Jupiter in 11th

I have this placement, I would think then that according to this quote below, wherever Jupiter is placed you were good and wherever Saturn is placed you were very, very bad. Lol (joking). Looks like I was unselfish to friends in a past life. although I had a evolutionary reading one time that said my Jupiter in Leo 11th was too much like a clown and my Sun/Saturn aspect across Virgo/Pisces were lessons in humility, self restraint etc. Which has some relevance as other parts of my chart are reactionary, or over emotional. The Sun, Mars, Jupiter I always look at as future development, the sense of destiny purpose and will. The fire in our souls which gives our life meaning. I think Jupiter in 11th is about growth and development with the group consciousness in this lifetime.

You are very generous with friends and find pleasure participating in groups or organizations. Your unselfish acts on behalf of your friends or groups of people in a prior life has rewarded you with good friends in this life. Being well-liked, you attract friends who are beneficial to you.

R4VEN

I think Jupiter in 11th is about growth and development with the group consciousness in this lifetime.

I also have Jupiter in 11th, and for me, the groups to which I've belonged have been transformative in many ways.
However, I've had to search long and hard for my group, the group of like-minded individuals who are prepared to take the road less traveled. The journey continues.

Hi R4VEN,

I can be a big group contributor and enjoy being involved with like minded individuals, at times I pull away I think my Chiron square Jupiter tends to burst my balloon at times. I like that you used the word Journey maybe we each take our own path in life searching for answers or just being with people who are like ourselves and we find a group we can relate to, and in some ways we don't feel so different, but in other ways we can also recognise our own individuality when in the "group" as it's always important to keep your own individual values and thoughts. I do enjoy the diversity of people from all over the world. It has been said this placement is good for achieving goals through friendships and associations. I suppose any area you take a positive approach to really enhance growth and opportunities.

R4VEN

but in other ways we can also recognise our own individuality when in the "group" as it's always important to keep your own individual values and thoughts

That's a very succinct description of my own experiences in groups. I was part of a Housing Co-operative for over 20 years - have only just disbanded it, phew! - and whilst I gained much life experience, skills and affordable housing from this, it was also sheer hell for much of the time. I'm a Leo with natal sun conjuct Pluto, and was always able to identify issues of which others seemed oblivious, and felt myself continually engaged in an inner struggle to remain calm, patient and understanding.

Classic!! You don't have a harsh Ceres placement by any chance? `Earth unfortunately' is exactly how I'm feeling this week, no, perhaps all year! On the other hand, perhaps all my life!

R4VEN

Shining Ray, I've just read your blog articles on the astrology of depression. Have experienced depression for much of my life - there have been external triggers which began even before birth, but is an all pervading experience for me all the same.

Just thought I'd give you some feedback.......In relation to what you mentioned in the blog, natally I have:
* Capricorn ascendant
* Chiron in Scorpio (and in the 10th house)
* Moon's south node in Scorpio (also in 10th)
* Sun conjunct Pluto
* Saturn in the 8th
* Mars very closely conjunct Neptune in Libra (both conjunct my Midheaven)
* also Ceres closely conjunct my moon (in Cancer) which
brings my mother (and her mother, and her mother's mother...)into the picture, as my mother also had a close Ceres-Moon conjunction.

Listed like that, I'm amazed I'm still here!!! I've always considered that my Cap ascendant, whilst plodding and serious, has also managed to ground me and keep me here. It tells me to stop being a baby and go and do something useful!!!

Thanks for the link to the blog.

Last edited:
Hi R4REN,

I am mostly Pisces with Squares to Neptune, I prefer the "other world" to this one lol. You do have a lot of the indicators of depression but depression isn't a wholly negative experience to me, often you hear people say cheer up snap out of it etc. This to me is unnecessary as I think being depressed often highlights something blocked in the personality and if you keep avoiding being down or depressed you are not going to work through the whole process as to why you feel this way, sometimes you have to go through a period of darkness. I have noticed other people are more uncomfortable with depression than the person who has depression, it's like their afraid to deal with some of the darker emotions.

Capricorn and Scorpio have great strength and perseverance. Often you find your inner strength through the most difficult of times. I have an angular Saturn opposed my Sun and I have felt it difficult to express myself fully and sometimes felt imprisoned within myself. For many years I have struggled with deep feelings of low self worth, not feeling good enough. I still struggle with unblocking my Sun from all the anxiety and fears, it's still a process I am working through.

JayM

Shining ray in your web page you say:

Depression of spirits usually follows from the Moon or Venus being challenged by Saturn, or in Saturn signs, especially if the 3rd house is involved. Venus challenged by Mars can affect real happiness. Venus square Saturn often gives life of regret and sorrow unless other influences powerfully counteract. Such person’s nearly always stake all their happiness upon one person, and losing him or her, lose all.

I have these aspect and I used to feel this way, not so much now but still. What do you suggest someone with these aspects do? Also if you look at the thread that I started in house cusp,s called mars intercepted in the first I would appreciate it (the thread went in to other things).

Last edited:

natasa812

Dear JayM, my Mars is in Pisces in 1th TOO! Can you imagine!!! I wrote about Mars in Pisces and in 1th at another post. I feel fine, all the time, enormous energy, for life and for work... It is fine for me...Use the energy!
here is the paragraph:
With Mars in the First House you are likely to exert your energy and initiative into personal affairs and self-expression by developing a capacity for action and personal leadership. Self-confidence and courage are gained by active participation in rugged, physical and competitive sport or other similar activity. This position of Mars tremendously increases will-power and you are likely to be motivated by the need to win and to be first in your particular field. You have the capacity to achieve much and generate enthusiasm in others, though you must be careful not to burn yourself out through over-activity. You are, in a general sense, actively searching for a strong social self-image.
And for Mars in Pisces:
Mars in Pisces - Pisces Mars

mars.gif
pisces.gif

Mars in Pisces indicated that you will assert yourself in an emotional, sensitive, unassuming, co-operative, cultured, humorous, refined and caring manner. Energy levels can fluctuate day to day, much depends on your emotional state of mind. The incentive to action is governed not so much through logical assessment or practical necessity, but by intuition, 'how you feel' about a situation. Much of your personal energy is channelled into the subconscious mind, you are, therefore, naturally introspective and withdrawn. However, your refined and sensitive nature is well-suited to artistic, creative and imaginative endeavour - such as religious and spiritual work, music, romantic literature or humanitarian projects. Frequent periods of quite and solitude are necessary in order to recharge your energies. On occasion you can be devious, evasive, gloomy, indolent, changeable, irresolute and indecisive. Sex is synonymous with love and idealised romance. Your sensitive and self-conscious nature demands secrecy and privacy for sensual activity. Lovemaking is passionate, imaginative and emotionally elevating.
window.google_render_ad();

window.google_render_ad();window.google_render_ad();Best regards

R4VEN

Shining Ray said:
Hi R4REN,

You do have a lot of the indicators of depression but depression isn't a wholly negative experience to me
Me neither, to be honest. I believe I am a deeper, wiser (everyone calls me wise, and have since I was still in my teens - that's Cap Rising I believe) and more compassionate person as a result. Both my adult sons have also experienced long-term depression, and we have lots of D&M's (deep & meaningful discussions) about all manner of subjects.
I don't actually enjoy the depressed times, but I do value the (inevitable) outcomes.

Shining Ray said:
Capricorn and Scorpio have great strength and perseverance. Often you find your inner strength through the most difficult of times.
I can vouch for that, too.
Remarkably, I consider myself to be a very confident person (I have sun in Leo) despite the ongoing depression. I know that I can do anything at all, and when my energy is high enough, I do.

For me, over a lot of years (and I'm now 60) I've managed to expose the origins of this depression, and its roots go back at least 3 generations on my female side.

R4VEN

JayM said:
R4VEN, Do you know how I can find out where Ceres, vesta, pallas athene, and Juno are in my chart?
Here is a link for an ephemeris for Ceres.

http://www.librarising.com/astrology/tables/ceres.html

For the other asteroids, I'm not sure. The only suggestion off the top of my head is that you go to astrotheme.com and register your birth details, and they print out a birth chart for you with most of the asteroids listed.

Cheers.

blueheron

I have a client with Jupiter in the 11th. (she also has a Sag rising.) If she puts out a flyer, everyone shows up. She's more capable of gathering a group together than anyone I know.

kshantaram

Premium Member
Re: Jupiter in 11th/kshantaram

regards,

have retrograde jupiter in the 11th, work in the hr profession dealing with people/groups, was promoted 1979, 1992 with jupiter transit 11th but nothing happened in terms of seeking job while transit jupiter 11th during 2004 and looked strange to me on the reliability of such significant transits in giving hope.

right now have retrograde saturn in the 11th over natal retrograde jupiter and seem to be stuck without employment opportunities for more than a year from now.

expert comments could generate insights for me. thanks.

kshantaram

Lotus

blueheron said:
I have a client with Jupiter in the 11th. (she also has a Sag rising.) If she puts out a flyer, everyone shows up. She's more capable of gathering a group together than anyone I know.

I am also very skilled at getting people together. I have Jupiter in Leo in the 11th.

I have the ability to put people off, too much enthusiasm. I am still waiting for all my friends in high places. Jupiter has it's benefits here, it is supposed to be a happy house for Jupiter according to traditional astrology. According to my very first set of astrology cards that my parents bought me as a teenager it says:

Jupiter in 11th

Enormous enjoyment of friends, social life and being a member of a group. A faithful pal. Good a inspiring others and encouraging their enthusiasm. Can take long-term view of life. Great charisma. Manager of organization or club.

I can't wait to be the boss one day :D . I don't know who I can boss, as everybody tells me what to do. My vocational report said I could be a team leader, where's my team lol. Me, myself and I. I do enough chat for ten of me. Anyway, I am trying to be more serious from now on, be more Saturn in 1st. Efficient, productive, and mean.