Leos and Depression

siren1111

Yep. I am in a major depression right now. It is very hard to change my mood and I am trying my utmost to will myself in the right direction. This has happened to me before and I need help. So, I'm coming the forum with my chart and if anyone has any ideas on what to do, you may respond.

Attachments

• Astro chart.gif
    Astro chart.gif
    52.7 KB · Views: 41

kimbermoon

Do not despair; it is not because of your Leo Sun/Mars ! While this may contribute to emotional repression, inhibited anger and frustration on the part of the individual, other factors in the chart can help to re-balance your situation...as one who has experienced this to a severe degree in the past, this does not have to be a life sentence...remember this disorder is not merely a pessimistic state of mind, it is typically caused by distinct, or even subtle brain chemistry disorders...a mood disorder was the true cause of my own depression, which began in my mid teams and evaded diagnosis for way too many years...I advise that you seek medical advice, but do be warned that due to your Neptune affliction with Saturn, you have to careful with prescribed medications that could have counter afffects on you...I am highly allergic myself to chemicals and environmental poisonings and have frequently encountered bad side affects from the medicines...Neptune in your third could suggest toxic overloads from the environment...your personal chart does not indicate a introverted individual, however note the emphasis to the eastern hemisphere of the chart...I strongly advise that under such circumstances depression is not merely a state of mind that you control through your own thinking. It never worked for me either...Moon/Mercury in the 12th denotes that you need therapy and assistance in healing 'whatever ails you'...

waybread

I don't think this has anything to do with the sign of Leo per se.

Rather, transiting Saturn in Scorpio has been squaring your sun, testing your sense of identity. Saturn can show where we feel lonely and depressed.

Your moon-Mercury in the 12th house are natally squared by Neptune. Your thinking faculties and emotions are highly integrated yet subjected to Neptune's alternating between beautiful illusions and deep disillusionment. This aspect gives you a wonderful imagination, but it can be hard for you to think objectively. So just realize that simply because you feel down in the dumpster, this doesn't actually mean that anything is objectively wrong with you. Lately transiting Neptune has been activating your natal square.

Hard transits from both Saturn and Neptune can be general times of discouragement and low energy. They will pass, yet they can come back and bite you again the next time this sort of transit comes around. You can't think them away through will-power, but you can learn to integrate more of these planets' positive energies into your life.

Have you had a physical check-up lately? Just to make sure you aren't anemic or some other physical cause for low-energy symptoms. You might also ask your doctor for a referral to a clinical psychologist or psychaistrist if you are truly suffering from depression or mood swings. (As in, there's depression that all of us feel from time-to-time, the bad/sad emotions; but there is also clinical depression which is more of a medical condition, where you might benefit from counseling therapy or medication.)

Leo really needs to be out in her own element: the sun. Maybe this is the last thing you want when you feel unhappy, but make sure you get some sunlight on your retinas every morning. In the winter when days are shorter, light candles or put a fire in the fireplace if you have one. Wear more gold jewelry. With Mars conjuncting your sun, it is important to stay physically active, as well; ideally outside to get the benefit of your sign's special ruler: the sun.

Last edited:

kimbermoon

...seems to be that depression is becoming an epidemic in these troubled times...there are good reasons to be feeling less than optimistic...just take a look around...

Marinka

Transiting Saturn is just now moving into your 3rd house and as a result, you are likely to be thinking about responsibilities and obligations and since Saturn is moving from the 2nd to the 3rd, a financial issue may have become apparent in the last month or so. Once Saturn settles into the house, your thoughts should lighten up a bit as it starts to move through. When Saturn first moves into the 3rd house it might appear that there is a rain cloud over your head.

Transiting Saturn will be moving to oppose natal Saturn (in the 9th) next year and this period of time usually coincides with a mid-life crisis.

You have mercury and moon in the 12th house and that could be the cause of depression but, in this case I am not seeing any activations (except for Mars) so I suspect most of your recent depression may be Saturn crossing into the 3rd.

Mars has also been in your 12th house and will be moving out and into the first house soon. When Mars is in the 12th, sometimes people are aimless and not sure which direction to go in and this may coincide with feeling that any effort is just too tiring.

Zarathu

Account Closed
IMO, it has nothing to do with you being a Leo Sun. it has to do with your circumstances at the time.

When I looked at your Minor Progressed chart, which charts the challenges that you are facing mentally, clinical depression always shows up here.

Every planet in your Minor progressed chart but two are high friction. The ones that are not are Jupiter and Neptune. Jupiter will tend to expand anything it touches, and Neptune makes things very very confusing, which is enough to depress anyone.

In this chart, your Sun opposite Mars, and Saturn squaring ASC are the ones that are generating the issues for you at this time.

Do you want me to go on?

siren1111

Ok waybread, thank you! I have a medical checkup tomorrow. Yes, Saturn is highly depressing and I can't even remember Saturn's higher qualities. I need the Sun so I have started sitting in sunlight. I just went through a job change and I am now working. My roomate left for NOLA and she isn't coming back. Yes, I need help from therapy, feedback or positive friends.

siren1111

Yes, Zarathu, you can go on. I will give you some info. I just went thru a job transition from one company to another. Saturn is not my best friend and I find her extremely taxing. My roomate decided she is not coming back from NOLA. I inherited her cats, who now have to be feed and taken care of every day. I am transforming my identity. I also think Mars just left Leo, and maybe that is why I feel down in the dumps. Virgo which is my rising has a strong presence on my inner personality of severity, fear and doubt. I have been fighting that demon since I was 27. That's what I wanted to tell you.

siren1111

Thank you Marinka. That helped me. I think it is the Saturn as I am now running an apartment by myself and inherited two cats not necessarily mine but by responsibility they are now. Are there any good effects of Saturn? Is there any affirmation or visualization I can focus on about Saturn?

siren1111

Neptune in the 3rd is a lifelong thing for me, as I have developed coping strategies of nutrition and detox from a city environment. The Neptune in 3rd was pivotal also for me in leaving my past job there as I saw unhealthy co-workers indulging in overworking(over 50 hrs a week). The people there put caffeine and red bull in their bodies like cars use gasoline, and became sick frequently. MY new job is much better and calmer. The Moon and mercury in 12th helps me channel my feelings when I write. I express my discomfort and anger and I feel better. I do not think that I need Prozac or outside stimulants. I will workout more and then join a support group or two. I really need feedback from other people who have experience too.

waybread

Repeat daily:

"I never forget that Leos are royalty. I generate my own inner fire out of the stand that I take for myself. I am fun-loving and generous.

Oh, and maybe "I love cats, my kindred spirits." (Thinking of them as miniature lions.)

Seriously-- wear more gold jewelry, spend time in your element the sun when you can, and look your best. It won't help the job situation, but you should feel better about yourself in the midst of it.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Yes, Zarathu, you can go on. I will give you some info. I just went thru a job transition from one company to another. Saturn is not my best friend and I find her extremely taxing. My roomate decided she is not coming back from NOLA. I inherited her cats, who now have to be feed and taken care of every day. I am transforming my identity. I also think Mars just left Leo, and maybe that is why I feel down in the dumps. Virgo which is my rising has a strong presence on my inner personality of severity, fear and doubt. I have been fighting that demon since I was 27. That's what I wanted to tell you.

Spounds like you've figured it out for yourself.

Marinka

Thank you Marinka. That helped me. I think it is the Saturn as I am now running an apartment by myself and inherited two cats not necessarily mine but by responsibility they are now. Are there any good effects of Saturn? Is there any affirmation or visualization I can focus on about Saturn?

Maybe focus that Mars is going to be moving into your first house around the middle of November. You should get a spurt of energy and along with that, some of the "just drifting along" feelings/thoughts should dissipate.

With Saturn moving through the 3rd, some of the good effects -- ability to concentrate.

But, you might want to expect problems/delays with cars (traveling), phones (communications), mail (communications), neighbors and siblings.

edited to add ... I just noticed that your 6th house placement of the node is being activated by Neptune - might explain inheriting your roommate's cats. By the way, it's nice that you took on the responsibility for the cats.

Last edited: