Midpoints and there importance in Astrology

astralrabbit

Account Closed
Hello Everyone, I am not certain as if this is the correct place for this thread, but I am sure that can be corrected.

I have perused through the forum looking specifically on discussions pertaining to midpoints and have not found anything rewarding so to speak concerning the nature of their use in Astrological Interpretation.
So If anyone could suggest any informative literary work pertaining to Midpoints then please point me in the right direction. If there are any who are
experienced with there use of them on here then please could you help to start a discussion about there practical use and there culmination of energy in any given chart when being transited. If there are any previous articles on here then please provide a link to them. Thank you all!

greybeard

Rheinhold Ebertin -- The Combination of Stellar Influences
Michael Munkasey -- Midpoints, Unleashing the Power of the Planets
Noel Tyl -- Solar Arcs

The first is the "standard work", or "original source" on midpoints. The introductory portion of the book explains how to use midpoints and what can be expected from them.
Munkasey adds to Ebertin from his own experience. This book also provides a path to understanding how to use and combine keywords.
Tyl presents a slight modification according to his lights as an addenda to the work that is primarily dedicated to the use of solar arcs.

Probably specific examples of midpoint transits (and natal midpoint structures) are the best way to study them.

Astrologers of the Uranian school rely heavily on midpoints and are probably your best source of information on their use.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
I realize that there are many astrologers who use the mid point pictures themselve as a focus of a chart.

However my use of them is to ehlp define the significant answer to a crises causes by squares and oppositions. The midpoint of a square or an opposition is the point where the greatest chance of solving it exists.

Zarathu

Account Closed
A Natal aspect being activated by transit or progression correct? and the action required lies within the energy of the sign and its decanate?
Thank you

I don't use Transits to natals or transits to progressions or progressions to natals.

And the action is lots more complicated that being in a sign or a decanate. I'd need to see a suggested chart to show you.

astralrabbit

Account Closed
I don't use Transits to natals or transits to progressions or progressions to natals.

And the action is lots more complicated that being in a sign or a decanate. I'd need to see a suggested chart to show you.

Here is a chart of an actress...Zooey Deschanel and thank you again for your contributiion.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_155_zooey_dechanel.79776.53982.jpg
    astro_2gw_155_zooey_dechanel.79776.53982.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 15

Zarathu

Account Closed
Here is a chart of an actress...Zooey Deschanel and thank you again for your contributiion.

OK..... what is the question about her chart.

Zooey is one of my favorite young actresses, and I'll go to any movie she's in. She is a couple of months older than my daughter.

astralrabbit

Account Closed
OK..... what is the question about her chart.

Zooey is one of my favorite young actresses, and I'll go to any movie she's in. She is a couple of months older than my daughter.

Yep, I enjoy her acting as well. I love her voice...and enjoying listening to her singing.