Should I Visit Him in Brazil?

byjove

Account Closed
Hello!

Background on question; I had a romance with a man in June 2014 which we agreed had powerful long-term potential. We were both very happy and full of joy. He had to return to his country and is taking care of his sick mom. 7 months later, we are still in contact and can't seem to quit each other. Related questions on this topic have been asked before, and regarding what has changed, he has declared to stay in his country for another 2 years, to spend time with his sick mom and tidy up his life better before moving abroad. 7 months later, the situation is still unresolved. He says he cares about me just as much and will move wherever I am. I'm still trying to discern how much of this is reality vs. fantasy and how truthful he's being. I'm testing him and I'm also very genuinely interested in visiting him in his country, likely in March. Should I visit him in Brazil?

My Interpretion:

Querent: Sun, Leo Rising, ruler Sun in Capricorn, 5th house
Quesited: Long-term partnerships, 7th house, Aquarius, Saturn in 4th of Sagittarius
Moon: Moon in 10th of Gemini

Querent and quesited rulers do not meet. Querent and Moon do not, but quesited, Saturn and Moon are within 1 degree of an opposition. Moon is separating from Saturn, some aspect of the situation is over, finished? The lack of contact between the Sun and Saturn can't be good. No?

Other factors, Jupiter, ruler of foreign places and people is conjunct the ASC. Jupiter rules the quesited, Saturn. Mars, ruler of the 9th house is sitting on the DSC and opposing Jupiter. I really can't figure out what that means. Opposition from the other guy? Another man in his life? Fights between us? A practical obstacle or frustration?

I can't help but note that the Sun, part of me, is sitting solitarily in Capricorn, not making any noticeable aspects. What does that mean? I should be plain about my intention - I love him and would be delighted to see him. I've come up with the idea to try to bridge us. There is no lack of interest or enthusiasm on my part. Jupiter on the ASC, my enthusiasm, Moon in the 10th of Gemini, fickle emotions? Saturn, the quesited, in the 4th of Sag, aspecting the ASC, Jupiter, Moon, Mercury, Venus, MC...everything except the Sun. What does that mean?

Result? I think no. But what kind of no, don't do it, or it won't work out? The lack of contact between the querent and quesited doesn't look promising. The fallback, the Moon, is prominent and connects to much, but it is separating from an opposition with the quesited. Something seems over. But what do the promient Jupiter and Moon placements mean, the solitary Sun and Saturn that contacts everything but the Sun?

Can anyone help?

Attachments

• Should I Visit Him in Brazil.gif
    Should I Visit Him in Brazil.gif
    90.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Culpeper

Premium Member
You are the Sun, but it is not making any aspects. I see the Sun in the 5th house so you may have a pleasant holiday in Brazil, but nothing will come of it in the end.

natasa

I am not very good in astrology but I`ll give it a try...
I think we should look at the Mars as well since he represents your 9th house which is a house of long trips. He is in terms of Jupiter but in the face of Moon which is the outcome - meaning that the trip and the outcome are not in harmony.
The question is about the journey to Brazil to see him and the Moon - the outcome just left the opposition with him - the Saturn.
If the Saturn is involved with everything else in this chart but with you - Sun, it also doesnt ``feel`` right to me. Something just doesnt feel right here.
About his mother, even if we take his 4th which is ruled by Venus or his 10th as some other astrologers take - which is ruled by Mercury - both of those planets - Mercury and Venus are in his 12th under ruler ship of Saturn - him. Have you spoke with his mother? Is she ok?
Still, something doesnt feel right in this chart. If your feeling is bad, then, follow your intuition. You are wondering yourself about how truthful he is being.
Please post a feedback and follow your intuition.

waybread

By Jove, I agree that the omens don't look hopeful. In some horary texts (like Olivia Barclay,) it's best to discard charts with Saturn ruling or on the DC, apparently because the 7th rules the astrologer and the querent isn't likely to appreciate the answer.

I think this chart is radical, however. Saturn (him) in Sagittarius in the 4th does seem to suit your lover's move to his overseas home. (Is he an older man, or Saturnine in some way?) Then you (sun) in the 5th house suggests either that this relationship is more like a casual love affair than a committed partnership; or else as Culpepper suggested, that a trip to Brazil would turn out to be more like a pleasant holiday than a real commitment. The sun and Saturn don't make an aspect, and the moon isn't helping, either.

If you really care for him and his signals are otherwise encouraging, and... if you can afford a trip to Brazil, &c, &c there's probably no harm in going, but not with any huge expectations.

This is also one case where I think some natal chart-reading would be helpful. How is your synastry? Individually, is this man really commitment material? What stressors are affecting him just now? (If it is mom, check his natal and progressed moon, and the 4th and 10th houses.)

byjove

Account Closed
Thanks everyone. I appreciate your time and consideration.

Pleasant holiday...

The trip and the outcome are not in harmony...

As for not "feeling right" about the lonely Sun...I suspected that he may not have always told everything, or that he deliberately hid things from time to time. That gave me the horrible fear or being a 'fling', a casual affair. I told him at the outset, if he wanted just fun, say it, and let's part. But actually, he grilled me, checking that I was serious in long-term relationships. He is 32 and has already been married for 7 years. So, he certainly is very well-established. But I feel his actions and words may be terribly out of sync and I suspect an element of fantasy on his part, unrealistic goals in moving to my city.

I have not spoken to his mother. He claims that he told her about me and showed me many pictures when we were together. He seemed proud of her.

My intuition is confused. I've been battling within myself whether this is total lies on his part or something real which has been interceded by great difficulty. I wonder if he's married to his job, in fact. He's highly motivated and dedicated to it and he earns about 4 times my good salary.

Saturn ruling the 7th, should the chart be abandoned? If the general consensus is that the chart is valid, even if I don't like the result, I'd take it. I'm open on this.

Yes he certainly is Saturnine, thinner on emotions and highly personally disciplined. He's just a few years older but I could feel the deep life experience. Professional, personal. I felt like I caught 'a big fish'. But is this fish 'for real'?

I can check his chart. I'm not great with Moon progressions but I'll get onto it if it could help here.

I suggested going to visit him for a week. He said he would be delighted. I completely expected 100 excuses. But nope. I have to tell you, the money doesn't matter, how to fix a destroyed heart if it went wrong...but if he's up for it, maybe worth the chance?

NOTE - I selected the chart for my current location, where I'm spending Christmas. I do not live here. Have I chosen the correct location for the chart - the location of creating the thought in my head?

waybread

ByJove, your location for a chart would be the place where you asked the question.

Unfortunately, I don't have the answers on "how to fix a destroyed heart." But if we don't take risks in love, then we will never truly find it. Broken hearts are a universal condition of humanity, as all of those popular songs tell us.

It seems like your foundational question isn't about a trip to Brazil, but something more like, "Does he love me with the same intensity that I feel for him?"

byjove

Account Closed
Tiki, thank you for taking a look. Yes, the querent and quesited lack of connection isn't helpful and the Moon connections is indeed separating.

I have to say though, what I'm surprised at is that given the few developments on this case, when I've asked something, despite the clear signs of endings, I have to ask myself how he and I are still in regular contact 7 months later expressing these things. Are we both blind? Believe me, he contacts me and expresses strong feelings as much as I do.

Waybread, OK good, the location point is settled. I thought I'd probably chosen the correct location. I just thought I'd check.

As for avoiding a broken heart, I accept the challenge of taking a risk. I guess I need to see him meet me half way, I think I'll have a chat with him make absolutely certain we're 100% on the same page before I see him. I'll make a calculated risk, but not a leap of faith.

As for the ultimate question and careful phrasing, at the time of formulating the question, my mind was quite at peace. I didn't have several doubts sapping energy on the side, as can sometimes happen. If I had any doubt at the time of the question, I know it can muddy the water. I'm happy that the question was right at the time, with the subtext of things working out, as I hinted in the opening. It's true though that having delved further into this, now I am thinking about our levels of mutual interest.

tikana

hi

even if you take 1/9
you still get a NO

Jupiter retro natural ruler of 9th house returning to a place where you have been before

T

byjove

Account Closed
Update: I've decided not to do this. I have definitely accepted the signs coming up here. Additionally, I've detected a mis-match between his words and his actions a lot lately. He says I mean a great deal to him but keeps saying he's busy and can't talk, while he finds time for everyone else. That's says plenty.

natasa

I think this is a wise decision. It may be difficult at the moment but you`ll be proud of yourself after. And who knows what kind of unpleasant event or even dangerous might wait you there... Just didnt have good feeling about this chart... This is purely intuition now that something was wrong here.
Whenever something goes away - it opens a space for something better to come.

waybread

Byjove, you seem like a really good man. You deserve someone who truly gets this about you, and wants this sincerity and capacity for commitment in a partner. Sometimes, in hindsight and despite all the heartache, "the one that got away" is better off away.

With all good wishes for what (and whom) is next in your life, W.