My Ascendant sign confusion

LeoKing16

Hey Guys!

I hope you are all doing well!

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for figuring out ascendant signs with out a precise time. Basically the time on my birth certificate is wrong. It says I was born at 4:38 PM on August 16th, 1992 in Elmhurst, New York. When I first got into astrology and inserted that time, the chart just did not match me. I was curious and asked my parents and they had told me that I in fact was born later that evening, the thing is that they didn't remember the exact time (my mom was knocked out and my dad was too busy stressing out since I was an emergency birth). A few months later I found one of those baby cards that they put by your crib and the time said 9:37 PM. That would make me an aries rising . Although that chart did match me more, i still have felt that its been off. I have this strong feeling that I might be an aquarius rising or a pisces rising (so the time frame had to be anywhere from 7pm-9:37pm). Outwardly i am quiet, more introverted and to myself at first which i think is the complete opposite of aries rising. I just feel like I give more of a mysterious vibe to people at first and no one would ever guess aries rising. Anyways, if anyone has any tricks to really pinning down ascendant signs (ex: physical characteristics and personality traits) please let me know. It's kind of driving me insane that I am not 100 percent sure what my rising sign is. I will attach the chart for the aries rising time, maybe there are planets and aspects that would obscure the aries rising?

Thank you so much,
Leoking16

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_kev.3943.6944.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_kev.3943.6944.gif
    52 KB · Views: 36

JUPITERASC

Hey Guys!

I hope you are all doing well!

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for figuring out ascendant signs with out a precise time.
Basically the time on my birth certificate is wrong.
It says I was born at 4:38 PM on August 16th, 1992 in Elmhurst, New York.
When I first got into astrology and inserted that time, the chart just did not match me.
I was curious and asked my parents and they had told me that I in fact was born later that evening,
the thing is that they didn't remember the exact time
(my mom was knocked out and my dad was too busy stressing out since I was an emergency birth).
A few months later I found one of those baby cards that they put by your crib and the time said 9:37 PM.
That would make me an aries rising .
Although that chart did match me more, i still have felt that its been off.
I have this strong feeling that I might be an aquarius rising or a pisces rising
(so the time frame had to be anywhere from 7pm-9:37pm).
Outwardly i am quiet, more introverted and to myself at first which i think is the complete opposite of aries rising.
I just feel like I give more of a mysterious vibe to people at first and no one would ever guess aries rising.
Anyways, if anyone has any tricks to really pinning down ascendant signs
(ex: physical characteristics and personality traits) please let me know.
It's kind of driving me insane that I am not 100 percent sure what my rising sign is.
I will attach the chart for the aries rising time,
maybe there are planets and aspects that would obscure the aries rising?

Thank you so much,
Leoking16
Thanks for validating that although an official time of birth is better than nothing
nevertheless it is not necessarily reliable

and that's why amongst astrologers
checking a natal chart for correlations with transits
is a basic requirement for all charts
and so
for anyone interested in very basic chart rectification
check out:

Rectification Tips - Verifying Ascendant/Descendant/MC/IC angles :smile:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51626

Physical appearance indications
http://reocities.com/athens/delphi/1601/physical.html

even within the same race there are differences of skin tone and eye colour
it's not unusual for children of the same race
to be fairer or darker complexioned than their siblings.
So within the race of white/whitish people
some siblings are darker/lighter complexioned than others
and likewise
within the race of black/blackish people
and so

Focusing on height, weight, bone structure, eye colour gives overall good results
Black people with Blue eyes and other ethnicities Parts 1
and 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vhW7rR6VDg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPBpCWm89Y

LeoKing16

Thanks for validating that although an official time of birth is better than nothing
nevertheless it is not necessarily reliable

and that's why amongst astrologers
checking a natal chart for correlations with transits
is a basic requirement for all charts
and so
for anyone interested in very basic chart rectification
check out:

Rectification Tips - Verifying Ascendant/Descendant/MC/IC angles :smile:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51626

Physical appearance indications
http://reocities.com/athens/delphi/1601/physical.html

even within the same race there are differences of skin tone and eye colour
it's not unusual for children of the same race
to be fairer or darker complexioned than their siblings.
So within the race of white/whitish people
and likewise
within the race of black/blackish people
and so

Focusing on height, weight, bone structure, eye colour gives overall good results
Black people with Blue eyes and other ethnicities Parts 1
and 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vhW7rR6VDg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPBpCWm89Y

Thank you so much for your answer! This has been very helpful! :)

ANUP

Share your birth detail and past life events.
Definitely,that might help to cast your accurate chart.

-Anup
kascorner.com

LeoKing16

Share your birth detail and past life events.
Definitely,that might help to cast your accurate chart.

-Anup
kascorner.com

Hello!

I was born in August 16th, 1992 in Elmhurst, New York. Somewhere in between 7pm-9:37 PM. I attached my birth chart for the 9:37 time above. I graduated from photo school last May and am currently working in media, although I am not too happy because I want to do something more creative. I also moved to my first apartment in November. Those are the main events that have occurred in the past year. Can any of that information help determine what my ascendant might be?

thank you!

nyclibra

Sorry to butt in, but I also have a simillar issue. My date of birth is October 23, 1974 in Zaporozhye, Ukraine. My parents believed for certain that the time of my birth was between 1:30pm & 3pm.

Unfortunately the birth certficate (which I still have) doesn't list the time of birth (I think at that time in the former Soviet Union it didn't). There was a hospital bracelet, but unfortunately I don't have it anymore.

An astrologer on another forum was nice enough to use software to help me narrow down my correct birth time (I gave him all important dates in life that I could think of) to 1:43pm.

But when I used an online birth chart rectification website that I found (it also asked questions & dates), it gave me 1:48pm. When I use Placidus, I can identify with some of the natal placements, but not all (especially my 9th house stellium in Libra).

When I change to Whole Signs, the stellium changes to 10th house Libra (and some planets changing houses), and I can relate to that much better. But since I know Placidus is more accurate, I think that maybe my birth time is still not right?

I'd appreciate any help or advice as well. The last major life event I had recently was a surgery on May 8th of this year (I don't know if that information will help enough though).

Thank you in advance,
nyclibra

LeoKing16

Sorry to butt in, but I also have a simillar issue. My date of birth is October 23, 1974 in Zaporozhye, Ukraine. My parents believed for certain that the time of my birth was between 1:30pm & 3pm.

Unfortunately the birth certficate (which I still have) doesn't list the time of birth (I think at that time in the former Soviet Union it didn't). There was a hospital bracelet, but unfortunately I don't have it anymore.

An astrologer on another forum was nice enough to use software to help me narrow down my correct birth time (I gave him all important dates in life that I could think of) to 1:43pm.

But when I used an online birth chart rectification website that I found (it also asked questions & dates), it gave me 1:48pm. When I use Placidus, I can identify with some of the natal placements, but not all (especially my 9th house stellium in Libra).

When I change to Whole Signs, the stellium changes to 10th house Libra (and some planets changing houses), and I can relate to that much better. But since I know Placidus is more accurate, I think that maybe my birth time is still not right?

I'd appreciate any help or advice as well. The last major life event I had recently was a surgery on May 8th of this year (I don't know if that information will help enough though).

Thank you in advance,
nyclibra

Hey nyclibra!

Just curious, what was the online birth chart rectification website that you used? I'd love to try it out to see if it can help.

nyclibra

Hey nyclibra!

Just curious, what was the online birth chart rectification website that you used? I'd love to try it out to see if it can help.

Sure! It's: http://astro-app.net. But the way the questions are worded are hard to understand, probably because they translated them from Russian. I learned that it's a Russian website.

Gamechanger

Sure! It's: http://astro-app.net. But the way the questions are worded are hard to understand, probably because they translated them from Russian. I learned that it's a Russian website.

I just used this also. I'm not who I thought I was.
I am so annoyed at my Mother right now.
She did astrology stuff from the time I was a little kid. She also was a terrible liar/bad memory as it turns out. And she was knocked out during the hospital birth and my Dad was overseas, no good witness.
But I took the time she told me as gospel.
Where I'm from, no one puts the time on a birth certificate.
It just dawned on me all these years later that my birth time was an hour later than she said.
I have been getting back into AstroCartoGraphy. My Mother even had my chart done when I was little. I have based WHERE I have lived ALL my adult life on that. Now at nearly 32, I see it is all incorrect !
I never ever ever felt like Sag rising. Scorpio, yes. But never a fun and freewheeling Sag. Unlike the rest of my family, I have ZERO interest in world travel.
Now I see I'm a double Cappy ! It all makes sense now. And I can give up this hollow facade of pretending to be a happy, outgoing Sag rising.
I thought my serious manner was from my Cap Sun. Nope this is who I am.
I have some planets in Sag, so that accounts for my taste in men and communication skills.
Anyway, I could kiss and marry that Astro App. I want to donate money to it! So valuable. And I feel such shock that I didn't delve into this before.
I put in a bunch of experiences and was 100% honest with timeframes.
It gave me a no for both Scorpio and Sag rising, but for Capricorn rising, BOOM. A home run.
And get this, the birth time it predicted, is exactly an hour later than what my Mother always told me it was. :eek:
And now my chart makes sense finally.
I am most staggered though to look at my new and correct Astro Location map. (astro click travel map)
Wow, this is a gamechanger.
I now am going to tell everyone to always go over yohur birth time wit a finetooth comb. My entire life is going to be changed now. I am altering all plans. Cause it has been super ****** where I've been.
It turns out my (possibly) soon to be EX SO lives on his Saturn Descending line.
His Mother always tells the story of when exactly he was born, so I know his astrocartography chart is exact.
Poor guy. I feel like his drama and negativity has bled over and impacted me the whole time we lived together.
I feel so mad at myself I did not do his astrocartography chart years ago. Would have saved years of angst.
Oh well live and learn.
Astrology is such an amazing tool, you just need to have all information lined up perfectly.
:w00t:
a5d6832862e27410ca3d3cf7c86543a1--capricorn-girl-capricorn-quotes.jpg

I have a similar issue. I was adopted at 3-days old and my birth certificate says 4:00pm. It may be correct, it may not be. I have no contact with my birth mother as it was a "closed" adoption that had been arranged prior to my birth. My adoptive parents can't tell me if the birth time on the certificate is accurate because they don't know. However, I have done the chart for the 4:00pm time and it seems pretty spot-on. A tarot reader once told me, "you seem pretty scatter-brained for a Taurus, I'll bet you have a rising sign in Libra or Gemini". My rising sign is indeed Libra if I was born at 4:00pm.

Does anyone happen to know if a random time is put down for adoption birth certificates, or if they use the accurate birth time?

My husband, however, is the anomaly. We know his time of birth because his mother jokes about it being at 7:47 like the airplane and it says 7:44 on his birth certificate (both of which result in the same signs). We think the minor discrepancy is because he started crowning at 7:44 but was completely out at 7:47. He's a Scorpio with a Scorpio rising sign but he's actually really mellow and, while he has that Scorpio intensity, he definitely picks his battles wisely. Also, his Venus sign (Sagittarius) is the opposite of him.

Last edited:

Siinda

This is almost the exact problem I just found out for myself. Tried to print off a new chart and noticed it now says I am Libra sun with Libra ascendant all of a sudden now... which makes me want to take a scalding hot shower until I melt down the drain.

Now my sun sign is in a super weak position regardless but I have done tons of work from the perspective that I had Scorpio rising, which even explained why I inherited a square face and dark features. I found a old attachment on this forum for my old missing chart and the darn thing is super nutty. It says Scorpio is my first house and Libra is both my asc and 12th house at the same time. Can't be both of course. I have a feeling if you charted by fixed houses the problem would be solved.

The good news is my most recent workup was with nodal astrology which is seemingly the same Scorpio south/Taurus north. I should also still be considered a Plutonian because my planets are very clustered in that sign regardless of what # it has. But yeah I am so flustered by this. I barely pass as a Libra in the first place, let alone a double shot.����