Why are Sagittarius lucky

Wheez0r

Simple question as it stands in the title, I'd like to hear how you see it. Why are Sagittarius or Jupiterian people (considered) lucky or what makes them that way?
Why do the good things come to them so easily while others have to suffer to get the very same things, if they ever will? Are they universal golden children or is there a rational explanation for their luck?

Personally I've felt annoyed that usually people who would violate my personal boundaries or walk through all my fences and destroy my property are usually Sagittarius. They're also the only ones who can get away with superb excuse generator while most others would have to mess with legal authorities for doing that. Whether it's the helpful people or the right words, Sagittarius got them all for conquering everything they don't have. If they are somehow "superior" sign as it's associated with King of the Gods, why would any difference from them even exist? Why are there other signs or variety if there's one superior mode of being, which "wins" every time?

Sorry if the latter part sounded provocative. I just wish to have some honest answers to understand why.

Animatrix

Simple question as it stands in the title, I'd like to hear how you see it. Why are Sagittarius or Jupiterian people (considered) lucky or what makes them that way?
Why do the good things come to them so easily while others have to suffer to get the very same things, if they ever will? Are they universal golden children or is there a rational explanation for their luck?

Personally I've felt annoyed that usually people who would violate my personal boundaries or walk through all my fences and destroy my property are usually Sagittarius. They're also the only ones who can get away with superb excuse generator while most others would have to mess with legal authorities for doing that. Whether it's the helpful people or the right words, Sagittarius got them all for conquering everything they don't have. If they are somehow "superior" sign as it's associated with King of the Gods, why would any difference from them even exist? Why are there other signs or variety if there's one superior mode of being, which "wins" every time?

Sorry if the latter part sounded provocative. I just wish to have some honest answers to understand why.

I have been asking the same questions myself. There is no doubt in my mind that some signs are, as a general rule, happier than other signs.

Let's look at nature and animals. Spring is the time when most baby animals are born, and why is this so? Because, food is then abundant. Spring represents birth, new things, new life. Most animals are Aries/Taurus. And I think most are Aries. Aries is the most vital sign of all, and the most vital is the most successful in nature. Vitality=health, happiness, successful reproduction, a positive attitude. I am now talking about the wild.

Sagittarius are not lucky due to some external circumstances, but because they are, as a general rule, very cheerful and optimistic by nature, and thus draws to themselves, positivity. Sometimes they seem to be unable to see that there are real problems. I know many sags who live cheerfully under conditions that I would never accept for myself. Happiness is not so much determined by income, but by the innate state, the emotional and mental makeup. Some people are always pessimistic, no matter what. They see errors everywhere, flaws everywhere and deficiencies everywhere. We all live in this currently flawed world yet some are always happy, and some are always unhappy. A happy-go-lucky Sag can take a walk in winter and be happy that the sky is full of stars and that it is snowing, they get high on that. Many people do, but some people seem to lack this childlike euphoria, this simple joy to be alive that is of such immeasurable worth. Greediness is really a state of chronic unhappiness, because the more you feel that you need things, whatever it is, the unhappier you are without them. True happiness from within, it is a rock solid foundation that makes one happy to alive, no matter what obstacle there is in the way.

The fire signs in general, tend to be the happiest, and this is my personal observation. They have an active nature, energy and ofttimes more vitality and better health than the other signs. Their nervous system seem to be more robust and healthy than the other's.

I believe really that an introspective mind is a pathological mind. Read Genesis. The first sign of decay in human nature was that Adam's and Eve's minds were turned inwards; they became introspective. That is why they were ashamed of themselves. Introspective people have their eyes closed to the beauty and glory of the external world, more or less, and curiously, when death is approaching, one of the surest sign that death is near, is that the person becomes more introspective. The older you get also, tend to increase introspection. Introspection is a sign of decay, it is a sign of lack of vitality and health and energy. The healthier I get the less introspective I become, the less I am concerned with my own tiny personal problems. We should all focus on something outside ourselves, and look to the eternal sky, the external world. In that way we derive more energy.

Do an experiment. Take a walk, take a seat someplace. Now focus all your attention on what you see. Look at people, the trees, the beautiful sky, the sun, relax. See what happens. You become quickly revitalized. Now do something else; spend an hour in introspection. The deeper you dig into yourself, the more enervated you become and the less light are you allowing in. For many signs, this does not come without effort. For other signs, and the fire signs (especially Aries) this is natural.

Shyness and social anxiety is not only insecurity, it is selfishness. A selfless person has accepted himself and is as gracious to himself as he is to others. That is why people love extroverted people; because they are more generous, truly generous. The key to happiness is to become more selfless.

As the Bible says; virtue leads to life.

miquar

Hi. The element fire represents a sense that life is full of potential, and an intuitive grasp of what is waiting to be brought to fruition. Sagittarius is the only fire sign in the second half of the zodiac, which is less instinctive and personally oriented, and more reflective and socially oriented. So Sagittarius is able to use that fiery intuition and optimism to bring to fruition the potential inherent in one's environment/universe.

Abby83

I felt the same way about my first proper bf. We went out for a year. I must say that he was an unattractive guy who was lucky to go out with me and the wife he is with now. But he had the confidence and the ideas. The thing I hated about him the most was he was too sure of himself for his own good and his positivity was annoying. He was obsessed with drugs and sex and thought the world was his oyster. He always had an answer for everything. Although we both never expected I’d break up with him and that destroyed him. His luck changed for about a year but it went up again when his wife pursued him. Again I was amazed. Things fell into his lap but he was overconfident and I’m guessing that’s why he’s lucky.

Wheez0r

I think people overestimate sagittarian luck.

I have sun and jupiter in Sagittarius in 9th house. I can say that I am a person with no luck. It's hard to have a career, have money and a loving relationship. Even the studies were not easy. And I am a triple fire (sun, moon, ascendant).
Hey, but since you do have Sagittarian energies naturally, I'd like to ask you how you define luck? Or how do you express your identity? What are your ideals?

Even if it might be overestimation, I still generally envy saggis for it, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to understand it in order to learn something new.

miquar said:
Hi. The element fire represents a sense that life is full of potential, and an intuitive grasp of what is waiting to be brought to fruition. Sagittarius is the only fire sign in the second half of the zodiac, which is less instinctive and personally oriented, and more reflective and socially oriented. So Sagittarius is able to use that fiery intuition and optimism to bring to fruition the potential inherent in one's environment/universe.
That's nice side of some Sagittarians, being less self-centered than Leo and Aries and more socially oriented even if their social awareness would not include things such as empathy which is generally more natural for water signs. Sometimes Sagittarians are completely unaware of social matters though, breaking and pushing all the (even obvious) rules (or personal boundaries of other people) even if someone made effort in building them for guidance and safety for all.

Last edited:

applesandlilacs

I find that things gravitate towards them, but not necessarily that they want or keep the things that gravitate to them.I know one with a gambling addiction, one that recycles relationships quicker than she changes her underwear. But, this is not always the case. It's funny that you mention the boundary issue because I know three people who are Sagittarian who have boundary issues (big time), but two of them have some Saturn issues as well.

I only know a few people with a heavily aspected Jupiter. I can only speak from my own experience besides education and spirituality, I find people want to save me all the time. If I wanted/want to be lazy there's a lot of times where I could get things without putting in physical effort into getting it. Mind you, I also have Saturn heavy in my chart so it's not like a runaway train of "I get everything I want and I have no self-awareness and just go stepping on people." My Jupiter is in a Leo/Virgo Stellium. The downside to this aspect is I have a really bad food problem.

One thing I've noticed lately is that if I'm need money and I think about it for a little bit within a couple days they'll be an opportunity to earn it. I don't know if that contributes to the conversation, but Sagittarius falls in my second house.

Hope this helps.

Blessings,
Amber

Last edited:

aquarius7000

...Sagittarius are not lucky due to some external circumstances, but because they are, as a general rule, very cheerful and optimistic by nature, and thus draws to themselves, positivity. Sometimes they seem to be unable to see that there are real problems. I know many sags who live cheerfully under conditions that I would never accept for myself...
Could you explain why Sagittarius are very cheerful and optimistic and unable to see real problems? What astro-reasoning makes Sagittarius so?

A happy-go-lucky Sag can take a walk in winter and be happy that the sky is full of stars and that it is snowing, they get high on that.
All 12 signs can do that. Pisces can do it because of its capability to overcome boundaries, even of materialism, and enjoy the simple things in life. Leo can do that because it is ruled by the Sun that emanates so much warmth and makes it so optimistic and magnanimous. The Sun is also the most "vital" of all (planetary/luminary) rulers. Sun is the giver of life. Not Mars and not Jupiter either.

...Let's look at nature and animals. Spring is the time when most baby animals are born, and why is this so? Because, food is then abundant. Spring represents birth, new things, new life. Most animals are Aries/Taurus. And I think most are Aries. Aries is the most vital sign of all, and the most vital is the most successful in nature. Vitality=health, happiness, successful reproduction, a positive attitude. I am now talking about the wild.
But Sagittarius is a deep winter sign: Nov. - Dec., so nothing to do with the vitality of spring.

Again, please pick up a good, traditional Astrology book that actually logically explains the foundation of signs and their ruling elements and planets, in order to not, at random, cherry pick a sign and take it as the strongest or the happiest or the prettiest or the most capable of love or the most dangerous, etc.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

I think people overestimate sagittarian luck.

I have sun and jupiter in Sagittarius in 9th house. I can say that I am a person with no luck. It's hard to have a career, have money and a loving relationship. Even the studies were not easy. And I am a triple fire (sun, moon, ascendant).
I perfectly understand what you are saying and thanks for saying it even. People often make sweeping, blankets statements by saying that a sign is the luckiest or the strongest without even being able to logically substantiate it based on its astro element/qualities, etc. Sometimes we also forget that a person has more than just his/her Sun sign influencing them, so a Piscean friend can be the most selfish, but do we know whether it is Jupiter (the ruler) making it most selfish? Or even for those that more modern - is Neptune making them so selfish? No. We have to look at what their Mars and Saturn are doing. Where their Moon is placed, etc., and seldom do we have their complete birth details.

If you like, you can pull your natal chart at astro.com and we can see why your career life has been challenging.

miquar

That's nice side of some Sagittarians, being less self-centered than Leo and Aries and more socially oriented even if their social awareness would not include things such as empathy which is generally more natural for water signs. Sometimes Sagittarians are completely unaware of social matters though, breaking and pushing all the (even obvious) rules (or personal boundaries of other people) even if someone made effort in building them for guidance and safety for all.

Yes, its true that Sagittarius doesn't always respect others' boundaries, but it tries to bind people together under a common vision, so that everyone can feel safe in belief that they are protected and sustained by some greater power or plan. Earthy boundaries can make people feel more afraid because they instil a sense that life is hazardous.

Best wishes

Miquar

muchacho

It's all about their natural optimism.

FROG

You might take a look at your own chart for reasons why sag irks you. There could be a strong clue of self knowledge there.
Like some people can join a group and get their needs met, while others find trouble in such arrangements. This is often shown by what is happening in the eleventh house.

On the other hand it only makes sense that if your mind is blind to anything but opportunity and blessings, that you will tend to find good options to take wherever you go.

An that’s what can happen when. Sag Sun is at its best.

CapAquaPis

It's because the ruler planet Jupiter is why grants a great amount of luck and fortune to Sagittarius, but in modern astrology, the co-ruler is Neptune, which means they can encounter not as much prosperity and happiness, but depends on their predestined natal charts and horoscopes in their daily lives.

Abby83

You might take a look at your own chart for reasons why sag irks you. There could be a strong clue of self knowledge there.
Like some people can join a group and get their needs met, while others find trouble in such arrangements. This is often shown by what is happening in the eleventh house.

On the other hand it only makes sense that if your mind is blind to anything but opportunity and blessings, that you will tend to find good options to take wherever you go.

An that’s what can happen when. Sag Sun is at its best.

Good explanation.

Timmytwothumbs

Two words. Galactic Center

conspiracy theorist

Hmm. Among the many things that is said about Sag, being lucky is one of the least relatable "traits" to me. Personally, I'd say a propensity to take a risk, the appearance of no premeditative thought/ non disclosure of plans, self-confidence, and a really good ability to land on my feet no matter the circumstance might congeal in an image of a person who is going through life fairly well seemingly only on a hope and a wish.

Another thing. When you're willing to do things that others are too "good" for, or can plot a path with raw materials that others don't see the value in nor have the imagination/desire to look at the potential greatness of a given path,thing or person, then you'll begin to surprise people with your ability to turn **** into gold.

I can see why Saggies would seem "lucky" on the face of it.

Last edited:
Sagittarius ARE NOT always lucky. Take me as an example. I was born a Sagittarius on a THURSDAY, the luckiest day, and yet my luck has generally just been average. I think it has to do with having a Taurus moon as the sign is feminine and thus cautious (I'm told one of the reasons Sagittarians are so lucky is their faith in their 'specialness' and optimism) and having a Sun in debility in the seventh house.