Ashtakvarga...

toots

Female
D.O.B: april/29/1983
time: 12:48:25 pm
daylight savings
place: Montreal, Quebec

I'm just delving into this area of astrology and from what I gather it would appear that my 5th house is very weak with a debilitated moon in it. Along with a Saturn that has a low points rating, I'm in a not so fun period in my life in the present moment. Can anyone verify the ashtakvarga for my 5th house and chart overall? What does a weak 5th house represent? Are there aspects that help it?

Last edited:

muchacho

Your 5th house gets 20 points, which is way below average (28 points). Your Moon, however, gets 5 points in the 5th, which is fairly above average (4 points). Your Moon's Shadbala value is 109%. Saturn gets 5 points in the 4th, which is fairly above average again. And your Saturn's Shadbala value is 120%. So in that regard both your Moon and Saturn are doing just fine.

Marc Boney has an excellent video on Ashtakavarga:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RxayCi6Tcw

toots

Your 5th house gets 20 points, which is way below average (28 points). Your Moon, however, gets 5 points in the 5th, which is fairly above average (4 points). Your Moon's Shadbala value is 109%. Saturn gets 5 points in the 4th, which is fairly above average again. And your Saturn's Shadbala value is 120%. So in that regard both your Moon and Saturn are doing just fine.

Marc Boney has an excellent video on Ashtakavarga:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RxayCi6Tcw

Your reply is very much appreciated. I have to learn to piece it together rather than isolating one attribute and taking only the negative from it. Though the planets are strong, there has to be a hindrance to 5th house matters, is there not? What would the 20 points signify?

muchacho

Generally, 5th house is the house of children (and creativity). In vedic astrology though it is also the house of the mind and (higher) education. Low scores for a specific house could indicate either lack of interest in the topics this house rules or that you have to apply more effort than usually necessary in order to get ahead. Rather low score in one house also means that you've got rather high scores in at least one other house. Houses with high scores usually play a more predominant role in our lives because that's where we tend to put our focus and energy and so that's usually the houses that prosper. So if you put more energy and attention into low score energy houses, they would prosper, too. But it just wouldn't be natural and so it would feel like effort or even struggle.

toots

Generally, 5th house is the house of children (and creativity). In vedic astrology though it is also the house of the mind and (higher) education. Low scores for a specific house could indicate either lack of interest in the topics this house rules or that you have to apply more effort than usually necessary in order to get ahead. Rather low score in one house also means that you've got rather high scores in at least one other house. Houses with high scores usually play a more predominant role in our lives because that's where we tend to put our focus and energy and so that's usually the houses that prosper. So if you put more energy and attention into low score energy houses, they would prosper, too. But it just wouldn't be natural and so it would feel like effort or even struggle.

Looking back at all my life events, this makes sense. It's almost scary. I'm sorry to get off the topic of my 5th house but do you have any knowledge about Bhadakesha planets? Apparently the Venus in my 11th house is an obstacle for my gains? Not sure how it affects my friendships/networks also.

muchacho

As a rule of thumb, if you are looking for obstacles in a chart, you are always going to find something. So the question is, how relevant is it?