Hardest Pluto transits.

Tarooha

Hey everyone. What are the 3 hardest Pluto transits or aspects you would rank? I’m having Pluto transiting my sun in 12th house right now. I lost my vision and goals in life. There’ll be more to come, since I got a group of planets in 12th and 1st house. I want to know which planets and points that are most significant when there’s a Pluto transit. :innocent:

eekndyn

Hey everyone. What are the 3 hardest Pluto transits or aspects you would rank? I’m having Pluto transiting my sun in 12th house right now. I lost my vision and goals in life. There’ll be more to come, since I got a group of planets in 12th and 1st house. I want to know which planets and points that are most significant when there’s a Pluto transit. :innocent:

time to set some new goals and some new visions. I will say pluto transit south node was pretty memorable. Moon pluto wasn't fun. You will find strength you never knew you had. Things fall apart to fall in place.

Tarooha

time to set some new goals and some new visions. I will say pluto transit south node was pretty memorable. Moon pluto wasn't fun. You will find strength you never knew you had. Things fall apart to fall in place.

“Things fall apart to fall in place” That’s powerful. :surprised: You mean Pluto transiting sun right? All my old goals I thought I want just disappeared when that happened. Life direction changed.

My assumption, I guess AC, IC, DC, MC are critical points when Pluto crosses them. And the nodes and outer planets are also significant. By the way, is there any difference between Pluto transiting Sun vs ascendent? May I ask?

eekndyn

“Things fall apart to fall in place” That’s powerful. :surprised: You mean Pluto transiting sun right? All my old goals I thought I want just disappeared when that happened. Life direction changed.

My assumption, I guess AC, IC, DC, MC are critical points when Pluto crosses them. And the nodes and outer planets are also significant. By the way, is there any difference between Pluto transiting Sun vs ascendent? May I ask?

To me the difference would be powerful change that you yourself can not see. Like looking at the sun, know its there, but can not stare at it. When it crosses the asc its a physical change that you can feel physically. My daughter just had pluto cross her ascendant. She was abnormally tired. (She was a little depressed too.) She was trying to fit in somewhere her heart wasn't really into. She was taking it by force, and ultimately let it go and things started adding up.
Her appearance changed too. Multiple times.

Tarooha

To me the difference would be powerful change that you yourself can not see. Like looking at the sun, know its there, but can not stare at it. When it crosses the asc its a physical change that you can feel physically. My daughter just had pluto cross her ascendant. She was abnormally tired. (She was a little depressed too.) She was trying to fit in somewhere her heart wasn't really into. She was taking it by force, and ultimately let it go and things started adding up.
Her appearance changed too. Multiple times.

Wow! Thank you. So, the ascendent is more physical than the sun. I don’t know if it also relates to some significant events in life or just plainly physical body. I’ll look to this later since it’ll hit that in 4 years. Thank you so much for your response. :love:

Zeuses

Hi

I had Pluto (transit 5th) square sun in 8th and it turned my life upside down although I think Uranus was conjunct sun at Tue same time and Neptune square venus. I let new friends relationship into my life which I would not normally have bothered with which wasn't good. To me, it brought in unhealthy and obsessive/possessive characters and I didn't see it at the time. I thought I was having a ball. Err. No

However, I think you come out knowing yourself better with Pluto. Natally my pluto is in the first house. As mentioned by someone above, I also changed my appearance drastically and although aesthetically I looked better to everyone and there was a lot of attention, particularly from people with money. After the transit finished I pretty much changed appearance and the clothes again back to how I was before and walked away from the people I had met during the transit although the latter took some time to achieve. Be careful who you let into your life during hard Pluto transits. You may well become more attractive to people.

Last edited:

Tarooha

Hi

I had Pluto (transit 5th) square sun in 8th and it turned my life upside down although I think Uranus was conjunct sun at Tue same time. I let new friends relationship into my life which I would not normally have bothered with which wasn't good. To me, it brought in unhealthy and obsessive/possessive characters and I didn't see it at the time. I thought I was having a ball. Err. No

However, I think you come out knowing yourself better with Pluto. As mentioned by someone above, I also changed my appearance drastically and although aesthetically I looked better to everyone and there was a lot of attention after the transit finished I pretty much changed appearance and the clothes I wore and walked away from the people I had met during the transit although the latter took some time to achieve. Be careful who you let into your life during hard Pluto transits.

Hi. Thank you for your response. So, about obsessive behavior, I can see that pretty much too. I’ve been obsessed with goals and what I want, Identity like I have an invisible deadline or something, which normally I don’t have to rush my life that much. I hope I will know my life direction better after it passes. Btw, I hope that each planet that Pluto crosses will have different themes of change to it. For example, Pluto transiting Venus. I’m a very reserved and single person. Hope it changes some patterns regarding that lol. Not just being always catastrophic of every transit, because I still have an ascendent and 5 other planets in line. :pinched: Hope for the best though.

Last edited:

Zeuses

Hi. Thank you for your response. So, about obsessive behavior, I can see that pretty much too. I’ve been obsessed with goals and what I want, Identity like I have an invisible deadline or something, which normally I don’t have to rush my life that much. I hope I will know my life direction better after it passes. Btw, I hope that each planet that Pluto crosses will have different themes of change to it. For example, Pluto transiting Venus. I’m a very reserved and single person. Hope it changes some patterns regarding that lol. Not just being always catastrophic of every transit, because I still have an ascendent and 5 other planets in line. :pinched: Hope for the best though.

I wasn't the one obsessive or possessive but I attracted people who were. It depends on the rest of your chart and other transits too. I have an Aries sun and cap moon so don't like to be around possessive or obsessive people as I like to feel free but we are all different and I had Uranus and Neptune also making challenging transits at the same time. It is important to try and keep a balance though and look at the positive transits coming. I looked at the above retrospectively to try and work out what was going on at that point of change.

Last edited:

Tarooha

I wasn't the one obsessive or possessive but I attracted people who were. It depends on the rest of your chart and other transits too. I have an Aries sun and cap moon so don't like to be around possessive or obsessive people as I like to feel free but we are all different and I had Uranus and Neptune also making challenging transits at the same time. It is important to try and keep a balance though and look at the positive transits coming. I looked at the above retrospectively to try and work out what was going on at that point of change.

Thank you. I can be very pessimistic at times :lol: (Cap sun, Cancer moon). Ahh! I get it now about Pluto attracts obsessive people into out lives. Btw, other transits I’ll have are Uranus conjuncts IC in July and Saturn- Jupiter conjunction on my 0 degree Aquarius ascendent this December. Hope they kick start my life again. Venus and North node conjunction in my 5th house. That brings some fun I guess. Lol. Btw, thank you so much for your response.

OuterPlanets89

I've had a few Pluto transits:

1) T.Pluto in Capricorn square natal Libra ASC ('19-'21ish); Also had Saturn doing the same - they're transiting my Natal 3rd House.
- This one has been the hardest overall, but partly for personal reasons (older, in a city without as much of a support system, and more responsibilities on my plate = worse coping mechanisms like drinking).
- I will say Pluto transits to the ASC are especially tough because you can't hide any of the heaviness from anyone. People can tell right off the bat that you're dealing with a lot - and this is tough to my Libra ASC which doesn't like to show that to the world. But I suppose that's the point of the transit -- to destroy the "always seem happy" tendencies of my ASC.

2) T.Pluto in early Capricorn (in my natal 3rd) square natal Sun/Mars in Libra in my 12th ('09-'12ish); Also had Saturn in Libra passing over those two. Both my Sun/Mars are in hard aspect to my Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune, so almost my entire chart was directly affected, as they're all part of a monster T-Square.
- Pretty much became a different person during this time. It wasn't easy at all, but it was very rewarding. Lost my old friends, and went from an extrovert to an introvert, but also found myself creatively, spiritually and psychologically during this period. Developed positive coping mechanisms like meditating, reading and exercise.

3) T.Pluto in Sag square natal Moon in Virgo in the 11th ('99-'01ish)
- I was a kid, so it's difficult to say. I definitely hid my feelings from my parents, and there were many changes/challenges at home during this period. I started to rebel a bit at school and with my friends in response to my home situation.

Last edited:

Oceanis

Allow me to focus on the Houses Pluto transits (as an individual with very strong Pluto/Scorpio influence in my chart, and natal Pluto in the 12th, opposite natal Sun:

I actually like Pluto in the 12th, as he will swipe clean all your subconscious fears, inadequacies, and not helpful subconscious patterns. It is all about death and rebirth. Consider the process as necessary yet frightful, just like going to the dentist. However, his transit on your 1st house will make you all mighty, confident, and therefore well equipped to make your dreams come true.

sentR89day

In no certain order.
-Pluto conjunct the Sun
-Pluto transit conjunct, or square, natal Saturn
-Pluto square the Moon

They are intense.

sentR89day

There is no one size fits all. what is a disastrous transit for one person is bumpy road for another.
Precisely. But some people, like me, were just listing what we heard, from around forums, astrology circles, the comments sections on astrology videos, etc, etc.
I don't believe that there's a 'consensus' of one as the hardest transit, but I do think that there is like a top 20 (in no order) of the hardest transit (Pluto, or not)!

IleneK

Premium Member
If we are sharing our experiences of which Pluto transits are the most difficult then I would say Pluto square Moon, first, and then Pluto opposite Merc. Pluto square the Moon was very difficult emotionally with Pluto in Scorp. The second one I lost complete interest in astrology, Pluto opposing Merc in Gem in the 10th, Merc ruling Uranus in Gemini, also in the 10th. Then it was radically transformed.

FraterAC

In my lifetime, Pluto has transited (ie conjoined by transit) the MC, the Sun, Saturn, the Lord of the 8th house, the Moon's South Node, The Ascendant, Neptune, Mars, and the Moon. It has transited by opposition Uranus and Jupiter, and squared Venus, Itself, Neptune, the MNN and MSN, Saturn, the MC, Mercury, and the Sun. Pluto has completely transited my 1st and 10th houses. By 2ndary/Major progression, my Sun has been semisquare Pluto, and by Minor progression, Pluto has conjoined the Sun. In my natal chart, the Sun and Pluto are conjoined on an angle, so one could say I was "primed" if you will to experience Plutonic influences.
I can say from personal experience, the one transit of Pluto one should be absolutely terrified of is --
None of them.
Life is change. There is nothing to be afraid of. Fear not.
It is only our unwillingness to accept change, and our fear of it, that makes it hard. In every change there are opportunities, although they may be somewhat disguised at the time. Every transformation is an opportunity to grow, and brings real benefits.
While my life hasn't necessarily always been running on golden rails to Happyland, I have to say that most of these, one might say hard, transits or progressions (which in my experience are more potent than transits) have been experienced as just part of the wear and tear of life. None of them stand out in my memory as terrible experiences. I am not a mass of scar tissue. I am happier now and more content than I have ever been. Life goes on.
I'm not bragging. I'm not Superman. I'm just an ordinary guy.
So I would say, do NOT be afraid of anything that may come from upcoming Pluto transits. There may be challenges, sure, but they can be dealt with.
Fear not.

FraterAC

As an example from my experience referred to above:
At the time my Secondary/Major-progressed Sun was semisquare natal Pluto, arguably the "hardest" and post powerful forecasting aspect with Pluto in my life, I relocated 1000 miles from where I grew up, in my 30s.
Just to paraphrase one astrological source, which I will continue to reference in this post, Sakoian & Acker say this (Sun SSQ Pluto) would indicate disruption by forces beyond the individual's control, power struggles, especially involving inheritance, the partner's money, issues of life and death, harsh and unsympathetic behavior (fortunately there was no disputed financial dimension to this situation; in fact I got a small amount of assistance from my family).
In addition, Maj-prog Mars was semisquare Neptune (S&A: Secret intrigues, uncontrollable subconscious desires, self-destructive tendencies) and square the MNN and MSN (anti-social attitudes, out of step with cultural norms, poor timing in business affairs). Progressed Venus was just separating from natal Saturn; that ought to tell you something right there (loneliness and emotional depression, critical junctures regarding romantic relationships). Maj-prog Saturn was conjunct natal Mercury (fear, mental depression, responsibility). Maj-prog Moon was square Maj-prog Uranus in the 8th (emotional instability, unpredictable changes, family instability, unexpected deaths, erratic behavior).
Pluto was transiting my 12th house (the house of "sorrow, trouble and self-undoing"). It was semisquare natal Mercury (suspicion, mistrust, mental coercion) and Maj-prog Saturn (the Greater Malefic, repression, inhibition, delay and denial). Neptune was transiting opposition to natal Uranus (subconsciously motivated erratic behavior, unpleasant psychic experiences, confusion about goals and objectives, unexpected fraud).
Sounds like the native would be in a World of Hurt, right?
I had a romantic separation, had some challenges adjusting to my new environment and finding a job, and of course it involved separation from the past. But frankly, it was an adventure. Within a year things were pretty much back to (boring) normal, with no long term ill effects.
No one died, no drugs or evil psychic experiences, no significant depression or erratic or self-destructive behavior.
A lot of forecasts sound much worse when read in an astrology cookbook (or what somebody is going to tell you online) than they end up being in actual experience.
So like I said, FEAR NOT!

FraterAC

In that case above, Secondary/Major progressed Mars was "square the MNN and MSN (anti-social attitudes, out of step with cultural norms, poor timing in business affairs)." I forgot to mention the 2nd/Maj Midheaven (progressed by Solar Arc in Right Ascension, not longitude), was conjunct natal South Node of the Moon.
All that was just to illustrate that the hard aspect of Maj-prog Sun to Pluto wasn't the only hard aspect progression amongst a field of trines and sextiles.

Sunset

I will be having T Pluto :aquarius: conjunct AC / Venus square Pluto :scorpio:
Right now at an orb of 7 degrees.

I suspect this will be a difficult one. But I can't tell you about it yet.