Eating disorders..

I am very naughty and haven't read anyone else's posts in great depth but my take on your anorexia is as follows.

Anorexia and other eating disorders are about:
1. Perfectionism;
2. Wrong body image and wrong thinking;
3. Control of oneself.

I think its probably not of benefit to have a Pisc mercury but I see libran pluto in the 12th - secrets and possessive control of mind in the matters of beauty (body image). 12th house cusp is also in virgo, which adds this perfectionistic pursuit. I am sure you lib ascendant has something to do with it as well. Plus mercury sq moon must have some emotional impact on your mind and its conj with sun - fusion of thought and person/being ego. Plus saturn (taskmaster) in taur (beauty) must have something to do with it.

Hope that helps. I'm only a novice.

pisceskitty

My Saturn in actually in Gemini in the 8th house. Your post is very informative! don't worry 23..being "naughty" is good sometimes!

oops sorry :( I'm rather embarrassed. To reinterpret, 8th house's cusp is on tau (beauty) - deeper mysteries of life/obssession to you maybe is to achieve beauty (through anorexia) and saturn being in the 8th adds the taskmaster element to it, yourself.

Another thing that dropped when I logged off was that the 8th house (which in your case has Saturn) and 12th house (which has pluto) and 11th house is of importance.

They say that Anorexia for some has a religious/spiritual feeling in the sense that secret societies are created by sufferers and these sufferers end up inciting each other to starve themselves more all in the quest to achieve their goals of starvation. It becomes their mantra.

Just wondering if you when you were anorexic dealt with other sufferers, since you have 11th house cusp on virgo?

pisceskitty

:eek:

No I never really talked about it to anyone. I pretty much kept it to myself. The one thing I do notice about myself, is this strong need to heal/help other people. This is why I study nutrition. I feel like I need to redeem myself for past actions.

cara4art

Lots of people have commented along the way in my life about what they think is extremely disciplined eating - in the meantime I am not as strict as some people I have seen(VERY few, in our culture). Since the age of 26, following a short bout with mononucleosis, I got onto the path of natural health and fitness, and been so ever since(I am now 59, and am about to step up and refine things even further). Natally I have Saturn(6 Leo), Pluto(11 Leo), and the Moon(15 Leo) all conjunct in the 6th house, and Jupiter Rx(18 Scorpio, 8th house) squaring my Pluto-Moon conjunction there. That Jupiter Rx opposes my Mars(23 Taurus, end of 2nd house). My natal Saturn is quincunx my Ascendant(5 Pisces).
Unlike many middle-aged folks with a Pisces Ascendant, I am not overweight at all, and except for a 3-year period(stress-full, sedentary job with no exercise, or attention to diet at that time) in my early to mid-20's, have been on the slim side. I am very health-conscious with my food choices, and as mentioned above, many people find this to be excessively abstemious - they often say - "Oh, you don't need to be so disciplined/and or work out - you're slim!" Well, that's how I STAY slim, and personally I have benefited from a largely vegetarian diet with small amounts of lighter animal protein(no red meats of any sort here, or much dairy either)and little in the way of refined flour products. Also, I am highly sensitive to poor quality/overly rich/spoiled food - what others can eat with impunity can often make me ill - been that way since childhood. I don't drink or smoke either, and don't eat refined sugary things either, save for a little 70% dark chocolate(that's my only sweet). Other desserts are not part of my life. Even my husband comments on my discipline and discrimination about food!
I have also benefited greatly from the use of alternative medicine
I did get down to a very low weight in the couple of years following my mother's death in 1978, but put on a few beneficial solid muscular pounds due to training in the years following. I have not gained any appreciable weight following menopause either, due to good health habits.
Anyway, here's my birthdata if anyone want to comment on the above:
6/21/1947 11:51PM Providence, RI USA

PiscesKitty,

I was just reading through this thread and I missed the part were you said you were worried about your Pluto in the twelfth house meaning "deep psychological problems". Sorry didn't mean to scare you. This was just what I had read on the placement. Everyone will have difficult placings in their chart. I have read many terrible things about my Mercury square Neptune aspect, but it doesn't really worry me, I am trying to ground my mind and bring in more focus, I am trying to use my aspects more positively I try not to dwell in the negative too much.

This sounds terrible but I love charts with really interesting aspects and placements, it makes for a very interesting person to me. My Partner he has his Moon in the Twelfth house, I know his problems, I know what is behind his Twelfth house Moon. With his past and childhood, he has had a lot to overcome. I love everything about him and yes he was emotionally wounded from childhood (Moon in Twelfth house) but I love him all the more because he is facing his pain and is a very loving kind person and he treats me lovely. My son has Mercury in the twelfth house but as you know I am not going to read his chart (being an overly worried mother). I am sure whatever problems my son has to overcome in this lifetime, he will do with courage, like his father.

Here is something I read from Parker's Astrology

I hope you don't worry about your placements in your chart, here is a little more information on this placing in your chart.

[deleted copyrighted text posted without owner's permission - Moderator]

Hope this helps to ease your mind.

Miss S

Last edited by a moderator:

pisceskitty

Miss S,

Aww thank you so, so much. I tend to worry about that 12th house alot! when i looked at my solar return for 2007/2008 it had the Moon/Jupiter/Pluto sittin' right in there! But they are all making positive aspects to Venus. The Moon in the Ruler of the 7th. I sit and look at the 12th house like-:eek: LoL
I tend to worry alot! I'm very much a worry wart! I'm dealing with alot of past issues. It's been a painful/scary journey, but i'm getting there. I'm a tough cookie;)

Uranus and it's relation to eating disorders - Uranus can disassociate on a physical level. Detachment can present itself as body dysmorphia, a distorted sense of body image, which in itself can result in disease, such as anorexia or bulimia, which are commonly regarded as an attempt at control, but at the root are a bid for freedom - from physical life itself. Dissociation is behind many if not all physical and psychological problems.

Shining Ray

Nackie

What an interesting thread, and like you Pisces Kitty, I have Pluto in Libra in the 12th, libra Asc. and chiron in aries in the 6th.

I've been bulimic for over 15 years now, although I have had it pretty much under control the last 5 years, with some highs and lows. I have a lot of the afore mentioned characteristics, libra asc and taurus moon (7th) and venus conjunct the MC, squaring both AC, DC and Moon. Saturn in cancer, cancer intercepted in the 9th.

I think the jupiter in the 6th points more towards bulimia than anorexia, a marker for impulse control and "expansion", i.e. eating lots of food. Jupiter squares saturn, saturn being also my only water planet.

ff97.jpg

Nackie

pisceskitty

Hi Nackie!

It took alot of guts for me to even start this thread. There is a lot of shame when one has an eating disorder[at leats for me it is]becoming a vegetarian has really helped me alot. I'm actually eating something, and it's healthy too! it makes me feel at ease that the foods I eat are healthy. There's not all of this guilt invloved.

I do have my moments. Especially if I'm stressed about something, my first instinct is to NOT eat anything.When I was at my worse, starving myself felt good. I almost felt "proud" of myself. It was the one thing I could actually stick to![I loose interest reall quick!] I keep a journal, and I'm learning to not be so hard on myself. But the funny thing is-i looove to cook for, and feed other people. I've always loved cooking. Weird huh?:rolleyes:

pixie1982

Hi,

Sorry to those who wanted to stay away from that aspect but I wanted to agree with much that was said about the pluto sq venus aspect and to say that I think that it may be linked to eating disorders - because of the obsessive quality it gives people.

For example when a relationship breaks down turning this obsession towards food and controlling it so you become obsessive about dieting instead?

I have this aspect (and my venus also squares mars, jupiter and saturn i think) and I have struggled with eating disorders in the past and probably always will to an extent. I think I also loved the attention and something to become fixated on instead of relationships. I also think that the aspect may be linked to depression/ seeking destructive, controlling people or being one yourself?

I also think that this is a very interesting topic. I do think that eating disorders are linked to low self-esteem so maybe having aspects which cause this makes people susceptible to eating disorders?

Francesca

MilkyWayGirl, what shape is your Neptune in? Also, are there afflictions to Venus or moon other tatn mentioned? It's the "unsuitability,unavailable" aspect I am questioning. Thanks

Here is the chart of Karen Carpenter which show the significators for Anorexia which were listed.

Karen Carpenter:

Birth Chart:

The day she died:

On the evening of February 3rd, 1983, Karen spent the night in her parents house, in her old bedroom on the second floor of her parents home . Sometime the next morning, Karen got up, and donned a red jogging suit with a vial of Ativan in the pocket. She went down to the kitchen around quarter to 9 in the morning. At 8:50, her mother entered the kitchen, and found Karen unconscious on the floor. Paramedics were called, took her in an ambulance, tried CPR and the lot, and got her to the Downey Community Hospital where she was finally pronounced dead at 9:51am. Cardiac arrest. She was only 32, and weighed 108 pounds. If anyone has been living in a hole for the last 20 years, Karen suffered from Anorexia Nervosa, the eating disorder. It had finally taken its toll. Just when Karen was supposedly recovering, the toll on her heart was too much.

Here are the significators I posted for Anorexia from Parkers Astrology.

1. A powerful Saturn receiving negative aspects from the Sun, Moon or Ascendant - but note that these could denote a variety of ailments.

2. Indications of undue preoccupation with food and diet - look to aspects between the Moon, Venus and Jupiter, especially when a personal planet is in Taurus, Virgo or Libra is afflicted by Saturn.

3. Taurus, Virgo, or Libra emphasised by the Sun, Moon, or Ascendant.

4. A second or sixth house emphasis (by a personal or ruling planet).

5. An afflicted Moon or Venus - especially if either planet is in the sixth House.

6. An emphasis on Cancer-the sign of nourishment by the Sun, Moon, or Ascendant.

7. A heavily aspected Pluto in the health houses i.e the first, sixth or psychological health house, the twelfth.

Last edited:
Karen's Moon is also her chart ruler (physical body) Conjunct Pluto such a transforming of appearance. Emotionally she may find it hard to let her feelings show and plus the secrecy you have to keep with this illness about what food you are eating. The Mercury opposes Pluto too so possibly this all represents secrets/obsessions around food/her emotions. Jupiter aspects all this energy, and multiplies it. And Jupiter rules her sixth house of health so the obsessive dieting went too far.

The Sun/Saturn for restriction and Saturn is in Virgo/4th and I have read where Saturn is placed there can be an overcompensating expression of the energy, the place where our fears and insecurities lie. So because of our feeling of lack (in the sign/house where Saturn is Placed) we try to overcompensate.

Virgo is the perfectionist sign and so maybe she felt pressure within the family to be perfect at the deepest core of her being (4th house) Maybe she felt less than perfect and this depressed her and so she was driven to achieve perfection. Saturn rules the 8th house of death, and her eating disorder and this need for perfection is what lead to her death which caused heart/failure Sun/Saturn she never nourished her body (Saturn has lessons to learn around looking after your health well being, but without going to the extreme.) She has a sensitive Sun in Pisces and so when a journalist commented about her weight when she was a young girl she was really sensitive to this criticism and this started her off on her eating disorder.

Uranus has also been linked to Anorexia and Karen has this in her 1st house (physical body) a detachment at a physical level from her body. A distorted body image she still believed she was fat even though she was like a walking skeleton. In my Astrology book it says that disassociation is behind many, if not all psychological problems I think Karen needed to learn to reconnect to her physical body (Uranus 1st).

Looking at her Nodes, Uranus in 1st Cancer is square her Nodes on the Aries/Libra and 10th/4th axis with Mars in fall in Libra 4th conjunct SN. Mybe this is also significant in her chart.

Last edited:

Mere

Hi everyone. I have had OCD-like tendencies, periods of depression and anxiety, and disordered eating patterns since I was maybe about 12, however, in the past year these tendencies have spun more and more out of control and I have finally reached out for help. While I have not recieved an official diagnosis, my symptoms including periods of self starvation and over exercising followed by episodes of binge eating and purging, basically needing to feel "in control".

I've been interested in to see what kind of aspects in my natal chart have influenced these tendencies in the first place (I guess it's my scorpio rising always trying to get to the bottom of things), and have found a few aspects of particular interest in which I have listed below:

Sun oppose ascendant
Moon oppose Uranus
Moon oppose Neptune
Moon trine Pluto
Moon conjunct Chiron
Mercury Square Saturn
Venus oppose Neptune
Jupiter oppose Saturn
Pluto in the 12th house, heavily aspected
A stellium in Cancer in the 8th house

Of course, there may be more(or less) and the ones I have listed may not have anything to with the disorder. If you like to take a look at my natal chart, in which I have listed below.

daisy13

So what do you all think? Are my interpretations correct or far off? I look forward to reading your response. Please feel free to PM if there are more details that I should supply.

Thanks

Last edited:

Claire19

Here are some significators of a possible eating disorder from Parker's Astrology

[deleted copyrighted text posted without owner's permission - Moderator]

Looking at your chart PiscesKitty you have Sun Square Saturn (denying Self). You have a Libra Ascendant (focus on appearance). You have an afflicted Moon and Venus. You have Cancer on the M.C and the ruler of the M.C the Moon squares Mercury (this may put an emphasis on the thinking about food analyzing what you have eaten). Also you have Pluto in the twelfth house in Libra can represent deep psychological problems. Twelfth house likes to keep things hidden and Pluto secret, maybe with Pluto in Libra obsession on appearance.

Miss S[/

Very good comment.. Sometimes abuse is the at the root and often sexual.. Saturn rules the 4th of nurturance if Cancer is on the MC.
square to the Sun can mean harsh and unloving influences with parents.

Claire19

What an interesting thread, and like you Pisces Kitty, I have Pluto in Libra in the 12th, libra Asc. and chiron in aries in the 6th.

I've been bulimic for over 15 years now, although I have had it pretty much under control the last 5 years, with some highs and lows. I have a lot of the afore mentioned characteristics, libra asc and taurus moon (7th) and venus conjunct the MC, squaring both AC, DC and Moon. Saturn in cancer, cancer intercepted in the 9th.

I think the jupiter in the 6th points more towards bulimia than anorexia, a marker for impulse control and "expansion", i.e. eating lots of food. Jupiter squares saturn, saturn being also my only water planet.

ff97.jpg

Nackie
Valid analysis for sure. I would concentrate on effects on the 1st, 4th and 6th houses though...I think the Moon afflicted definitely is the hallmark for all eating disorders. I have an afflicted Taurus Moon and comfort eat. Jupiter expands and exaggerates whatever it touches.

especially sweets...