Why was this horary wrong? Antisica gave a yes!

barbh

Account Closed
Hi all.
My girlfriend asked the question
'will this house that I'm going to look at to rent tomorrow be the right one for me?
Dec 13, 2007 9:30pm Vancouver BC
25 Leo rising, 14 Scorp on the IC
South node in the 1st, north in the 7th.
Mars in Cancer in the 11th
Venus within orb of the IC
Saturn at 8 Virgo 32 in the 1st
moon 13 Aquarius in the 6th

So, she is the sun in Sag, in the 4th, but within 5 degrees of the 5th cusp.
Mars rules her home now, (4th), Saturn rules the 7th as this possible new place. The north node in the 7th says it's looking good, plus the ruler Saturn is in her own house. The ruler of her current abode, mars, is a very weak retro in cancer, albeit conjunct the part of fortune. there is no aspect between the sun and Saturn, or the moon and Saturn. I then used the antiscia of the Sun, at 8 Capricorn 10, and it was indeed applying, by 20 minutes to the regular Saturn at 8 virgo 32. I said that yes, she would like the house and she would rent it!
She went to look at it. She had to pee so badly that she went in the bushes (don't ask!), and the woman came out and found her! Needless to say this woman was not impressed with her. Sandie looked at the house anyway, but she hated it. It was not only a no, it was a big no!
So, why did the antiscia not work?
Where did I go wrong?
thanks all
Barbh

Culpeper

Premium Member
I would read the chart a little differently. The querent is the Sun. The fourth house represents the property to be rented; Mars is the ruler. The seventh house is the owner represented by Saturn. The tenth house represents the amount of the rent which is ruled by Venus.

Mars is retrograde and fallen: the property will be unsatisfactory. There is no aspect between the Sun and Mars, and those two are at contra-antiscion: the querent will not rent the property.

barbh

Account Closed
Hi Culpeper. I see, so you used the 4th as the quesited, and didn't even put her present abode into the question. Do you always do that for rental/new home questions? When do you use the 7th as the new place?
thanks
b

Kingsley

I wouldn't necessarily hinge a horary reading on antiscia Barbh. I would however do so with mutual receptions and planetary dignities. Saturn in the 1st doesn't bode to well for the outcome and the rental house-Mars is retro in the 11th. Due for some renovations by the sound of it or it will go to the owners children.

Its fun using horary when looking for houses to rent. "is this the one"?

Unfortunately rental prices have gone through the roof where I live; perhaps the question will be "when will there be a house available to rent"

good luck on the house hunting.

kingsley

tikana

Hi

Well the chart is right actually!

She is Sun
new house is Saturn

there is no MR
saturn receives sun by face .. a bit too weak
saturn in 1st doesnt really tick me off it is accidental dignity!
south node conj asce ! - very bad omen
moon does not aspect saturn!
that is a big fat NO!

Tik

Draco

Look again. There is no conjunction by antiscia between the Sun and Saturn in any case. :rolleyes:

The Sun is at Sagittarius 21.50, and so it's antiscion is at Capricorn 08.10, or it's contra-antiscion is at Cancer 08.10, but Saturn is in neither of these degrees, Saturn is at Leo 08.10, and so it is in trine with it's antiscion and sextile it's contra-antiscion, but this is rather meaningless as it would be being far too precious to make such considerations when we have a wide enough array of variables to be dealing with in any case.

Antiscia are only considered where in conjunction and opposition to a planet, and a conjunction or opposition of planets by antiscia cannot rival the real thing. The fact that antiscia are only considered strong enough to be effective in conjunction and opposition, would suggest their power of influence is negligible, save for when directly embraced or directly opposed to the planet, when contact between two points is of course most intense.

Antiscia are not particulalrly favourable either, even when supporting a positive testimony, as the fact that these contacts by antiscion occur in a non obvious manner, is suggestive of the insidious, secretive and underhand, so I am wary of antiscia.