Lilith & Appearance

Riles

Assuming that Lilith is particularly strong in a chart and is aspecting the Ascendant or in the first house, how would you expect Lilith to affect the appearance?

This is meant to be a general question, not specific to reading any particular chart.

Basically, what physical characteristics does Lilith bring to the table?

Ruka_5

Banned
Helping to bump this up because I actually wonder the same (I have Lilith conjunct my chart ruler at the midheaven). Let's see if anyone comes along and answers this.

desperateneptune

i have lilith in first house conjunct moon and ascendant and all i can tell you is that i am particularly small (5' 88 pounds), the smallest in a family of 40 people (from both parents sides) lol

Ruka_5

Banned
i have lilith in first house conjunct moon and ascendant and all i can tell you is that i am particularly small (5' 88 pounds), the smallest in a family of 40 people (from both parents sides) lol

...Now, I'm starting to wonder.

I'm five feet tall too, around ninety-six pounds. I'm still not the smallest person in my family though; on my dad's side I have an aunt that's shorter; when I hug her I can see the top of her head, so...

Riles

Huh, that is an interesting point. I'm not short by general standards (I'm around 5'6"), but in my family I am one of the shortest (only my grandmother and one aunt who married in are shorter, other than the little kids, of course, but most of the teenagers are already taller than I am). When I'm at my mom's house and her husband, his kids, and my brother are there, I feel like a Lilliputian. I'm also small-boned, while most of them are medium boned or big boned.

I don't know if this is true for anyone else, but my hair color is also a lot darker than that of my family members (almost black). Lilith does mean "belonging to the night". It doesn't have to be hair color necessarily, but maybe some aspect of yourself is noticeably darker than those in your family. My personality is also quite a bit darker than anyone else in my family...I'm a bit strange by comparison. I've generally attributed this to my Scorpio which is streaked with Uranus, but perhaps there's some Lilith influence here, as well.

Last edited:

desperateneptune

as far as my body is concerned saturn squares my ascendant so maybe it adds a bit to that. I am definately a night person i can never never wake up normally and i always function better at night(i have considerably more energy)

Ruka_5

Banned
Huh, that is an interesting point. I'm not short by general standards (I'm around 5'6"), but in my family I am one of the shortest (only my grandmother and one aunt who married in are shorter, other than the little kids, of course, but most of the teenagers are already taller than I am). When I'm at my mom's house and her husband, his kids, and my brother are there, I feel like a Lilliputian. I'm also small-boned, while most of them are medium boned or big boned.

I don't know if this is true for anyone else, but my hair color is also a lot darker than that of my family members (almost black). Lilith does mean "belonging to the night". It doesn't have to be hair color necessarily, but maybe some aspect of yourself is noticeably darker than those in your family. My personality is also quite a bit darker than anyone else in my family...I'm a bit strange by comparison. I've generally attributed this to my Scorpio which is streaked with Uranus, but perhaps there's some Lilith influence here, as well.

A conversation with my sister a few weeks ago :

Me : (looking at my reflection in a window as I flap my arms around) Are my arms too small?

Sister : Everything on you is too small.

:pouty:

Incidentally I'm definitely the family oddball too but I always attributed that to the Aquarius ascendant and Uranus, it never occurred to me to blame that on Lilith. I do have the darkest hair and skin out of anyone in my immediate family as well.

as far as my body is concerned saturn squares my ascendant so maybe it adds a bit to that. I am definately a night person i can never never wake up normally and i always function better at night(i have considerably more energy)

I have Saturn trine the ascendant and sextile the midheaven. I'm no good early in the day and actually do some of my best thinking at night while everyone else is asleep. Hmm.

desperateneptune

A conversation with my sister a few weeks ago :

Me : (looking at my reflection in a window as I flap my arms around) Are my arms too small?

Sister : Everything on you is too small.

:pouty:

Incidentally I'm definitely the family oddball too but I always attributed that to the Aquarius ascendant and Uranus, it never occurred to me to blame that on Lilith. I do have the darkest hair and skin out of anyone in my immediate family as well.

I have Saturn trine the ascendant and sextile the midheaven. I'm no good early in the day and actually do some of my best thinking at night while everyone else is asleep. Hmm.

haha, everything on me is small too,i usually borrow from my best friend's 7 year old daughter the most amazing, cute little t-shirts lol

Riles

Even my nail beds are small. A lot of little kids have bigger fingernail beds than I do. It's weird. Next to every adult I've ever met, my fingernails look like they belong on a little kid.

Hearing how much shorter you guys are makes me wonder if I'd be shorter if I didn't have a Sagittarius Ascendant.

desperateneptune

Even my nail beds are small. A lot of little kids have bigger fingernail beds than I do. It's weird. Next to every adult I've ever met, my fingernails look like they belong on a little kid.

Hearing how much shorter you guys are makes me wonder if I'd be shorter if I didn't have a Sagittarius Ascendant.

haha you should see mine :tongue:

desperateneptune

its really comforting listening to all these, thank you all for sharing- and when you go shopping please remind everyone(owner, salesman) that there is a size called XS and yes people buy it :tongue:
There are shops for big people with XXL, XXXL even but if you think about it there are no such shops for small people.Kids clothes are designed for kids and the design is obvious sometimes. I always had this idea that if i ever had the capital i would open one store with trendy clothes all in small- xs-xxs sizes, so that people can buy something and wear it right away!

Ruka_5

Banned
its really comforting listening to all these, thank you all for sharing- and when you go shopping please remind everyone(owner, salesman) that there is a size called XS and yes people buy it :tongue:
There are shops for big people with XXL, XXXL even but if you think about it there are no such shops for small people.Kids clothes are designed for kids and the design is obvious sometimes. I always had this idea that if i ever had the capital i would open one store with trendy clothes all in small- xs-xxs sizes, so that people can buy something and wear it right away!

No, there's petite clothing stores and most mainstream stores stock petite sizes too, but they tend to sell out fast. Myself, for the most part I've given up on that and just wear regular-sized clothing anyway.

Ruka_5

Banned
really?? in greece you can not find....what size is the smallest you can find? maybe i should go shopping at your country lol

Depends on the store. I've seen size 0, and the whole 'extra EXTRA small' thing :lol: .

It can't hurt to go ahead and check out some American stores online and see if they'll deliver where you are. Don't get too excited and hopeful though because like I said, the really small sizes tend to sell out really fast, there's more pygmy-sized people out there than you might think lmao.

desperateneptune

Depends on the store. I've seen size 0, and the whole 'extra EXTRA small' thing :lol: .

It can't hurt to go ahead and check out some American stores online and see if they'll deliver where you are. Don't get too excited and hopeful though because like I said, the really small sizes tend to sell out really fast, there's more pygmy-sized people out there than you might think lmao.[/QUOT

yes that is what i am looking for zero or even smaller :andy:

Riles

It'd be funny if we find out that Lilith, in the myths, is like six feet tall. :lol:
lol Well, even if so! I was thinking about Lilliputians and Lilith...wondering if there's some connection, but I can't find any early language origin evidence for the "Lilli" in Lilliputian meaning little, other than sort of sounding like a drunk person saying "little".

Riles

Actually, I've been thinking that the character Lolita from the book of the same name by Vladimir Nabokov is probably ruled by Lilith. Here's how Humbert Humbert describes her:

"[...] the slightly feline outline of a cheekbone, the slenderness of a downy limb, and other indices which despair and shame and tears of tenderness forbid me to tabulate—the deadly little demon among the wholesome children; she stands unrecognized by them and unconscious herself of her fantastic power."

It's like there's something there, some bewitching quality, even if you can't put your finger on it. It's not a fresh, sweet, wholesome energy, but an energy that speaks more to the underground, to desire, and to a kind of hell on earth wrapped up in a small, feminine package. But this isn't feminine the way Eve is feminine.

I'd expect the daughters of Eve to be more concerned with the appearance of femininity, while Lilith is about a more primal kind of femininity...there's possibly the actual femininity of her bone structure (as it's more a yin quality to be small-boned), and this is pitted against a more independently streaked personality.

I don't think the Eves can ever truly stand alone, as much as they might make protestations to the contrary. There's something that always brings them back to communion with others. Lilith, however, can thrive even after being cast out by all. She can stand alone against any opposition.

I wonder if people with prominent Lilith have faced overt social alienation. I know I certainly have. There was a period of time when I was living abroad and the other people from my group who lived in my city all started ignoring me because one girl and I had a disagreement and she started spreading rumors (and lies) about me. They believed her because she's the one who would drink, dance, and have sex with them. That wasn't at all my scene, so I had never been really warmly connected to any of them. So, I was in an entirely different country and culture and essentially completely alone. Anytime I saw any of them on the streets, they'd ignore me entirely and raise their voices so I could hear when they were talking about me (nothing nice).

Though I remember it, I didn't let it get to me. I didn't let them chase me out. I was cast out by a gaggle of Eves and I stood alone and strong, because I knew the truth and I knew myself. I kept that perspective, and remembered what caused it all. I knew this alienation came from a place of spite and insecurity, and I refused to surrender to their childish campaign. It's like Lilith standing up to Adam and being cast out of the Garden because she refused to subjugate herself to him. His demands couldn't curtail her sense of self.

Last edited: