Saturn transit in 12th house and surgery

Caro

Saturn is currently transitting my 12th in libra. Mars is also natally locked in my 12th house.

Im being offered surgery(Im exploring other options with very positive initial consultations) however Im just pondering the surgery - it will be just day surgery(but Im a high risk patient for complications for this as previous surgery in the area to be treated) Im getting a second opinion on the surgical option cos of risks.

this has been going on since sept 11 - investigations which I guess is the flavour of saturn in 12th.

So is saturn transit to mars(conjunct) a definite no to surgery? mars loosely trines my sun.

any thoughts would be helpful. Im wondering whether the saturn transit is indicative of the type of surgeon? The one I have met so far - is not pleasant and has been very critical of my health choices. When I first met him saturn transit was conjunct my natal mars. We nearly had a stand up row.

saturn then rx and is moving back towards natal mars. I feel like playing that music 'dun dun dun daaaahhhhhhhhh'!:whistling:

(nbThis chart is from jan this year)

Last edited:

Belle Lune

Saturn transiting your 12th house has clearly meant restrictions in that area. Illness, loss of energy, in fact I would even go so far as to say that you may have found yourself in a position of having an illness that took awhile to diagnose.

As you know Mars rules surgery, so it is no surprise that a conjunction between transiting Saturn and Mars in your 12th house after some period of illnesses has resulted in a possible scenario of surgery.

(A Saturn transit is not an indication of the type of surgeon, a Mars transit is).

I would not say that surgery is out of the question, but I would say that you need to look at the following if you are going for surgery:

1) Transiting Mars (This represents the surgeon), and what aspects it makes to what area of the body you are having operated on;
2) For the day of the operation or more specifically the time, ensure it not at a void-of course-moon. This is NB!!!!!
3) Make sure that the day is not on a Mercury or Mars retrograde;
4) Make sure that the day is not within 3 days before or after full moon. A person bleeds more;
5) Make sure that the day is not when the Moon is in the same sign that rules the part of body that is being operated on.

The good thing at the moment is that Saturn is exalted in Libra. If you did not feel comfortable with the first surgeon, perhaps he was not the right one for you, and get a second opinion to see if you feel more comfortable with another surgeon.

Also if you are having Surgery, transiting Saturn conjunct Mars I would not say is the worst aspect. A Saturnian person, would be one of authority (especially exalted in Libra), and course Saturn stabilizes the effects of Mars. Also Mars is exalted in Capricorn. One say, would hardly want to go under surgery if for instance Uranus or Pluto were conjunct Mars!

You will probably also find that once Saturn makes it’s final conjunction to Mars after the Rx, the energy and matter will reach it’s conclusion, but with a much more gentle effect. This is because the energy usually hits it’s peak at the retrograde, but by the final conjunction, the energy has waned and the energy of the transit has merged with your “conscious vibration”, if this makes sense.

Caro

BL
thanks very much for your reply.

I was aware of the rx issues(merc and mars). I guess Im pondering my choices in this rx period. I could have had the surgery by now if I had agreed with first surgeon or at least arranged a date.

It was diagnoised in Sept 11 - but I have had lots of delays. doctors lost my notes etc and then this is the 3rd consultant I have seen. Have been given lots of mixed messages and this is because of previous surgery. it has been draining and I intend to complain because of the delays.

i was concerned about my general lack of energy with this transit as I have heard it does not bode well for healing. so your reply is interesting.

I have just had the mars transit to natal uranus/pluto conj.

the good news is the positive feedback from a homeopath who believes they can resolve it. so will see how that goes.

aquarius7000

Hi,

Sep 2011, prog Moon was in over a 2° conj to the 12th-house Mars (a disease that may require surgery, or involve the head area or the Sco intimate organs), and squaring natal Jup exact (could denote some kind of an unwanted growth, or problems with the thighs, blood/ liver). Since this is happening in the 12th house, the problem has been there for some time (hidden), and prog Moon brought it out. Further, this can denote that from that time on until say later 2012, there are chances of some hospital stay (12th house: confinement).

Natally, Mars, ruler of your Asc and the 6th house (illnesses) is in the critical 29th degree and a place it doesn't like to be, 12th house, as Mars certainly doesn't like confinement. Also, there is a natal Jup-Mars irritation, and with Jup rx in Cancer, the breast area could also be involved.

Saturn is still about 6° away from natal Mars, and I work with about 4°+/- for transits, so Mars is still safe, IMO. Using the same orb, Nep (anaesthesia and drugs) seems ok also. Also consider that the Sun (doctor) is not in a stressful aspect to Mars (your ruler) in order to ensure a sound doc-patient cooperation.

Re the Moon, and the fact that it should not be in the sign that rules the organ being operated upon is very necessary.

Good health
:)AQ7

Last edited:

Caro

Thanks.

Basically the surgery is required as a result of complications from surgery that I had in 2004. I had previous small ops in 2005 and 2008.

I basically have tissue growth where it should not be on my ovaries. I have also have lots of scar tissue which makes further surgery risky. I have had scans - a number - 3. Im pretty sure I will have another before any surgery and all scans show this quite clearly but nothing else. Its not serious as more than about 6 doctors have viewed the scans. (Dec 11)

At the moment Im pursing the homeopathic route while waiting to get a second opinion. although the doctor is convinced this homepathic option will work I have to say Im not convinced and would prefer to see a herbalist, who I may get referred to if homeopathy does not work. I have met many people recently who think homeopathy is great. So Im waiting to be convinced.

as you say I have saturn trine neptune natally.

what I dont want to do is miss a good window of opportunity to get this resolved if there looks likelly to be a positive outcome.

JUPITERASC

i was concerned about my general lack of energy....

....the good news is the positive feedback from a homeopath who believes they can resolve it. so will see how that goes
fwiw IMO acupuncture focuses on the energy meridians of the body, gets good results and may work well in tandem with homeopathy :smile:

aquarius7000

Hi again,

..Basically the surgery is required as a result of complications from surgery that I had in 2004. I had previous small ops in 2005 and 2008.

Yes, this had to do with a problem coming from some time ago, as said, but brought out by prog Moon now (again) conj Mars in the 12th, and due to the involvement of Jup in Cancer together with that prog Moon, it could have to do with some unwanted growth. Cancer (Moon) and Libra (Ven) co-rule the female (reproductive) organs, though the lower reprod. organs are also ruled by Sco (involvement of Mars, and natal Jup-Mars).

2004, may I ask if the med action took place in the first half of the year? In 2004, the same prog Moon, this time or rather at that time was beginning to leave the 8th house (of eliminative surgery) and a Moon on the cusp is very active. Your N Node was also going over your 6th house, and where the N Node rolls over, that house 90 % of the times requires action. Now it is going over your 1st house (health), but still in Sag, and maybe all the scans, second opinions, trying out alternative medicine are all factors that might be contributing toward N Node entering Sco (eliminative surgery).

Now, 2012, tr Jup is on the cusp of the 8th squaring the Moon, so the original issue in some way is back. Right now and for the next 10-12 days, I think, Mer (hands) is rx, ruler of your 8th and in Leo, in which your 10th house cusp (doctor) falls. Generally, they say that Mars should not be rx for surgery, but due to Mer importance in your natal horoscope, if not direly urgent, you might want to wait until it turns direct. I would want to avoid Saturn within 2° of Mars, at least. Luckily all other outer planets seem to be peaceful right now.

Caro

Thanks JA - yes I have tried acupuncture very successfully for allergies in the past. it doesnt work so well on me since the surgery as I had meridian lines cut. trying to work on that. and restore them etc.

a general problem I have is a lot of people are terrified of my health history. its more of a problem than you might think. when someone is terrified they become ungrounded and things dont work so well.

A7 thanks for further reply. there is no chance of surgery in next few weeks. if I arrange it it will be sept/oct /nov time. if at all.

Im looking at all options including astrology and then tend to go with my intuition - moon in pisces.

surgery 2004 - 9/9/04 - probably not the best day in hind sight! but I met a really good astrologer whilst I was recovering. I was aware that there was a lot of 8th house transits at the time.

I dont have a strong constitution unfortunately that shows up as a weak mars.

Im trying lots of things though and I never give up - scorpio rising. :smile: the referral to a homeopath was a positive .

aquarius7000

Hi,

Surgery could be likely between mid Sep to mid Oct 2012, I think.

Sep 2004, some kind of 'accident' could have happened at the time of surgery. (Mars-Ura, Mars-Plu). Or unexpected blood loss, or due to too much 'cutting away' or infection, the wound took too long to heal?

How was Oct '08 to Aug 2009 for you? Anything of consequence happen then?

Anyway, it would be good to avoid the intended surgery, if it agrees with your health, when Sat goes rx over your Asc, mainly mid Feb to late May 2013.

Best

Last edited:

Caro

2004 - I had a lot of blood loss and an infection in hospital that meant a stay of 3 weeks(should have been 7 days) It was awful.

2009 - doing a contract that I did not enjoy. other staff ok. Went on a holiday in May - one woman nearly died in an accident - balloon ride. I didnt go had a kind of a preminition that something might happen but also was indisposed by food poisoning. I was finalising a spiritual healing course which I successfully passed in August 2009. so very pleased about that as it was something positive out of the previous two years. it was about that time that I started to join these forums.

Saturn in virgo was ****. hate virgo transits.

thanks for tip

aquarius7000

Hi again,

Thanks for clarifying. When you finally settle on some time period for surgery, you may want to do an electional chart, esp if you should be at liberty to choose (elect) between 2-3 dates.

That bit about the healing course is an excellent choice with all that Piscean energy and a first-house Nep. The Sun on the IC is an excellent position also for that. Other than that, in your case, it could denote that you work from your own home, perhaps free lance in some creative field, and like the feel of being your own boss (Leo Asc and Plu in 10th)? This combo means that either the native is at least a team leader upwards, or at least his own boss. Moon sextile N. Node in Tau, with both angular, could indicate healing hands.

Last edited:

Caro

thanks. it has been interesting looking back and checking the empheris.
jupiter was also near uranus in 2004, I did stand up to these people but it was tough and I was under huge pressure to have surgery. I got a second opinion then.

in 2004 I was offered two dates 2.9.04 and 9.9.04 with hindsight the first was probably the better. the surgeon left on 9.9 and flew out probably to barbados on the same day. he was very virgo like. drove me nuts everytime I had to meet him. His saturn conj my sun.

in 2009, jupiter and neptune around my sun in aqua.

yes Im a bit of a diva, on the quiet.(leo MH) would love to be my own boss. dont take orders easily. a good manager will just leave me to get on with it. best way.

once i sort out this 'issue' i do really need to see what the new me will be like when saturn passes over my asc. lots of change.

will definitely check dates this time for any surgery but also considering many other options. I have been looking at event charts but trouble is I get a bit obsessive about it. :alien:

thanks for your input much appreciated.