Jupiter transit 8th house -fortune or debt?

insania

Jupiter transits through my 8th house in May. I wonder if J. will give me more problems or help me out with money issues. Sun will also sextile my Jupiter which could be positive.

Can anyone help?

Attachments

• astro_w2at_01_christoph_oli_hp.26797.31442.gif
    astro_w2at_01_christoph_oli_hp.26797.31442.gif
    53.7 KB · Views: 63

tanamarios

It's not necessary means debt or fortune , b/c Jupiter rules your fourth house of home , mother or end of life events.Alsothe 8th house means power issues , other peoples money & death. basically right now , Tr. Jupiter will sextile natal Sun , meaning some positive karma issues with your mom or in your home. Then you will have an Tr. Jupiter - natal Jupiter opposition meaning some monetary issues with your home. Do you wanna buy a house?. It is also followed by Tr. Jupiter square natal Mercury , it could be issues around your profession , yourself and your family also means avoid gambling. And finally Tr. Jupiter trine Venus , and Tr. Jupiter sextiles North Node. , both meaning an increase of income. you could some at the beginning but ending favorable to you.

tanamarios

It's not necessary means debt or fortune , b/c Jupiter rules your fourth house of home , mother or end of life events.Alsothe 8th house means power issues , other peoples money & death. basically right now , Tr. Jupiter will sextile natal Sun , meaning some positive karma issues with your mom or in your home. Then you will have an Tr. Jupiter - natal Jupiter opposition meaning some monetary issues with your home. Do you wanna buy a house?. It is also followed by Tr. Jupiter square natal Mercury , it could be issues around your profession , yourself and your family also means avoid gambling. And finally Tr. Jupiter trine Venus , and Tr. Jupiter sextiles North Node. , both meaning an increase of income. you could some at the beginning but ending favorable to you.
any other question , feel free to ask.

Vista

T Jupiter will also oppose itself in the 2nd the same time if squares Mercury. Not necessarily benefic, but then again the beneficial influence is still somewhere inside the challenging one, you will just have to work harder to achieve it. Jupiter is about expansion and sometimes with challenging aspects, over expansion or over indulgence. Not not be tempted to spend unnecessarily.

insania

Thanks for your answers.

It's not necessary means debt or fortune , b/c Jupiter rules your fourth house of home , mother or end of life events.Alsothe 8th house means power issues , other peoples money & death. basically right now , Tr. Jupiter will sextile natal Sun , meaning some positive karma issues with your mom or in your home. Then you will have an Tr. Jupiter - natal Jupiter opposition meaning some monetary issues with your home. Do you wanna buy a house?. It is also followed by Tr. Jupiter square natal Mercury , it could be issues around your profession , yourself and your family also means avoid gambling.
Jupiter rules my 4th hosue? I thought my 2nd house?

Monetary issues with my home. Could it mean selling a home?

I never gamble so...

And finally Tr. Jupiter trine Venus , and Tr. Jupiter sextiles North Node. , both meaning an increase of income. you could some at the beginning but ending favorable to you.
No idea:pouty: Vista, is this the same transit you are talking about?

Can you see something for the next 2 weeks?
And could Jup. Tr. 8th house mean some business partnerships or is it a Tr. 7th house issue?

Last edited:

tanamarios

Thanks for your answers.

Jupiter rules my 4th hosue? I thought my 2nd house?

Monetary issues with my home. Could it mean selling a home?

I never gamble so...

No idea:pouty: Vista, is this the same transit you are talking about?

Can you see something for the next 2 weeks?
And could Jup. Tr. 8th house mean some business partnerships or is it a Tr. 7th house issue?

Sagittarius rules your fourth house , therefore Jupiter rules it ,and is in your second house. Mercury in your fifth , is the ruler of your Ascendant and Midheaven. you have a natal Mercury-Jupiter square prone to money losses in gambling , partying too much , also could be problems between your mom and your children. Transiting Jupiter making an opposition with your natal Jupiter and also square your natal Mercury emphazises issues of power , between you (Asc), your home (4th house) , your profession (Mc) , your money (2nd & 8th house) and gambling , creativity or children (5th house)

insania

Again, thanks for the answer. Also some of it is true, I never gamble and I don't party too much. Rather the opposite.:tongue:

Last edited:
@tanamarios or @vista can you please give me a timeframe for the transits?

astro.com has a free 'personal portrait' interpretation of a natal chart in the free horoscope section, plus a six month free transit report in 'short report'
Robert Hand gives a valuable in depth explanation of transits here –

Transits
I use--- 1° approaching, 1° exact and 1° departing. If you click on the link listed below for the online ephemeris it will list all planets at any given time. Learning astrology is like learning a new ‘language’ and obviously the more effort you put into something the more your knowledge and understanding will increase. All transits act as ‘background’ influences through a house, until it makes a mathematical aspect to a planet inside or an Angle.

For 'timings' I would look to the retrograde hit as the most important trigger, then look to see what the quicker planets are doing especially mars & mercury --

astro.com has fee six month transit forecast plus when you get into Extended chart selection, look at the three tabs after calculating a chart under ‘method’ default is circular wheels (on left), middle is special charts and in their you get graphic ephemeris 1yr (or 5years) with natal = transits for 1yr and lots more. BUT you first must learn or memorise the 'glyphs' ie: shorthand for recognising what these maps/graphics mean.

For example when you post or reply to a chart the 'smilies' to the right and just under them [more] if you click on there it will bring up a whole loads of 'glyphs' Mercury Uranus conjunction (+or - 8') trine aspect 120' Libra

http://cafeastrology.com/transits.html
http://cafeastrology.com/transits_2.html
http://www.khaldea.com/ephemcenter.shtml
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/transits18.0.htm
http://www.astro.com/faq/fq_fh_transits_e.htm
http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_transits_e.htm
http://www.astro.com/swisseph/ae/2000/ae_2009.pdf
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/learn-astrology/astrology-glyphs.php
http://www.dkfoundation.co.uk/dkfoundation/BookTransitsAndProgressions.htm

Now it's more important to focus on transits from Jupiter to Pluto (poss mars as this is the ignition key)and these planets when aspecting something in your natal chart 'set off' the difficult or nice 'aspects - potential - problems' that your chart expresses. By that I mean if a benefic planet like Jupiter hits/touches/transits your venus, mars or uranus these could be experienced very pleasantly. BUT if your natal venus is afflicted, or badly aspected say conj saturn then jupiter will not has such a good effect. It all depends on how the natal planet is 'aspected'

For me I would say external 'events' must be seen by transits, progressions or Solar arcs to Angles ie: Asc/Desc & MC/IC most other times these events are 'internal, psychological matters as in between the ears'

Now astro.com uses a much wider orb, possibly something like 5° or even 10° that’s why when you use the free transit forecast service a transit goes on for months and months. BUT common sense should tell you when the transit is ‘exact’ then it’s at the strongest. Some astrologers swear by 1° approaching produces ‘events’ some say the 1° exact, some say 1° off for triggering events. I personally look to the exact and 1° off for ‘timings’ especially the retrograde hit (backwards hit)

This last website link is rather nice because it gives interpretations of what the ‘Lord’ of the house cusp ruler means ie: T Jupiter sextiles natal sun, so wherever Leo rules in your chart is connected to the area this transit will be affecting –
http://www.astrology-x-files.com/transits/
Astrology & timings (Electional and event astrology)
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15783

tanamarios

Thanks for the links!

I see, I have Jup. opp. Jup and Jup. Square Mercury and the same time. Uff...:crying:

dont worry . remember that transits are action triggers , it could be "bad" , but also it could be some events between you(Mercury) and your mother(Jupiter)

Last edited:

insania

dont worry . remember that transits are action triggers , it could be "bad" , but also it could be some events between you(Mercury) and your mother(Jupiter)
? Why do you assume I am mercury and my mother is juppiter? I just read soemthing about Jup Tr. in 4th house. Still sounds stressful and not so much fun. Jupiter sextile Sun is also a rather weak aspect.

Last edited:

tanamarios

? Why do you assume I am mercury and my mother is juppiter? I just read soemthing about Jup Tr. in 4th house. Still sounds stressful and not so much fun. Jupiter sextile Sun is also a rather weak aspect.

Because , you are a Virgo Ascendant (1st house) with Gemini Midheaven (10th house) , therefore both houses are ruled by your Mercury . Also you have Sagittarius is in your 4th house , which is the house of home , family , mother , real estate , end of life events , and the ruler of the 4th house is Jupiter. Both planets are in conflict b/c theyre square.

insania

Then you will have an Tr. Jupiter - natal Jupiter opposition meaning some monetary issues with your home. Do you wanna buy a house?. It is also followed by Tr. Jupiter square natal Mercury , it could be issues around your profession , yourself and your family also means avoid gambling. And finally Tr. Jupiter trine Venus , and Tr. Jupiter sextiles North Node. , both meaning an increase of income. you could some at the beginning but ending favorable to you.
I watched my transits. Come on. I mean, jup. opp. jup. and jup. square mercury last for months! While Jup. trine venus and sextile NN are only couple of days long. How should that be any great? Oh and Saturn will enter my 2nd hosue by the end of the year. I am *******.

Last edited:

tanamarios

I watched my transits. Come on. I mean, jup. opp. jup. and jup. square mercury last for months! While Jup. trine venus and sextile NN are only couple of days long. How should that be any great? Oh and Saturn will enter my 2nd hosue by the end of the year. I am *******.

Relax, perhaps you are quite overhyped about the Jupiter transit. Dont get me wrong , Jupiter is the equivalent of an astrological Santa Claus . Regarding Saturn entering the 2nd , it not necessary be a money shortage , but may be a more money-wise.Because is the ruler of the 5th house, money can come from creative endeavours , investments , alimony, of game of chances.

insania

Relax, perhaps you are quite overhyped about the Jupiter transit. Dont get me wrong , Jupiter is the equivalent of an astrological Santa Claus . Regarding Saturn entering the 2nd , it not necessary be a money shortage , but may be a more money-wise.Because is the ruler of the 5th house, money can come from creative endeavours , investments , alimony, of game of chances.

Thanks for trying to calm me down. But let's face it. Jupiter oppositing my natal Jupiter in 2nd house doesn't sound joyful.

WOW, I was reading about the mercury square Jupiter aspect. What an awful aspect. Make me to a loser.

You have mercury square jupiter natally, so all this means is that you will again either overtalk when you should be quiet and undertalk when you should be talking.:love:

Jupiter transits through my 8th house in May. I wonder if J. will give me more problems or help me out with money issues. Sun will also sextile my Jupiter which could be positive.

Can anyone help?

Jupiter transits are usually benefic and it would be a great time to get a mortgage or bank loan, as it's the house of joint/other people money, values

Again, all transits act as background influences, *until* they make an aspect to a planet or angle ie: Asc/MC. Acutally i would look to t mars as the *iginition key* for activating longer term transits....:smile: