Names which are connected to Signs.

Demonen

Just wanted to give some additional info on names which connect to various Signs and their egregores.

Greek names - Eugene, Alex, Steven, Peter. Connected to Gemini

Roman names - Paul, Sergius, Natalie, Lydia. Connected to Aries

Muslim names - Mohammed, Abdullah, Fatima. Connected to Scorpio.

Slavic names - Vladimir, Boris, Stan, Vera. Connected to Aquarius.

Persian names - Darius, Rustam, Keira, Roxanne. Connested to Leo.

Indian names - Gita, Sevitri, Deepak. Connected to Cancer.

Jewish names - Adam, John, Sarah, Reuben. Connected to Pisces.

Scandinavian and Chinese names usually connect to Capricorn.

pwadm

Staff member
That's great information! I recently wondered about names - astrology correlations.

Some questions:
Where did you get it from? Why are the names of a certain culture correlated only with one sign? Aren't there correlations with planets?

Thanks!

blumen

Aren't there correlations with planets?

That was what I thought when I saw Demonen's post. You can find a list of the names associated to planets in the book Horary Astrology, by Marc Edmund Jones, at the end of Chapter 9.

Blumen

Empath

I studied an astrology - alphabet discipline called Acrophonology. I studied the subject under the originator/channel of the concept, Shirlee Kiley. She was a renowned astrologer in my area (South Jersey) and combine astrology, numerology and kaballah in a system that was "given" to her. She wrote a book, Personal Power is in Your Name, and passed on about 10 years ago.

I've been fascinated with this subject and use it, with great accuracy, for character readings. I fyou guys are interested, I could start a new thread and explore the subject further.

To begin, Acrophonology relates each letter to an astolological sign. The list does not follow in lockstep order, and certain letters transmute energy to another sign, depending on position in the name.:
A Aries
B Taurus
C Gemini
D Cancer
E Gemini
F Leo
G Virgo
H Capricorn/Aquarius/Saturn
I Taurus
J Sagittarius/Pisces/Jupiter
K Scorpio
L Libra/Taurus
M Cancer
N Virgo
O Cancer
P Libra/Taurus/Venus
Q Sagittarius
R Aries
S Capricorn
T Pisces
U Sagittarius
V Aquarius
W Leo
X Gemini
Y Capricorn
Z Pisces

Demonen

Radu said:
That's great information! I recently wondered about names - astrology correlations.

Some questions:
Where did you get it from? Why are the names of a certain culture correlated only with one sign? Aren't there correlations with planets?

Thanks!

----Where did you get it from?--- I got it from works of Russian astrologer Pavel Globa. If you can read Russian, you can search his name on Yandex.ru, Russian Internet server.

---Why are the names of a certain culture correlated only with one sign?--- I wish I could know why, but I am very glad to know what i know. :)

---Aren't there correlations with planets?---
Yes, actually. Muslim names are connected to Pluto through Scorpio, Indian names to Moon through Cancer etc.

---To begin, Acrophonology relates each letter to an astolological sign. The list does not follow in lockstep order, and certain letters transmute energy to another sign, depending on position in the name---

I don`t think that a letter can be related to a Sign only by itself, but a whole word can. For example, does the "A" in Adam sound more Jewish than the "A" in Alexander?

Demonen

I forgot to put Jupiterian names on the list.
Ancient Fenician names or modern names with roots in ancient Fenicia connect
to Saggitarius and Jupiter. The only one I know so far is Russian
name Nina, alt. Georgian "Nino".

Draco

Hi Demonen and all,

This is all very interesting, but like Radu said, I am still not satisfied as to why a particular culture would be associated with a particular sign.

I wish I could know why, but I am very glad to know what i know.

If you do not know why, then is it really knowledge or mere acceptance in what someone else has said?

Yes, actually. Muslim names are connected to Pluto through Scorpio

Why is Pluto connected to Islam? As for Pluto's connection to Scorpio, as fascinating as I find the transpersonal or transcendant planets, I do not accept that they have rulership over any signs, any more than they have exaltation, triplicity, term or face. The transcendental planets are above and beyond the petty confines of particular signs. Just my opinion of course, but I am a Virgo, so of course, I am definately right. 8)

Empath,

I studied an astrology - alphabet discipline called Acrophonology.

The correspondences of astrological symbols with letters of the alphabet is interesting, but when Kiley obtained this 'channelled' material and publicised it did she not explain why these symbols should be associated with these letters?

Excuse my Virgoan sensibilities, but I am unable to accept being told that something is so without being told why it is so, otherwise I am unable to make an independant decision as to whether the explanation is valid in light of my own reasoning. I have never been one for blind, unquestioning faith, but perhaps to question the 'whys' would not be conductive to 'discipline'.

Greek names such as 'Peter', my own name, I would not associate with Gemini. This is due to the meaning of the name Peter, which means 'the rock', which would hardly reflect the mutable Air sign of Gemini.

I would be much more inclined to take names on an individual basis according to the meaning of the name. In the case of my own name, if I was to compare it to a planet, then a 'rock' is a hard and enduring thing, it is heavy, compact and solid, so Saturn would probably be the best association with a planet. For a sign, then an Earth sign would be an obvious candidate, but which? Perhaps 'rock' would be the fixed sign Taurus, but then Taurus is far too soft and sensuous for a rock, and Virgo is too prone to movement and adaptabilty being mutable, so I would imagine that Capricorn is the most rocky of the Earth signs, as like Saturn it is also hard and enduring. So for my own name, far from Gemini, I would say that Saturn and Capricorn are the best symbolic reflections behind the meaning of my name.

The French equivalent of Peter is 'Pierre' because it means 'pebble', and the Spanish equivalent is 'Pedro', meaning 'stone'.

Considering this it takes my interest that Saturn is the Lord of the Geniture in my chart, being upon it's degree of exaltation in Libra in the angular 7th.

Surely a personal reflection upon the planet and sign associated with the name according to it's meaning is more appropriate? If we bunch all Greek names together under one symbol, then surely this denies the individual symbolism behind the meaning of each individual name in that particular group, which is surely more important?

If we go down the 'acrophonology' road then the symbolic reflection of my name is as follows:

P - Libra/Taurus/Venus
E - Gemini
T - Pisces
E - Gemini
R - Aries

Hmmm....... :roll: I think I'd stick a symbolic reflection based upon the names meaning.

Radu, I imagine that your name must be a traditional Romanian one, as I have never heard it before. What does your name mean?

Draco :wink:

pwadm

Staff member
Draco, I like your way of correlating names-signs/planets.

Your name, Peter, would be Capricorn/Saturn, in any language: Pierre (French), Pedro (Spanish), Pietro (Italian), Petru or Petre (Romanian) and so on.
Draco said:
Radu, I imagine that your name must be a traditional Romanian one, as I have never heard it before. What does your name mean?
Some sources claim it's of Slavic origin (as Radoslav), meaning cheerful/merry. I would therefore associate it with Sagittarius/Jupiter. (ASC in Sagittarius)

Draco

Hi Radu,

So 'Petru' is a variation of 'Peter' in Romania too. I looked up the Romanian for 'stone' which is 'piatră', which sounds pretty close to Petru.

I think it is only in the English language that the name does not sound like it's meaning of stone, rock or pebble, as it does in other languages, but I think that is because in English it derives directly from the Greek.

Some sources claim it's of Slavic origin (as Radoslav), meaning cheerful/merry. I would therefore associate it with Sagittarius/Jupiter. (ASC in Sagittarius)

Also there is Jupiter on the DC in your chart. It is also in exile in Gemini, so perhaps this is a reflection that you 'chose' the name Radu, in order to remind you to remain cheerful in the face of adversity, to be careful to spread happiness outward from the inside, and not to have your cheerfulness hampered by others?

What I find interesting about looking for our name in our charts, is that it might reflect why it is that we 'chose' that particular name to represent ourselves in this life.

One thing that has always bothered me about the meaning of a particular name is that it isn't unique to oneself. The name 'Peter', for example, and it's variations, is a very common name throughout the world, so it's meaning of 'rock' or 'stone' would apply to everyone with that name. However, if all the different Peter's look to Saturn and Capricorn in their charts, then this makes it so much more individual to them, and will reveal why that particular Peter chose such a name, and what spiritual qualities it suggests according to the way that Saturn and Capricorn is configured in their charts. Thus, all Peter's have the same meaning in their name, but not all Peter's have Saturn and Capricorn in the same situation in their nativities, and it is here that we could look as to what the deeper meaning of 'the rock' is to that individual.

The same could be said of all the Radu's in Romania. All Radu's names mean 'happy', but not all Radu's have the same Jupiter/Sagittarius configuration, which reveals the deeper meaning of the souls intention behind the name.

There are many that believe that when we are named by our parents, that this is not a random event. Somehow, it is said, that the soul of the child somehow telepathically transmits the name that it intends for itself to the parents, and so this is the name that they feel strongly compelled towards naming the child. I am inclined to believe that our name represents the accumulated experience of the soul prior to the current incarnation, and by looking at the astrological correspondences in our chart, this will tell us more.

My father was told by his grandmother, when my mother was pregnant with me, that if the child was to be male, that he must call him Peter. My paternal great-grandmother (who chose my name) died before I was born. I often wonder why it was that she felt it important that I should be called Peter. I have a notion that perhaps my incarnating soul somehow communicated to her my name, as her own soul was departing.

For me, I have the South Node in Capricorn. So I wonder how my name has to do with my karmic ties to the past, prior to this life. I would imagine that my South Node in Capricorn is an expression that I chose the name meaning 'the rock', because I had many hardships and difficulties to endure in the past. My SN is conjunct the 11th cusp, so my name also perhaps marks the qualities of reliability and responsibility that I had among the groups and societies of which I was apart, and perhaps this had something to do with the hardships. Just my ideas.

I am glad that Demonen brought this subject up, because it would be very interesting to have a look at the planet and sign which corresponds to a person's name meaning in their nativity, and then to see why it is that they have this name in a spiritual sense and what it represents, beyond the basic meaning, which is common to all with the same name.

I would imagine that the way to go about this, would be to identify the planet which best expresses the names meaning, and then to decide which sign that this planet rules corresponds best. Of course, the sign may not always be a sign that the planet rules.

I think I might start a thread on the karmic astrology board about this, the astrological symbolism of a names meaning, and the spiritual significance of the name in the chart.

Arian Maverick

Yes, this is a very interesting subject indeed...

I admit that I am not familiar with acrophonology, but I share two letters of Peter's name and found that the signs associated with these letters have some prominance in my natal chart. For example, both my chart ruler (Mars) and Jupiter are located in Gemini, and my North Node is located in Pisces.

Is anyone aware of the signs associated with the letters B and H?

Arian Maverick

Draco

Hi Mav.

The letter B and H, according to 'acrophonology' (acro = height, phono = sound, logy = logic of, I can't understand how this relates to corresponding astrology with letters), are B = Taurus, H = Capricorn/Aquarius/Saturn.

As I said above, I don't really get any significance out of this at all, but if it works for you, good.

Your name 'Beth', derives originally from the name Elizabeth, of Hebrew origin, and it means 'consecrated to God'. Therefore, your name means that which has been sanctified, made holy.

I would consider your name to be Saturn and Aquarius. Let me explain.

To consecrate, means to dedicate solemly to a service or a goal, such solemn dedications or consecrated things carry a very Saturnian vibe, because they remind as to the seriousness of our mission in life, and if a thing is consecrated to God, then this is to be taken very seriously. Out of the signs that Saturn rules, then 'consecrated to God' is more Aquarian than Capricornian. Saturn is exalted in Libra, but this is not as significant to the meaning of your name as is Aquarius, the water bearer - solemn dedication to a service or goal.

Of course this is just my opinion, you may have other ideas as to which planet and sign are more appropriate.

So have a look at Saturn and Aquarius in your chart, and see what they might have to say about why it was that you chose this name. I will note that Saturn is the Lord of your chart, as it is in mine, and we both have Saturnian names. Saturn is the Lord of the Geniture, because it is the strongest planet by both essential and accidental dignity, it has great potential by being dominant in Capricorn, and great power to act upon it's potential by being in the angular 10th. Your Sun is also strong, exalted and angular in the first, but your Saturn is stronger, by being domicile, and so is your Lord.

In your chart Saturn is in Capricorn in the 10th conjunct Neptune and is Lord of the Geniture. Aquarius is the ruler of the 12th house.

What do you think this might reveal about the magical / spiritual properties of why you chose the name 'Beth' ? Bear in mind that every other Beth's name has the same meaning, but they will not have Saturn and Aquarius in the same condition. So if you look to the planet and sign symbolising your name, then this will give a unique reflection as to how the energy behind your name operates in your life, and may give clues as to why this name was bestowed upon you.

Indeed, you may even disagree with Saturn and Aquarius, but this is what I would go for, for 'consecrated to God'.

I think I am going to start a thread about this in the karmic section, about the spiritual properties behind the meanings of our names in realtion to astrological symbolism, and consequesntly what the energies behind the name may say about us spiritually.

Arian Maverick

Wow, I am quite impressed by your assessment of my name! :mrgreen:

Perhaps it would be appropriate to add that my entire name (as recorded on my birth certificate) has a sum of 22--a Master Number. My middle name is Ellen, which is also Hebrew in orign and means 'light'.

Arian Maverick

Empath

The correspondences of astrological symbols with letters of the alphabet is interesting, but when Kiley obtained this 'channelled' material and publicised it did she not explain why these symbols should be associated with these letters?

Excuse my Virgoan sensibilities, but I am unable to accept being told that something is so without being told why it is so, otherwise I am unable to make an independant decision as to whether the explanation is valid in light of my own reasoning. I have never been one for blind, unquestioning faith, but perhaps to question the 'whys' would not be conductive to 'discipline'

Draco,

You are dismissing without using your imagination -- or giving it a real thought. I posted the acrophinology as something to ponder. Your demand for proof and spurious dismissal rankles -- especially on an astrology site -- where NONE of this can be "proven".

However, using the system -- and Shirley's own words, from my notes of 1985.

PETER: Social, wants to get along but makes waves. Does not work well in inharmonious conditions. Low threshold for frustration, temper, opinionated. Must retain independence and individuality. Nonconformist who conforms. Wants to exchange ideas, excellent communicator. Strong need for self expression. Rational, logical, but can over-intellectualize. Clever, witty, storehouse of trivia. Need to substitue faith in place of fear. need to balance thoughts and feelings. Sensitive and intuitive, but blocked by an over-dependence on the mind. Wraps things up after much thought. Can overthink and get stuck in thought. Aptitude for solving problems.

Acrophonolgy bears exploration

pwadm

Staff member
Wow, so many interesting ideas!

Empath said:
To begin, Acrophonology relates each letter to an astolological sign.
Analyzing my full name according to this list, I find the Moon and the Ascendant signs in a much higher proportion, which fits. In other cases the correlations are not so clear. It couldn't be. Interesting though.

Besides the meaning of a name, the exact spelling matters as well. That is what Numerology is based upon, after all. I have found the Sabian Symbols for the Numerological value of a name to be highly significative. This means that the variations of the same name (Peter,Pierre,Pedro,Pietro,Pieter,Piotr,Petrov,Petre,Petru... even Boutros in Arabic) are not the same thing.

Draco: Your story on how your grand-grand mother insisted on you being named Peter and the correlation with the natal South Node in Capricorn seems also very telling. Obviously, she wanted you to have the name of some important person from your family tree - a connection with your roots - the South Node.

So it's not only the name what matters, but also how/why that particular name was chosen; it may be a vibratory connection. The tradition of naming one's baby after the Saint celebrated on the day the baby was born makes sense in this context. When someone enters a convent to become a monk/nun, he/she receives a new name (after a saint), corresponding to the new life that begins on that moment.

Going back to astrology, the chosen name having a special influence on its own, will emphasize one aspect or another of the natal chart.

Empath

Names have many levels of influence:

Sound vibration
Numerology
Linguistic meaning
Family connection
Astrological vibration

The astrologer who taught me acrophonology told us that the most relevant names to read are the name on the birth certificate -- first middle last -- and the mother's maiden name. The mother representing the moon and the spiritual karma.

When you consider that the birth certificate verifies the child's moment of entrance onto the planet, the name would be the energetic/sound signature. It adds another level of vibration to the entity.

Souls incarnate with a star map and the name is the calling card. Quite often there are interesting naming stories, as if the soul whispered in the ear of someone. My name is a good example.

My mother liked the name Elaine, but she only like the pronunciation "Uh - lain", not "Ee - lain", so she hesitated using this name.
My grandmother suggested "Eileen" ("EYE-leen") because she saw the name in a magazine story and liked it. So that's how I got my name.

However:
On the day I was born, there was a blackout in the hospital shortly before my mother gave bith. The hospital's emergency generator turned on, and I was born.

Eileen means "lightbringer" -- something no one knew at that time.

In acrophonology, Eileen is a very verbal, articulate, expressive person who orders and analyzes language -- I found this out after I studied linguistics extensively, won the creative writing award in college, and became an editor! Astrologically, it's a Gemini - Taurus - Libra - Virgo name. I have no planets in Gemini, so I was given 3 Es to compensate in my name.

To this day, if people mess up my name it is inevitably "Elaine" (the Uh-lain version).

Draco

Hi Empath,

You are dismissing without using your imagination

I wasn't dismissing acrophonology wholly, I was just dismissing it until I could know why it is that these letters are given to these particular correspondences. Until then, my imagination has nothing to start with. I just want to know why, that's all. My wanting to know why expressed interest, even if tinged with skepticism, which is wise enough.

I visited the acrophonology home page, and although it explained a bit about what acrophonology actually is, there was not an explanation as to the justification of corresponding the letters to signs and planets. This is just what I want to know. I wanted to try out the demo, but the pages would not open.

A corresponds to Aries because..........?
F corresponds to Leo because...........?

I understand that A,B,C,D are corresponded to the signs in order, and then it all becomes a bit of a jumble. Why is this? There must be some reason that Shirley felt that certain letters had to belong to certain signs?

As an acrophonology disciple, perhaps you could tell me? :wink:

My curiosity and questioning of these 'whys' does not suggest dismissal, but open-minded skepticism. If Shirley can say why she corresponded the zodiac with the alphabet in the way that she did, I will be inclined to further exploration, should her definitions appear well reasoned and conductive to my own imagination.

Your demand for proof and spurious dismissal rankles -- especially on an astrology site -- where NONE of this can be "proven".

Where did I demand proof? I merely asked why the letters are corresponded as such. If I was studying acrophonology, this is the very first question I would ask.

Why should the question 'why?' not be asked on an astrology site? Asking 'why' about something may not produce proof, but it may enlighten one to the philosophy or idea behind the information which is proposed.

A good teacher will never tell one something is so without telling the student why it is so, a teacher who does not tell is a poor teacher, a student who does not ask is a poor student.

In astrology, someone may ask, 'I have read that Saturn is the traditional ruler of the 1st house, but why is this?', then of course, we would tell them why, we would not say, 'you are dismissing without using your imagination...go away and think about it'. The fact that the inquirer read that Saturn ruled the first, but the author didn't even bother to explain why this is so, brings us back to the bad teacher again, the fact that the reader endevoured to ask, brings us the wise and discerning student.

To ask the question 'why?', isn't to demand proof, it is seeking to be enlightened, and to be taught ethically and responsibly.

Futurist

Empath said:
When you consider that the birth certificate verifies the child's moment of entrance onto the planet, the name would be the energetic/sound signature. It adds another level of vibration to the entity.

Souls incarnate with a star map and the name is the calling card. Quite often there are interesting naming stories, as if the soul whispered in the ear of someone. My name is a good example.

However:
On the day I was born, there was a blackout in the hospital shortly before my mother gave bith. The hospital's emergency generator turned on, and I was born.

Eileen means "lightbringer" -- something no one knew at that time.

I

Hi

Just read through this whole thread - fascinating stuff!

I have a friend who gave birth on April 10th. She knew from the 12 week scan that it was a boy and arrived at 2 possible names. However she has still not named the baby. What could be the explanation for a soul not 'transmitting' a name vibration so long after birth? An ideas anyone.

Also Empath, I see you have a chiron/uranus opp across your asc/desc axis. This also reflects your name 'lightbringer' and describes the fear and subsequent relief your mother must have felt when the lights came on and the unusual circumstances of your birth. I don't know if your mother is still with us but I wonder if you ever asked her what she was feeling at that point? As a mother I know I would be terrified if there was a power cut and the generator hadn't kicked in, just as I was about to give birth. The nurses and hospital staff would I imagine have been very uptight and this is reflected by Uranus on desc (others) in your birthchart - which of course is really just a transit chart. I'm not insinuating you would be 'uptight'as a person by the way! I was just noting that children being birthed during a powercut wil have this reflected in their charts.

Likewise, Planets on the Asc (or desc)in a birthchart usually describe what was physically taking place with the Mother. Saturn just rising may indicate a long or slow birth or one that really tires the Mother. Mars, a quick delivery or one with forceful intervention etc etc. My daughter has saturn on the Desc. Things took so long (days) that I just gave up with exhaustion and a Dr was called in (Sa desc) to pull her out which was also a slow process!

Did Katie Holmes eventually give birth in silence I wonder? If so what can we expect to see on the asc/desc of the childs chart?

It's another interesting area but fundamentally I'm interested in the late naming of babies and why this would be.
x
x

EvilPixyScorp

Ok this is alot to think about, my mind is boggled by the research! LoL

Another idea...

Do you seem to meet people over and over with a particular name who act the same to you?
A study and found most funny people are named, "Dave/David" in the US at least.
Or, why certain names are in the Top Ten most popular at a certain era, while some fade(Gertrude), others stick without ever seeming old-fashioned(Michelle), and broad appeal?
Moon ruled for the public?
How about gender-neutral names?
That sounds Mercury/Uranus to me.

And from my experiences, women named "Nicki" always act two-faced to me.
At the very least, a name & how it sounds to your ears evokes a vibration, or image.
An employer would take a Dana, more serious than say, a Selena..it just *sounds* sexy for whatever reason.

From Kabalarians.com...Meanings.

Dave:
The name of Dave creates a quick, analytical, and clever mind;
you are creative, versatile, original, and independent
creates the urge to be reliable and responsible,
we emphasize that it causes a restless intensity that
defies relaxation.
You appreciate change and travel,
and the opportunity to meet and mix with others.
Never happy in a subservient position, inpatient with those
of slower minds.
Hmmm....This sounds like a Gemini/Aries mix.

My name(I'll PM to trusted)
cause health weaknesses in the nervous system,
and mental tension.
You want to assume responsibilities and to look after
people; however, you can become too involved in other
people's problems and tend to worry, especially about family.
Your name gives you a natural desire to express along
artistic and musical lines.
This is all accurate, and ties with the water in me.
It even sounds quite Cancer, my Moon is strong.

Futurist

Kabalarians.com
Hey, what a link. Fabulous. Thanks. I'm changing my name now!

It's spot on
* Although the name Kathryn creates the urge to be original and self-reliant, we emphasize that it limits self-expression and friendly congeniality with a moody disposition.

Yes, Mars in Cancer

* This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses heart, lungs, bronchial area, and tension or accidents to the head.

I know all there is to know about frustration and tension -Mars/Saturn opposition

* Your first name of Kathryn has given you a studious nature, and the ability to concentrate on whatever you are doing.

* You could excel in mathematics or in positions where persistence, independence, and individuality are required.

Yep, Uranus 10th

* In personal associations, a lack of finesse in verbal expression often creates misunderstandings with others, especially with those close to you, because you find it difficult and embarrassing to express depth of feeling when situations arise requiring diplomacy, understanding, and affection.

Saturn 3rd, and as I wrote only last week in my blog, I was born without the diplomacy gene !!

Thanks so much for this insight/link

Arian Maverick

Wow, I'm impressed! :eek:

* Although the name Beth causes an active mind and a restless urge to explore new ideas, we emphasize that it causes a materialistic approach that frustrates higher humanitarian qualities.

* This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the solar plexus and reproductive organs.

* The name of Beth brings opportunities for success in business and financial accumulation.

* It fires you with ambition and promotional ideas, ideas that are original, progressive, and large-scale.

* With this name, success to you is a foregone conclusion, for you cannot conceive any reason for not reaching all your goals, as you have self-sufficiency, supreme confidence, boundless energy, and enthusiasm.

* As long as you have a sense of freedom from monotony and drudgery, and can see progress being made, you feel buoyant and optimistic.

* However, obstacles and frustration can give rise to feelings of impatience, intolerance, and depression.

* The ever-present desire to progress does not allow you proper relaxation or the proper expression of the softer feminine qualities of sympathy, encouragement, and affection.

* Others see you as rather shrewd and calculating.

Arian Maverick