Astrology and Physical Beauty

teafortwo

What would would indicate physical beauty in the natal chart (aspects, angles, placements)? There are other threads on this, and various articles, but no clear consensus.

I came across this thread recently. http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66273. The theory is that for physical beauty Venus should aspect ascendant/ chart ruler and not be afflicted by Saturn. This seems good but I feel that it isn't definitive. Venus in aspect to AC/ RULER, or Venus is the AC ruler and in its own sign/exalted, likely does give beauty, since this configuration is present in the charts of very beautiful people. But there are other beautiful people that don't have this that are nevertheless very beautiful (by no means close to Rosie O' Donnell as that thread indicates) and those that do have this that are merely average.

Thus, there have to be other placements/aspects that contribute to physical appearance. What do you think they are?

Btw, yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I am considering it broadly as in appearance being appealing generally or within the confines of a particular culture, not just a certain type of look.

Last edited:

mooninrevati

my venus is in the 7th house Vedic astrology.. and this a clicked with in a year,
Lagna 20 Kark 28' 26.94" Asre 2 Kark Makar​
Sun - MK 18 Vrisch 58' 23.59" Jye 1 Vrisch Dhanu​
Moon - AK 28 Meen 23' 29.74" Reva 4 Meen Meen​
Mars - AmK 22 Dhanu 13' 06.23" PSha 3 Dhanu Tula​
Mercury (R) - PK 15 Vrisch 18' 40.33" Anu 4 Vrisch Vrisch​
Jupiter (R) - GK 4 Mith 40' 49.45" Mrig 4 Mith Vrisch​
Venus - DK 4 Makar 35' 45.54" USha 3 Makar Kumbh​
Saturn - PiK 17 Kumbh 29' 04.62" Sata 4 Kumbh Meen​
Rahu - BK 10 Vrish 42' 55.18" Rohi 1 Vrish Mesh​
Ketu 10 Vrisch 42' 55.18" Anu 3 Vrisch Tula​
Maandi 7 Simh 10' 07.82" Magh 3 Simh Mith​
Gulika 25 Kark 53' 01.95" Asre 3 Kark Kumbh​
Bhava Lagna 9 Kark 49' 07.15" Push 2 Kark Kanya​
Hora Lagna 1 Meen 18' 59.17" PBha 4 Meen Kark​
Ghati Lagna 5 Kumbh 48' 35.23" Dhan 4 Kumbh Vrisch​
Vighati Lagna 28 Kanya 16' 35.51" Chit 2 Kanya Kanya​
Varnada Lagna 20 Mith 28' 26.94" Puna 1 Mith Mesh​
Sree Lagna 7 Mith 02' 49.89" Ardr 1 Mith Dhanu

Attachments

• bb2.jpg
    bb2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 62

emily23

What would would indicate physical beauty in the natal chart (aspects, angles, placements)? There are other threads on this, and various articles, but no clear consensus.
p
I came across this thread recently. http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66273. The theory is that for physical beauty Venus should aspect ascendant/ chart ruler and not be afflicted by Saturn. This seems good but I feel that it isn't definitive. Venus in aspect to AC/ RULER, or Venus is the AC ruler and in its own sign/exalted, likely does give beauty, since this configuration is present in the charts of very beautiful people. But there are other beautiful people that don't have this that are nevertheless very beautiful (by no means close to Rosie O' Donnell as that thread indicates) and those that do have this that are merely average.

Thus, there have to be other placements/aspects that contribute to physical appearance. What do you think they are?

Btw, yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I am considering it broadly as in appearance being appealing generally or within the confines of a particular culture, not just a certain type of look.
its venus and aspects to ascendant or ruler as you say, but saturn in a square or opposition in the mix doesnt change much, just adds to it in its own way, beauty has many manifestations, with venus at the helm though IMO

Stubborn Virgo

I think it depends on what you qualify as physical beauty.

Scorpio placements and/or strong Pluto aspects might mean that the person has dark hair, dark eyes, appear magnetic or enigmatic. They may draw people to them easily, which in that case may override any physical flaws.

Virgos, Geminis and Pisces tend to look much younger than they really are. They age well and usually have a clear complexion. Virgos are more likely to eat well, exercise and take care of themselves (though this isn't always the case).

Capricorns may become more attractive as they age. Since Capricorn is ruled by Saturn, it seems that if that's the case, a Venus-Saturn aspect might not be all that bad.

I would assume that planets in these signs (and signs in their ruling houses) would also confer some of those benefits.

Last edited:

muchacho

I'd say beauty is all about harmony and alignment. So the birth chart is only half of the equation.

Sweet Pea

Neptune conjunct Ascendant, the viewer will find beauty there because he/she projected it onto that person and mysteriously found it!

Also Venus/Moon harmonious aspects. And Venus conjunct MC has charm that can be enticing.

teafortwo

its venus and aspects to ascendant or ruler as you say, but saturn in a square or opposition in the mix doesnt change much, just adds to it in its own way, beauty has many manifestations, with venus at the helm though IMO

Yes I agree, in most cases Venus is at the forefront of brining beauty. But as the older thread pointed out, Danny Devito had the Venus aspects and no beauty, really. the thread argues that it is the Saturn that impedes beauty in his case. Just to clarify, by beauty I mean a) appealing to the public generally (across all cultures one can agree the person is attractive) or b) appealing based on certain cultural definitions of beauty (e.g., like brittany spears). My interest is in secondary indicators. For example, Hedy Lamarr and Sharon Stone do not have Venus contacting ruling planet or ASC, yet they are considered very beautiful. Will post examples and charts later.

Last edited:

teafortwo

I think it depends on what you qualify as physical beauty.

Scorpio placements and/or strong Pluto aspects might mean that the person has dark hair, dark eyes, appear magnetic or enigmatic. They may draw people to them easily, which in that case may override any physical flaws.

Virgos, Geminis and Pisces tend to look much younger than they really are. They age well and usually have a clear complexion. Virgos are more likely to eat well, exercise and take care of themselves (though this isn't always the case).

Capricorns may become more attractive as they age. Since Capricorn is ruled by Saturn, it seems that if that's the case, a Venus-Saturn aspect might not be all that bad.

I would assume that planets in these signs (and signs in their ruling houses) would also confer some of those benefits.

I'm not talking so much about specific traits as about appeal to the public. I described this above. "Beautiful" would mean you are recognized as such either by people generally or within a specific culture that appreciates such traits, insofar there is anything such as "beauty" at all.

Also hmmm... I have sun exactly conjunct pluto in scorpio in a tight square to ASC (leo) and I have light hair with a gold/red tint and green eyes. Guess the leo wins out??

teafortwo

Neptune conjunct Ascendant, the viewer will find beauty there because he/she projected it onto that person and mysteriously found it!

Also Venus/Moon harmonious aspects. And Venus conjunct MC has charm that can be enticing.

Yes, I'm thinking any venus aspect to MC adds to attractiveness, or even a Venus ruled sign on the midheaven.

Stubborn Virgo

Also hmmm... I have sun exactly conjunct pluto in scorpio in a tight square to ASC (leo) and I have light hair with a gold/red tint and green eyes. Guess the leo wins out??

Yes, I think it depends on the rest of your chart, too. What sign and house is your sun in? Any planets in the 1st house?

teafortwo

Yes, I think it depends on the rest of your chart, too. What sign and house is your sun in? Any planets in the 1st house?

No planets in the first house...My sun is in scorpio EXACTLY on PLUTO.. & I mean exact sun is 9.53 scorpio applying to pluto at 9.54 scorpio (this conjunction scares me sometimes, I don't even know what impact it has tbh), both are in the fourth. My mars, being scorpio's traditional ruler, is in detriment in libra in third, and venus is in detriment in the last degrees of scorpio at the end of fourth. Mercury is ASC ruler by terms, its also in libra in fourth. So its kind of a mishmash. I think I definitely look like a LEO ASC, but it isn't really corroborated as I don't have anything else in leo and sun is in water and in fourth. I don't look like a cancer lol

Last edited:

teafortwo

This certainly makes me feel better about that Venus square MC aspect... :cool:

I think it does, in some beautiful people's charts this was the only venus connection. I'm going to organize the charts I've looked at with corresponding pictures and post them for further investigation as soon as I can get to it.

muchacho

No planets in the first house...My sun is in scorpio EXACTLY on PLUTO.. & I mean exact sun is 9.53 scorpio applying to pluto at 9.54 scorpio (this conjunction scares me sometimes, I don't even know what impact it has tbh), both are in the fourth. My mars, being scorpio's traditional ruler, is in detriment in libra in third, and venus is in detriment in the last degrees of scorpio at the end of fourth. Mercury is ASC ruler by terms, its also in libra in fourth. So its kind of a mishmash. I think I definitely look like a LEO ASC, but it isn't really corroborated as I don't have anything else in leo and sun is in water and in fourth. I don't look like a cancer lol
Interesting that you mention Leo. Personal planets in fiery signs (or ASC) add a certain charisma. Charisma is not exactly the same as physical beauty, but definitely highly appealing.

teafortwo

Okay, I've been MIA from this thread for awhile, but hopefully people will be willing to discuss this. I've selected four samples, I did women first because it's easier, I think with men it is much more subjective for physical attractiveness(i.e, in terms of good looking famous men the opinions tend to vary way more then with women). The samples are all classical actresses who I think have lasting appeal in terms of beauty, and who are considered to resemble each other. I also picked them because while two of them conform to the strong venus theory of beauty, the other two clearly do not. What do you think contributes to the physical beauty of each in their natal charts?

The first one is Elizabeth Taylor.

liz_horoscope.gif

elizabeth_taylor_pixie_hg_de.jpg

This one is easy based on what has been mentioned before. Although Venus is in detriment, it is in aspect to both her ascendant ruler and ascendant, and on an angle. So lots of influence.

The next one is Vivien Leigh

viv_horoscope.gif

vivien.jpg

This one is also pretty easy in terms of what makes her attractive in the chart.Venus is the chart ruler and strong in its on sign. However, it is in the sixth house and makes no aspects to the ascendant or any other angle.

Next is Hedy Lamarr:

hedy_lamar.gif

o_HEDY_LAMARR_FOTO_570.jpg

This one is complicated. Venus is retrograde, doesn't make any aspects to the chart ruler or ASC, it is not in its own sign or exalted, and does not rule any angles in the chart. The only thing I see is a square to the midheaven. However, she is clearly stunning, and quite similar to Vivien Leigh above. Interesting that both have Venus in sixth. (Note: the birth data should be accurate, she has an AA rodden rating on astro.com) So I'm curious what factors beyond venus contribute to her stunning looks?

Jean Simmons:

jean_horoscope.gif

jeans_immons.jpg

This one is also somewhat complicated. Venus is exalted and on an angle, but it makes no aspects to chart ruler or ASC ,doesn't rule any angles, and receives a square from saturn. In the earlier thread, one of the theories was that a strong venus (or one in aspect to chart ruler) provides physical beauty, but a nasty aspect from saturn would defeat it as in the case of Danny Devito. Clearly not the case here.

Bunraku

Strong Neptune in the individual will have people most likely gravitate to the entertainment industry. And as we all know, they are the experts of makeup.

*Warning, these are very simplistic.

I'll just talk about chart rulers in aspect with Neptune here:

*Tyra Banks has a conjunction to Neptune with her Sun (Sag), and has her chart ruler, Moon(Aries), in a tight trine to Neptune.

*Robert Pattinson has Neptune opposition to his chart ruler (Moon) and ASC (Cancer) .

*Hedy Lamarr has Neptune conjunct her chart ruler, in Leo, and trines Mars. Both sexual and artistic placements.

*Angelina Jolie's Moon trine to Neptune. Neptune trines her stellium in Aries (Jupiter, Mars, and Moon).

__
Other Neptune influence:

*Kim Kardashian has Neptune in 1st. Placement that makes the individual wanting to be seen as glamorous. Mars in the 1st for that added sex appeal. Seriously she is all about sex.

*Marilyn Monroe has Neptune in 1st.

*Taylor Swift has Neptune in 1st. Constantly sings about having her heart broken. Her videos are about romanticized views on love. She has a Stellium in the 1st of Capricorn. Mercury-Saturn-Neptune. This is probably why you see her with a long and slender body, and not particularly fleshy. Probably made even more slender with her Sag Sun.

*Paris Hilton, who is very pretty, has her chart ruler, Jupiter (she is a Sag ASC.), in Libra, and has Neptune in the 1st.

etc.