So, I'm liking the idea of Draconic astrology...

Pallas-trine-Mars

It uses the point of the North Node (the Dragon's head or Caput Draconis), wherever it is as 0 degrees Aries relabels the degrees of the other planets accordingly, like if the Node was at 20 Gemini and the Moon was 25 Gemini, the Moon would be relabelled as 5 Aries and house locations don't change (the signs on housecusps would though as the planets had).

• It combines both the Sun and the Moon (the node is where they meet or oppose causing eclipses), usually considered two of the most important planets for being the brightest (or is the Sun, the reason for Tropical astrology, more important?)

• It could end or loosen the whole Tropical/Sidereal debate and even uses a point that's very important in Vedic, Rahu (North Node), and this way the signs would realign with the constellations every 19 years instead of the tens of thousands it takes Tropically.

It's a little more difficult to figure out a person's 'sign' since the zodiac itself would be shifting every 19 years so for instance a Leo Sun would only be in August every other decade and could be in any season, not just summer plus no planet would be spending more than 19 months in a sign, but I think the signs might work the same or similarly.

Still love tropical, but if nothing else I think Draconic is an interesting concept. Care to share any criticisms or reviews on it or other alternative zodiac systems? I heard of one that uses 14 signs.

Last edited:

barbh

Account Closed
Hi Pallas trine Mars

I use Draconic astrology a lot, and have been for years. It tells a story that tropical astrology cannot. Have done lots and lots of experimentation with it. Basil Fearington introduced me to it. He writes about it on the Meta Arts Journal. It really shows soul compatability with someone. If I put up someone's draconic chart, and compare it to my draconic, or my tropical, and if they already are, or will be, an important person in my life, the conjunctions are remarkable.

I also use it to do my daily diurnals. Its waaaaay more specific and accurate if you use both draconic and tropical. Do one diurnal chart ( time and place of your natal chart, but use the current date) in tropical, and the do one in draconic, and then do a bi-wheel, you can see events when the planets of the draconic chart conjunct angles of the tropical and vice versa.

This is one of the biggest tools in my astrological toolbelt. One that not many other astrologers have discovered yet. :bandit:

barbh