what is the best moon sign (with sun sign pairing)

Caro

I never get the moon in scorpio issue either. I think people feel uncomfortable around these people because they can dig up the emotions of others. In defenceof the other water signs I think it can bring great rewards but these are not necessarily recognised today ie intuition and sensitivity.

I also think that moon in cap is tough. I know of two people with this placing and it seems there childhood was really austere. cant seem to let their guard down

Combo's. I think the sun taurus and moon in virgo is good - work wise moon in virgo - great mental ability. but moon in virgo in relationships - hmm not so easy - can be nit picking and perfectionist beyond what is reasonable.

moon in aqua - definitely the outsider - look at princess Diana! despite her cancer sun she did not fit into her own family or the one she married into.

leo is probably the best out of the fire signs for a moon placing.

I think the libra moon would also be a good placing - well balanced emotions and good in relationships/personal.

SagiCap

I never get the moon in scorpio issue either. I think people feel uncomfortable around these people because they can dig up the emotions of others. In defenceof the other water signs I think it can bring great rewards but these are not necessarily recognised today ie intuition and sensitivity.

I also think that moon in cap is tough. I know of two people with this placing and it seems there childhood was really austere. cant seem to let their guard down

Scarlet Johannsen has Moon in Scorp. This placement is great for an actress. The trick is to use it all, whatever you have - to your advantage.

My daughter has Moon in Cap. She's young and I haven't seen it manifest yet. She's really a funny, charismatic, intelligent kid. I wonder what this will turn out to be. She doesn't have an austere childhood, as you put it, I'm a fun Sag Mom, I'd say. Maybe this will counteract the detriment.

danashock

moon in libra seems to be cool and comfortable for the native but so frustrating for people around them because they need so much time alone and are too detached/insensitive. and even with that cool air we all know how extreme a libran moon can get when it has to.

what do you guys think of moon in air signs?

SagiCap

moon in libra seems to be cool and comfortable for the native but so frustrating for people around them because they need so much time alone and are too detached/insensitive. and even with that cool air we all know how extreme a libran moon can get when it has to.

funny, seems like you're describing my Aqua Moon too. I love it for the reasons you mentioned, but I am supersensitive and I sometimes wish I could be more demonstrative with my affection and love when people close to me need it. I tend to only be able to express that on my own terms and time and moods.

juicey J.

Banned

No, moon in libra moon is only detached around large groups because they make them emotionally distraught due to libra liking interpersonal relations. Being moon in libra I would like to think I know.

piscesnurse

hi, i have a pisces sun aquarius moon, which i love because it gives me the best of both worlds ~it balances me out yet i love my pisces sun I feel the moon makes me strong I also have aries rising which helps as well

danashock

No, moon in libra moon is only detached around large groups because they make them emotionally distraught due to libra liking interpersonal relations. Being moon in libra I would like to think I know.

and what about lunar libras in interpersonal relations? i feel they still need alot of time off. (i know about 5-6 lunar libra ppl who are very close friends of mine and i am an aries moon!)

juicey J.

Banned
Are you saying you have been with them in a one on one situation where there wasn't any large groups or better yet where it was just the two of you? A noisey bar or club wouldn't count as such places make many with libra moons distraught because the noise pollution gets in the way of getting to know the person they are speaking to. Libra moon also hates it when they are trying to have a meaningful one on one conversation and a 3rd party comes in. Yes we don't like larger society and have to with draw. Also, libra struggles with being co-dependent on one hand and individual on the other and for moon in libra this is an emotional experience/struggle.

Last edited:

Kukka

In my experience Libra :moon: is quite the opposite, the two Libra moons that I know (well) are the most socially needy people that I know. :)

Well, Gemini moon is the best. :biggrin:

As for 4 Gemini, 4 Aquarius moons in family + Libra/Gemini moon friends I ought to know. They're great.

danashock

hmm interesting. Yes it is quite understandable in theory that a libra moon will always have the need for companionship! why is my experience so detached with all those libra moons beats me. Perhaps its cuz our moons are opposite to each other? (aries/libra)

another reason i could come up with is that if theres too much air (plus moon in air sign) could be very detached unlike the libra moon plus water combo

Kukka

Juicey j.,

the other is perhaps a cancer rising, the other maybe has moon near MC, at least moon :conjunct: venus.

Libra, Aquarius, Gemini moons are social, air signs are that.. 'emotionality' is not what it is.

danashock,
other factors count so much. :) Even more than the signs, in my view.

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

Well shoot,... I meant Fall, not Detriment for Moon in Scorpio..but it still begs the question as to why a Water Planet like the Moon in a Water Sign would be considered the least favorable position for the Moon to work in. I still think it is a default thing, because i know plenty of deep feeling Scorpio Moons.

I originally thought the way you did wondering how a water moon could be a bad placement BUT THINK OF THIS......Scorpio is a secretive vs private sign and emotions are harmful if held in all the time and not allowed to be expressed. So that's how I came to understand it.

Rushwing

Sun/Moon signs I love. ..
sun aquarius, moon libra - balanced emotions, caring person, brilliant mind, sometimes afraid to feel - but understandably, they are like delicate butterflies, they can die in a storm! Their strength is their light sweetness- they are like meringues or marshmallows - : D

sun cancer, moon sagittarius - best healer I know - great sense of humor! and always aware of my feelings, very very smart. In fact I love 2 people with this placement who are AMAZINGLY sweet and soft and funny! Like comfy chairs they are with great healing humor and high spiritual minds! I'm surprised no one has mentioned this combo yet. They are like apple pie!

sun taurus moon scorpio - A ROCK OF THE AGES - totally dependable, never asks anything in return Fair, sweet and completely self-contained. . .never spreads bad feelings... totally compassionate. . .Never mad.. laughs at themselves. . . like lead they anchor everything around them. . . So if they were a dessert, they would be a shortbread cookie with unsweetened black tea. . .BASIC and good. (one of my bosses)

OTHER
sun scorpio moon taurus - for me not an easy combo - HARD HEARTS - COLD MINDS - the level of their compassion is variable of course but the nature of their rock souls and calculating minds is the same. . depending on their spiritual evolution . . . if you hurt them you are in a world of hell!! Scorpio moons are not the bad ones to have enemies - its taurus moons that revenge pretty bad. . . (if inclined) because they have the patience and consistency to go through with it, and are generally pretty confident in themselves.

at their best though i could think of them like a expresso bean dipped in chocolate. . . A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH - mmmmmm and best in small amounts - for you can overdose without realizing and then become intolerant!

Last edited:

danashock

sun taurus moon scorpio - A ROCK OF THE AGES - totally dependable, never asks anything in return Fair, sweet and completely self-contained. . .never spreads bad feelings... totally compassionate. . .Never mad.. laughs at themselves. . . like lead they anchor everything around them. . . So if they were a dessert, they would be a shortbread cookie with unsweetened black tea. . .BASIC and good. (one of my bosses)

my sister has those very same placement. she is one of the most reliable ppl i know.

and about air signs,i think it is quite a paradox how these signs rule the most social settings (siblings,partners and friends) but are also the most detached element,which i find suitable because u need not to loe urself while communicating with others.

Rushwing

The air signs are lucky that they have that quality of detachment.

To a Buddhist, ultimate power lies in the ability to be detached.

I'm still surprised no one has mentioned about cancer sun sag moon. Does anyone have any experiences?

I love this combo. . . OK. . . .this one is the one I put my money behind.
:happy:

lpool2290

I am sun Aquarius and moon Pisces. I like this because it makes me very creative and dreamy. I am emotional but my aqua aloofness can stop me feeling too much emotion.

There are some negatives as Aqua and Pisces are not very compatible but they can compliment each other in ways.

Lion o ness

I have Leo sun/moon conjunct by 1orb.

My ego and emotions agree with each other.. They are in sync... I want and need the same things...

Only my single water Venus messes it up...lol

I wish i could be more detached... More less relationship needy....

Claire19

compatible elements are best such as earth with water and fire with air. I think conjunctions of Moon and Sun give an inner harmony of the yin and yang and make for a sense of wholeness rather than conflict. Sun Moon square people are supposed to struggle with relationships and if that is in synastry it is not a good connection. Our Sun and Moon aspects denote the relationship between our parents when we were born. We pick up on that and internalise it. Our siblings will have different placements and will show that the relationship between our parents has changed along the way. THe Moon is our hereditary traits and domestic conditions and it is often in the sign of our mothers or grandmothers Sun sign. It is what we pick up via conditioning and habits in our upbringing.

Last edited: