Astrology & The Muses

MaeMae

Banned
Anyone know much about the Muses?
I don't, but a friend recently referred to me as Calliope, so I looked her up.
She was a writer and musical and bossy, evidently.
I like it!
me ~ moon gemini, venus pisces, leo rising.
I want to change my name to Calliope. But I won't.
If there are other Muses out there, which one are you?
And while I'm at it ~
does the day interrupt the night or does night interrupt the day?

Last edited:

princess valhalla

I love mythology! I would have to say Thalia, muse of comedy. Although I think I like dark humor mostly. Night definitely interupts the day but that might be because of the Texas heat. :crying:

JUPITERASC

And while I'm at it ~
does the day interrupt the night or does night interrupt the day?
Funny you say that MaeMae :smile:

Siriusly though, our "modern" terms, “Horizon” and “Sun Set” veil an ancient history.

Horus was the Egyptian god of light who personified the daylight portion of the 24 hour cycle.

Set, was the god of darkness and night who appeared at "Sun Set" personified as the Jackal headed god of the Egyptian underworld.

For the Egyptians it was a continual duel aka battle between (1) Horus-sun (Horizon) aka sunrise and (2) sun-Set

Set 'murdered' Osiris. Then Horus, son of Osiris, 'killed' Set when Sunrise on the Horus-Sun defeated the night which began at Sun Set... and so the cycle 'endlessly' continues... depicted as a repetitive "battle" for supremacy

"Jesus, as Sun (aka son) of god struggles with Satan (Set or Sata) in just the same way Horus battles with Set. It's all dualism. It's Light and Dark, good and evil, God and Satan. Set and Horus continue to battle for control of the world, setting up an epic conflict of good versus evil" The Pagan Origins Of Christianity http://www.africaspeaks.com/reasoning/index.php?topic=4604.0;wap2

Last edited:

MaeMae

Banned
intersting jup, tks!
i never knew the sun set / horus son story.

PV ~ do you feel you have Thalia-like traits that touch your astrological placements?

th