You feel like your solar house?

Witchyone

True alot of blurred lines. Is Mars in Leo true in regards to relationships for you? In other words do you fancy partners who are strong or a bit firecracker-like? Reason I ask is because I came across a few perspectives saying Venus and Mars in Leo/Aries looks for strong partners

Strength yes, not so much the fieriness. Every man I've been attracted to has had something very traditionally manly about him, except for this one dude in college and Michael Stipe.

I'm not a fan of chauvinism or machismo, but I guess I like it when I can relax and trust someone else to both respect my lioness self :tongue: and take charge of stuff. My husband is very take-charge, but in a quiet way.

Edit: I have to amend this a little. I would much rather argue than get iced out, so I guess I do like a little fire. I just never dated guys who talked constantly or made a big production of themselves. I find that a little off-putting. Despite my aggressive tendencies, I'm shy when I first meet people.

Last edited:

Mikehtc13

Strength yes, not so much the fieriness. Every man I've been attracted to has had something very traditionally manly about him, except for this one dude in college and Michael Stipe.

I'm not a fan of chauvinism or machismo, but I guess I like it when I can relax and trust someone else to both respect my lioness self :tongue: and take charge of stuff. My husband is very take-charge, but in a quiet way.

Edit: I have to amend this a little. I would much rather argue than get iced out, so I guess I do like a little fire. I just never dated guys who talked constantly or made a big production of themselves. I find that a little off-putting. Despite my aggressive tendencies, I'm shy when I first meet people.

Lol I looked up Michael Strike and he looks pretty serious on the outside. But regarding your response thank you. I have noticed that common trait myself in other people, this desire for a partner who is Strong or willing to challenge them when necessary rather than having a passiveness to them. Fire attracts them but not the overcompensating fire but more of a natural non threatening fire.

Witchyone

Lol I looked up Michael Strike and he looks pretty serious on the outside. But regarding your response thank you. I have noticed that common trait myself in other people, this desire for a partner who is Strong or willing to challenge them when necessary rather than having a passiveness to them. Fire attracts them but not the overcompensating fire but more of a natural non threatening fire.

In the old days Michael Stipe had a very androgynous look and behavior. It would seem he now has a giant beard, so I guess he ended up having something traditionally manly about him after all.

Mikehtc13

In the old days Michael Stipe had a very androgynous look and behavior. It would seem he now has a giant beard, so I guess he ended up having something traditionally manly about him after all.

You have inadvertently encouraged me create a topic on what we just discussed I'm curious to hear everyones perspective. It may fail because evidently I found out recently that people love talking about plutonic related themes than anything else😏

duenderoja

Why did the 5th house get Leo anyways? Isn’t Leo a barren sign? Isn’t that a complete opposite of what the 5th house is supposed to represent--CHILDREN AND PREGNANCY?

lS8H5KF.jpg

STiLL WAITING FOR ANSWERS

I know my thoughts will be run over like a fat possum crossing a Los Angeles freeway, but the Vedic method may answer your question because it is the same for any school of astrology.

The keywords associated with the fifth house (putra bhava) are:

(please forgive the copypasta!!)

Divine Intelligence, poetry, romance, children, brilliance, gamesmanship, showboating, sowing off, fame, glamour, royalty, celebrity, entitlements, centrality, bright lights, ego, performance arts, politics, literary genius, theatre, creativity, fashion, self-expression, independence, scholarship, ingenuity, selfishness, autocracy, autonomy, self-reflexivity, self-reference, self-evident truth, entertainment, amusement, gambling, games, speculative investment, good luck, confidence

So as you can see it is a very brilliant type of house. One that shines forth in politics and drama, literature and romantic love. One that is only fitting for the Sun. And thereby is only fit for Leo.

___

Regarding my personal solar house.

My Sun is in the third, conjunct Neptune. My chart ruler also inhabits this house, Mercury, conjunct Uranus, on the first half. My third is Scorpio. So I am not as talkative as most. I was hesitant to even jump into this conversation.

But see. That is my problem. I do not know how to converse with people. I always tend to either dominate the conversation, or not participate at all. I never learned the art.

But my writing is phenomenal. For instance, I can express myself better in written form than I can verbally. I believe this may be because of my Mercury sextile Saturn sextile Sun. A triumvirate blockage over my tongue but a force behind my pen.

My Sun Neptune conjunction in Scorpio gives me no real desire to interact with the world. I am content.

Last edited:

Mikehtc13

I know my thoughts will be run over like a fat possum crossing a Los Angeles freeway, but the Vedic method may answer your question because it is the same for any school of astrology.

The keywords associated with the fifth house (putra bhava) are:

(please forgive the copypasta!!)

So as you can see it is a very brilliant type of house. One that shines forth in politics and drama, literature and romantic love. One that is only fitting for the Sun. And thereby is only fit for Leo.

___

Regarding my personal solar house.

My Sun is in the third, conjunct Neptune. My chart ruler also inhabits this house, Mercury, conjunct Uranus, on the first half. My third is Scorpio. So I am not as talkative as most. I was hesitant to even jump into this conversation.

But see. That is my problem. I do not know how to converse with people. I always tend to either dominate the conversation, or not participate at all. I never learned the art.

But my writing is phenomenal. For instance, I can express myself better in written form than I can verbally. I believe this may be because of my Mercury sextile Saturn sextile Sun. A triumvirate blockage over my tongue but a force behind my pen.

My Sun Neptune conjunction in Scorpio gives me no real desire to interact with the world. I am content.

I have a similar problem. I have quite a bit of fire in my chart dealing with mental and communication activities. So I can be a little too combative in which case I'm always caging my aggressive energies so they don't consume me in the Arian chaos. I've always loved talking too third housers especially sun in third housers, so your aspects must really influence your mental discharge in a challenging way

duenderoja

I have a similar problem. I have quite a bit of fire in my chart dealing with mental and communication activities. So I can be a little too combative in which case I'm always caging my aggressive energies so they don't consume me in the Arian chaos. I've always loved talking too third housers especially sun in third housers, so your aspects must really influence your mental discharge in a challenging way

Mental discharge? Challenging? I will need some examples before I can relate.

I keep the the majority of the information I gather (which is immense) to myself. I am an excellent researcher so I am always seeking more information. I would say my number one talent is research. And my chart supports this idea.

I would love to know what you meant. :)

Mikehtc13

Mental discharge? Challenging? I will need some examples before I can relate.

I keep the the majority of the information I gather (which is immense) to myself. I am an excellent researcher so I am always seeking more information. I would say my number one talent is research. And my chart supports this idea.

I would love to know what you meant. :)

Aries third house. Mercury squares Mars. And Mercury placed in the first house *sigh*. Everything must be communicated quickly, please no lag or I get irritated. Whenever there is a dialogue exchanged between someone and i, in the back I can feel myself wanting to CHALLENGE them. Cut their argument to pieces. There's this burning thirst to intellectually dominate certain conversations especially if logically what their saying does not make sense or their being subjective (or in other cases I'm being subjective and making things personal). Which is why it takes tremendous restraint on my end to focus the energies onto harmonious verbal content. I haven't seen the fire until it was pointed out to me multiple times which was odd given my introverted nature.
*😯Who Me!? Hahaha*
In which case I finally saw how people reacted to me (subtle body language), and I felt ashamed of being so aggressive verbally without awareness.
Then the work began on tempering these energies so that they don't operate on a hair-trigger mentality. But it's VERY hard for me. living completely restraining yourself so you don't hurt others and so you don't hurt yourself (fire consumes when uncontrolled). It got me into more problems rather than solve them. Glad for my moon that helps just a tad bit somewhat😏.

duenderoja

Aries third house. Mercury squares Mars. And Mercury placed in the first house *sigh*. Everything must be communicated quickly, please no lag or I get irritated. Whenever there is a dialogue exchanged between someone and i, in the back I can feel myself wanting to CHALLENGE them. Cut their argument to pieces. There's this burning thirst to intellectually dominate certain conversations especially if logically what their saying does not make sense or their being subjective (or in other cases I'm being subjective and making things personal). Which is why it takes tremendous restraint on my end to focus the energies onto harmonious verbal content. I haven't seen the fire until it was pointed out to me multiple times which was odd given my introverted nature.
*��Who Me!? Hahaha*
In which case I finally saw how people reacted to me (subtle body language), and I felt ashamed of being so aggressive verbally without awareness.
Then the work began on tempering these energies so that they don't operate on a hair-trigger mentality. But it's VERY hard for me. living completely restraining yourself so you don't hurt others and so you don't hurt yourself (fire consumes when uncontrolled). It got me into more problems rather than solve them. Glad for my moon that helps just a tad bit somewhat��.

Oh I see where you saw our commonality. It was where I said I dominate conversations. I do it in a different way, haha. I do it by information overload. I am a Virgo rising with Mercury in the third, lol.

Mikehtc13

Oh I see where you saw our commonality. It was where I said I dominate conversations. I do it in a different way, haha. I do it by information overload. I am a Virgo rising with Mercury in the third, lol.

Oh that! That is someone who was fairly close to me. Once he starts getting into.
*Yoda voice. "oh, tell them I must! Share what I know I shall!."*
But yea I'm very not like that so when I watched him talking to people whether it's astrology (their chart that they have never heard of), or history ("did you know..."), I have to signal to him sometimes to SLOW down or STOP otherwise they'll collapse. He laughs about it afterwards saying he doesn't know what comes over him but there's a desire to tell people what he knows and everything else disappears.

Jadi

Well, my Sun is in an intercepted sign. So I can relate to both the 7th as well the 8th, but more so the 8th (whole signs).

Mikehtc13

Well, my Sun is in an intercepted sign. So I can relate to both the 7th as well the 8th, but more so the 8th (whole signs).

What degrees in not whole systems?
Wow people with sun in 8th are very plutonic, what 8th house characteristics do you exhibit?

Jadi

What degrees in not whole systems?
Wow people with sun in 8th are very plutonic, what 8th house characteristics do you exhibit?
What do you mean by degrees? It's in the 7th house in a Placidus chart, 8th in several different house systems. But there are other factors in my chart that would support these qualities so it's just a personal observation within myself.

Witchyone

*😯Who Me!? Hahaha*
Then the work began on tempering these energies so that they don't operate on a hair-trigger mentality. But it's VERY hard for me. living completely restraining yourself so you don't hurt others and so you don't hurt yourself (fire consumes when uncontrolled). It got me into more problems rather than solve them. Glad for my moon that helps just a tad bit somewhat😏.

I know this is all about astrology, but I wonder if some undiagnosed ADD might be at play. Some of what you describe reminds me of my bro-in-law who was diagnosed a few years ago.

I am much more aggressive than I think I am, too, apparently. It IS embarrassing when you realize it. Did you say what house your sun is in? Is is in first?

duenderoja

Oh that! That is someone who was fairly close to me. Once he starts getting into.
*Yoda voice. "oh, tell them I must! Share what I know I shall!."*
But yea I'm very not like that so when I watched him talking to people whether it's astrology (their chart that they have never heard of), or history ("did you know..."), I have to signal to him sometimes to SLOW down or STOP otherwise they'll collapse. He laughs about it afterwards saying he doesn't know what comes over him but there's a desire to tell people what he knows and everything else disappears.

Exactly, which is why I just shut up and say nothing and write a lot. :)

magnolia8

Leo sun in the 11th. No friends and couldn't care less about collective "brother/sisterhood." LOL.

I do LOVE science. And, to a lesser degree, technology. I wanted to be a scientist before anything else as a child, was fascinated by computers, briefly majored in Medical Lab Technology so that I - theoretically - could apply the biological sciences to assist with diagnoses, and consider electrical engineering to be among the few majors I'd tackle. Did I hit enough Aquarian stereotypes? :tongue: Oh, and a part of me would love to have multiple piercings and full tattoo sleeves. Haha.

I don't identify with Aquarius, though.

Mikehtc13

I know this is all about astrology, but I wonder if some undiagnosed ADD might be at play. Some of what you describe reminds me of my bro-in-law who was diagnosed a few years ago.

I am much more aggressive than I think I am, too, apparently. It IS embarrassing when you realize it. Did you say what house your sun is in? Is is in first?

Nope thank goodness my sun is in the 2nd house. If it was in 1st I would have been bouncing off the walls😁

Mikehtc13

Exactly, which is why I just shut up and say nothing and write a lot. :)

No! Share and don't look back. The way I put it when I was talking to a gentleman the other day was; "communication is important, what won't process for them today may process tomorrow. So I throw what I know at them (as long as intuition says to do it) because messages must be delivered."

Mikehtc13

Leo sun in the 11th. No friends and couldn't care less about collective "brother/sisterhood." LOL.

I do LOVE science. And, to a lesser degree, technology. I wanted to be a scientist before anything else as a child, was fascinated by computers, briefly majored in Medical Lab Technology so that I - theoretically - could apply the biological sciences to assist with diagnoses, and consider electrical engineering to be among the few majors I'd tackle. Did I hit enough Aquarian stereotypes? :tongue: Oh, and a part of me would love to have multiple piercings and full tattoo sleeves. Haha.

I don't identify with Aquarius, though.

Interesting how your sun is in leo and in the house of its opposite energy. So you have never thought about humanitarian things? You don't make friends easily while remaining detached?