Night people vs. Day People research

ashriia

I'm interested in what makes people fond of or energized by the night vs people who feel invigorated by the day and sunlight.

To begin this conversation. I am a night person. I have moon conjunct ascendant and Cancer/ Lilith in the 1st house. I think that is what makes me a night person. But I am not an expert and that is just my theory.
Hence the reason for starting this conversation.

So are you a night person or a day person? What in your chart do you think conveys this? additionally and not necessarily astrological, do you prefer Gold or Silver jewelry?

Melaike

Night person here,
I have 4th house Moon in Sagittarius

Right now the only jewellery I'm wearing is my silver earrings.I don't like too yellowish-reddish gold colors.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Decided night person (since at least 1968!)
-born early afternoon hours
Natal positions include:
-Virgo ascendant, with Saturn and Mars in Virgo
-9th whole sign house Taurus positing Mercury and Sun
-Moon (waning) in Pisces in 7th house along with Jupiter
-Cancer on 11th house, positing Part of Fortune, and Uranus (with Uranus most elevated planet in the chart, followed by Mercury)
-Neptune in 2nd house in Libra
-Pluto in 12th house in Leo
-Venus in 8th house in Aries
...I have no preference for gold or silver: but if forced to say, I would choose gold...

My late wife, Leslie, (passed away @ 57 years of age) was also a night person, although whether or not this was due to my being a night person I cannot say: she had an early evening birth, Libra ascendant positing Neptune, Moon in Scorpio in 2nd house, Sun in Gemini in 9th, Mars & Saturn in Libra in 12th house, 6th house Pisces with Jupiter...Leslie preferred silver

poyi

Premium Member
This is an interesting topic. I was born as night person according to my mum I never slept at night since infant time which I continue to find working night shift and staying up at night as my preferred waking hours. Maybe a natural vampire!

All my planets are below the horizon, born at 01:55am. Virgo ascendant, Moon in 5th house as the last to rise. Jupiter at IC the point of midnight.

I also prefer silver and moonstone and I found blue shade stones really beautiful to me. I also love cheese, milk a lot and crazy about cats these are ruled by moon. I can walk in the dark and not as scared comparing to regular people. I often found the day time activities extremely chaotic. Too much simulations maybe. I can handle ghost and death fairly well.

dr. farr

In my natal 7 planets (except Neptune Moon and Jupiter) are above the horizon; in my late wife's case, the planets were about even between the horizons...

Last edited:

StillOne

I'm definitely a day person and more so a morning person. My energy is definitely best in the morning. I love love love the earlier hours of the day!

My Moon is in the 12th house Gemini and Sun is in the 4th house Libra conjunct Uranus. So we already know I'm going to be weird. :wink:

mdinaz

I would have thought the Sun being the deciding factor but from what people say it appears it is the Moon that decides it. All my planets except Saturn are below the horizon, with my Moon on the IC. I'm mostly a night person although I do my best work either in mid-afternoon or late evening.

ashriia

Decided night person (since at least 1968!)
-born early afternoon hours
Natal positions include:
-Virgo ascendant, with Saturn and Mars in Virgo
-9th whole sign house Taurus positing Mercury and Sun
-Moon (waning) in Pisces in 7th house along with Jupiter
-Cancer on 11th house, positing Part of Fortune, and Uranus (with Uranus most elevated planet in the chart, followed by Mercury)
-Neptune in 2nd house in Libra
-Pluto in 12th house in Leo
-Venus in 8th house in Aries
...I have no preference for gold or silver: but if forced to say, I would choose gold...

My late wife, Leslie, (passed away @ 57 years of age) was also a night person, although whether or not this was due to my being a night person I cannot say: she had an early evening birth, Libra ascendant positing Neptune, Moon in Scorpio in 2nd house, Sun in Gemini in 9th, Mars & Saturn in Libra in 12th house, 6th house Pisces with Jupiter...Leslie preferred silver

I'm certainly not as skilled as you are in astrology. But I wonder if your venus in 8th house has anything to do with you being a night person. If venus rules things we value or appreciate and being in the 8th. also aries & a preference for gold despite being a night person. Hmm. interesting. I can't see a connection with your other aspects and being a night person, that is the only one that stands out to me, at least.

ashriia

I'm definitely a day person and more so a morning person. My energy is definitely best in the morning. I love love love the earlier hours of the day!

My Moon is in the 12th house Gemini and Sun is in the 4th house Libra conjunct Uranus. So we already know I'm going to be weird. :wink:

hi stillone! :biggrin: you should win a prize, first sun/day person to post.

what about jewelry silver or gold if you were to choose?

ashriia

this is great as a learning tool. I hope more people will post..

maybe more and more patterns will emerge.

I wonder if a debilitated sun and a more harmonious aspected moon can also be linked to a preference for night.

and vice versa. afflicted moon, harmonious sun =day person..

that seems over simplified though...

so hopefully there will be a lot more posts.

Cap

Night suits me better. My reasons are peace and quiet, stillness, empty streets...

If I have to choose I would choose silver.

Moon in Cancer (6th) :moon::trine::mars: ; :moon::square::uranus:

Sun in Capricorn (11th) :sun::square::pluto:

ashriia

Night suits me better. My reasons are peace and quiet, stillness, empty streets...

If I have to choose I would choose silver.

Moon in Cancer (6th) :moon::trine::mars: ; :moon::square::uranus:

Sun in Capricorn (11th) :sun::square::pluto:

incognito in the streets with that sun square pluto, I am sure! :wink:

poyi

Premium Member
I forgot to mention I was born on the 7th days of the Moon phase so that is first quarter.

"A first quarter moon rises at noon and is high overhead at sunset. It sets around midnight."
http://earthsky.org/moon-phases/first-quarter

So it might explain I normally wake up after midday and most active after night :biggrin:

I found the blue, lavender, with mixed of silver and golden shades of Moonstones very elusive like the other planet that rules dream, Neptune.

I bought this ring on Etsy, truly elusive stone, under the light, better under sunlight it has multiple shades milky white clouds, golden, silver, ocean blue, sky blue, lavender.

This is the picture of the seller presenting the ring. The shades of the stone are far more pronounced viewing it in real than the picture.
il_570xN.339520983.jpg

Last edited:

ashriia

Day. I function best in the early afternoon.

Sun: Taurus, H10
Moon: waning, Sagittarius, H5
Mercury: Gemini, H11
Venus: Aries, H9
Mars: Rx Sagittarius, H5
Jupiter: Rx Virgo, H3
Saturn: Taurus, H10
Uranus: Rx Virgo, H3
Neptune: Rx Scorpio, H4
Pluto: Rx Virgo, H3
Ascendant: Leo
Part of Fortune: Pisces, H8

Silver. I'm with Poyi, I love moonstones.

interesting a day person, with a preference for silver and moonstones! that's neat.

I wonder if your preference for day comes from Leo/Sun being your chart ruler, Sun elevated in the 10th house? what sort of aspects do you have to your sun? just curious

greybeard

Well, Dr Farr, you've got me flummoxed.

You give you birthday as May 10.
The positions you give in this thread point to a certain year...
But either Mars-Saturn or Moon-Jupiter must be below the horizon.

I have a great deal of respect for you...your knowledge of astrology, of course,
But even more, the way you have formed your own character.
So I was looking forward to finally getting your chart....
Close, but no cigar.

ashriia

That is a beautiful stone. I've always loved the look of Opal... not sure if they are the same. they look alike.. . I was reading in Linda Brady's book Discovering your Soul Mission; that lavender is associated with Pisces. silver-blue with Cancer. are those two signs prominent in your chart?

I'm fond of darker opal shades because they look like nebulae. :wink: Also amethyst but that is off topic!

I forgot to mention I was born on the 7th days of the Moon phase so that is first quarter.

"A first quarter moon rises at noon and is high overhead at sunset. It sets around midnight."
http://earthsky.org/moon-phases/first-quarter

So it might explain I normally wake up after midday and most active after night :biggrin:

I found the blue, lavender, with mixed of silver and golden shades of Moonstones very elusive like the other planet that rules dream, Neptune.

I bought this ring on Etsy, truly elusive stone, under the light, better under sunlight it has multiple shades milky white clouds, golden, silver, ocean blue, sky blue, lavender.

This is the picture of the seller presenting the ring. The shades of the stone are far more pronounced viewing it in real than the picture.
il_570xN.339520983.jpg