Mercury Inconjunct Uranus

graay ghost

I have been trying to look up information about mercury inconjunct uranus and have been finding conflicting information. As in, an inconjunct means that the planets cannot find any common ground, but then again Mercury inconjunct Uranus is described as "redundant" because the planets already have so much in common already. As this is the most exact aspect in my chart (inexact by less than 10 minutes) I'm curious.

conspiracy theorist

One manifestation of inconjuncts I've heard of his illnesses. Mercury rules the nervous system and Uranus is a disruptive influence. The exactness of the aspect is also noticeable. So what's the verdict?

Last edited:

graay ghost

Cool. So how do you think it manifests in your life, if at all?

I don't know. Let's see, Leo Mercury and Capricorn Uranus in inconjunct...

People talk about Mercury being the "mind" and also "communication", but the thing is that I have never really seen these as being the same thing. Any given moment what's going on in my head will not make much sense to to anyone trying to listen in, if mindreaders are a thing. I'm guessing my brain would be really loud as well.

Anyway the packaging (mercury) is not the same thing as the content (uranus). Not for me, anyway. They have nothing to do with each other! So I know I can package things, and I can come up with really outlandish and new content, but when they go together, I don't know. Putting my packaging and my own content together is not often met with public approval. :annoyed:

Does this make any sense?

conspiracy theorist

Let me see if I get you... are you saying you can't synthesize your information/ unique content and presentation in a socially acceptable way? Because that's what I understand from your analogy.

About the mercury and the mind bit... its true that he rules communication but he is said to rule the rational mind whilst moon is the irrational. So its the reasoning faculty and your logic that mercury will have a hand in. Moon is the more instinctive and imaginative parts.

Imo I don't think your problem has necessarily to do with the inconjunct. Perhaps there are other things in your chart that could explain that.

graay ghost

Let me see if I get you... are you saying you can't synthesize your information/ unique content and presentation in a socially acceptable way? Because that's what I understand from your analogy.

About the mercury and the mind bit... its true that he rules communication but he is said to rule the rational mind whilst moon is the irrational. So its the reasoning faculty and your logic that mercury will have a hand in. Moon is the more instinctive and imaginative parts.

Imo I don't think your problem has necessarily to do with the inconjunct. Perhaps there are other things in your chart that could explain that.

Yeah, that's essentially it.

My moon is also in Capricorn so I guess those two planets can't actually understand each other anyway. Other than that, though, I've got nothing.

9thdegree

I don't know. Let's see, Leo Mercury and Capricorn Uranus in inconjunct...

People talk about Mercury being the "mind" and also "communication", but the thing is that I have never really seen these as being the same thing. Any given moment what's going on in my head will not make much sense to to anyone trying to listen in, if mindreaders are a thing. I'm guessing my brain would be really loud as well.

Anyway the packaging (mercury) is not the same thing as the content (uranus). Not for me, anyway. They have nothing to do with each other! So I know I can package things, and I can come up with really outlandish and new content, but when they go together, I don't know. Putting my packaging and my own content together is not often met with public approval. :annoyed:

Does this make any sense?
Have you ever lost your phone signal in the mountains :) Mercury in Leo inconjunct Uranus in Capricorn.

LindaElena_

When you interpret any aspect you have to consider the signs, houses, and the other planetary aspects to each of these planets.
But ALSO and important: the element of each ....so you have a fire Mercury and an earth Uranus.
Without seeing the chart, I would say this aspect will keep your Mercury a bit inhibited....you may find that you second guess yourself...except...if either of the planets, esp. the Mercury is particularly well aspected in general.

It is true: the inconjunct represents energies that have nothing in common. If you think of these two planets as people in a room full of people who have to work together, they will not. They will each work with someone else and eventually the idea or the content of the issue will come around to the inconjunct person (energy) and so....in a natal chart this aspect or pattern is easier than in let's say, synastry or the composite chart.
We can work with ourselves....find our strengths and weaknesses over time...but in connection with another person ---the issues represented by the inconjuncts are usually never resolved.
Sometimes they are ''lived with'' ....but they are not resolved.
L.E.

IRIS70

Although I agree that the whole chart has to be assessed, much like LindaElena says above, the combination of Mercury to Uranus in any hard aspect produces great results and adds to genius. Here, the aspect is inconjunct, so maybe brilliant ideas loom up unexpectedly, taking others by surprise, but it is not something you can count on regarding regularity. Of course, without seeing the chart we cannot be certain, as you say that you have Mercury in Leo, but what if that Mercury gets an aspect, say, by Saturn? This offers extra characteristics.

:)

LindaElena_

See the end of this post:

I'd still like to know which houses are ruled by Uranus and by Mercury.

It is true that any aspect between Uranus and Mercury can be a unique way of thinking and communicating...and also yes, some sort of creative thinking and communicating....but the person may not know how to ''get the message out'' into the world...and therefore it can be very very frustrating and it can make the person think there is something ''wrong'' with the way they are thinking...and this issue may result in taking medication one doesn't need....or having others think that the person is eccentric or odd...
BUT ...without seeing the chart...it is really hard to be specific.

After I wrote that I figured it might be helpful to give you an example of what I described above...having others think you are odd or eccentric in the way you communicate....so I thought to myself: who in the past ....someone well known...might have had this issue...and i thought:
Lenny Bruce....the very ''ahead of his time'' comedian and commentator on the way the world was so dysfunctional...and then I looked for his chart...and - couldn't believe it....he HAD Uranus inconjunct Mercury....from Libra (Mercury) to Pisces (Uranus). So if you are not familiar with his work, you can look him up...there's a lot. He was a huge ''voice'' against hypocrisy at that time.

His birth data is : October 13, 1925 at 11:24 a.m in , NY - which is on Long Island.
LindaElena

Last edited:

Humanitarian

Mercury inconjunct/quincunx Uranus: You don't have a good connection between your intellectual abilities, your earthly ideas and your rebellious, visionary nature. You need some healing to activate this aspect because it's Mercury averses Uranus, indicate that these planet's connect in a weird manner. You have a good ability to speak brilliantly if you harness it in a positive way.