Will I make Astrology into a side profession

aquarius7000

Hi folks,

Will I make Astrology into a side profession? That is the question I asked.

Now I have had that idea off an on for some time in my mind. It is no secret that I am quite passionate about Astrology and also have a strong sense of clairvoyance.

Whilst I have my own (non-astro) full-time career, I would like to take my Astrology a step beyond just reading charts for friends and people on Astrology forums.

I have been into Astrology seriously for about a decade, but have been fond of it and reading voraciously about it for about 15 years now.

Per the chart, Mercury (ruler of the 10th and also the natural sig of Astrology), though debilitated in Sag, is in the first house (my house). The Moon has just separated from Mercury and moving to conjoin Saturn, which is the natural significator of work. However, the 10th house cusp is in the 29th degree - now what exactly could that mean? Could it mean that I am finally going to make astrology into a side profession - as in later degree = mind already made up, instead of just thinking about it in my head?

Or is it actually bad to have it at the 29th degree?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Astrology_as_a_side_profession_hr.46882.37435.jpg
    Astrology_as_a_side_profession_hr.46882.37435.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

aquarius7000

I had to run an errand earlier on, but now that I look at the chart again, I see that the Moon is translating from Mercury to Saturn (which incidentally also rules the 2nd house). My worry here is that Mercury is not in good shape. What I also notice is that Mercury signifies clients (7th house) and the Moon their money - all of which is in the 1st house.:)

waybread

I'd give this a, "Yes, you can do it, but maybe now is not the best time."

You're Jupiter, in the 11th house of hopes and wishes for the future. Jupiter is in its own terms and in-sect, so it's got some strength. Mercury is ruler of 10th (if the 10th fits for you, fine) and is the traditional ruler of astrology. It gets some demerits for being in detriment, but it is also angular and in Jupiter's sign and terms. So, not so bright that you'd need sunglasses just to look at it, but there is some strength here.

The moon's next aspect is to Saturn. Even with the translation of light, Saturn in the first is a classic indicator that the inquired-about matter will encounter difficulties.

Normally I'd use the modern outers occasionally, just as additional data points. We've got Uranus as the modern ruler of astrology on the cusp of the 5th house of leisure activities. Mercury and the moon both apply to a nice trine with it.

Jupiter and Uranus are both ruled by Mars. He's in detriment and without other essential dignity in the 10th house of career.

My sense is that, yes, you do have strength in astrology (which I know from reading your posts even minus the horary chart,) but this may not be the time to make that jump-shift into a second profession. Perhaps this is a time to continue building upon your amateur skill set, and then ask again about a profession in the future.

aquarius7000

Many thanks for responding, Ms Waybread.

I feel honoured by your gracious presence on my humble thread (That is my modern outer, natal Uranus in the third thanking you:p)

I shall heed your most valuable advice and refrain from astro-careering for some time.

On a more sober note, I agree, in general, with you that Saturn in the first is not so nice. However, given the nature of the question, Saturn here represents clients, which I will need, of course, since I will want to make some money off of this art (if I ever get to it, i.e.), so will need clients for it. Saturn in the first, therefore, to me show that clients will approach me on their own, say if I were to create a website or something.

What I do not like is Mercury in detriment. Why did that have to be in my chart? :D
However, as your aptly noted, it is angular and in Jupiter's (my) dignity, so it likes me.

Thank you again. I will send you a link once I do make a profession out of it and you can please spread the word in Canada. :).

PS: please do not mind my mischievous self. I have some growing up to do still.

waybread

Thanks, the above was just my best shot at your question. I look forward to learning about your future professional success.

aquarius7000

I have my doubts... mercury is too weak it is conj Saturn...
Thanks, firstly.

Can the weak Mercury mean that I am not able to make my mind up whether or not to start? And, also have been lazy to initiate things there?

Or is it that the timing is not right, as Waybread pointed it out?

Or are you discouraging me from doing this at all?

Coming, Tikana, you can jolly well be a bit more specific than that.:happy:

Culpeper

Premium Member
The chart does show promise. My delineation uses whole sign houses so may they may not agree with Reg. houses. Mercury, the natural ruler of astrology, is in the first house where it usually does well. Astrology is covered by the 9th and 3rd houses, and astrology as an avocation is most likely the 3rd house. Saturn in the first house rules the 3rd. The Moon is carrying light from Mercury to Saturn which also rules the second house. You should be able to find some paying clients. The 11th house is weak so do not look for them among your friends. You will have to advertise, do some marketing of your service.

aquarius7000

The chart does show promise. My delineation uses whole sign houses so may they may not agree with Reg. houses. Mercury, the natural ruler of astrology, is in the first house where it usually does well. Astrology is covered by the 9th and 3rd houses, and astrology as an avocation is most likely the 3rd house. Saturn in the first house rules the 3rd. The Moon is carrying light from Mercury to Saturn which also rules the second house. You should be able to find some paying clients. The 11th house is weak so do not look for them among your friends. You will have to advertise, do some marketing of your service.
Thank you, Culpeper. I too read the TOL quite the same way as yourself.
However, does that weak Mercury bother you?

And, any sense of timing you can get from the chart?

Chrysalis

Reading through the replies, its amazing how we can all see different things in charts.

Anyway this is my input, and i think you can do it.

Sun L9 is ready to move into sagg where then you jup will receive sun, but using whole signs your in your 12th house square the 9th house, and inconjunct the 1st house, so it won't be so straightforward doing this, but who doesn't like a challenge.

As moons just left mercury you could even use mercury for yourself as this is representative of learning too, mercury and saturn are in pitted degrees, also mercury at present in detriment and moons moving from mercury to saturn, so it won't be a straight away thing you can do, its gonna take sometime with saturn there restricting you.

BUT after moon passes saturn, she will then hit saturn AGAIN by antiscion in capricorn....BUT will then hit mercury's antiscion after in capricorn.

So i think you will (moon and merc in 1st) but it won't be something that takes off straightaway.

Last edited:

rafaella

Have you done a professional astrology course? I think to do well, doing a course is best to give more weight to your work. Of course we've had several professionals taking on horary, I wouldn't say their delineations were any better than the horary amateur's. lol...

I'd say with Mercury ruler of career in 1st is positive, you could do this professionally, however as noted, its in detriment. So I do not think this profession will go far. You may have some clients, but there may be long periods where you don't. You won't make a name for yourself in this career basically. Moon is conjunct Saturn, that doesn't look nice.

Money you gain from this profession is 2nd from 10th, so Venus, which is in detriment. Jupiter has dignity by term, so there is some dignity and ability.

I think it may very well be just a small side business/profession. all the best!

aquarius7000

Thank you, guys.

I don't really have ambitions of making Astrology a full-time thing for myself. It will only be a side business. I used to take classes from an astrologer during my stay in Europe, but am mostly self-taught. She was excellent and she is the one that actually even encouraged me to take this up professionally, especially after I looked into her chart a couple of times and made some predictions to a tee. I have had quite a few predictions I have made come true in the past couple years. So much so that it actually scared me enough to not make money off of it because I took (take) it as a divinity. Anyway, nonetheless, I wanted to see what the chart says. So, again, thank you all for the discouragement :p Just kidding. If I do start it as a business, I will surely write to you all, so you can send me clients and prove yourselves wrong:D

rafaella

Thank you, guys.

I don't really have ambitions of making Astrology a full-time thing for myself. It will only be a side business. I used to take classes from an astrologer during my stay in Europe, but am mostly self-taught. She was excellent and she is the one that actually even encouraged me to take this up professionally, especially after I looked into her chart a couple of times and made some predictions to a tee. I have had quite a few predictions I have made come true in the past couple years. So much so that it actually scared me enough to not make money off of it because I took (take) it as a divinity. Anyway, nonetheless, I wanted to see what the chart says. So, again, thank you all for the discouragement :p Just kidding. If I do start it as a business, I will surely write to you all, so you can send me clients and prove yourselves wrong:D

No we are just jealous, as I'm sure we all had such thoughts of becoming the next famous astrologer. haha.. I had a Vedic natal chart reading once and I asked the astrologer if according to my chart I should get into astrology professionally, he basically said its very hard to build up clientele, it took him 8 years to build up a steady income from astrology. So he basically discouraged me.... lol

No go do it, even if just for fun, but I guess don't expect become rich and famous from it, is what I mean. Are you going to focus on natal chart astrology?

aquarius7000

No we are just jealous, as I'm sure we all had such thoughts of becoming the next famous astrologer. haha.. I had a Vedic natal chart reading once and I asked the astrologer if according to my chart I should get into astrology professionally, he basically said its very hard to build up clientele, it took him 8 years to build up a steady income from astrology. So he basically discouraged me.... lol

No go do it, even if just for fun, but I guess don't expect become rich and famous from it, is what I mean. Are you going to focus on natal chart astrology?
Raffy, honey, I don't expect to be rich off of Astro, or off of anything at all. I donate through German, American and Indian charities to support homeless, street and disabled children. I want to start my own non-profit some day, so I know exactly where the money is going, and I want to do so in the near future - like a year or two. So, I will be able to do more using Astro money, hopefully. I don't have it in my natal chart to become famous, so I know that - and now you confirmed it, too, so I am throwing in the towel on that one.:lol:

I often do a combo of natal-predictive and, if I feel the need to double check, I pull a Horary chart. Similarly, if I start off with Horary, I some times look at the natal with progs and transits, just to see if they all tell me the same story. If I still have doubts, I call out to Raffy and Tikana.

I am just lazy by nature - my main reason for procrastination. Leo Asc. and Saturn on an exalted Mars, so inhibited, too, despite the drive. I want to be as fearless as Tikana and frank as you some day.:tongue:

tikana

okaaay

so .. .jup is void
mars is malefic in 10th
Saturn is dignified by malefic by nature in 1st

no aspect between L1 and L10

venus house of hopes is in 12th house

nah.. not good ..

:(

rafaella

haha... and there comes Tikana and kills it once again! :lol:

Best of luck Aqua! You will have lots of fun working with clients, yes horary in conjunction with Natal is fascinating and gives a more deeper insight.

cheers!

aquarius7000

Ok, I think I will come back in the new year and then pull a chart again. This one did me no service, and, hopefully, you all will be kinder to me next time:D

aquarius7000

Hi,

I am going to use this thread to ask a slightly different question, though still pertinent to Astrology.

Q is: will my aim of offering Astrology services to earn for charity purposes be successful?
I have actually already offered a couple of readings to people with that aim in mind, and donated all proceeds to helping street children, but it is slow to pick up steam. Hence the Q. Not sure if there is any sense of timing. I develop a bias when I read my own charts.

Mars is strong in Cap and so is Saturn - ruler of clients - in Cap, but in the 8th. Now if money from Astrology is 11th, then I worry that Venus is in detriment as ruler of the 11th.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Attachments

• astro_2gw_astrology_for_me.67835.51036.jpg
    astro_2gw_astrology_for_me.67835.51036.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 25