Astrocartography Uranus/IC

HeyPlayGirl

hi,
ok i have been searching high and low for a good explanation of how one can be affected by living on their uranus/ic line. the obvious to me would be instability in the home life, like moving from place to place. i read the astro.com interp but i'd like a better explanation or even a personal experience.
ok thanks :biggrin:

EJ53

Banned
My natal Uranus (in Gemini/9th) is on the MC, but knowing how it's worked for me there might give you some idea of what to expect with Uranus on IC.

The impact has been upon my career (MC); the events have been clashes with my line-managers about professional ethics (Gemini/9th); the timing was always "just as I was about to be promoted" and the outcome that I moved on to a "more ethical employer".......[My Uranus sextiles Saturn in Virgo/11th, promising (but not automatically giving) rewards for hard work...which trines Jupiter in Capricorn/4th on IC, making me feel "at home" with employers who share my beliefs......(But note that Uranus opposes Jupiter, making me "unsettled" with employers who do not share my beliefs...so, it's easy to see how this astrological loop operates.)]

However, you would have Uranus in Sagittarius/4th (or 3rd) on IC square Mercury in Virgo/1st (or 12th).

Uranus on IC would make you restless at home, creating friction leading to you breaking ties with "family"......That friction would be caused by your "nit-picking" (Mercury in Virgo/1st) or loneliness (Mercury in Virgo/12th)......and the outcome is likely to be "homesickness"......But, "homesickness" is perhaps a neccessary step towards achieving your Uranus in Sagittarius independence.

HeyPlayGirl

ahh i was hoping uranus wouldnt be so negative hehe

well it's actually my son's chart that would have uranus on his ic if we moved. but thank you for explaining it in more detail for me!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Antikythera Mechanism

I believe that basically Uranus is all about suddenness- movement and revolution. On the IC= 4th house cusp it is noted that always is about the Home.
In Mundane astrology Uranus signifies Earth Quakes! Shaking things- Revolutions and other things- My past posts involve what Uranus is! I know that it is a little different in Natal astrology but that is what I am used to reading and experiment with the IC and Uranus a very interesting planet.

HeyPlayGirl

thanks for your reply antikythera :biggrin:
i agree it sounds like an interesting combo! but i geuss i'm just hoping there would be some positivity to it! i'm all for a revolution just not in the home hehe

Or best case scenario I have known people with Uranus IC collect unsual things, like silver thimbels or porcelain pigs or just have an unsual home or they make it different, more stimulating...

gem1ni

I have lived on my Uranus IC line for a short period (3 months), and I visit it often for holiday. One thing about this line is that it's hard to settle there. For example, I've looked for jobs at that location, but was unable to find any - it's a s if the planet doesn't want you to live there.

I find it an excellent place for holidays - there is a sense of freedon and joy, and I feel energetic and resourceful. It's excellent for shopping and entertainment! But it would be much harder to live there permamently. One thing that happens is that even though there is an opportunity for freedom and independence, many factors conspire to take this from you, which produces stress and anxiety. I think it's the opposition to the MC that makes this.

I legally chaged my name and made some other changes to my identity there that were very successful.

waybread

I also have Uranus conjunct my MC--and hence, opposite my IC. I think a lot depends upon other aspects to your Uranus/IC. If you've got some nice trines or sextiles to it, you might experience its liberating potential. A constructive use of this placement would be to create a home that is unusual in some way; and easy to change when the mood strikes. This could be anything from living in a RV or sailboat to having an unconventional minimalist decor, where you can easily change things around at will. Or perhaps where you can display an unusual collection of some kind.

marioroberts

I have lived on my Uranus IC line for a short period (3 months), and I visit it often for holiday. One thing about this line is that it's hard to settle there. For example, I've looked for jobs at that location, but was unable to find any - it's a s if the planet doesn't want you to live there.

I find it an excellent place for holidays - there is a sense of freedon and joy, and I feel energetic and resourceful. It's excellent for shopping and entertainment! But it would be much harder to live there permamently. One thing that happens is that even though there is an opportunity for freedom and independence, many factors conspire to take this from you, which produces stress and anxiety. I think it's the opposition to the MC that makes this.

I legally chaged my name and made some other changes to my identity there that were very successful.