flow better).

AppLeo

Finding a critic of a position is your idea of winning?

“It is not a novel that should be thrown aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force.”

---- Dorothy Parker about Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

The so-called philosophy of Ayn Rand, known as Objectivism, has become a rather odious cult in the United States. Europeans find it baffling, while academic philosophers use it as opening for easy jokes. If a philosophy conference is getting especially dull and grim you can simply say the name Ayn Rand and you will get at least a few amusing jabs at her. Followers of Rand are impervious to any criticisms of her work however. When one mentions the obvious problems and contradictions in her work they are greeted with an almost religious parroting of her maxims. Maxims are really all they are because Rand rarely gives justification for any of her claims but simply states her point of view as emphatically as possible and then she (or her followers) accuses anybody who disagrees as being irrational. What follows is a detailed critique of Ayn Rand’s philosophy with the work of REAL philosophers used to form a number of objections to her claims. If anybody doubts that my portrayal of Rand is an accurate representation of her philosophy then I invite you to go to aynrandlexicon.com where her philosophy is presented in great detail by Objectivists.

The Virtue of Stupidity

So, I guess I win now. Ha, what a joke.

I've read it before. Just another fool.

So much for freedom, individualism and the American way, right?

*facepalm*

yeah sure whatever