REGULUS, the Regal

Northstar10

Regulus seems to share a common root with the words 'regular' and 'regulate'. Makes sense since it is the arm of Leo, the ruler. A good Regulus regulates and brings everything back to normal, the way it should be. It is the good ruler. An afflicted Regulus becomes the master of dumb, ruling with chaos and calling it the new normal.

Last edited:

Courtney Love

My saturn is 1 degree away from Regulus, but at 0 degrees virgo... still conjunct and applying... What I find interesting is that Regulus is also conjunct my 9th house (of publishing) so I've decided that I'mma be a famous/successful writer, y'all!

teehee.

Seriously, do we only consider fixed stars in terms of conjunctions? or do the usual aspects also matter?

BOOGY99

hi
i am not really sure what to make of Regulus, it is conjunct my sun/uranus conj in virgo 0-1 deg

i know it enters virgo in a few years.

Amoleman

Where do you have REGULUS in your natal chart? If you do not yet know, the 'add fixed stars option' at astro.com could enlighten you on this.

:)aquarius7000

I have Regulus conjunct my natal Sun :joyful: (Regulus is at 29° Leo, my Sun at 29°41' Leo)... so, what does this mean? Will I be King somewhere? lol

Amoleman

Last edited:

Amoleman

I have Regulus conjunct my natal Sun :joyful: (Regulus is at 29° Leo, my Sun at 29°41' Leo)... so, what does this mean? Will I be King somewhere? lol

Amoleman

Regulus with Sun: "Power, authority, great influence over friends, honor and riches, but violence, trouble and ultimate disgrace and ruin, sickness, fevers, benefits seldom last." (Robson)

Oh, well, it's got its good points and bad points :pouty:

Antikythera Mechanism

Hi Amoleman
I was reading this about Regulus:

The astrological influences of the star Regulus
According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Mars and Jupiter, but most later authors liken it to Mars only, while Alvidas states that it is similar to the Sun in good aspect to Uranus. It gives violence, destructiveness, military honor of short duration, with ultimate failure, imprisonment, violent death, success, high and lofty ideals and strength of spirit, and makes its natives magnanimous, grandly liberal, generous, ambitious, fond of power, desirous of command, high-spirited and independent. [Robson*].
It may convey royal properties, noble mind, frankness, courage. The importance of this star.......
[Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1923]

[moderator edit - over 100 words quoted, against forum rules]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mercurius

I have KAALI cj REGULUS exact.

Kaali is a tantric asteroid.

I didnt think of looking at asteroid conjunctions. I'm loving the fixed stars, and I'm learning about Regulus through a friend of mine who has it conjunct Mars.
I think its true about the revenge thing. It feels like it's like Mars/Lilith. I have to watch for that tendency myself. Going too far...

GEMINI78

I have regulus conj my AC at 27 Leo and Mars 28Leo, I also have Saturn in the 12H at 25Leo, but I read it has to be with in 1-3 degrees to count as a conj.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Cor Leonis, the Lion-heart, Regulus, the "Sun behind the sun"*, marks a major sign change in 2012, when, after over 2100 years in the sign of Leo, it moves into 0 degrees Virgo.

*Regulus: 10 times the size of our sun; the only 1st magnitude star in the actual latitude of the sun; one of the fastest spinning of all known stars; makes more ocultations with the Moon than any other star; considered by (some) esotericists to be the "senior" member of the great starry trigon of Sun, Sirius & Regulus.

sirjeigo

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. For some reason I couldn't go back to sleep this morning after waking up to dreams about astrology. I kept searching for Regulus through my phone until I found this forum because I wanted to get some professional insight about my chart. I was born Feb 19 1980 at 9:28am in Toronto Canada. My north node is 29 degrees of leo in the 5th house. Can anyone help give me some ideas or tools to learn about this star? Thanks!

sirjeigo

Thanks for the quick reply.

Does anyone here analyze charts? I'm learning bits and pieces of astrology but find it very interesting but difficult to remember everything.

I feel that I'm suppose to help a lot of people and that its not coincidence that I had this dream lastnight and am drawn to astrology more and more.

paneagle7

WOW! I have Sun in Leo [Midheaven aswell!] at 29 degrees! it is trine jupiter as well. What does that mean?
To all who have regulus conjunct, the stars relates to nobility or strength of some kind, usually of character or working towards perfection, related in my view to a past life, because the entire birth chart is a map of past lives.

I have mercury trine regulus which is conjunct my rising sign. It does not necessarily mean a famous one, but some association is possible. Sir George perhaps had some connection to noble family or leadership group, perhaps as he states his name is a clue. the trine indicates a smooth or easygoing relationship, perhaps one involving travel. find regulus and jupiter positions in astro-cart axis points such as rising or mc if you want to know more about what past life it was or where. Dreams can be a clue to who we were as well, but don't jump when you meet Shakespeare or someone else, because it is usually a metaphor for what it actually was. Regulus squared would lend to more of the so called negative influences, as troubles may have also occurred, again more likely in past lives than present. what you do with your noble position of Regulus today is up to you.

I was a friend or noble in past life and met some of the members in this life. I also have a noble interest in developing a new intelligence of both astrology, psychology, and spirituality, a unity of all in some form, and in each field. see other posts of paneagle for more.