What predicts that a person will be a good doctor?

Vagabondgirl

Im currently studying to become a doctor. But sometimes I wonder if its the right thing (although Im pretty sure on the other hand). Im Libra so cant help it;)

Are there anythings about the chart that says that you will become a doctor or a good doctor? And like do it for the rest of your life?

I heard some rumours about saturn opposite the ascendant is a usual doctor thing (I have this aspect). Also I have a huge 6th house with many planets. But are there other main things that Ive missed here?

Vagabondgirl

Hi:)

Yes, I will post it now.

Im thinking about pediatrics or gynechology, but not 100 % sure. What do you see from the chart?

Attachments

• astro mary.jpg
    astro mary.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 38

waybread

Vagabondgirl, with your far northern birth, your houses get pretty skewed using the Placidus house system: I did a quick look at your chart using an equal house system to see if that made a difference.

I think you will make a good doctor. Virgo and the 6th house are particularly concerned with health, and either way you have strong placements. The ruler of your MC [career house] is Saturn: it is strong and well-aspected in your 6th house.

I think you might find gynecology and obstetrics more compatible than pediatrics--but then, I have no medical qualifications, so you are a better judge of what these specialties entail! But you have Venus conjunct moon: the two feminine planets. Venus has to do with younger women and female sexuality, whereas the moon refers to mothers and older women. These two planets conjunct your Mars: the planetary ruler of the surgeon. Your Mars is in a favourable aspect to Saturn, your career house ruler, which is promising.

Squares to Mars can give a person a rash temper, however; so if this sounds like you, hopefully you have some good, vigorous athletic outlets for your Mars nature. With your Mars semi-square Pluto you can even be tempted to seek revenge against people, which is seldom good for the angry person herself.

The 5th house is the house of the child, which is your sun's placement in an equal-house horoscope; but your sun in Libra might be more attuned to issues facing couples than to children themselves.

A specialty like obstetrics might use both your interests in medicine, as well as your likely talent in doing surgergy.

Last edited:

Vagabondgirl

Thank you for your reply!

I thought the chart might point more to gynechology because of my venus-moon conjunction yes. But I havent been to this department yet, so I havent seen or felt anything for myself.

Interesting... Ive never seen my chart as an equal house chart. Is this as reliable as the placidius?

waybread

I find that Placidus normally works fine, except for people with high-latitude births like yours. Then generally you find a couple of houses that are enormous, with most of the houses compressed into very little space. In a place like the far northern edge of Norway, you can actually have houses that disappear. So an equal-house system might work better for such people. But you can also try another of the unequal house systems like Koch, to see if it gives you more "normal" houses.

Then you kind of have to see what seems like the best fit with your personality and life experiences. It may well be that someone with a 6th house [of health] occupying so many planets is actually a realistic fit for someone in medical school.

Vagabondgirl

I see!

I used to get depressed before when I could see all of my planets in "boring" old 6th house. I thought: So I will just be a service person for the rest of my life, haha. Not far from the truth now maybe:)

It took me a while before I decided to study medicine. Im glad I found my path, cause not everyone I know have yet....But most are still young!

Vagabondgirl

Yes, when you put it that way:)

I was just reading something else about virgo and the 6th house being followers and never leaders. :whistling:

Vagabondgirl

Vagabondgirl, with your far northern birth, your houses get pretty skewed using the Placidus house system: I did a quick look at your chart using an equal house system to see if that made a difference.

I think you will make a good doctor. Virgo and the 6th house are particularly concerned with health, and either way you have strong placements. The ruler of your MC [career house] is Saturn: it is strong and well-aspected in your 6th house.

I think you might find gynecology and obstetrics more compatible than pediatrics--but then, I have no medical qualifications, so you are a better judge of what these specialties entail! But you have Venus conjunct moon: the two feminine planets. Venus has to do with younger women and female sexuality, whereas the moon refers to mothers and older women. These two planets conjunct your Mars: the planetary ruler of the surgeon. Your Mars is in a favourable aspect to Saturn, your career house ruler, which is promising.

Squares to Mars can give a person a rash temper, however; so if this sounds like you, hopefully you have some good, vigorous athletic outlets for your Mars nature. With your Mars semi-square Pluto you can even be tempted to seek revenge against people, which is seldom good for the angry person herself.

The 5th house is the house of the child, which is your sun's placement in an equal-house horoscope; but your sun in Libra might be more attuned to issues facing couples than to children themselves.

A specialty like obstetrics might use both your interests in medicine, as well as your likely talent in doing surgergy.

The thing about Mars square Uranus youre talking about concering the hot temper isnt true at all! Or not that Ive heard from others? Most people say that Im the most well tempered tolerant person they know of.

But its true that I can feel pretty angry sometimes, but usually keep it to myself.

Doesnt this aspect mean Im accident prone or something? This sounds like a scary aspect!