Sun & Mercury Conjunct

mr1234

Hi, i was reading a kundli and found that Mercury is in retrograde, and is also malefic for Aries asc. But, mercury is in conjunct with sun which gives rise to Budh Aditya Yoga according to professional astrologers.

As per the rules, due to the malefic nature of mercury (in conjunct), there will not be yoga. But, mercury is in retrograde and will this nullify the malefic effect. So, will there be a yoga due to retrograde?

Me Learning.

Alamits

-Mercury is deemed a functional malefic for an aries ascendant. Joining the Sun also makes Mercury a malefic.
-I have not heard the rule that says that because Mercury is a malefic there is no yoga. Mercury being a malefic by association shows that the promises would be more cruel. Mercury being a malefic by house rulership shows that this association will be more disruptive. In conclusion, does not mean Mercury is "bad" or "good."
-Retrograde has nothing to do with Saumya(benific) and Crura(malefic).
Hope this helps!

mr1234

-Mercury is deemed a functional malefic for an aries ascendant. Joining the Sun also makes Mercury a malefic.
-I have not heard the rule that says that because Mercury is a malefic there is no yoga. Mercury being a malefic by association shows that the promises would be more cruel. Mercury being a malefic by house rulership shows that this association will be more disruptive. In conclusion, does not mean Mercury is "bad" or "good."
-Retrograde has nothing to do with Saumya(benific) and Crura(malefic).
Hope this helps!
Well, the mercury is combust, and also retrograde. I have read it on other sites that being combust in nature, the planet loses it's nature. Moreover, i thought retrograde has something to do with the chart.

Alamits

I have read, but could not find the source again, that when a planet is both retrograde and combust you ignore the combustion. The planet does not lose its nature in any case. The planet takes on the "agitated" condition. Read up on the lajitaadi avashtas to learn more on that.
You must also look and see which planet is stronger in terms of dignity and other aspects to determine which planet received the benefit of this yoga.
Retrograde planets shows an internalizing energy. For mercury that would mean more listening(internal) as opposed to speaking and lecturing(external) qualities. Too many variables to give much more help on this. Post the chart if you would like more help, thanks :).

mr1234

I have read, but could not find the source again, that when a planet is both retrograde and combust you ignore the combustion. The planet does not lose its nature in any case. The planet takes on the "agitated" condition. Read up on the lajitaadi avashtas to learn more on that.
You must also look and see which planet is stronger in terms of dignity and other aspects to determine which planet received the benefit of this yoga.
Retrograde planets shows an internalizing energy. For mercury that would mean more listening(internal) as opposed to speaking and lecturing(external) qualities. Too many variables to give much more help on this. Post the chart if you would like more help, thanks :).
Thanks for the information. I will try researching on it. Here's the chart as required by you.

Attachments

• kundli.jpg
    kundli.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 18